• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Awakening has no canon ships.

Despite being pushed kinda hard by the game's cutscenes, Chrom x Sumia is no more canon than Chrom x Maribelle.

Unfortunately, being pushed by cutscenes plays into what I do or don’t ship...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

RBby73B.png

That's not very family friendly. Games without an age restriction shouldn't encourage that sort of stuff.

Spoiler

If you don't get it, I'm making a really lame joke about drugs.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oohh, right. Then I could've married Finn without worry. Good to know for any potential future runs... Though in this one, I think I'm happier if Finn keeps his rings for the time being.

....He'd still lose all his stuff. The lances from what I know disappear.

It's stupid.

It's part of the reason I'd be wary to pair him.

Well, he is treated the same way as any other parent. What the kid can use is passed down. Everything else is thrown back into the abyss, to resurface at a later point in the game.

Edited by BrightBow

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not very family friendly. Games without an age restriction shouldn't encourage that sort of stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

If you don't get it, I'm making a really lame joke about drugs.

...not me thinking something other than drugs...

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What?!

Kaga!

Its not the biggest deal, a minor boss that immediately charges you in chapter 8 drops it, so he is only missing out on it for that first chapter where he is trapped in the south anyway (unless you did the sneaky strat of passing the return staff, and return band to Nanna, so she can warp the whole crew up to Seliph's starting castle...)

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.png.1d478bf645a50a687b349ccd535523

Chapter 7 should be e-z. You are seeing all this, right?

I assumed unlimited deployment meant there wouldn’t be that many units...

Wait why is everyone’s hair the same color?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait why is everyone’s hair the same color?

It's merely the limitation of sprites at the time.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It doesn't.

In actuality, the only units actually present for Rubenio is Leif -the unit on the castle entrance- and the horse unit to the right (Nanna) and the horse unit to the left (Finn).

The inside joke here, comes from Thracia 776. Leif's portion of Chapter 7 of Genealogy, becomes Chapter 19 of Thracia 776. All those units represent every possible character Leif could have up to that point. The Warrior directly to his south is Dagdar, the General with a spear to the far right is Xavier, the Pegasi are Karin and Misha, etc..

Basically, it's poking fun at the drastic inconsistency between 3 and like 40 units found between the two takes of this moment in Jugdrali events.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

20 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its not the biggest deal, a minor boss that immediately charges you in chapter 8 drops it, so he is only missing out on it for that first chapter where he is trapped in the south anyway (unless you did the sneaky strat of passing the return staff, and return band to Nanna, so she can warp the whole crew up to Seliph's starting castle...)

Funnily enough I do have the return band on Leif. He can ditch his loyal knight and medic if he wants.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.png.1d478bf645a50a687b349ccd535523

Chapter 7 should be e-z. You are seeing all this, right?

I did notice a distinct lack of Augustus bashing Leif for his hubris. FE4's story is worse than Thracia's for that. Oh well, at least it features Leif's portrait... Somehow managing to look better in 4 than in 5. I didn't think I'd see the day.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As Observer said, there aren't that many units in the actual game. That's just a recreation of how it would look like if the entire cast of Thracia 776 was present.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The difference is, those pairs cease existing after they're recruited because FE writing be like that. Quan and Ethlyn... go down a different route.

I mean, you could argue that Quan/Ethlyn also is a ship that ceases to exist.

Dn1nyqCXsAAVXw9_1.jpeg

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Getting Siegfried to the red chest always seemed pretty straightforward to me. His movement isn't restricted by sand.

No but Hilda is and I needed Hilda to draw away the bandits, otherwise they overwhelm Sieg and murder him. Him being a squishy mage means he can't handle all those enemies at once.

And again, doesn't help that the game straight-up lies to you.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, Motion control emulation with right joystick sure is...something xD

I'm guessing it's not as smooth as it is in 3D All-Stars.

Well, I wish you luck.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The inside joke here, comes from Thracia 776. Leif's portion of Chapter 7 of Genealogy, becomes Chapter 19 of Thracia 776.

Wait....how does that fit into the timeline then? Cause Thracia has more chapters after that yet according to FE4, this is where he and Seliph meet up.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No but Hilda is and I needed Hilda to draw away the bandits, otherwise they overwhelm Sieg and murder him. Him being a squishy mage means he can't handle all those enemies at once.

And again, doesn't help that the game straight-up lies to you.

Can't say I recall the game telling any lies here.

And the bandits are simply taken care of by your fliers.

The tricky part of that map is dealing with Zweirach and his bodyguards of infinitely reincarnating demons.

Edited by BrightBow

Damn it the boss juked me like 10 times then throw something at me that threw me outta bouns hahaha xD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm guessing it's not as smooth as it is in 3D All-Stars.

so it's the same in 3D all stars?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, I wish you luck

thanks^^

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Can't say I recall the game telling any lies here.

It said "get the magic thing in the red chest in 10 turns". Hilda and Sieg spawn on turn 2 so I assumed that meant I had to get there by turn 12. Nope, it's turn 10.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

And the bandits are simply taken care of by your fliers.

Yeah well I benched then all because they all couldn't kill for shit and in a game where I couldn't save state besides the five turns, I wasn't gonna bother.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's the same in 3D all stars?

3D-All Stars uses the motion controls in the right Joy-Con for all the pointing stuff but if you play with the Pro Controller, it uses gyro for pointing instead. You...aren't using gyro but my point was that even the gyro method worked surprisingly smoothly.

And of course, spin got mapped to Y.