Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The leaves in the wind in this still image, they feel unreal, and not in a bad way. I don't have a PS4, and usually I'm not huge on realism, but that does look beautiful. Wonderful to see a feudal Japan that is magnificently photorealistic instead of cel-shaded for a change.

It really is. I need to take more screenshots, but even on the base PS4 it's a stunning world to explore. A few frame dips here and there, but nothing to ruin the experience. I'm not one to push for realism, but Tsushima does it so well that it makes me appreciate the artistic direction even more.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit: I can't get over how hard they went in on the Tiger Tiger remix. Like listen to this

NO! NO! NOT THE CURSED SONG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It really is. I need to take more screenshots, but even on the base PS4 it's a stunning world to explore. A few frame dips here and there, but nothing to ruin the experience. I'm not one to push for realism, but Tsushima does it so well that it makes me appreciate the artistic direction even more.

Adding to this, I just wanna add that I really like that there is a black and white filter so you can take some old school samurai film shots.

I don't own the game myself (or a PS4 for that matter), I just felt like bringing this up because I think it's cool.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

NO! NO! NOT THE CURSED SONG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You will listen to it and you will like it.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

What...?

Check my previous post for more context but basically, Tiger Tiger is an arcade-style minigame in Xenoblade 2 that you can play to earn customizable items for Poppi. You don't need to do this at all of course but some people don't like how tedious the mini-game can become.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What...?

THIS SONG TOOK MY SANITY WHEN I LISTENED TO IT FOR SIX HOURS STRAIGHT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You don't need to do this at all of course but some people don't like how tedious the mini-game can become.

That 4% drop thing you need for the DLC quest... That cursed thing...

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You will listen to it and you will like it.

It only made wince in fear of Poppi.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Adding to this, I just wanna add that I really like that there is a black and white filter so you can take some old school samurai film shots.

I don't own the game myself (or a PS4 for that matter), I just felt like bringing this up because I think it's cool.

Yeah, I tried that. It's really nice for those who want it.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Check my previous post for more context but basically, Tiger Tiger is an arcade-style minigame in Xenoblade 2 that you can play to earn customizable items for Poppi. You don't need to do this at all of course but some people don't like how tedious the mini-game can become.

Ah, I see.

After the awful Xenoblade 1 Medley, this right here shows that even the greatest errors can be corrected.

The Xenoblade 1 Medley is just a mashup of the original battle themes, aside from a short remix of Gaur Plains and Engage the Enemy.

The Xenoblade 2 Medley on the other hand remixes the songs of every Titan (except Indol, tbf, idk how they could've fit it) and done in a way that feels like it's truly celebrating the game.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

It only made wince in fear of Poppi.

Poppi-a-portrait.png

18 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Hm

What do I get for donating to the orphanage in TRS Map 35?

Also, geez, these townsfolk are unpleasant :v

Nothing from the donations I think. Maybe uncursing one of those super-rare cursed weapons, if you have any.

And Chapter 35 is... different. The battle should've never happened and the people you're liberating are ungrateful wretches whose attitudes make me want to validate their strong cynicism via forceful acquisition of everything they own. -But as cynicism ruins nations, I know it's better shut up, ignore the buffoons, and perform the duties of government which would help them and thus restore their trust in government or build that trust in the next generation at least, as that is the right thing to do.

I can appreciate the surprising inversion of usual gamey expectations with the Chapter 35 NPC backlash, but it doesn't make those people any less unlikeable.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Chapter 35 is... different. The battle should've never happened and the people you're liberating are ungrateful wretches whose attitudes make me want to validate their strong cynicism via forceful acquisition of everything they own. -But as cynicism ruins nations, I know it's better shut up, ignore the buffoons, and perform the duties of government which would help them and thus restore their trust in government or build that trust in the next generation at least, as that is the right thing to do.

Aka The Paradox method.

Well, I found my Smash Ultimate main! 

The Aegis girls are soooo fun to play as! 

Although from a competitive standpoint, I can see them struggling to get early KOs, which could be a hamperment. Not without some impressive reads, at least. 

They actually have a designed negative, unlike most Ultimate characters, which I like. 

I prefer Pyra, though. Sorry Mythra fans!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Chapter 35 is... different. The battle should've never happened

Yeah tell me about it.

Spoiler

Julius seems like he's planning to leave at the start of the map, but then he keeps fighting?

And he's fighting to buy time for Sennet... but it doesn't seem like Runan is opposed to what Sennet is doing. It's very confusing to me.

But then again I picked up a save file I stopped playing on probably over a year ago, so my memory is probably hazy.

Following on that line of thought from a while back... Well, I still have the email I used back in High School. But no new messages since 2019. Eh, if I get something there, it'll be easy to recognize at least, haha. Still...

Well, this update was rather underwhelming. Only thing that was really added was an Evolution of the Rex spirit to make him look even dumber.

But the Mii costumes were really nice at least.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Alright council of Teehee, I need another Pokémon name, this time a Buizel. 10 characters and no swear words still, go!

Edit: No one responded quickly yet I want to keep playing so I will go with Arden for @Saint Rubenio.

Yes. Excellent. Victory is mine.

Next up, Derrick. Make it happen, chop-chop.

10 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

pic_0002.png.27adc99e0645f9f7db8a21686e39efa2.pngpic_0003.png.fb1ef910d295b2650d1550d20f50ad41.png

...does this imply that not-Anna is part of the cult of Gerxel? :thonk:

Hah! That's an... interesting bit of secret shop dialogue.

I don't think I've ever gone into that secret shop, myself. Sierra is usually with Runan at this point, and even if she wasn't Maerchen usually suffices to get all the tomes she could require.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If she is, it has to be solely as an excuse for easy access to Dark Magic publishers and scribes. Orange Anna is a moderate believer in the Zoan faith, the Gwenchaosian hardliners aren't for her. Wealth is a sign that Gerxel loves us and wants us to be happy, so trade with the infidel is perfectly fine, even in times of war with the infidel.

Who knew that not-Anna was such a ruthless, merciless businesswoman. If the slaver didn't exist I'd call her the true villain of TRS.

8 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Hm

What do I get for donating to the orphanage in TRS Map 35?

You get to feel nice about yourself. Also, if you have a weapon with +50 crit, it has a 50% chance to gain the devil effect. You can cleanse it at the orphanage. I've... never seen it happen, and I'm pretty sure the only way anyone's ever going to is with the 50 kill iron sword and lance from the early chapters and Luca's meme bow.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing from the donations I think. Maybe uncursing one of those super-rare cursed weapons, if you have any.

I can appreciate the surprising inversion of usual gamey expectations with the Chapter 35 NPC backlash, but it doesn't make those people any less unlikeable.

6 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Yeah tell me about it.

Reveal hidden contents

Julius seems like he's planning to leave at the start of the map, but then he keeps fighting?

And he's fighting to buy time for Sennet... but it doesn't seem like Runan is opposed to what Sennet is doing. It's very confusing to me.

But then again I picked up a save file I stopped playing on probably over a year ago, so my memory is probably hazy.

I always felt that as far as Camuses go, Julius makes sense.

Spoiler

The Canaanite princes don't know Runan. For all they know, he could be a ruthless, vengeful conqueror hell bent on destroying the country that killed his father and handed his home to Purple Kempf (Wakempf...?). They fear that he'll take out his anger on the Caananite people if he's allowed to take over the country. However, if Sennet makes it to the Canaanhall first, he'll be able to stand his ground and negotiate with Runan on equal terms, ensuring the safety of the people and the future of Canaan.

The tragedy here is that, well, the player knows that Runan is nothing like that. All they had to do was sit down and talk things out, but the Canaanites were too afraid to try it. So, Ernst and Julius gave up their lives to stall for time. That, and Julius was consumed by the guilt of not having been able to stop his father from engulfing the entire world in bloody conflict. Whereas Barker decided to atone for his inaction by acting, so to speak, Julius became suicidal; and credit where credit is due, after Ernst was defeated, he acknowledged that they weren't going to win and fully intended to go down on his own, a fact reflected on the gameplay for once. Y'know, until his men disobeyed his orders and threw themselves at death alongside him.

The Reevans being huge pieces of shit is just there as an additional gut punch. Plus, it sets the stage for future revelations (big spoilers here😞

Spoiler

After seeing how the Reevans act first-hand, Zieg's true backstory makes perfect sense. If they were all sunshine and rainbows it would feel like it comes out of nowhere.

Overall, I think that bit of plot works well, personally. Runan's route overall is quite solid when it comes to the story.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who knew that not-Anna was such a ruthless, merciless businesswoman. If the slaver didn't exist I'd call her the true villain of TRS.

Huh...
Guess that's another thing Kaga did first.

7 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Yeah tell me about it.

Hide contents

He is simply lying in order to get Theodora to leave. Heck, Theodora even directly accuses him of lying.
He probably said the truth in regards to the words of the messenger, that they were offered a save retreat if they would surrender the palace. But he was absolutely lying about his intent to accept those conditions. Because the very next scene has Eugen stating that their messenger reported that Julius refuses to surrender the palace.

Edited by BrightBow

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ay hold up, that Tiger Tiger remix kinda bopping tho.

Yeah i was surprised really. 

On the other hand Counterattack is quite a bit weaker imo

Coffee with milk be lookin good tho. Always knew she the best

Edited by Shrimperor