Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In conclusion, Hard mode is always fair and balanced (unless it's FE6).

Me, who only likes FE6 HM and thinks NM is merely okay.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Me, who only likes FE6 HM and thinks NM is merely okay.

The biggest crime is your favorite map in the entire series being chapter 21. ⚔️

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Treason.

FE6 NM is FE7 but with a better difficulty curve.

FE6 HM is FE10 part 1 but with an edgy swordlord and ambush spawns.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The biggest crime is your favorite map in the entire series being chapter 21. ⚔️

P L A Y  I T  O N  H M

1445568180_FE6story(1).sav

I think that's the right file...

On NM, 21 is just...Cog of Destiny except not as bad because it's not a rout map.

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You beat TRS.

TRS is easy, but it keeps things interesting through mechanics and a unique cast. Plus, I played it early enough, back when I still got some entertainment out of even vanilla FE8. I'm not sure if I would enjoy it so much if I had discovered it nowadays.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Clearly the answer is for all of you to try SRW.

And people call me one note.

By the way, since the Song of Life is coming to Steam on the 25th, there is a chance that other games in the series will be going on sale on the 25th!

Just now, Benice said:

By the way, since the Song of Life is coming to Steam on the 25th, there is a chance that other games in the series will be going on sale on the 25th!

All I care about the 25th, game-wise, is that Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga might get a release date at this Sony event that I otherwise couldn't give two shits about. Keyword being might.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah, FE6's hard mode. What an... what an experience, all right. I wouldn't call it a good one, fond as I am of it.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

, FE6's hard mode. What an... what an experience, all right. I wouldn't call it a good one, fond as I am of it.

Endgame Marcus.

The latest SoS looks to be getting 7/10s as the norm. Not the worst, but shame it couldn't be better.

Now the game I really waiting to see reviews of this week is Balan Wonderworld, it looks like it'll be a baby bird that plummets to its death on first flight. It sure is cute, but with its wings, it never stood a chance. Releasing on the same day as Monster Hunter Rise means it's going to be eaten alive.

DQIII is being enjoyable. I did read that the world map is based almost entirely on IRL Earth, and I do readily see it, I like the charm in that. Currently headed towards not-Egypt.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

I will say it was a very bold move.

Adding in the other characters...

Spoiler

They needed to reprimand Kalas a bit more. I don't dislike him, but you'd think that allowing the ancient god of destruction to be released and then accepting its power would result in some very hard feelings. Even Gibari, the "I'd rather go through life trusting everyone than no one and be alone" guy ought to feel bothered by that, not necessarily enough he'd not forgive Kalas, but one tough remark at least.

The player should've gotten a choice as to whether or not they wanted to return to Kalas or stay with Xelha too. It'd require a few writing tweaks, but I'm sure not every player would be happy with Kalas again.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

How is this a living being?

Never thought of it this way before, but it reminds me of King Zora in Ocarina of Time. A big round thing sitting on a throne.

The outlandish imposing structure does I think help explain the origins of Mizuti's childish ego. This massive fake-out creates a first impression of magnificence, befitting one endowed with the title "Great", it's not like it could be intended for anything else. The Children of the Earth have a place for silly pretentiousness, Mizuti's is just another case of it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Now the fight didn't last as long because my attack cheats are set in place but yeah, I can definitely see why this would take a long time if you were to do it legit.

There is also the fact that...

Spoiler

Scyther got Healing Potions for 1000 HP apiece this time.

Abolishing that, and removing the immediate redux with a tiny difference, would've made it much more tolerable. The first part should've lasted like 2 minutes as a "fake fight" before stuff happens and the real deal begins.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is that what the implication of this dungeon was?

I think...

Spoiler

They said earlier that "If we let you get away with opposing the Empire, we'll be executed as traitors". That probably happened.

In retrospect, I think it would've better to delete Fadroh from existence and put them in his place at Melodia's side & Imperial Fortress instead.

Otherwise, the Phantom Goldoba is I think just indicative of the oddities of Mira. "Mind parasites" from other dimensions can somehow slip into this one and pick on particular people.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

and I should finish the game later today (as in, after class).

The ending can be a little long, probably at least a half-hour and then 8 minutes of credits.

During the credits, laugh at the game's final act of humor with listing the voice acting as the very first thing. Most of the credits lists which of the two developers an employee belonged to in parentheses next to their name, so you can assemble two Venn diagrams and sort out which of all the game's flaws and strengths belongs to Monolith and Tri-Crescendo.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Endgame Marcus.

Bwahahahahaha... Okay, look. I cannot in good conscience call hard FE6 a good game. But fuck me if I don't have good memories of it. That LP was wild. And it didn't have the Arknights spamer, which from now on will be a plus to all my LPs except the one of my favorite game!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And people call me one note.

You know how to make me stop...

---

Hmm, the 31st of March is not that long now. I still have that desire of maybe getting SDatSoL, but well, still no Switch. If worst comes to worst, I ask my cousin if I can put my profile in his, then just buy the game, and play it once I get my own Switch.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still have that desire of maybe getting SDatSoL, but well, still no Switch.

Here's a better idea: Get it on PC for free, and you get the funny translation as a bonus instead of "watered down Shadow Dragon."

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t get it.

It's a reference to my FE6 LP. I had a RNG-blessed Marcus (Marcus being the Jeigan) that was somehow still viable in the endgame. Gave him the legendary sword, too. Good times.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

(Marcus being the Jeigan)

He thinks I don’t know!

Try playing fe7, you’ll see what a good endgame Marcus looks like. 😉

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here's a better idea: Get it on PC for free, and you get the funny translation as a bonus instead of "watered down Shadow Dragon."

I rather get it the proper way if I can afford it. For just like 150~ MXN, it's frustrating it's a limited release. Unless it gets shoved as part of the Online service afterwards instead of an actual purchase. And I wouldn't buy a Switch for just that game. Plenty of games I'd want to get on Switch.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

You're proving my point.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but it keeps things interesting through mechanics

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know i mentioned this before but TRS just felt like GBA FE for the most part.

Except the final stretch lol.

Wait this is implying GBA FE ain't interesting, oh no, don't quote me on that.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Baten Kaitos Major Spoilers

Spoiler

....yeeeeeeah, it definitely had vibes of

https://youtu.be/JeYIlET3szA

(SF pls embed the video)

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think...

They specifically said

Spoiler

"If you want to escape, you'll have to get through us", which i understood as they couldn't just let him go without a fight. Although given Geldoblame, i wouldn't be surprised if he executed them either way.

Idk, i feel like the death of Lyude's siblings, if it happened, should've been more.....important, if it really did happen.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He thinks I don’t know!

Try playing fe7, you’ll see what a good endgame Marcus looks like. 😉

Yeah, see, in FE7 it's not funny because Marcus is the best unit in the game and therefore it is normal for him to be good in the lategame. In FE6 it was glorious because the guy was supposed to fall off, and instead survived when 36 of his peers fell to the wrath of my bad tactics.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know i mentioned this before but TRS just felt like GBA FE for the most part.

Except the final stretch lol.

Wait this is implying GBA FE ain't interesting, oh no, don't quote me on that.

Too late.

And no, GBAFE doesn't have proper army splits, skill system or the extremely bonkers playable cast that TRS has.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, see, in FE7 it's not funny because Marcus is the best unit in the game and therefore it is normal for him to be good in the lategame. In FE6 it was glorious because the guy was supposed to fall off, and instead survived when 36 of his peers fell to the wrath of my bad tactics.

Sometimes I feel like you forget I’ve played FEs that were pre-Awakening.

I remember my first play through of fe7, where I had no knowledge of Jagens or randomized growths. I didn’t even know Marcus was promoted for a while. Took him all the way to endgame because he was good and he was one of three units that could damage the final boss.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And no, GBAFE doesn't have proper army splits, skill system or the extremely bonkers playable cast that TRS has.

The only skill in TRS that actually mattered was Flurry.

And Warp. But mainly Flurry.

Yeah i still stand by the fact that skills in TRS didn't really matter that much. They mattered more than Tellius but only small margin.

Sometimes I feel like you forget I’ve played FEs that were pre-Awakening.

I kinda do, not gonna lie.

I remember my first play through of fe7, where I had no knowledge of Jagens or randomized growths. I didn’t even know Marcus was promoted for a while. Took him all the way to endgame because he was good and he was one of three units that could damage the final boss.

Well yeah. That's par for the course when it comes to Marcus. It is largely accepted nowadays that Marcus is amazing. Not quite Seth levels of unbeatable, but close. Only reason he was ever looked down upon was that in the early days the FE community had no idea how to play FE.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The only skill in TRS that actually mattered was Flurry.

And Warp. But mainly Flurry.

Yeah i still stand by the fact that skills in TRS didn't really matter that much. They mattered more than Tellius but only small margin.

That still means more than GBA, which just plain didn't have them. Sacred Stones's skill system is so half assed I hesitate to even count it as such.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

....And this is selling me how?

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now the game I really waiting to see reviews of this week is Balan Wonderworld, it looks like it'll be a baby bird that plummets to its death on first flight. It sure is cute, but with its wings, it never stood a chance. Releasing on the same day as Monster Hunter Rise means it's going to be eaten alive.

Reviewers are going to do to that game what Arvis did to Sigurd.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, the 31st of March is not that long now. I still have that desire of maybe getting SDatSoL, but well, still no Switch. If worst comes to worst, I ask my cousin if I can put my profile in his, then just buy the game, and play it once I get my own Switch.

I mean, it is SDatBoL. If you can work out the profile issue, it could be an option if you want it. I don't know how easy it'd be for me to try and offer, though not impossible because I could pretend mine was based over in Mexico (As all Switches can do. Pretend it's in another country)

Wake me up when it starts happening to SNES FE.

Just a point on BS Marcus: He can still be used in Sands of Time after being so Spd screwed he levels it up once in 12 levels. I couldn't end up using him after the next chapter.

Marcus good is nothing new. It is boring though.

Edited by Dayni

I'm gonna put this in a spoiler tag so Ruben can choose whether or not to explode from hype, but...

I've found something even better than Armor Dancer Lord, or Double Dancer Lord...

Spoiler

A 9-MOVE, CLIFF-CLIMBING CAVALIER DANCER LORD