Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

The only part i hate in RD really is part 4. Fuck it's route maps with infinite reinforcements

16 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Part 3-1: Route with a time limit, and fog of war with enemies that will simply hide in the fog...its obnoxious

Is it? You get torches, you can light areas, and the time limit means you have to play fast (something i generally do).

Part 3-4: A notable part of the map is completely inaccessible to horse mounted units....

that's a feature though. We need more stuff like that to make horse domination less of a problem. 

Unless you look up a guide the pits become annoying

I disagree with this for one reason: The pits can easily be dealt with if you have fliers and become a non problem. If you have fliers wait on suspicous places, your footies can move through normally.

And you can deal with the ballista pretty easily using Siege Tomes from other maps

Re: Valuable items thing: Are you sure that's the case? And even then, one or two uses ain't gonna make a difference.

Also Dawn brigade has Jill, Nolan and Miccy (among others) as perfectly good units. I didn't have much trouble with them like many people tend to have. Then again i don't just call Miccy bad and never use her, like many tend to.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Most people don't have my problems with easy FEs

I still found Ike parts in RD harder than like, 90% of other FE.

Then again, i am one of those weird people who consider FE5 easy and 3H hard XD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fuck it's route maps with infinite reinforcements

I'm trying to think of which ones are actually infinite. 4-5 is, but that's kill boss and I will say I was in the mood for that by then. 4-3 and 4-4 can feel like it, but one has desert and makes it worse to deal with and the other I feel has an easier time.

Which ones in the first map then?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I'm trying to think of which ones are actually infinite. 4-5 is, but that's kill boss and I will say I was in the mood for that by then. 4-3 and 4-4 can feel like it, but one has desert and makes it worse to deal with and the other I feel has an easier time.

Which ones in the first map then?

4-5 reinforcements end in turn 25. At least, looking up that's what it says.

Olivier's map is the one where the reinforcement didn't stop coming like 20 turns in and they kept spawning like 12 every 2 turns.

Part 4 made almost drop RD and the only reason i didn't is because Part 1-3 were like the perfect FE experience for me at that time

Edited by Shrimperor

... and 4-4's on Turn 15... though they do come at like 11-12 at a time...

Maybe if no one rushed the chapters something like turn 15 wouldn't feel like a distant thing...

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, FE just needs Strike-Valor-Cheer-Luck Cyflashes/insert other aoe here.😛

Or 21 Mov Proto Garland (MC) with 1-5 range...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe if no one rushed the chapters something like turn 15 wouldn't feel like a distant thing...

Imagine playing FE slowly and taking every turn for the enjoyment it offers. 😛

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

4-5 reinforcements end in turn 25. At least, looking up that's what it says.

I thought they were a lot longer.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

picture from my playthrough a few years back

All those circled blue are reinforcements

On the one hand I can't disagree there's a lot at once. That is a thing that lengthened this map a ton

On the other hand this is at the point where chances are a ton of units are stupid OP. Not saying this is particularly good design mind.

(See: Neph Neph and taking out ~15, possibly 20 enemies on 1 EP at least, I know this because RNG is so dumb she survived 10 of them when she probably shouldn't have)

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'll get my box of shame then.

I wouldn't call clearing maps in ~10 turns ''rushing''. This is far from LTC.

It also depends on the map, if the map can make me enjoy it for more without resulting to massive backtrack and reinforcements. Doesn't happen often, if at all.

Don't force me to stay on a map longer than i need to.

Edited by Shrimperor

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ike's maps might have been less obnoxious if his entire team didn't have a permanent 15% boost to hit and avoid at all times.

That sounds like it would be quite helpful.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

that's a feature though. We need more stuff like that to make horse domination less of a problem. 

If RD had a dismount feature I would be fine with it...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I disagree with this for one reason: The pits can easily be dealt with if you have fliers and become a non problem. If you have fliers wait on suspicous places, your footies can move through normally.

That only helps if you already know where they are...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Re: Valuable items thing: Are you sure that's the case? And even then, one or two uses ain't gonna make a difference.

Siege tomes only have 5 uses (and I have had NPC/Enemy playable units break them, and wanted them latter into the game...), Effective weapons are useful, and I would regret losing uses of them, let alone them burning through expensive forges, or using elixir uses...

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also Dawn brigade has Jill, Nolan and Miccy (among others) are perfectly good units. I didn't have much trouble with them like many people tend to have. Then again i don't just call Miccy bad and never use her, like many tend to.

The issue isn't with bad/good units, its with the limited experience available in Part 1. If you don't play Part 1 with low-man strategies, to concentrate your xp into a few units (or god forbid didn't accurately predict which units would be available in Part 3 and waste XP on units that wont be there...), you can easily reach Part 3 with all tier 1 units (barring those that are prepromoted or story-promote), which makes things very difficult in Part 3 as its really is expecting you to be Tier 2 by then...

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Then again, i am one of those weird people who consider FE5 easy and 3H hard XD

Well, FE5 isn't hard aside from the bullshit moments. Enemies are weak and your units can get really powerful.

Actually, you know what? Same applies to Three Houses. Stuff like the gronder field hill exploding without warning, the aggro situation in the Gautier chapter, Rodrigue committing suicide if you're not fast enough, this nonsense... Sheesh, at times the game was really transparent about its efforts to make you waste divine pulse charges.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

HN9InEF.png

picture from my playthrough a few years back

All those circled blue are reinforcements

From my own run

4V8sAFot_o.png

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Olivier's map is the one where the reinforcement didn't stop coming like 20 turns in and they kept spawning like 12 every 2 turns.

Part 4 made almost drop RD and the only reason i didn't is because Part 1-3 were like the perfect FE experience for me at that time

Okay, look. Oliver's map is actually the greatest map in FE history, because it has Oliver in it.

Seriously though, that maps was ass. The only redeeming thing about it was that, when I checked its bad wiki article, I found this gem.

...Well, I've been looking for the past like 20 minutes and I cannot find the screenshot of it I had, so... Basically, the wiki just straight up said "be careful with the fucking asshole meteor reinforcements, they're there to ruin your day." Or something like that. Really wish I could find the screenshot, but I've no idea when I posted it. Lost somewhere in the Berwick LP, it is. Oh, well.

In any case, it was hilarious. It was soon edited out, however. What a shame.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ike's maps might have been less obnoxious if his entire team didn't have a permanent 15% boost to hit and avoid at all times.

Wait, they did!? Goodness, no wonder they were so absurdly powerful... Why was that even a thing?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Imagine even somebody who takes like 40 turns every map when playing normally finds RD to be extremely tedious

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That sounds like it would be quite helpful.

Not having the 15% boost? Probably helpful in not making it too easy...

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That only helps if you already know where they are..

i didn't know and just went with suspicous places

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and I have had NPC/Enemy playable units break them, and wanted them latter into the game.

OOF

that never happened with me (mainly because i tried to take em out asap), but if that's the case big oof yeah

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

you don't play Part 1 with low-man strategies, to concentrate your xp into a few units (or god forbid didn't accurately predict which units would be available in Part 3 and waste XP on units that wont be there...)

while i agree with you, my FE experience already led me to dropping many DB units early on and to get exp on more useful units, so...

I didn't lowman, but i am also one who pretty easily drops units if they aren't up to par

And RD shouldn't be anyone's first FE, as it is a sequel.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, they did!? Goodness, no wonder they were so absurdly powerful... Why was that even a thing?

Leadership stars

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! That's exactly what you said when I posted that image in my Berwick LP!

I doubt it was the exact same, but yeah, pretty sure that makes sense. Because she proved it.

Made it over 200 kills across both games (nobody else did), she earned her keep.

Leadership Stars were so lopsided in RD...

*Looks at Saias' 10 stars*

Maybe, but the whole "Ike has 3, and Micaiah 0" really adds to the favoritism the GM's have over the DB... or even the CK...