Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alright, it’s chapter 13 time. How will it go? Will I win the day and carry on the run? Will I have to go back to the previous chapter and rearrange some things to win? Will I be completely soft locked and have to play Crimson Flower instead? Will it be so bad that it ruins the game forever and I turn to KagaSaga? Will I have to sacrifice someone for the greater good? Place your bets below!

If you’re right, you get, uh... a complimentary teehee!

Timestamp

You can turn to SRW too. That's always an option.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2857.png?width=769&height=432

It says that yet everyone is allowed to use it as shown there.

When in reality, only Savyna and Gibari should be allowed to use it.

*Looks at the backdrop*

The Nihal Desert?

If so, you might like the new finisher Savyna got.:

giphy.gif

Looking at the video again... huh, I just got the sorta foreshadowing against Wizard Squadron. Wizard's gimmick is that after you shoot down the four planes, or during the fight I forgot which, four more planes spawn. The surprise is kinda spoiled if you pay attention there's a Wizard 5 in the intro cutscene but... THERE ARE FOUR LI... I mean, planes, at the beginning.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Did the reference literally flew over your head?

No, I made a meme about it earlier! This chapter is just certainly something alright.

Edit @Benice it was not a crit, it was the 50 guys everywhere.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

it was the 50 guys everywhere.

It's not too bad once you figure out the AI; this chapter was actually probably one of the two I liked in Maddening. Gronder was alright as well.

Typical that I defend one of the worst maps in the franchise.

I still think that it's a horrid map due to the softlock capabilities to a blind, unlucky or inefficient player, but I dunno, I found it fun to have to skulk around. Plus, if I have to search up class abilities and stuff for TH, I may as well just look up the ambushes so that they're not so bad. ...Hence why I complained bitterly about the Ingrid paralogue. And also the Marianne one. ...And also the [every single paralogue because they didn't do so good in maddening].

Edited by Benice

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean I was just trying to survive those turns and I somehow ended up aggroing the entire map.

It do be like dat.

I think if you go to the left and stay there, you can fairly easily sneak over to the boss and nuke him. Then again, I had Thunderbrand Byleth on my side, as well as warp, sooo...

Well, i'm nearly finished with Baten Kaitos. I'm in the final dungeon, need to knock out the last mid-boss before i can access the final boss. I will do that tomorrow (by which i mean later today because it's past midnight).

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Alright, it’s chapter 13 time.

Hoo, boy...  It's the time of truth. With all your wyverns and your stats you should have a good chance, but...

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

.......................what.

Oh look, it's my initial reaction to chapter 13. Word by word. I know, it's only one word.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I SURVIVED A TURN YAY

...how do I survive the next one....

Hahahahahahahahahah.

This is chapter 13, Sooks. The question is not "how do I...?", it's "can I...?"

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

This chapter is just certainly something alright.

I tried to warn you. I really did. Several times, at that.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

yYOPtOp.jpg
This is physical pain.

Man, that's more archers than I remembered. Wyvern is still the best class because you can just dismount with no penalties or maneuver around them thanks to flight, but... Yeah, either way, this is gonna be rough.

All I can say at this point is, try to get past this chapter no matter the cost, then you can at least say you didn't waste the last 30 hours of your life, as I did. I'm fairly certain the game's difficulty sinks like a rock underwater after this. Of course, I don't know first-hand, that's just what I've heard, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Also, I can't help but notice that at least one of the units from the initial batch of allied reinforcements is not on a wyvern. I fear you may have to sacrifice Petra to continue. I can see no way to get her out of that, aside from spending the next hours/days/weeks of your life resetting over and over to get lucky. In your case it's only one person, though. Affordable losses, if you ask me.

...I really hope you kept a save before the choice to accompany Edelgard to the Imperial capital.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

completed chapter 12. Best chapter so far. ❤️

It’s semi late so I don’t know if I’ll do 13 tonight, but no monastery segment is making me think I will if I have the time. Chapter 12 did spike the difficulty up a tad, which is concerning. I really hope I won’t have to redo it, because while I did love it took forever. Also I found this amusing. 

I dampened my experience by trying to train a bunch of units in masteries (I think I had 4 units in Brigand), but once I sorted out the northern part of the map it was fine.

I think Lysithea 1-shot DK in fairness, the only time.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Alright, it’s chapter 13 time. How will it go? Will I win the day and carry on the run? Will I have to go back to the previous chapter and rearrange some things to win? Will I be completely soft locked and have to play Crimson Flower instead? Will it be so bad that it ruins the game forever and I turn to KagaSaga? Will I have to sacrifice someone for the greater good? Place your bets below!

If you’re right, you get, uh... a complimentary teehee!

I am going this before looking on the next page, so let's go:

My guess is.....

Bad joking aside, what's it looking like? Any groups being particularly troublesome? How viable do yo think it could be to focus on one of the larger groups rather than potentially getting both?

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Bad joking aside, what's it looking like? Any groups being particularly troublesome? How viable do yo think it could be to focus on one of the larger groups rather than potentially getting both?

From his comments, I think it's going only slightly better than it did for me back in the day. I don't think he managed to finish it, as I'd expect he'd have posted about it if he did.

Also, looking at the screenshots, Petra and Dorothea are both screwed.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From his comments, I think it's going only slightly better than it did for me back in the day. I don't think he managed to finish it, as I'd expect he'd have posted about it if he did.

Also, looking at the screenshots, Petra and Dorothea are both screwed.

Again, you're talking about this with the guy who knuckled under with this map. A dozen resets, constant movement of the units, that idiot?

What gambits did he have? I'm wondering because I know that is something going against SS.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Again, you're talking about this with the guy who knuckled under with this map. A dozen resets, constant movement of the units, that idiot?

Hey, don't talk like that about yourself! I'm the one who just quit, after all.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What gambits did he have? I'm wondering because I know that is something going against SS.

That, I don't know. Considering he had two footies in the first batch of allies, I don't think he prepared for chapter 13 as much as he should've. Which is to say, all the preparation. All of it.