Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That, I don't know. Considering he had two footies in the first batch of allies, I don't think he prepared for chapter 13 as much as he should've. Which is to say, all the preparation. All of it.

I had two infantry units (Warrior and Sniper) and two paladins (Lorenz (weak) and Leonie) out of the first reinforcements, so it's not like Infantry are unusable (though a dancer there would also be nice, mine was Marianne). In terms of gambits, not getting Dimitri or Claude's is also a real bummer for him.

Unfortunately Sooks will also have 1 less units. Letting Flayn show up there was a solution which would have made more sense I just realised.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I had two infantry units (Warrior and Sniper) and two paladins (Lorenz (weak) and Leonie) out of the first reinforcements, so it's not like Infantry are unusable (though a dancer there would also be nice, mine was Marianne). In terms of gambits, not getting Dimitri or Claude's is also a real bummer for him.

He does have Dorothea as a dancer, but I think Petra is an assassin? That's... really not good, she's going to get eaten alive, all alone down there.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Unfortunately Sooks will also have 1 less units. Letting Flayn show up there was a solution which would have made more sense I just realised.

That would require that they thought things through when making chapter 13. Which they very clearly did not.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He does have Dorothea as a dancer, but I think Petra is an assassin? That's... really not good, she's going to get eaten alive, all alone down there.

If he avoids aggoring the south group until he's ready to rescue her she could hide out of range.

I was hoping fe3h.com had updated to include the aggro groups, but no they hadn't. There is a unit list which describes movement on the NIWA wiki, but it's not well handled and I assume it expects you have the minimap to look at for it (there is one on the page in fairness)

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I can't help but notice that at least one of the units from the initial batch of allied reinforcements is not on a wyvern. I fear you may have to sacrifice Petra to continue.

She‘s just dismounted. Highlight the snipers everywhere. Plus she’s on a first which means forest avoid + alert stance + training sword+ = a bazillion avoid. I mean it doesn’t matter because the assassin doubles and has 40 hit, but still.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I really hope you kept a save before the choice to accompany Edelgard to the Imperial capital.

I kept a save right before the route split! But I’m not ready to give up, I have a plan.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, looking at the screenshots, Petra and Dorothea are both screwed.

But having a dancer is important! Besides, Dorothea will hopefully be my secret weapon.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

She‘s just dismounted. Highlight the snipers everywhere.

Ah, so she's a wyvern too. Good, good. That's a pretty good set-up.

I kept a save right before the route split! But I’m not ready to give up, I have a plan.

I truly hope you succeed.

But having a dancer is important! Besides, Dorothea will hopefully be my secret weapon.

Dancer could be the key to getting out of there... Or she could die a horrible death because she's hopelessly cornered.

Worst case scenario, both statements are true.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dancer could be the key to getting out of there... Or she could die a horrible death because she's hopelessly cornered.

Worst case scenario, both statements are true.

Oh I reset that attempt. But I’m going to try and get it how it was there, because I think I can manage that (but I just have to pray the rng gods spare Petra or fly her out of danger if possible).

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

What gambits did he have? I'm wondering because I know that is something going against SS.

Yeah... I don’t really have any good flying battalions.... Petra has the Empire Wyvern core, Seteth and Byleth have, I think, a Seiros Pegasus Core, and Caspar has an empire Pegasus core. But I’d need to double check. Dorothea has empire magic users though, which is insanely good and my secret weapon.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah... I don’t really have any good flying battalions.... Petra has the Empire Wyvern core, Seteth and Byleth have, I think, a Seiros Pegasus Core, and Caspar has an empire Pegasus core. But I’d need to double check. Dorothea has empire magic users though, which is insanely good and my secret weapon.

This is a reason I'd be a bit less enthusiastic for all fliers (Aside from the number of snipers), much as that wasn't a factor in my decision for what my units built into. If any had A authority I'd scream CHIHOL WYVERNS for sure, but I don't know how high the authority ranks are on the units you're using because there's one or two other high ranking ones, most of which are buyable and I've checked, they all have offensive gambits (Though Impregnable Wall would be very nice).

Like I said, there are groups that will go together and if you can manage to split them off you'll have a more manageable attempt. I'd recommend using that to keep Petra safe and avoid her entering combat initially, see if you can't get her out of there without facing enemies (which is easier when she can fly along the buildings). I linked to the NIWA wiki above and it does have aggro patterns, it's not clear as I'd like it, but I think it's in order from left to right (whether it's up or down is up in the air).

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Dorothea has empire magic users though, which is insanely good and my secret weapon.

I think I get it. Your plan is to get the enemies to group up, weaken them with the super magic nuke, then finish them with the wyvern squad.

It... might work, but I'd keep the CF save handy.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

This is a reason I'd be a bit less enthusiastic for all fliers (Aside from the number of snipers), much as that wasn't a factor in my decision for what my units built into. 

What classes were you working with?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I get it. Your plan is to get the enemies to group up, weaken them with the super magic nuke, then finish them with the wyvern squad.

It... might work, but I'd keep the CF save handy.

I actually can’t because there are too many enemies.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What classes were you working with?

For that map Claude and Byleth both flew, but Lorenz and Leonie were Paladins, Ignatz was a Sniper, Hilda was a Warrior, Raphael was a Grappler (Or a Warrior, but I think I had more move), Marianne was a Dancer and Lysithea was a Warlock.

Pretty much no masteries, so no Hunter's Volley for me.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210324_101930.jpg

Pyrahna Plant

> Don't forget me X discordant piano playing Mario 64 music intensifies.

...Why was chapter 13 of maddening one of the two chapters I liked? I found it to be pretty easy since I knew it was coming...

btw @Sooks, I think that you can keep all of your units out of enemy range in turn one if you go directly to the left; when I did that, none of the enemies aggro'd; if you have anyone who shows up later who has something useful for taking out the boss, (someone with warp or bolting, perhaps) maybe just wait until they show up and try to stay out of enemy ranges until you get close to the boss with a few fliers?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

...Why was chapter 13 of maddening one of the two chapters I liked? I found it to be pretty easy since I knew it was coming...

Yeah, chapter 13 is a blind player middle finger that would make even Thracia-era Kaga blush. Unless you know exactly what it is and how to break it, your run ends there, no questions asked. I imagine if you do know, it can be... bearable, but personally, I find it to be too insulting to the series to even bother.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, chapter 13 is a blind player middle finger that would make even Thracia-era Kaga blush. Unless you know exactly what it is and how to break it, your run ends there, no questions asked. I imagine if you do know, it can be... bearable, but personally, I find it to be too insulting to the series to even bother.

Pretty much. It feels like a total slap in the face to unit choice and options in a game that really seems to stress those the rest of the time. Just, why???

Also, I've gotten to the point in HSoS where I've passed Zephgarus's translations, so I have to use machine translations via Textractor. It's... quite funny, and holy hell the maps are getting funky. The last map was like an even fucking bigger version of Ch11 of VS1. 

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

But every enemy will reasonably one round everyone you have and there’s like 500 of those.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... What next, then?

I don’t know.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Pretty much. It feels like a total slap in the face to unit choice and options in a game that really seems to stress those the rest of the time.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Just, why???

Story-gameplay integration, except they forgot the gameplay part, and the story part has no impact because, for as much as the game likes to tell you over and over that it's been oh-so-long since Byleth and the students were last together, the truth is that for the player it's been 15 minutes at most since the end of chapter 12.

But every enemy will reasonably one round everyone you have and there’s like 500 of those.

I honestly thought "make everyone wyverns" would work. The pros all say that, and Mekkkah solo'd the map with wyvern Byleth, so... I don't know. I'm sorry and I did warn you, is all I can think to say now.

I don’t know.

If you want my advice, give up before you burn yourself out on the game. Go back and pick Crimson Flower so you don't have to play chapter 13.

Just now, Sooks said:

Actually, I just got a very helpful response on my thread. Claude, step aside, there’s a new master tactician in town.

Or that. Yeah, as I said, if you know how to break the map it can be bearable. Still a shitshow of horrible map design, still a strong contender for the worst map in the entire series and still unbeatable if you don't have a wyvern army, but hey. At least you didn't waste all that time getting there.

I honestly thought "make everyone wyverns" would work. The pros all say that, and Mekkkah solo'd the map with wyvern Byleth, so... I don't know. I'm sorry and I did warn you, is all I can think to say now.

He probably had like alert stance+ a good battalion and other new game+ goodies. All things I lack.

I should be able to turtle though. Maybe.

If you want my advice, give up before you burn yourself out on the game. Go back and pick Crimson Flower so you don't have to play chapter 13.

It’s too early to give up!

Or that. Yeah, as I said, if you know how to break the map it can be bearable. Still a shitshow of horrible map design, still a strong contender for the worst map in the entire series and still unbeatable if you don't have a wyvern army, but hey. At least you didn't waste all that time getting there.

My wyvern army barely doesn’t get one rounded...

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually, I just got a very helpful response on my thread. Claude, step aside, there’s a new master tactician in town.

I may have said move Petra north, but LoneRecon400 gave a good articulation of it that's for sure. Deal with the North indeed.

Besides, I thought Claude was never on that level in your mind anyway