• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, you need to complete the game several times to see the credits. But probably a lot more times to actually resolve the family feud. Since that one is tied to maxing out your bond with the Olympians.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I went downstairs for food, came back and my dog was wrapped up in the blanket.

I could not be more proud.

"My blanket"

The dog we have is a bit less of a blanket fan, as she won't do that herself.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m gonna try to get everyone to the northwest without aggroing many enemies and see how that goes.

Hey, it's more of an approach than my first dozen tries were.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

....why?

That is a little deceptive, as rouge-likes tend to set themselves up in runs where you either complete the game, or die in one sitting. Really its better to describe a run as more similar to something like a chapter in a Fire Emblem game....

BATEN KAITOS MAJOR SPOILERS

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Bro what the actual fuck? Why are you back?

This is just a worse version of Gort coming back. And at least Gort had an excuse.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

....why?

Because it's a roguelike.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

But probably a lot more times to actually resolve the family feud. Since that one is tied to maxing out your bond with the Olympians.

Which is dependent on RNG and completing the game on multiple higher difficulties.

My friend puts Hades in his top 10 and even he was like "nah i'm done" when it came to getting the epilogue.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Which is dependent on RNG and completing the game on multiple higher difficulties.

My friend puts Hades in his top 10 and even he was like "nah i'm done" when it came to getting the epilogue.

The higher difficulties have nothing to do with it.

Doing a Pact of Punishment on higher heat levels simply gives you the opportunity for more bounties. More Titan Blood, Diamonds, Ambrosia and all that good stuff.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

BATEN KAITOS MAJOR SPOILERS

I have

Spoiler

no ****ing idea. They never explained it.

And I had the exact same thought in mind when I was playing Torna. Except that is foreshadowed and has a story purpose, this is bat**** insanity.

You should get a Spirit Attack during this fight, it instantly kills him.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Doing a Pact of Punishment on higher heat levels simply gives you the opportunity for more bounties. More Titan Blood, Diamonds, Ambrosia and all that good stuff.

Don't you need Ambrosia to unlock each character's higher affinity?

Or is that only for the romanciable characters?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have

Reveal hidden contents

zero ****ing idea. They never explained it.

And I had the exact same thought in mind when I was playing Torna. Except that is foreshadowed and has a story purpose, this is bat****.

You should get a Spirit Attack during this fight, it instantly kills him.

Spoiler

I actually didn't get a Spirit Attack.

The fight was impossible to lose either way but c'mon.

Don't you need Ambrosia to unlock each character's higher affinity?

I do not know. You don't necessarily need to max them out and everyone has different requirements you need to meet. So I would imagine at least a few of them require Ambrosia. But you also get 6 bottles just from each of the 6 weapons on the standard difficulty. Plus, more from the Wretched Broker.
You also only need to meet the requirements for 6 of the 11 Olympians. So that whole process is just not very transparent.

I mean, you are never even told to do so by the story. You are just told that the Queen is working on a plan. You only know that requires the favor of the Olympians from the List of Minor Fates Prophecies.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hey, it's more of an approach than my first dozen tries were.

My last try was basically just me seeing what happened.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I do not know. You don't necessarily need to max them out and everyone has different requirements you need to meet. So I would imagine at least a few of them require Ambrosia. But you also get 6 bottles just from each of the 6 weapons on the standard difficulty. Plus, more from the Wretched Broker.
You also only need to meet the requirements for 6 of the 11 Olympians. So that whole process is just not very transparent.

I mean, you are never even told to do so by the story. You are just told that the Queen is working on a plan. You only know that requires the favor of the Olympians from the List of Minor Fates Prophecies.

I see.

Well i do know that my friend just felt it would be tedious to do so.

*looks at review*

Oh he was talking about 100% being tedious.

"The side quests are harmless additions in and of themselves, but trying to complete ones like "get all boons from a god once" or "get all hammer weapon upgrades for a weapon" made me wanna blow my brains out because it's random what god you'll even get and you only get two hammers per run and I SPENT ALL NIGHT TRYING TO FIND THE DUMBASS FLURRY SLASH IT TOOK LIKE FIVE HOURS FUCK YOU POSEIDON GIVE ME YOUR AIDS. Any ideas of 100%-ing this game should be thrown right into the garbage. I'd sooner recommend alphabetizing the contents of a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese because at least then the box won't randomly NOT give you the noodles."

But i know he didn't get the epilogue in the end so i guess he just gave up.

Screenshot_2863.png

Yep, this one's going in the reactions folder.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Wanna know a turn-based RPG that won't make you cheat just to beat it?

Xenosaga Episode III.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep, this one's going in the reactions folder.

Meanwhile, the "Kalas sad" portrait is tormenting me with its abomination-level dental work.

And you can clearly see that...

Spoiler

XC2 main-game ending also ripped off EWatLO with the whole "main girl who dies, but you know it can't really be permanent" schtick. In Xelha's case, is it just me, or does the whole "I found an object on the beach and out pops a girl" have a kind of unintended absurdity to it? Then again, thats a Blade Core for you.

200.gif

And, an end to living above a sea of clouds b/c power runs out in the landmasses, thats the other thing mimicked.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

This is one of those ending screens where the only way to exit it is to turn off the game.

Well congrats that it's done at last! Be it through things enjoyable and rough patches alike!😃

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, did Sooks beat chapter 13? Yay!

I don't think it's happened yet.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't think I expected the music to sound so similar to the original to be honest.

I can understand going for that approach, but I don't think it works out here. I wouldn't say PMD was a game that clicked for me to begin with so that doesn't help my opinion.

As if to call me out some of the tracks don't quite do that either.

Imagine if this played when you got caught stealing in Skyrim.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is one of those ending screens where the only way to exit it is to turn off the game.

Hey, at least you finished it!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I don't think I expected the music to sound so similar to the original to be honest.

I can understand going for that approach, but I don't think it works out here. I wouldn't say PMD was a game that clicked for me to begin with so that doesn't help my opinion.

As if to call me out some of the tracks don't quite do that either.

Imagine if this played when you got caught stealing in Skyrim.

They certainly prioritized the triangle there, haha.

I like both renditions, personally.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"The side quests are harmless additions in and of themselves, but trying to complete ones like "get all boons from a god once" or "get all hammer weapon upgrades for a weapon" made me wanna blow my brains out because it's random what god you'll even get and you only get two hammers per run and I SPENT ALL NIGHT TRYING TO FIND THE DUMBASS FLURRY SLASH IT TOOK LIKE FIVE HOURS FUCK YOU POSEIDON GIVE ME YOUR AIDS. Any ideas of 100%-ing this game should be thrown right into the garbage. I'd sooner recommend alphabetizing the contents of a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese because at least then the box won't randomly NOT give you the noodles."

I actually got those ones pretty smoothly. You can unlock the ability to reroll the abilities offered at the Mirror of Darkness. And of course with their Keepsake, you can force specific gods to appear during the run. Hammer "boons" cannot be rerolled, though.

Something to keep in mind is that some boons have others as a requirement. So once the Boon list is unlocked, it's important to check that one out to see what those requirements are. Especially for the Legendary boons.

Edited by BrightBow

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wanna know a turn-based RPG that won't make you cheat just to beat it?

Wait, Yakuza no turn based rpg?

G3llHcC.jpg

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, did Sooks beat chapter 13? Yay!

Unfortunately I have not.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you can clearly see that...

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Yep, I was thinking exactly that. Of course, there are some differences. Here, we get a little bit of life after the rebirth of the world, the "girl dies but not really" happens after, there's a pointless boss fight.

Still tho, it was a nice ending overall.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well congrats that it's done at last! Be it through things enjoyable and rough patches alike!😃

Yep.

I will say tho, I think the game becomes 10000x more enjoyable if you get the undub patch. Because looking back, I can see the exact reason why I decided to put the game off for like two years: the English voice acting.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, Yakuza no turn based rpg?

Well, one of them is! Yakuza: Like a dragon is a turn-based RPG. The in-universe reason for it being a JRPG rather than a beat 'em up is the main character, Ichiban, being obsessed with Dragon Quest. (Although I think the gameplay is still different from a typical JRPG; it's got stuff like a perfect guard system.)

It looks SUPER fun, actually; I really wanna try it. And the story is great; I rank Like a dragon as my no. 2. Because of the expanded amount of playable characters and interactions, it has a very well fleshed-out cast.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unfortunately I have not.

F

Edited by Benice