Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I finished the first half of world 🏰. That’s a good time to take a break, I think. Finishing every level with every character is slowly chipping away at my sanity.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait what? Macedon was red in the last game but here it’s... gray? Total downgrade.

Each civ has four sets of "jersey colors". In a single-player game, the player always gets the first set, while the AIs are assigned color schemes that aren't too similar to each other, using the secondary jerseys or other color combos. Macedon four jerseys are: yellow-on-grey, yellow-on-dark blue, yellow-on-red, and lastly dark blue-on-yellow. The player can pick their civ's jersey colors in the advanced settings before starting a game.

The default jersey colors often try to align with the country/people in question- America is blue and white, two of its patriotic colors. Although they don't always have a symbolic alignment. Nor do the colors align properly, Phoenicia has purple in its jersey, but it's not all the "Tyrian purple" the Phoenicians were famed for, Khmer has the closest shade.

Also, someone posted this screenshot:

2ypFNMp.jpg

Free second Settler on turn 1.🤩

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The player can pick their civ's jersey colors in the advanced settings before starting a game.

The best reason to reset.

The default jersey colors often try to align with the country/people in question- America is blue and white, two of its patriotic colors. Although they don't always have a symbolic alignment. Nor do the colors align properly, Phoenicia has purple in its jersey, but it's not all the "Tyrian purple" the Phoenicians were famed for, Khmer has the closest shade.

Do the default colors of Macedon align with the country/people?

Also, someone posted this screenshot:

2ypFNMp.jpg

Free second Settler on turn 1.🤩

Looks like someone picked a European civ on true start Earth map.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Now i have to figure out how to deal with a fuck up xD

Oof. What was the fuck-up?

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hope you've been enjoying it, and that you'll enjoy the final few stages! The boiler room's the second basement, right? I do believe you've a handful of floors left to go.

I have for the most part. The controls can feel a bit wonky at times (aiming in particular), but I like it quite a bit.

Yeah, the second basement.

And thanks.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you accidently you replace your chapter save with a mid chapter save

It's sacrifice time. I know that's what I did when I fucked up when saving in Radiant Dawn. Mist became one with the mist that night...

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I have for the most part. The controls can feel a bit wonky at times (aiming in particular), but I like it quite a bit.

I quite enjoyed the game myself, so I'm glad!

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oof. What was the fuck-up?

My Vantage-WTA-flier that i was using to protect a choke point ran out of durabilty.

Which means no more WTA

Which means full force damage xD

After a couple times resetting same turn i was able to figure something out haha

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Mist became one with the mist that night...

oof

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeesh.

Could be worse, though. In my Normal Mode ironman, she was the first casualty, because I threw her (who had never gotten a point of speed) into that first pack of swordmasters in the bridge map. F.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My Vantage-WTA-flier that i was using to protect a choke point ran out of durabilty.

What game are you playing?

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you accidently you replace your chapter save with a mid chapter save

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fs all around here.

bBSiZL7.png

To prevent ''enemy phasing'' too much, the game uses an EP system, where every combat costs you 20 EP, and the lower your current EP, the lower you EP regen as well (which is currently at 15 EP/Turn. At high EP you could have ~50 EP regen/Turn). 

I was using her to protect a choke point, and then bam she ran out of EP and all units near her were squishes that if i were to sent forward, they would be directly killed by enemies haha

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Spara said:

Yeesh.

Could be worse, though. In my Normal Mode ironman, she was the first casualty, because I threw her (who had never gotten a point of speed) into that first pack of swordmasters in the bridge map. F.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Fs all around here.

It's all right. Ike's team was so broken that I cannot say I ever felt at a disadvantage because of her loss.

...Losing Jill in the first part 3 Dawn Brigade map stung a bit more. Or it would've, if I had been using her. Hah!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

bBSiZL7.png

To prevent enemy phasing too much, the game using an EP system, where every combat costs you 20 EP, and the lower your current EP, the lower you EP regen as well (which is currently at 15 EP/Turn. At full EP you could have ~50 EP regen/Turn). 

I was using her to protect a choke point, and then bam she ran out of EP and all units near her were squishes that if i were to sent forward, they would be directly killed by enemies haha

Oh wow, this game sounds rather complex!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wow, this game sounds rather complex!

The language Barrier doesn't help either xd.

And well, maps are starting to become harder and enemies stronger, couple that with Berwick's Turn system and i am slowly noticing i need to carefully think about my every move. Since like Berwick, you always have first move in a turn, but if enemies outnumber you too much you will see 4 enemy units act first before your second unit haha

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Guess I'll go ahead and finish the boiler room in Luigi's Mansion 3. Shouldn't be too much longer till the end, I'd venture to say.

*War flashbacks*

Unless this is the part where you're going there a second time.

28 minutes ago, Spara said:

Not sure what the gameplan was there.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*War flashbacks*

Unless this is the part where you're going there a second time.

No, first time.

I, uh, was raging quite a bit trying to fight the boss last night, haha.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not sure what the gameplan was there.

I had forgotten she had never gotten a point of speed or defense or HP, since those Swordmasters actually aren't that strong.