Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is, although I don't think the Raimi trilogy is like, that good. As in, they are good movies but I don't put them on the pedestal everyone else seems to put them on.

Fun fact, as a kid, I was 100% convinced that the superhero's love interest being a damsel in distress was a key aspect of superhero stories because that what the Raimi trilogy showed me every time. I also watched the first 70s Super-Man movie at around the same time and that too had a damsel in distress plot towards the end.

Well, Spider Man 3 actually wasnt great... at all.

Also consider it has Jameson, who was so perfectly cast and did a perfect job at his role.

36 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Are you talking about the character or the movie? While I do think that Raimi's trilogy is superior, Garfield interpreted the character "Spider-Man" better. Which is probably the best thing about his 2 movies.

In a way, both. Garfield didn't feel like Spidey to me. 

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Berwick:

Reveal hidden contents

bws-1618708222.jpeg.86797f9f9893b4b07c37d7968dd7e7fc.jpegbws-1618708164.jpeg.de0253a258731fff979f4452fb61c89e.jpeg

Who would have thought that the guy who gave us a net to capture a woman with wasn't on the up and up?

Ah, my favorite moment in the whole game.

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

You're looking too hard at the skateboard. TASM Peter is still a loser. Nobody respects him, he can barely talk to a girl and still gets his ass kicked.

Ehh idk, it still feels like he has more confidence than most incarnations of the character.

Like yeah sure, Flash beats him up here but Peter's not even the one being bullied in the first place. Granted, Holland's Peter Parker isn't really bullied either but MCU Spider-Man has tried to avoid things we've already seen before. 

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, Spider Man 3 actually wasnt great... at all.

Imma be honest, i don't think Spider-Man 3 is that bad actually. Everyone likes to dunk on it and i'll dunk on it but it's not like, an awful movie by any means. It's just weak. But funny.

We rewatched Endgame because watching Infinity War but not Endgame is punishable by death. Well, I rewatched it, my stepmom and stepsister watched it for the first time. My stepmom has had it on her Amazon account for 2 years but she never watched it because she doesn’t like it she things end so she usually just skips the final installment. And she was spoiled that one of her favorite characters is uh... one of the ones who isn’t coming back for phase 4, but she likes the other two as well. She loved the movie though.

And I still do, I think it does a great job as the one they all built up to.

In other news, I learned that we have the Amazing Spider-Man duology on Apple TV. I’ve heard they’re bad but... should I? Is there any merit in watching them?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also consider it has Jameson, who was so perfectly cast and did a perfect job at his role.

Yup, absolutely this!!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

tP76DdP.png

That phrasing...

I uh, don’t think there’s more than one interpretation for this... what?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I uh, don’t think there’s more than one interpretation for this... what?

I dunno, it just sounds like he gave his kid cancer for his birthday.

Just now, Benice said:

I dunno, it just sounds like he gave his kid cancer for his birthday.

Or that John Cena got cancer.

...is that what happened?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Or that John Cena got cancer.

...is that what happened?

I don't know, actually.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yay! Congrats! 🥳

Thanks. Though being the only written entry before the deadline is... well, if it gets me to choose the next prompt, then...

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

well, if it gets me to choose the next prompt, then...

Then choose something you want to write for and participate again. If you want to.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

True. Fates' capturing is the best method.

Uh... Look, I know you despise Kaga and everything he stands for, but Fates's capturing system is a half-assed "recruit enemy generics" system that, while cute and fun, does not compare to a fully-fledged mechanic that fundamentally impacts the core aspects of the gameplay - and even the story! - such as Thracia capture. It just doesn't.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I enjoyed a second Kaga game so now the universe has to balance itself so Ruben has to enjoy a second modern FE game.

Well, I mean... I wish, but I don't think I've ever gone into any FE with expectations as low as the ones I have for Awakening. I have little hope that I'll finish it. But, hey, perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. Who knows. Stranger things have happened.

9 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Great! Now acquire Awakening's DLCs through illegitimate means.

What are you talking about? I obtained Awakening's DLC through entirely legitimate means as well. It's all sitting in my Nintendo PC, ready to go for when Reese becomes the Hero of the Sagas for the fifth time.

...Not that I think I'll play it. I didn't even touch the Conquest DLC. The only FE whose extra chapters I ever played was New Mystery, and that's because I love New Mystery.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Mystery of the Emblem and TearRing Saga are the only good Kaga games.

Just because you don't like Berwick Saga does not make Berwick Saga not amazing.

I will say it a million times if I have to. It's the easiest bait in the world, because even though I know it is bait, I cannot resist it.

6 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Berwick:

Reveal hidden contents

bws-1618708222.jpeg.86797f9f9893b4b07c37d7968dd7e7fc.jpegbws-1618708164.jpeg.de0253a258731fff979f4452fb61c89e.jpeg

Who would have thought that the guy who gave us a net to capture a woman with wasn't on the up and up?

Ahahahah... Ah, yes. Reese Gets Bamboozled - Part 1 of many.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still waiting for Spider Man: Home Alone.

Obvious pandemic short.

Spoiler

That makes no sense because chances are Covid didn't spread as a result of the Snap leaving less people to spread to.

8 hours ago, Maof06 said:

I wasn't saying that phase one had the best movies, just that they have a "magic", no doubt thanks to time they were made. Like I said, we were watching a shared universe for the first time. Even though the movies had its faults, everything was going to culminate in a single big event (Avengers), so I could let it slip. Basically, timing was the key. The moment Marvel started releasing 2/3 movies every year was when the genre became saturated.

I can get the argument that the films were able to feels more distinct, I wouldn't really disagree.

(Yeah, Disney slowing the bleep down would be appreciated, not that I was too bothered by it before. This may be a bad choice I was making)

When it comes to the later phases, 2 had 2 per year, then 3 went to 3 per year in it's second (two of those being the years with IW and Endgame), but it looks utterly insane with the upcoming list.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gonna assume you haven't seen the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

I don't blame you, I don't wanna watch them either.

WELL

As the guy who's seen them and not the Raimi flicks, let me just say the first one's mediocre but Parker and Gwen are actually alright and the second is a total mess that stretches itself in knots with three villains and an attempt at an expanded universe that ruins itself and the result breaks what was good in it before.

Course everything else < Into the Spiderverse.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And no mass shootings either. Capitalism unbound and gun rights run amok, two of America's biggest problems, alike shackled solely by the Black Death 3.0.

There were still more than a few mass shootings, but nothing on the scale of weekly "~10 dead" coming out, not to mention that the media was so focused on other to (pics at the time I could see less of them spreading in news cycles internationally. (Keeping in mind the stats here are very much broad, which they state in methodology)

(And it's definitely not like Capitalism was particularly chained back in the pandemic, but I will end up going too political for Teehee if I argue that point)

This was just in my recommended. Goddamnit, about time something good came out of Heroes... I think this is my new favorite version of this song.

...You know, aside from the version that plays in the final map of a certain hack that does, just about everything better than Three Houses.

EDIT: The pinned comment in the video has a full version made after Wrys's victory. Life is good sometimes.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Imma be honest, i don't think Spider-Man 3 is that bad actually. Everyone likes to dunk on it and i'll dunk on it but it's not like, an awful movie by any means. It's just weak. But funny.

The interactions from the actors didn't feel natural to me, for the most part. The storyline was hardly there, and when it was, it was mostly humor. The inclusion of Venom wasn't well handled. 

I dunno, it felt like a mess, haha.