Alot of official translations are like that, though. Xd

No, there's a clear difference.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Well Ken i appreciate the honesty but

tumblr_nic1mrztDv1tljkc0o3_250sq.jpg

Gotta bring out the horny bat.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What's that?

Official translations usually don't have grammatical errors. The good ones anyway.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Have you been keeping up with my Berwick Saga LP?

I have! Didn't have much to add, but I approve of using the best FE character, Esteban! He's considered bad, but... I dunno, he's high-tier to me.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do think you'd like it (unless you really really don't like puzzles) but obviously you'll be the judge of your own opinion.

I enjoy Zelda including Oracle of Ages, I cleared every puzzle in Pokemon Picross, as well as most of both Picross 3D games (though I never finished either). I had some fun with Pushmo, Crashmo, and Stretchmo on the 3DS, I played the entirety of the first BoxBoy game, and most of BoxBoxBoy. And I got through Tales of Symphonia as a child with the Brady Games guide, which I believe is the most puzzle-heavy Tales game (arguably too much, Ymir Forest is a little infamous) of all. Can't say I'm a master of puzzles, sudoku is not for me nor Rubik's cubes, and I never got into Professor Layton, but I might like puzzles slightly more than the average gamer.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Official translations usually don't have grammatical errors. The good ones anyway.

Although even the good ones have occasional errors, more than you might expect. Not sure what you think of Tales of Berseria's translation (I wouldn't know firsthand b/c haven't played), but I found this quite some time ago pointing out flaws in the postgame skit dialogue apparently.:

https://legendsoflocalization.com/this-be-bad-translation-08-tales-of-berseria/

Oh God, guiding the fruit at Ymir Forest. I remember that one. XD

Now I got reminded that Tales of Phantasia's one and only official localization had Ragnarok as Kangaroo. Like, I can't even...

THzUmSo.gif

And this is why we need another official localization with a polished script. I don't even know if the mobile port even did that much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now I got reminded that Tales of Phantasia's one and only official localization had Ragnarok as Kangaroo. Like, I can't even...

H-How? How does that happen?

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I enjoy Zelda including Oracle of Ages, I cleared every puzzle in Pokemon Picross, as well as most of both Picross 3D games (though I never finished either). I had some fun with Pushmo, Crashmo, and Stretchmo on the 3DS, I played the entirety of the first BoxBoy game, and most of BoxBoxBoy. And I got through Tales of Symphonia as a child with the Brady Games guide, which I believe is the most puzzle-heavy Tales game (arguably too much, Ymir Forest is a little infamous) of all. Can't say I'm a master of puzzles, sudoku is not for me nor Rubik's cubes, and I never got into Professor Layton, but I might like puzzles slightly more than the average gamer.

I see. Then yeah, you should be fine.

Although i should mention that CrossCode's puzzles will probably nuke your previous puzzle experience out of the water as they can get pretty complex with the mechanics. I mean, i haven't played everything you've listed but at least compared to Zelda, it's gonna be completely night and day. In fact, i'd probably describe CrossCode as the "Dark Souls of 2D Zelda", as overused as that meme is (and the combat is more akin to top-down Ys than Zelda).

But much like how you can adjust the difficulty of enemies, you can also adjust the difficulty of puzzles, specifically the speed of it. Most of CrossCode's puzzles have at least some degree of timing and if that ever feels too tight for your tastes, you can always set the timing to be slower and thus, easier to pull off.

I will admit, i have never done a full playthrough with the intended difficulty.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not sure what you think of Tales of Berseria's translation (I wouldn't know firsthand b/c haven't played), but I found this quite some time ago pointing out flaws in the postgame skit dialogue apparently.:

https://legendsoflocalization.com/this-be-bad-translation-08-tales-of-berseria/

Yeah, i noticed this when i played (although it's worth noting that at least some of the material there is from the character sidequests, not the postgame). It's super jarring too because the lines are voiced and they obviously say what was meant to be said so how these errors slipped past is completely baffling.

Edited by Armagon

Oh, I just got an extra $50... this is clearly a sign to play Trails because I was just semi worrying about my money and then a family member just happened to feel nice. Okay universe, have it your way. Trails it is.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, I just got an extra $50... this is clearly a sign to play Trails because I was just semi worrying about my money and then a family member just happened to feel nice. Okay universe, have it your way. Trails it is.

Even if your computer can't run it, I'd suggest picking up Yakuza 0 for if you ever do get a computer that can, since it's only 4.50 USD!

Edited by Benice

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh God, guiding the fruit at Ymir Forest. I remember that one. XD

I wouldn't say it's the mental work of the puzzle that is so tricky. It's having to move across the entire dungeon to solve it and the possibly of messing up and having to repeat several time-consuming steps that is the issue. Which basically boils down the problem to "tedium", which in a way makes it worse, because tedium is rarely justifiable.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can, have you been to Australia? You haven't? Neither have I. That country is more dangerous than the apocalypse itself. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

But much like how you can adjust the difficulty of enemies, you can also adjust the difficulty of puzzles, specifically the speed of it. Most of CrossCode's puzzles have at least some degree of timing and if that ever feels too tight for your tastes, you can always set the timing to be slower and thus, easier to pull off.

*Has flashbacks to Tri-Force Heroes in single player mode.*

That will be much appreciated. Cutting down the frustration there ought to free up brainpower for the puzzles themselves, not the process of putting the solution into practice.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Also, Yakuza 0 goes for about $20 on PS4 as well. I'd assume Sooks would buy it there, I think.

True, but...I dunno, I was going to wait 'till I could get it on a console that can run it well, but... 4.50 is too good of a deal to pass up. And it runs well enough for me!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Even if your computer can't run it, I'd suggest picking up Yakuza 0 for if you ever do get a computer that can, since it's only 4.50 USD!

On steam maybe, but why risk it when I have a ps4? I don’t mind paying more if it means being able to actually play the game. It doesn’t seem to be full price outside of the sale anyway.

I mean it’s not like I think it was actually divine providence, just remarking at the interesting turn of events.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I don’t mind paying more if it means being able to actually play the game.

Fair. It does make sense to get it on a place where you can play it.