• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

YES! FINALLY!

Oh my God I finally beat Percy's paralogue. Holy shit that must've taken me like 15 atempts. Final gold count was like, 13500, I believe, but honestly, more than the gold I was glad to have less enemies all over me.

Also, Elise and Silas are finally going to marry, so I can send them to the bench. At long last. I might use Silas's daughter, or I can deploy Peri just to spite him. I've not decided yet.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Namco x Capcom is a funny SRPG because item use and skills are a free action.

Imagine if this was in Fire Emblem. 

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I've seen how it'll end.

This might be a more hilarious strat than that was.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Makes you wonder why they thought a good idea to flip the names.

Internal naming I was told here on SF. The names you see for things in a game, are not necessarily the names used in the code. This is true throughout gaming, it's not unique to FE.

ALONDITE is the internal name for the silvery twin of Ragnell. So there it is, right in English.

While the Double Bow in PoR was called LONGLONGBOW, probably because it has the unusual 4 range in FE9, which means it shoots further than a Longbow. The Japanese name for the Double Bow is actually translated as "Valfleche", but it seems the translators didn't notice this or didn't know how to translate it, and instead turned "LONGLONG" into "Double". Translators I would imagine are better off ignoring internal names, since they aren't made to be seen like the normal names are.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Namco x Capcom is a funny SRPG because item use and skills are a free action.

Imagine if this was in Fire Emblem. 

Quick Salve is an Apothecary skill in Fates. Although who, unless you don't have 5 better skills available, equips that?

And I see that is something else Endless Frontier transferred from NxC. Spirits -"spells" with supportive effects- and consumable items are both usable endlessly without ending a character's turns. You can apply SP restorative items to make for one really long action. Although most items cost COM to use, which is limited per turn, though there are some COM restoratives. So the real limit boils down to the 15 copies per item maximum.

Whatever your opinions are of the combat of NxC end up being, they will most definitely (so I think judging from afar) provide a good impression of what you'd think of both the PXZs and EFs, albeit they should adjust and hopefully improve the formula (and remove the SRPG grid for the EFs).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Dynasty Warriors 8 comes with a manual. How nice. It's not particularly thick or content-packed, but it's nice regardless.

Makes me miss when thick manuals and other inserts were standard for every game.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah maybe next run i should do that paralogue

Just for the gold as late game in conquest i usually run into gold problems lmao

Basically what happens in that paralogue is, you have to use dragon veins to make mercenaries escape the map. They'll give you gold as they leave, too, 500 per guy.

Of course, since the paralogue is designed around this, there's a thousand enemies all over the place, so it's either make bank or die.

So yeah. Pretty good way to get some much appreciated gold in Conquest.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whatever your opinions are of the combat of NxC end up being, they will most definitely (so I think judging from afar) provide a good impression of what you'd think of both the PXZs and EFs, albeit they should adjust and hopefully improve the formula (and remove the SRPG grid for the EFs).

So far, the combat's been pretty mindless. Some characters just have one really good attack that i just end up spamming. Like, KOS-MOS' gattling gun is eight hits per use and in this game, you get some sort of bonus for every eight juggles. At 16 juggles, you get an extra attack, which means KOS-MOS really just gets this for free.

Other units, like King/Felicia (most units in this game are duos and not necessarily from the same origin) have an attack that isn't good for juggling but still do very good damage.

I'm curious to see how it's like later in the game+EF and PxZ.

I just realized Leo has no magicians to marry, so Forrest is going to turn out like shit.

...Hey, Leo, my pal! Would you mind too awfully to fuck your sister? It's either her or Peri at this point... Or, well, I guess Felicia, but Felicia arrives way too late.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Fun (?) Fact: Leo used to crush on Camilla

Hahahahahahah... Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

...Still think he's gonna fuck Peri, though. To be fair, the correct choice here would be to hand him over to Edgiest Ka so she can transfer her awesome mage growths to Forrest, but... Dang it, I want her to marry Shura. Then again, I want Forrest to turn out well too... Ahh, decisions, decisions...

20 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

XtYQ13D.gif

Hakunon was needed to complete the chaos xD

Yup! XD
On that note, I read in Archer's ending in Extra CCC, Hakuno actually ends up meeting the Extraverse Shirou. That would be neat to see, probably!

Moral of the Story: Don't become Harem protag scum or you'll be nuked xD

Words to live by, certainly, haha!

@DragonFlames

Yd9Wts2.png

found one of your old jokes xD

XD

Good old Next Form Uni!

---

Hello, everyone!
Today's storm killed off our electricity for a good while, that's why I'm only here now!

Man, what a hassle!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Today's storm killed off our electricity for a good while, that's why I'm only here now!

oh god...

But yeah this is the worst Spring weather i remember since 2011 or so 

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it that bothersome to wait for Felicia? You can just do that.

I mean, it's not that terrible. Before chapter 16 isn't bad, especially considering Leo only joins in 14 and he cannot be deployed in chapter 15 anyway, as it only has Edgiest Ka, Azura and Gunter. Odin is falling off fast, but I can still afford to keep him around for one more main map. I don't have to resort to my paralogues yet, I don't think. I can save all the paralogues for after Felicia joins, and then we can get started on the power-levelling with supports.

...Actually, you know what? Yeah, what the hell even was my point? I can wait for Felicia. That works fine.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone!

Man, what a hassle!

Oof! Yeah, that's not good... We had two routers blow up on us during storms. Damn nature! How dare it follow its course?!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh god...

But yeah this is the worst Spring weather i remember since 2011 or so 

Tell me about it!
Luckily, it was only part of a much larger storm that hit the North Sea area, but still.

Didn't expect to see thunder and lightning this early in the year!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof! Yeah, that's not good... We had two routers blow up on us during storms. Damn nature! How dare it follow its course?!

That is a big F right there.
We usually unplug anything vital when storms hit, but today, our whole area had a blackout.
Probably a very unlucky lightning strike.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone!

tenor.gif?itemid=17894676

That's an F-worthy moment there.

Everyone alright? Or was the weather not very damaging or anything like that?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=17894676

That's an F-worthy moment there.

Everyone alright? Or was the weather not very damaging or anything like that?

No, everything's fine! No worries! ^^
Just the tree outside my apartment decided to say hello by scraping its twigs against my window. XD

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahahah... Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

...Still think he's gonna fuck Peri, though. To be fair, the correct choice here would be to hand him over to Edgiest Ka so she can transfer her awesome mage growths to Forrest, but... Dang it, I want her to marry Shura. Then again, I want Forrest to turn out well too... Ahh, decisions, decisions...

Felicia is like Forrest’s best mom and there’s no reason to rush into a kid who will end up being barely usable anyway. Felicia all the way, that’s a waste of two parents. 

Also, Draggy was hit by a massive bout of nostalgia again:

I grew up with the German version of this song, but still. F***ing EPIC!

Digimon Survive can't come out soon enough. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Felicia is like Forrest’s best mom and there’s no reason to rush into a kid who will end up being barely usable anyway. Felicia all the way, that’s a waste of two parents. 

Yes, Acacia got me thinking about it a bit more and I realized there's like, zero reason not to do it with Felicia.

Plus, that way I get to give him both Gentilhomme and Demoiselle, which is... I don't know about you, but I find it to be absolutely perfect.

Digimon Nostalgia, eh. This is mine:

Our own take of Butter-Fly.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Digimon Survive can't come out soon enough. XD

You could say that again.

Edited by Acacia Sgt