Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Er, by the way, do you want me to tell you how to get the kind of secret/option fourth fighting style? Or fighting styles, I guess.

Hmmm... Is it too out of the way? I'd like to get to experiment with as many of 'em as possible.

Yeah. Especially when you finish a long portion of gameplay, followed by story...

Oh yeah, that was the worst. When the umbrella guy arrived I was mentally screaming LET ME SAVE GAME

You do get an ability that, if you guard, you spot-dodge and can attack whenever you want. You're basically invincible for about three seconds.

I noticed, but it seemed rather unreliable against Kuze. I do need to reconfigure the controls, the default bindings are... Subpar.

Can't believe you did my boy Nishiki like that.

Nishiki and half the population of... Of, uh...

Fuck me, I am horrible at remembering Japanese names. Of Yakuzalandia.

What do you think of the story so far, come to think of it?

Intriguing, to say the least. A bit overly pretentious at times, but it's got a nice little mystery going. I do wonder where it'll go from here. I wasn't expecting Kuze to be dispatched quite so quickly... Though I do suppose he's still alive. Could still be trouble going forward.

Also, Kiryu has never killed anyone. I could truly feel how he was holding back when he threw a man off a sixth floor window.

...then again, that ratfaced fuck was invincible lol, he probably survived the fall. Not so sure about the one grunt I threw off the railing, though...

Also, most important question: Which karaoke song did you choose?

The one I recognized.

I missed all the prompts when the meme part arrived lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...then again, that ratfaced fuck was invincible lol, he probably survived the fall.

Yeah, he does. And I'm not even joking.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... Is it too out of the way?

Sorta? There isn't any indication about why you get the fighting style at that point, but... Well, to be vague, you get it at the end of finishing a lengthy side-story minigame. This is true for both playables.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and half the population of... Of, uh...

Kamurocho. I always remember it because Ocho is eight!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but it's got a nice little mystery going. I do wonder where it'll go from here.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

By the way, in terms of long cutscene warnings, you'll want to call it quits after you finish Chapter 2 and after you sleep in Chapter 6, since both of those have long cutscenes and/or gameplay segments after them. Ch. 3 and 4 are pretty slow as a whole-Takes a while for it to get going.

I read all of HSoS 6x again...

Safe to say I understand it a lot better now. 

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, he does. And I'm not even joking.

Of course. Why isn't that guy the boss of the family? He's an immortal being!

...no, wait, but that's right, I'm sorry. Kiryu has never killed anyone. He tossed the ratface into rubber pavement.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sorta? There isn't any indication about why you get the fighting style at that point, but... Well, to be vague, you get it at the end of finishing a lengthy side-story minigame. This is true for both playables.

Hmmmm.... Well, we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

By the way, in terms of long cutscene warnings, you'll want to call it quits after you finish Chapter 2 and after you sleep in Chapter 6, since both of those have long cutscenes and/or gameplay segments after them. Ch. 3 and 4 are pretty slow as a whole-Takes a while for it to get going.

Duly noted.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmmm.... Well, we'll see.

They're completely optional, but you do get a pretty cool moment for if you get Kiryu's for the final boss.

Also, Ruben, you stopped at 6x, right?

You got to miss out on these lovely bastards:

Spoiler

Screenshot_993.png

Hey, someone just said “By my arts, become hard as steel!”

Green haired guy who’s name I forgot villain of SC confirmed.

Already reaching near 40C days over here.

I don't mind the heat too much but man does it make one feel quite... tired, I think. Currently no AC access at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Already reaching near 40C days over here.

I don't mind the heat too much but man does it make one feel quite... tired, I think. Currently no AC access at the moment.

Oof. Stay safe.

Spoiler

Okay, so, we just saved some random nun who just happened to be where we were going as part of the main story but the camera never showed her face. Could she be the nun looking lady in the art on the Sky the 3rd OST videos?

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Could she be the nun looking lady in the art on the Sky the 3rd OST videos?

Oh no, she didn't exist when FC was made.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh no, she didn't exist when FC was made.

Dang it game, I thought I was being clever! Why’d they have her face hidden the entire time? 

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't worry about it, man. It's okay not to like the same things as others, it really is. Opinions be like that.

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Don't be. I always tell you it's ok to not like something man. Be more confident.

13 hours ago, Sooks said:

It’s really okay to not like a very popular game, because games are completely and will always be subjective. I don’t think I would like Xenoblade either, honestly. Conquest might have many fans but it also has many detractors, so that’s not an uncommon feeling.

16 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't be. There's nothing at all wrong with having an opinion.

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I really hope things get better for you.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's fine, you're cool. I can definitely relate to the feeling of feeling weird because you don't like the thing that everyone else likes as much (or you just don't like it at all). The last few months, everyone and their mother was praising Hades (not on here tho) and i played it and just thought it was fine but also found the roguelike structure to be frustrating.

You guys are way too understanding, you know that?
But thank you all!

Also, good morning, everyone!
What's new?

As for me, I delved a bit into the series that birthed the "OBJECTION!" meme.
Pretty awesome games, all things considered! Quite hilarious, too, with pun names such as Wendy Oldbag or Luke Atmey. XD
And who could forget about Detective Dick Gumshoe? Yes, that's his name. And I know Dick is a shortening of Richard, but still. xD
And one of the prosecutors chucking his coffee at the defense when he's riled up, which makes this happen:
9YVC9lo.png

XD

What makes this even funnier is the fact that said prosecutor kinda looks like Archer, from Fate. So now my headcanon is that Emiya went to law school and became a prosecutor while developing a coffee addiction. The guy downs 17 mugs of coffee per trial. 17!

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

How does this end up sounding like it's a track from Castlevania?

And I mean quite specifically too, one from Order of Ecclesia sounds quite similar.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

9YVC9lo.png

Really shouldn't have tried to ask them to put the coffee down.