• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I get the idea that the second thread was created on purpose after reading the first.

That, and the fact that everyday we get a ''Fanservice bad'' thread.

Like i am not even a fan of them in serious games either, but it's annoying to see the same thread every day lol

Falcom: Okay so we’re gonna make this really challenging boss fight, throw in dozens of enemies who will likely move as a block and the player will really have to pull out all of the stops to beat this horde, using as much strategy as they can.

Joshua: Haha Black Fang go brrrr

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Well, Owen DOES like Shell-Fried Crab. That's +20 hit right there.

True! Who knows, maybe he'll make the Ortmann and Von Beck kills way easier, since I can just let him do the thing in Ch6 and have him Return in Ch8.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Frankly, I'd have expected people to drop the game around Ch8 (boring map), and not before the super cav rushdown map. 

I didn't drop it yet, just on hold now as the translations aren't that good, couple that with some Kaga decisions that are really ''why Kaga'' this time around. Especially in the surprise department.

And i don't wanna keep retrying a map for a green unit of for a star unit that keeps suiciding because i couldn't forsee that i should send Zade on the other side

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Since Owen has Expert, he could in theory also successfully use the Pallas Leia. Which would probably be kinda funny if nothing else.

I've seen people have Owen use Starlight to kill the final boss before. It's wonderful.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

And i don't wanna keep retrying a map for a green unit of for a star unit that keeps suiciding because i couldn't forsee that i should send Zade on the other side

Ah. Yeah, that was a bit dumb. Though I think every time I've played that map, the green unit goes right, because the bottom squad usually needs help with the cavs. And, at a certain point, it does make sense to just let a star unit die as an enemy. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I didn't drop it yet, just on hold now as the translations aren't that good, couple that with some Kaga decisions that are really ''why Kaga'' this time around. Especially in the surprise department.

Fair enough. Though I didn't really have as much trouble with the surprise stuff (apart from the example above), it makes sense to be turned off by the rough translations. Though I will have played this game at least twice before it gets a full translation, there's really no substitute for the real deal. And why does the machine translation confuse the pronouns in certain places, that is incredibly annoying.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Though I think every time I've played that map, the green unit goes right

for me it goes up right into the star unit XD

because the bottom squad usually needs help with the cavs.

Accorte soloes that secion for me 

I mean, after many retries at turn 5 is was able to capture the star unit...

but now green unit suicides into the enemy at Turn 14, which is just super annoying

Might give it a try this weekend actually and see what will happen

Edited by Shrimperor

but now green unit suicides into the enemy at Turn 14, which is just super annoying

Ugh, that sucks. Frankly, if you had to reload a save, it's absolutely worth killing Bald Wario for the green unit to live. Though IDK if that's really a possibility without reloading to like turn 5.

9 minutes ago, Spara said:

Ugh, that sucks. Frankly, if you had to reload a save, it's absolutely worth killing Bald Wario for the green unit to live. Though IDK if that's really a possibility without reloading to like turn 5.

to do that i also need to start from the beginning. If i kill bald Wario the green will just beeline into the Adept+ Ballista.

Really hate the concept of Adept+ Ballista tbh.

Really hate the concept of Adept+ Ballista tbh.

Oh. I did not realize that the green unit got that far across the map.

Oh. I did not realize that the green unit got that far across the map.

Spoiler

ekh89TE.png

Turn 10

at the start of enemy Phase enemy armor units with good neighbout will appear, which either will trap the green unit in, or if i assist in killing them the green will get ballista'd

So I just got to the Yakuza sidequest that was advertised on the Steam page. The one where you're supposed to teach a dominatrix how to, well, dominatrixe.

I am not sure how to feel about the fact that I absolutely nailed it.

46 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But i can mostly say now RPGs aren't really a thing for you, Ruben, as RPGs do take their time to build up the battle system, starting pretty basic and then evolving so they don't feel stale. If they throw everything from the beginning at you they won't only not have anything to show later, but it might be too much for the player to take in.

Yes, this is true. RPGs have never been my thing. I've enjoyed a few, but generally speaking, they're not for me.

30 minutes ago, Spara said:

I think, once I've fully replayed HSoS, I'm gonna do another Berwick run, and just challenge myself to see how good I can make my rankings without rigging or grinding in side maps. Plus, gives me an excuse to read through the whole story again, 'cuz it's been a fair bit since I read all the story in a playthrough. Who knows, maybe I'll make Windstorm Owen my dedicated combat unit. It's not a good idea, but hey, he could have like 14x3 atk in Chapter 5. 

Windstorm Owen lol. Dew it.

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I get the idea that the second thread was created on purpose after reading the first.

I like how Shrimpy only upvoted the second one.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Personally, I'd be all over this game with an official translations, but the logs are too messy and incomplete for my tastes.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I'd be all over this game with an official translations, but the logs are too messy and incomplete for my tastes.

Yeah. It'd be nice to be able to go back and fix the damn incorrect pronouns agh

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how Shrimpy only upvoted the second one

As i said, i am sick of everyday ''Fanservice bad'' Threads xD

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am not sure how to feel about the fact that I absolutely nailed it.

jpNx8ig.png4gAJmx0.png
a true weeb you are

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

actually i agree. I think i will be more preceptive to restarts as well if i wasn't lost in the logs everytime

actually i agree. I think i will be more preceptive to restarts as well if i wasn't lost in the logs everytime

Here's hoping Vestaria Project gives Dangen the go-ahead soon. Both the Dangen staff and community seem really excited to get it translated. 

Too bad they probably can't make Bertholia a blue unit in Ch5, that would be so nice

Also with official loc. hopefully we get a global enemy range option. Not having it available in 2021 is just bleh.

This isn'T SNES days anymore

Yeah. Considering they added that to VS1, they'll almost certainly do it for HSoS, too.