"You are not fit to be unchained

From your damned servitude. Away,

You imbecile! since if from her empire

We were to liberate the slave,

You'd raise the carrion of your vampire,

By your own kisses, from the grave.

h8C0ooi.png

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Well, I haven’t been losing that many battles, but, why is the default to have that turned on!?

How extreme are the effects? And are they per each loss, or a set number of losses?

And I thought I did so well in the martial arts tournament finale...

Not really that extreme. They only start being noticeable after 5 tries or so. I think it takes like 10 retries for the game to lower from hard to normal, for example, and only for that battle and only if you don't restart the game.

Tutturu y'all

Edited by Shrimperor

I've been sitting under a great tree in a park adjacent to a famed castle reading the poems of Charles Baudelaire for an hour under a darkening sky. Why does my soul ache? 

Also, I said yesterday that Nights of Azure has the best boss fights ever, for me.
Well... Shining Resonance Refrain comes pretty damn close with the Dracomachina fights. I played a bit of the postgame today, and the refights against them are a blast. Some screenshots from the Trishula battle:

O7nOHZC.jpgZoE9fQ0.jpg8sbJv3s.jpg

Made even better by that boss theme.

It might not look it from the screenshots, but if it wasn't for my healer constantly spamming heals, I'd be deep fried in a matter of seconds. Even at high levels, this fight is tough... and Trishula is also the very first boss you have to face in the game, though in that first battle, he's much weaker, obviously, and doesn't use many of his stronger fire attacks. But in all subsequent battles, he shows players why exactly he's called the "Hellfire Spear".

Edited by DragonFlames

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about a quick lesson then? 🛕

Ardhanarishvara, or Ardha for short, is a particular form of Shiva. As Hinduism has different tellings of basically the same story in different places by different people over thousands of years, with a only handful of canonical texts that don't address everything nor are wholly followed by everyone, keep in mind the specific details can differ.

Ardha is Shiva having merged with his divine consort, the goddess Parvati, who has her own alternate forms- namely the warrior goddess Durga and maddeningly destructive goddess Kali (Shiva's comparable super-destructive form is Bhairava). Shiva represents the divine masculinity, Parvati the divine femininity, the two gendered halves of godliness fused into a single being is certain to be very almighty.

Most often, Ardha is depicted as a person with two distinctive halves, split down the middle, one side visibly male and the other visibly female. If the skin color is the same throughout, look to at the chest- if the deity has an endowed breast on one side (perhaps covered for modesty due to female social norms) and is flat on the other, you know it's very likely depicting Ardha.

So Ardhanarishvara is a fusion specifically of Shiva and Parvati. A literal being of two minds. And bodies. To the point of being

Yeah, Hinduism's pantheon has a fair of "X is a form of Y" from what I've heard and I certainly don't know the scope of it and on top of that it's codification isn't quite as set down as the Abrahamic faiths which does lead to a more open divergence in how the faith is understood, so for some foreign outsider (read: me) the scope to try and understand's pretty massive.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I forgot to comment on this earlier. FE3-era art at some of its worst. Although I might prefer Tobin and Gray's old artwork, Tobin's pink hair makes me think either he's gay or actually a woman dressing kinda man-ish. Mae and Boey get points for Mae being visibly jealous of Boey's splendid legs on full display. And Blue-Haired Alm must be mentioned.

This isn't the MotE official art though, but man there's a lot of "quality" from that era. (I wonder if this artwork led to Awakening Alm's art having a more cyan colour)

So, I know none of y'all give a crap about Disney stuff, but I just finished watching the Owl House and I feel a little bummed about how it finished it's first season, partly because it went for a continuation. Then again I should've expected it to have another after realising the main creator for Gravity Falls was consulted on that show. There's also other stuff I felt mixed about, but that'd be giving opinions on things and I think everyone here will argue mine are trash.

48 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I said yesterday that Nights of Azure has the best boss fights ever, for me.
Well... Shining Resonance Refrain comes pretty damn close with the Dracomachina fights. I played a bit of the postgame today, and the refights against them are a blast. Some screenshots from the Trishula battle:

O7nOHZC.jpgZoE9fQ0.jpg8sbJv3s.jpg

Made even better by that boss theme.

It might not look it from the screenshots, but if it wasn't for my healer constantly spamming heals, I'd be deep fried in a matter of seconds. Even at high levels, this fight is tough... and Trishula is also the very first boss you have to face in the game, though in that first battle, he's much weaker, obviously, and doesn't use many of his stronger fire attacks. But in all subsequent battles, he shows players why exactly he's called the "Hellfire Spear".

Those guys were pretty rough as i remember it as well!

Hmmmm

I am really in a mood for a jrpg (and not a tactical one) right now, and i blame all of you for it 😛

Maybe it's time i give TMS a try? But that would require hunting a cheap copy in ebay for a few days

hmmmmmmmmmm

what to do what to do

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No random encounters either, unlike the last BD game.

Hey, in BD you could turn them off. Even better imo.

That being gone was a sad day for BDII

He attacked again!

oIdTGs4.png

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmmmm

I am really in a mood for a jrpg (and not a tactical one) right now, and i blame all of you for it 😛

Maybe it's time i give TMS a try? But that would require hunting a cheap copy in ebay for a few days

hmmmmmmmmmm

what to do what to do

Time to finish the Cold Steel series!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Is there are RPG where the Healers aren't the MVPs? They save our asses, sometimes deal astronomical amounts of damage, and generally stop many game overs 

xD

Healers are always the MVPs. Always. I have seen entire boss fights fall apart within seconds just because the team's healer died.
So yeah. xD

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Those guys were pretty rough as i remember it as well!

Yup, yup! But really fun to fight!
Especially with that music.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmmmm

Oops!