Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

insert "friggin hell, here they go again" screenshot

You called? XD
qsrXDNO.jpg

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Nepgears defensive cheer hits all allies in HDD.

Niiiice!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, remember the one Berwick Saga map I mentioned? That one has young girl in chains, young girl being physically abused (as in, being hit, not... you know, the other thing you're thinking of right now), possessed young girl and step incest. All in one map. It's fucking hilarious. Of course, the rest of the game is mostly clean, so I'll take it.

That is... a lot, for a single map. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Could be.

I might also depend on how good the characters are in each style. I can definitely see some characters being better in Ys mode while others are better in Trails mode.

I'm really intrigued.

Also since ARPGs handle difficulty much much better than turn-based then, well, you might finally have fun with Nightmare again. Assuming they properly balance it (Idk how balances changes between the two modes).

i shall await the news from chinaman and fellow Falcom oldies

xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is... a lot, for a single map. XD

They had to put a whole game worth of Kaga kinks in that map, so....

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Japan has oil.

Actually, do they have oil?

Japan from what I'm aware is notoriously short on every resource needed for modern industry and relies on imports -or was leading up to WWII. So I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Is there still US military bases in Japan? They could also have sent some guys regardless in thinking "Bullet solve monster", to put it stupidly.

Plenty of military bases in Japan, most of them in the Ryukyu Islands (Okinawa of WWII battle fame is the biggest), although there are actually a few near Tokyo looking at the map.

It's actually a contentious issue over there. The percentage of US military bases in Japan in the Ryukyu Islands, is disproportionate to the size and population of the islands as a percentage of the entirety of Japan. This makes the Ryukyu Islanders feel like second-class citizens, because it means certain burdens related to servicing the US presence fall heavily on the local population, young American men looking for "love" being one of them. 

And to be historical about it, the Ryukyu Islanders have been second-class citizens. The islands weren't formally annexed into Japan until the Meiji Restoration. The Ryukyu Islands were independent until, during the Tokugawa Shogunate (began in 1600), the Shimazu warlord (daimyo) family of Satsuma Domain -most of the southernmost Japanese mainland island of Kyushu- was tasked with forcing the Ryukyu King to become their vassal. At that point, the Ryukyu were made to look independent to outsiders, namely China b/c China banned trade with Japan due to rampant Japanese wako piracy during the Sengoku period, although China could see something was fishy and turned a blind eye to it. In practice, the Ryukyu Kingdom paid tribute to the Shogun through the Shimazu intermediary, although Ieyasu and his successors had no desire to formally annex the Ryukyu Kingdom, because it was helpful in creating their own domestic political image as "great princes" who received the gifts of subservient countries as a sign of their greatness.

Once the Bakumatsu & Meiji periods arrived and kicked Japan from Early Modern to Modern, I'm not sure exactly what became of the Ryukyu Islands. But I do know they remained poorly treated when Japan formally integrated them. They aren't ethnic "Yamato" Japanese, and since Japan had inherited the ancient East Asian/Chinese concept of "barbarians", and now learned of the modern European-American concept of "savages", it's fair to say the people of Ryukyu likely endured a lot of discrimination, and very likely forced cultural assimilation practices.

-But that is enough of a history lesson. 

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I might also depend on how good the characters are in each style. I can definitely see some characters being better in Ys mode while others are better in Trails mode.

I'm really intrigued.

It does sound fascinating. If it succeeds, it could become the way of catering to the modernizing and more classical crowds at once. But if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Plenty of military bases in Japan, most of them in the Ryukyu Islands (Okinawa of WWII battle fame is the biggest), although there are actually a few near Tokyo looking at the map.

It's actually a contentious issue over there. The percentage of US military bases in Japan in the Ryukyu Islands, is disproportionate to the size and population of the islands as a percentage of the entirety of Japan. This makes the Ryukyu Islanders feel like second-class citizens, because it means certain burdens related to servicing the US presence fall heavily on the local population, young American men looking for "love" being one of them. 

And to be historical about it, the Ryukyu Islanders have been second-class citizens. The islands weren't formally annexed into Japan until the Meiji Restoration. The Ryukyu Islands were independent until, during the Tokugawa Shogunate (began in 1600), the Shimazu warlord (daimyo) family of Satsuma Domain -most of the southernmost Japanese mainland island of Kyushu- was tasked with forcing the Ryukyu King to become their vassal. At that point, the Ryukyu were made to look independent to outsiders, namely China b/c China banned trade with Japan due to rampant Japanese wako piracy during the Sengoku period, although China could see something was fishy and turned a blind eye to it. In practice, the Ryukyu Kingdom paid tribute to the Shogun through the Shimazu intermediary, although Ieyasu and his successors had no desire to formally annex the Ryukyu Kingdom, because it was helpful in creating their own domestic political image as "great princes" who received the gifts of subservient countries as a sign of their greatness.

Once the Bakumatsu & Meiji periods arrived and kicked Japan from Early Modern to Modern, I'm not sure exactly what became of the Ryukyu Islands. But I do know they remained poorly treated when Japan formally integrated them. They aren't ethnic "Yamato" Japanese, and since Japan had inherited the ancient East Asian/Chinese concept of "barbarians", and now learned of the modern European-American concept of "savages", it's fair to say the people of Ryukyu likely endured a lot of discrimination, and very likely forced cultural assimilation practices.

-But that is enough of a history lesson. 

Yeah, I was uncertain about current bases, but the US has that tendency to try and keep their presence when they do have it. Doesn't surprise me at all even with what little I know about Hokkaido as well that these things might occur there.

Did Kyushu ever have similar issues I wonder?

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Japan from what I'm aware is notoriously short on every resource needed for modern industry and relies on imports -or was leading up to WWII. So I don't think so.

Ah yeah, i remember now. During WWII, when Japan started making moves in the Pacific, the US actually cut off their oil exports to them, which made Japan a bit desperate in taking islands that did have oil in them.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does sound fascinating. If it succeeds, it could become the way of catering to the modernizing and more classical crowds at once.

If it weren't for the fact that it's the 11th chapter of an overarching series, i'd say Kuro's looking to be the most accessible game in the series.

I mean, you probably could start with it and be fine, i know some people started with Cold Steel 1 and were fine. But once Kuro no Kiseki II hits, you'd probably want knowledge of things that happened before.

Now that I think about it, Ch8 did felt like a SRW chapter. Complete with "boss that flees after HP goes under a %".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, I was uncertain about current bases, but the US has that tendency to try and keep their presence when they do have it. Doesn't surprise me at all even with what little I know about Hokkaido as well that these things might occur there.

Well, with North Korea armed with nuclear weapons and the rise of China, I don't see the US leaving Japan any day soon, barring a supremely isolationist administration that backs down from challenging China, despite that being something all Americans agree on.

Kyushu I think is much more thoroughly ethnically Japanese and has for centuries been integrated into Japan proper. The central government might not have had full control of the island, mostly an interest in the nearest northernmost part, but feudal Japan was never known for a powerful centralized administration.

Hokkaido seems to be somewhere between Kyushu and the Ryukyu Islands in terms of its history. It is peripheral, and ethnic Japanese people did start moving into part of it prior to Japan's opening to the West. But Hokkaido hasn't been part of Japan since the very beginning like Honshu, Kyushu, and Shikoku, it was assimilated many centuries later. And of course, like the Ryukyu Islands, you have a native ethnic group, the Ainu in this case, who have been marginalized by the Japanese state ever since the modern Yamato took their home over.

I love your consideration, guys.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I think one map where it works really well was ch19

Mainly because for once it wasn't the enemy warping all around, it was me xD

T-the enemy can warp in this game?

Sweating Jordan Peele | Know Your Meme

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, remember the one Berwick Saga map I mentioned? That one has young girl in chains, young girl being physically abused (as in, being hit, not... you know, the other thing you're thinking of right now), possessed young girl and step incest. All in one map. It's fucking hilarious. Of course, the rest of the game is mostly clean, so I'll take it.

Looks straight out of a H-Doujin. I like it.

Edited by Maof06

Just now, Maof06 said:

T-the enemy can warp in this game?

Sweating Jordan Peele | Know Your Meme

Don't worry too much, they can't warp and attack in the same turn. They'll be sitting ducks waiting to be eaten if you have any nearby allies able to kill them, although you might have to eat a strong counterattack.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, you probably could start with it and be fine, i know some people started with Cold Steel 1 and were fine. But once Kuro no Kiseki II hits, you'd probably want knowledge of things that happened before.

Ngl when kuro hits i might pull the same "it's fine to skip past arcs" toxic move CS fans pull all the time.

Just because it means CS will be the one skipped over now 😛

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

laughs in Echoes

Laughs in Dread Fighters

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl when kuro hits i might pull the same "it's fine to skip past arcs" toxic move CS fans pull all the time.

Bad Shrimpy.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Trails arc skippers are the same as JoJo Part skippers and should be purged.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How is it toxic?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Laughs in Dread Fighters

Bad Shrimpy.

It's petty, my dislike, no, hate towards anything CS related goes beyond simple pettiness :p

That, and the Falcom fanbase is one of the worst and most toxic fanbases to ever exist. I left it, but i never forgot, and if i return to the series (which has 1% chance of happening) and the fanbase i will return to the toxicity as well.

CS arc needs to be retconned out of existence

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Trails arc skippers are the same as JoJo Part skippers and should be purged.

Yes.

So we agree CS newbies need to be purged!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How is it toxic?

"Elitist" "Gatekeeper" "not true fan" etc. when you even try to suggest one should try with sky.

Or the new wave newbies that go "Crossbell spoils Cold Steel" when Crossbell freaking came out first.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Or the new wave newbies that go "Crossbell spoils Cold Steel" when Crossbell freaking came out first.

It's funny that they say Crossbell spoils Cold Steel when Cold Steel 2 spoils the entire climax of Azure.

I was actually bummed out and i couldn't do anything about it because at the time, the only fan-translation for Azure was the machine-translated one.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's funny that they say Crossbell spoils Cold Steel when Cold Steel 2 spoils the entire climax of Azure.

It's because they only care about Cold Steel.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was actually bummed out and i couldn't do anything about it because at the time, the only fan-translation for Azure was the machine-translated one.

Back then we had no choice. Now there's no excuse unless you don't have a PC, noting that even potatoes can run Xbell.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Toxic fanbase... bever seen that before. Xd

Xenoblade fans when a new Xenoblade game gets announced.

I don't forget how both X and 2 were blasted during their reveals for not being Xenoblade 1.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now there's no excuse unless you don't have a PC, noting that even potatoes can run Xbell.

Even then, if you've got a PSP emulator on your phone, you can emulate the Crossbell games. It won't be Geofront quality but it's still a viable alternative.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

"Elitist" "Gatekeeper" "not true fan" etc. when you even try to suggest one should try with sky.

B-but that's the beginning of the series.

751539970711224381.gif?v=1