• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I approve Samus Returns' implementation of teleport rooms.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Mtllnzbv o

It was a mistake to give me this power.

Character customization is always a win.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She kinda looks like the Blue Reflection MC (well minus the magical girl clothes). Is that what you're referring to?

Huh, I never noticed this at all! Neat!
... Yeah, let's go with that. xD

Another pattern is that three out of four games feature female protagonists, come to think of it.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Estelle and maybe Nep aside, they tend do be in the eternally suffering category lol

I see!
Shrimpy's S is showing. xD

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Character customization is always a win.

Agreed.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Metroid: Zero Mission is a masterpiece:

Finally realised what i said was true, eh? I was saying it was the best, and it looks like you agree with me! 

The only real complaints i have here are that the two bosses that in tiny-ass rooms are just really annoying to deal with. Most of the bosses being in large rooms does make them much easier to fight but easy boss fights do work in favor of such a short game like this.

Which two?

Haha, i'm sorry if i came across that way. Didn't mean to.

I was joking. XD

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I meant in terms of stringency for acquisition.

*Double checks*

Okay it the best timed image in Normal, requiring <2 hrs with 100%. Under 2 hrs 100% Hard is:

138px-Zero_Mission_Ending_6.png

And <15% of items obtained on Normal and Hard (no time constraints) give these images:

138px-Zero_Mission_Ending_7.png138px-Zero_Mission_Ending_8.png

But I picked the "Samus at the bar" image, because it shows her with the most attitude. I like it. Girl gotta relax sometimes, can't be a stoic warrior every day of the month. Between escapes from giant explosions/crashes, exterminating all Metroids, dancing with Ridley, looking for Artifacts and Temple Keys, getting corrupted with Phazon to the point of vomiting, being in Other M... the list goes on for reasons Samus deserves a drink.

I remember the bottom right one being the hardest to unlock! I wasn't saying you were wrong from your PoV, just that the game has that one as the hardest to unlock.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

because I just had to do the same thing over and over and over again, same with the Dark Aeons, honestly.

Missed this, but this is exactly why i hated it. After a while, it just wasn't fun in any way.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mother Brain and Robo-Ridley.

Mother Brain is a pattern, you jump in the right spot with the right timing, and she can't touch you.

Mecha Ridley is an epic duel arena!

Also, Mecha Ridley is designed to get harder when you 100% the game. Double the attack strength and triple the health!

To conclude this morning's session, I beat up an angry hand. This boss was super buggy, every time it ran into the rock to the right, it buried in the ground and became unable to do anything until it did a particular move that unbugged it. So it was easy. Easier than Redstream Sam, that's for sure. That guy was... also easy to do flawlessly, but he had one move that covered basically the entire screen, so I had to hope he didn't use it.

First boss is still the hardest so far.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mother Brain is a pattern, you jump in the right spot with the right timing, and she can't touch you

Mother Brain also vomits everything on you and you have two one block tiles you can stand on because the floor is lava and it's very easy to fall in.

Robo Ridley was just too big for the room tbh.

Noticing that things take longer to die in Samus Returns. Not like, extremely long to die but things definitely take a few more shots than they should.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mother Brain also vomits everything on you and you have two one block tiles you can stand on because the floor is lava and it's very easy to fall in.

Robo Ridley was just too big for the room tbh.

Gonna be honest, its probably harder to deal woth cause the games mechanics werent designed with anything but its original system controls. Its easy to handle, just on the GBA.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Noticing that things take longer to die in Samus Returns. Not like, extremely long to die but things definitely take a few more shots than they should.

It’s like that at first, but before too long you’ll be shredding through the common enemies. The game doesn’t waste time in making Samus feel really powerful.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Gonna be honest, its probably harder to deal woth cause the games mechanics werent designed with anything but its original system controls. Its easy to handle, just on the GBA.

I mean, the game played just fine on Wii U so I don't think that was it.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It’s like that at first, but before too long you’ll be shredding through the common enemies. The game doesn’t waste time in making Samus feel really powerful.

Good to know.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

You know, I just realized but all of the games in my Masterpiece Club have Kaiju in them.

So 13 Sentinels is a foregone conclusion? 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

One has to wonder why Samus keeps losing her abilities in each game lmao. Like in Fusion it made sense why but in the other games, not so much haha.

Well, Other M tried another excuse. And the Primes a partial other excuse.

Prime 2 into 3 is might be the situation where "naturally" losing the abilities makes the greatest sense. Some abilities had no reason at all to go away, but a bunch of the important ones are contextual to planet Aether. A few important things like the Dark Suit and Light Beam are primarily useful only on that planet, and could she even find Dark Ammo elsewhere in the universe?

If Samus always retained everything, then by the time they got to Other M, the last game before Fusion takes it all way in the crash, we'd be looking at Quintuple Plasma Beam.

...You're making me want to crawl into the basement and boot up that GameCube for the first time in like a decade. I still have Prime 1, something from my childhood which I never completed, even though I had the game guide (with an NES Metroid walkthrough included). I only made it as far as Flaaghra. Partly the atmosphere was too scary for child/young adult me, partly it's me not liking the possibility of being surprised and shot in the back by unseen hostiles because first-person perspective. But now that watched some LPs of the games, I don't think I'd be a coward anymore. -But also having seen the game and having a good memory creates its own issues with doing that.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, that reminds me! I haven't caught up on that yet.

But I'm also supposed to write an essay on Medieval Literature this week...
Goddamnit!

Quite the contrast here. Manga vs. Chretien de Troyes!

49 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mecha Ridley is an epic duel arena!

Also, Mecha Ridley is designed to get harder when you 100% the game. Double the attack strength and triple the health!

All I remember of Mecha Ridley is that it was anticlimactically easy for a post-final boss. Maybe aiming for high% but not actually getting to 100% was to blame.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, the game played just fine on Wii U so I don't think that was it.

im sure it ran fine, butnthe game was designed with the flexible pad in mind.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All I remember of Mecha Ridley is that it was anticlimactically easy for a post-final boss. Maybe aiming for high% but not actually getting to 100% was to blame.

Unless you 100% the game, it will be.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So 13 Sentinels is a foregone conclusion? 

Perhaps.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Samus always retained everything, then by the time they got to Other M, the last game before Fusion takes it all way in the crash, we'd be looking at Quintuple Plasma Beam.

True.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..You're making me want to crawl into the basement and boot up that GameCube for the first time in like a decade. I still have Prime 1, something from my childhood which I never completed, even though I had the game guide (with an NES Metroid walkthrough included). I only made it as far as Flaaghra. Partly the atmosphere was too scary for child/young adult me, partly it's me not liking the possibility of being surprised and shot in the back by unseen hostiles because first-person perspective. But now that watched some LPs of the games, I don't think I'd be a coward anymore. -But also having seen the game and having a good memory creates its own issues with doing that.

You're also getting that new Metroid itch huh.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

im sure it ran fine, butnthe game was designed with the flexible pad in mind.

I mean, the control stick was just as flexible, I would think.

I just one to say, for the record, something that's been on my mind for a little while about Bloodstained. In spoilers for... really no reason, it's just a theory of mine.

Spoiler

I think Dominique is going to be a traitor. Her background and motives are unclear (more than everyone else, at least, she's just a nondescript high-ranking member of "the church", whatever that is), she was the one who insisted on bringing Miriam to Notcastlevania for reasons that may or may not be evil, and on a more meta sense, Anna serves no purpose but to stand next to her and say quirky lines... which leaves her in the perfect position to replace Dominique as the shopkeep after her betrayal.

Probably just reading too much into it for my crackpot theory. I don't really have much in the way of solid proof, and there's just as much going against it, but... yeah. If it happens, I called it. These games always have a traitor. Alfred's just a red herring. I can feel it.

Anyway, I finally acquired my first familiar. The fairy seemed completely useless until she discovered a hidden passage. Now I won't ever let her go. She's going to be my secret sniffer.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, that reminds me! I haven't caught up on that yet.

But I'm also supposed to write an essay on Medieval Literature this week...
Goddamnit!

Reward yourself for finishing the essay with whatever you haven’t caught up on yet! At least, that’s what I would do.

Fudge! I stumbled onto a presumed optional boss, I think it was actually listed in the black market, and I almost won. I got it down to ~20 HP when it killed me. I wasn't expecting this, so I didn't come prepared. After I finish off Chapter 4, I'll come back and get my revenge on this Tidal Wyrm. What I need is to fill my limited inventory with good cooked food providing lotsa HP & TP, every boss fight looks to be demanding that I do or else cut it close. If only Tangy Berries weren't rare or expensive.

Perhaps.

I meant that as a joke. Considering it better be good if everyone has insisted no explanation that is it, and it's the first thing you'll be playing on your PS4 because of that.

You're also getting that new Metroid itch huh.

Hearing about people playing games can sometimes make one more interested in them, either playing it themselves or reading up. Metroid has been sitting benignly somewhere on my gaming periphery forever, and I know I can complete and enjoy it.

That, and there is probably part of me that want to obliterate that titular blue tentacular fiend whose existence I've been aware of for so long.😄 -Although I wouldn't be looking forward dealing with Tallon Metroids, first-person perspective turns the experience of Metroid larva latching onto your face into a panicked "Ahhhhhh! Get this thing off me NOW!".

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning! What did I miss?

I have discovered that Bloodstain offers the power of character customization.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I immediately took the chance to utterly ruin Miriam.