Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have heard good things about that game. Especially since the first Yooka-Laylee is considered by many to be mid.

Haven't played it myself, but I have watched an EXTREMELY positive review about it:

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, nothing longer than my gaming backlog than my writing one.

There's something of a short story I want to write about Tales as a request to someone (not request for me to write, rather writing for someone to do a request I'm asking them to)... but I'd say, hard to think if I can convey it short enough for what would be used for. Well, can't say I won't try anyway...

So here I am, nothing really worthwhile to watch on TV this late. Left it on a local channel, currently airing an interview with this... actress I think. At some point she starts talking something about wanting to act in some Zorro movie or just Spanish inspired in general, something like that... and I swear, the Gerudo Valley theme starts playing during the filming montage esque moment.

Okay, it was likely the very melody the OoT people sampled from to make the Gerudo Valley theme, but it kept on going long enough with the melody matching so well it made me start wondering things...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Just be thankful its not like FFX's arena bosses. God those are the worst, along with their Dark Aeons and Penance.

Yup.
Those things were horrendous, frankly. Especially Penance. Took me about an hour to beat that thing, and it was tedious and boring, because I just had to do the same thing over and over and over again, same with the Dark Aeons, honestly.
Thus, I feel absolutely no remorse over just offing some of them with Zanmato. In hindsight, I should've probably beat Penance that way, too, because doing it the legitimate way did not feel rewarding whatsoever. Music was pretty good, though.

Final Fantasy X is a fun game. The superbosses? Not so much.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Teary = Lacrimosa

Aprende Español, juegas con La Lacrimosa de Dana.

Oh, I see! Thanks for explaining! ^^
My Spanish is a bit rusty, heh

---

Good morning, everyone! ^^
Is SF pretty slow for anyone else or is it just me?

It's 4:45 AM here and I still can't sleep:):

At least I can already wish some people good morning

Sooo did the forum crap itself for anyone else or is it just me?

Anyway, I found an 8-bit coin in Bloodstained. I found it in my first run too, but I wasted my waystone like an idiot, so I couldn't make it back to base to find out what it did.

Now I know. I have exactly one and it crafts all sorts of cool-looking gear. I want all of it but I can only have one.

Pain.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Impossible.

Iga makes good games.

Bastard...

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, same here. It crashed entirely just a bit back, too. Must be having some technical problems.

Oh.

All right.

So most animes tend to try to be at least a liiiil' stealthy about their panty shots.

This one just straight up gives you a full view of the goods when you use a teleporter.

Also, I am now fighting Jetstream Sam except he's red.

I love this game.

Hello...I am alive, kinda...as my laptop is. It still starts, but whenever it moves slightly, it crashes. I'm not a IT expert, but I think some cable between motherboard and screen might got broken. I won't let it repair since it'd be more beneficial to buy a new (better) one instead. Technically I should have received one already, but payment failed. Though it was a good thing since I just saw a zenbook for 700 € somewhere else which looked great (it just should be powerful enough for streaming). Should arrive mid next week. Until that I still have to use internet via my TV (using phone is even worse).

Just wanted to mention that I enjoy CrossCode quite a lot. I rarely have played a game which challenged my brain as much as this game does. 

Here's some fluffiness for the final.

Well, until then, jambuhye!

"Your body is covered in weird... decorations."

"Oh, these? No, these... these are all the rage in Paris!"

"Oohh, Paris?! Wow...

I ' V E   N E V E R   B E E N   T O   S P A I N "

I am dead. This game has officially killed me.

Is this the moment you were talking about @Shrimperor?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, same here. It crashed entirely just a bit back, too. Must be having some technical problems.

Ah, so it was just this site then. Good! For a second, I thought my browser was having trouble with it, or something.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And i approve of that sig, young Ys-ling!

Thanks! ^^

You know, I just realized but all of the games in my Masterpiece Club have Kaiju in them.

Xenoblade 2 - the world is literally built on Kaiju.

Xenoblade X - several Kaiju-sized enemies to go around.

CrossCode - four bosses are Kaiju, including one that is basically just a fiery version of Mothra.

Kid Icarus Uprising - a few bosses come to mind. Also Medusa and Hades.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - most bosses. Also there's Supermassive Galaxy which, yeah.

Metroid: Zero Mission - Kraid.

Tropical Freeze - you have to escape a giant squid which, for Donkey Kong standards, counts as Kaiju.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - has a Pacific Rim mech as one of the boss fights so it technically counts.

And in addition to that, all of these games are sci-fi or have prominent sci-fi elements. Tropical Freeze is really the only exception there. Yeah, my tastes are really showing through here.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It was slow for me last night yeah.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I found an 8-bit coin in Bloodstained.

I think I only ever found one throughout my entire run.

Item drop rates are actually.....pretty bad in this game ngl. Even if you disregard rarity, grinding for items to craft something takes unnecessarily long at times.

12 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Just wanted to mention that I enjoy CrossCode quite a lot. I rarely have played a game which challenged my brain as much as this game does. 

LeaHappy.png

Yeah, CrossCode's puzzles are super based.

Just now, Armagon said:

I think I only ever found one throughout my entire run.

Item drop rates are actually.....pretty bad in this game ngl. Even if you disregard rarity, grinding for items to craft something takes unnecessarily long at times.

Well, I found one in a hidden cave after kicking through a wall. If that's the only one, that kinda sucks, the item I picked wasn't great, unfortunately.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I found one in a hidden cave after kicking through a wall. If that's the only one, that kinda sucks, the item I picked wasn't great, unfortunately.

Man, I couldn't tell you where I found it if only because I put the game on hold for like two years while I waited for the Switch version updates (which really didn't do much tbh).

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Your body is covered in weird... decorations."

"Oh, these? No, these... these are all the rage in Paris!"

"Oohh, Paris?! Wow...

I ' V E   N E V E R   B E E N   T O   S P A I N "

I am dead. This game has officially killed me.

Is this the moment you were talking about @Shrimperor?

haha

yes but actually no

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

*looks at my own "Masterpiece Club"*

Uuuh...
:concern:

XD

have you seen my list of fav. characters?

...there's... a pattern, shall we say?

I just found a generic enemy in a random room. He started whining about how he's a GOOD killer barber, how he's just cursed and he needs to go through 666 different hairstyles for the curse to lift. And now I can customize my character.

This game. This game's a game all right.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Show us! I wanna see.

Weeeeellll...

So far, there's four games in there.
Nights of Azure
Blue Reflection
Megadimension Neptunia VII
and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

As in these (spoilers for size reasons):

Spoiler

blue-reflection-official-soundtrack.jpg
nights-of-azure_conceptart_M53iI.jpg4e2fa369ba48b51656d2a49b6f4ceb73ba899ad6latest?cb=20141206143913

Y'know.
And if you think Devil Survivor 2 (that last one) is the outlier, well... look up Io Nitta (who also happens to be my favorite character in that game for how relatable she is to me).
I like to pretend it isn't THAT (and it honestly isn't), buuuuut... I doubt anyone would believe me after recognizing it. xD

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

have you seen my list of fav. characters?

...there's... a pattern, shall we say?

I see! I know some of your favorites, but I don't think you've ever shown a definitive list yet!
At least... I don't remember, heh.

Edited by DragonFlames

Charge Beam aquaired in Samus Returns.

One has to wonder why Samus keeps losing her abilities in each game lmao. Like in Fusion it made sense why but in the other games, not so much haha.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And if you think Devil Survivor 2 (that last one) is the outlier, well... look up Io Nitta (who also happens to be my favorite character in that game for how relatable she is to me).
I like to pretend it isn't THAT (and it honestly isn't), buuuuut... I doubt anyone would believe me after recognizing it. xD

*Googles*

She kinda looks like the Blue Reflection MC (well minus the magical girl clothes). Is that what you're referring to?

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see! I know some of your favorites, but I don't think you've ever shown a definitive list yet!

Estelle and maybe Nep aside, they tend do be in the eternally suffering category lol