Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's not, actually.

From my understanding, you're shown there's something under the fountain, but you can't get there. After some exploration, you find the monster that drops an item that clearly tells you it could be used on the fountain. You go back, use it, finally get down, then as you fight monsters down there you get the drop.

So just some old fashioned exploration.

Leaving aside the very real possibility that the player does not get the drop on the water monsters due to bad luck, or the fact that there's no reason to believe you need to grind a random enemy to progress the game because every other time the game has handed you the progression shards at certain points without needing to grind, there's the fact that... well, I have no idea how I'm supposed to drain the fountain. I've known there's a hole there since I first came in, but knowing how to get down there is another story.

Like, seriously. Maybe Dominique gave me a hint 6 hours ago, but those hints that she occassionally gives aren't saved anywhere, so I'm bound to forget, unless you'll tell me it's my fault for not keeping pen and paper to write down her vague clues. And right now the only thing I've noticed that's strange is that the ominous red moon in this one corridor has disappeared. That's it. Other than that, I've just been doing laps around the castle trying to find something. So unless I have to do something at that room that is just escaping me, at this point I think I'll just resort to looking on the internet which random mob I have to farm for the blood swimming ability.

What a load of bullshit.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

N13Lmvf.jpg

*cough*

Sahad, pls

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

xD

Oh, I did run! XD
Like hell!
I tried fighting it just to see and I managed to get away unscathed, too!
Also, when I retreated back to the area you see in the screenshot, I think I glitched him out a bit. xD
GzJXGgn.jpg

Floating dinosaurs!
Well, he jumped, but... still. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, seriously. Maybe Dominique gave me a hint 6 hours ago, but those hints that she occassionally gives aren't saved anywhere, so I'm bound to forget, unless you'll tell me it's my fault for not keeping pen and paper to write down her vague clues. And right now the only thing I've noticed that's strange is that the ominous red moon in this one corridor has disappeared. That's it. Other than that, I've just been doing laps around the castle trying to find something. So unless I have to do something at that room that is just escaping me, at this point I think I'll just resort to looking on the internet which random mob I have to farm for the blood swimming ability.

Oh you misunderstood, for the fountain you need some blood sucking ability

after it you need to grind random mob for shards

Oh wait.

Turns out, I'm a complete fucking dumbass.

There was an area I hadn't yet checked out. I just didn't remember it, and when looking at the map, I glossed over it.

Okay, I take it all back. For now. It was my fault entirely.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh wow, they really just went "Fuck you, speedrunners".

This already sucked in Aria, but this is so much worse.

you know what's worse? There's a quest to hunt those monsters

which i did, but they didn't drop the shard during the quest, hence i was running around like a headless chicken for a while

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Leaving aside the very real possibility that the player does not get the drop on the water monsters due to bad luck, or the fact that there's no reason to believe you need to grind a random enemy to progress the game because every other time the game has handed you the progression shards at certain points without needing to grind, there's the fact that... well, I have no idea how I'm supposed to drain the fountain.

What a load of bullshit.

She does. At least where to find the one you need to beat to gain the ability to proceed through the fountain. If you need a reminder:

Well... yeah. If you don't feel you can commit it to memory, write it down. Which is a nice gesture when games have the QoL feature of storing the hints for you, or give you a notes section for you to input them yourself. As a practice, I've been doing this when playing DQ I through VI, and as it turns out... yeah, there's practically little to nothing to seek a guide for if I just take notes whenever I find important info.

53TDYme.jpg

An example of "we take a random German word, and that's now a name in JRPGs gone wrong".
This possibly edgy person is literally called "Bumblebee." As in

Spoiler

hummelhummel-6535078d-cead-4b80-9910-e8f

... yeah. XD

He also looks like a certain someone who shall not be named in the presence of the ruler of the Shrimpire.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

With the way he speaks, I kinda want to Sa-hide him away.

In a corner.

By himself.

Haha, nice one!
Also, I kinda agree. xD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wait.

Turns out, I'm a complete fucking dumbass.

There was an area I hadn't yet checked out. I just didn't remember it, and when looking at the map, I glossed over it.

Okay, I take it all back. For now. It was my fault entirely.

wait, you didn't defeat Bloodless yet?

Oh yeah that's on you, i thought you already beat her and can't advance under water xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

you know what's worse? There's a quest to hunt those monsters

which i did, but they didn't drop the shard during the quest, hence i was running around like a headless chicken for a while

Honestly, this is probably the main reason why I don't really like Castlevania's take on the Metroid formula.

Entering and leaving the same room over and over again is just such a pointless waste of time. There is no sense of accomplishment when the game finally decides to have pity on you and gives you the thing, because you haven't done anything different then the previous 200 times.
And that becomes particular apparent if it occurs in an extremely short action game.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

She does. At least where to find the one you need to beat to gain the ability to proceed through the fountain. If you need a reminder:

Well... yeah. If you don't feel you can commit it to memory, write it down. Which is a nice gesture when games have the QoL feature of storing the hints for you, or give you a notes section for you to input them yourself. As a practice, I've been doing this when playing DQ I through VI, and as it turns out... yeah, there's practically little to nothing to seek a guide for if I just take notes whenever I find important info.

I suppose it was my mistake for assuming that the game would record Dominique's clues if they were important. Like it does with... everything else.

But that's fine. Actually, the clue was completely useless. The problem here wasn't a lack of direction, it was the fact that Ruben is a very smart person who didn't realize that, hey, maybe I can jump kick on these lanterns to make my way up to the top of this room.

God fucking damnit.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This possibly edgy person is literally called "Bumblebee."

That's hilarious.

Unfortunate, but also hilarious.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

e also looks like a certain someone who shall not be named in the presence of the ruler of the Shrimpire.

I see it too.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's hilarious.

Unfortunate, but also hilarious

Yep.
Imagine this, like, demonic overlord and he's just named "Mr. Cuddles" in Spanish, or something.
That's this, basically. XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, that's why i usually turn off my german when watching/playing jp stuff  and just think in english lol

Is it possible to learn this power? xD

Oh my God I feel so fucking stupid. See, I checked that room. But when I saw those thin white pressure plates on the ground and walls, I assumed "okay, I'll have to come back later with a different ability", and completely missed the lanterns on the other side, set up perfectly to jump kick to the top.

Fucking hell. Okay, time for a break, because this has put me in a bad mood. Fuck my life.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Maybe Iga's games could try actually hiding stuff in the castle, rather then just focusing on random drops.

I'm so glad this is something that Metroid never did.

Ecclesia never required random drops for anything mandatory. And so far this is the only instance where it's happened in Bloodstained. Which is a shame, but... well, I haven't seen the room yet. Perhaps it really is as straightforward as Acacia says, though I still question the need to make the player grind for a progression item when they could just put it in a statue or a boss like all the rest.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

when you grow up speaking multipe languages you do

Fair!

---

SzGACmo.jpg

I swear, if she's hiding cat ears under that habit, I'm out.
Joking, obviously, because the game is a blast, but just earlier, I made a Xenoblade joke... and now this happens. XD

Edited by DragonFlames