Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The attack where he literally shows his path in green so you can find a hole in the pattern to hide in? I think you frustration is cloud your judgement.

Yek0vudw o

So uh, mind telling me where the safe spot is, there? Keep in mind the mines hurt me. There's one spot at the veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery corner of the screen, yes... except you also have to keep in mind that the guy reappears instantly when his attack ends, flying in the current direction of his attack. So there's a chance he'll land on me and I'll be screwed no matter what. And yes, it's true, none of those things might happen and then I'm safe... but that's not really a guarantee, is it? I'm at the mercy of the game. I have no reliable counterplay.

No, sorry, but I think you're wrong. It is not my frustration. 3 hours of fighting Bloodless only made me say that the blood rain attack was kinda wonky. This is just plain bullshit, no two-ways around it. The attack has no pattern, it is random, and that's just not right with an attack like this. They should've programmed it so it had some set patterns, so garbage like this couldn't happen.

Oh, well, at least I found the exploit. If I stand on top of that platform, his AI shits itself and starts spamming the porcupine attack. It's not 100% reliable, but it'll make it easy to beat him.

...Or it would, if I didn't run out of mana, and it'd take me 30 mintues to get back here from the base, because no teleporters. So fuck me, I guess.

What a fucking shitty boss.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

. 3 hours of fighting Bloodless only made me say that the blood rain attack was kinda wonky.

pro tip from a Ys player, a series that usually has bosses that kick you in the nuts:

Take a break

Just now, Shrimperor said:

pro tip from a Ys player, a series that usually has bosses that kick you in the nuts:

Take a break

I mean, I did, with Bloodless. But I don't want to take a break here, because this boss, aside from the luck-based attack, is piss easy. I could've done this an hour ago if the boss didn't have an attack that lets him go "okay, if the RNG rolls a bad pattern you'll have nowhere to hide!" I don't want to go to bed without beating this idiot.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

But I don't want to take a break here, because this boss, aside from the luck-based attack, is piss easy.

TAKE
A
BREAK

Remember the final boss i was struggling with a couple days ago for like 6 hours? A good night's sleep and the day after i rekt him first try

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yep. It's a pain in the arse. I never beat the game because of it either.

I have also learned that if you run out of Aeion, it's even harder. The part where you have to Spider-Ball up it's drills (kinda like Megaleg in Mario Galaxy) definitely was designed with Phase Drift in mind. Or it feels like it anyway.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Yek0vudw o

So uh, mind telling me where the safe spot is, there?

Gunvolt moment.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

TAKE
A
BREAK

Remember the final boss i was struggling with a couple days ago for like 6 hours? A good night's sleep and the day after i rekt him first try

^^^^^

Sometimes you just get burned out and play worse than you did when you started. Walking away and trying again helps.

Okay, yeah, fuck this. I need to go to bed, because I'm actually starting to scream in rage.

I really hope this game doesn't have any more bosses like this, because otherwise my opinion of it is going to fucking plummet. I don't care what anybody says. This attack is fucking bullshit. Even when I find a safe spot more often than not it is invalidated because the piece of shit boss just lands on me a fraction of a second after the attack passes. It's physically impossible to dodge when that happens.

God fucking damnit.

Oh my God my face is literally red. I haven't been this enraged at  videogame in a long, long time.

And the worst part is that I know I'll still say I love it. Damnit, one unfortunately designed boss isn't enough to ruin a game, but it sure as fuck is enough to ruin a night.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, yeah, fuck this. I need to go to bed, because I'm actually starting to scream in rage.

I really hope this game doesn't have any more bosses like this, because otherwise my opinion of it is going to fucking plummet. I don't care what anybody says. This attack is fucking bullshit. Even when I find a safe spot more often than not it is invalidated because the piece of shit boss just lands on me a fraction of a second after the attack passes. It's physically impossible to dodge when that happens.

God fucking damnit.

Relatable. Seriously, ive felt this way more often than I should. It happens to everybody. 

Theres a reason ive done boss fights 200+ attempts.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

y'all losing vs. Bosses makes me feel like i should go and fight some boss and lose, too

It's ok, Drillnaught is down. The actual pattern wasn't that difficult, it just hits really really hard.

I watched the first two episodes of Godzilla Singular Point today, which is good so far. It even got to a monster fight earlier than most Godzilla movies do, but I like the characters enough that there doesn't need to be non-stop action. Also, I was somewhat disappointed that MonsterVerse Rodan didn't use his signature roar, so it's nice to hear it again. Though Mei should've known better than to download a desktop assistant, even if it is voiced by Kira Buckland (and later Cassandra Lee Morris, because she can't get out of voicing nonhuman companions), lest she end up like Joel.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is an interesting way of looking it at. You acknowledge that is is very similar but because this style of game is so rare in the first place, it actually works to it's advantage.

Well there is supply and demand, and currently there isn't so much supply of "low-stats, heavy use of "Action Command QTEs" JRPGs". If Bug Fables were a roguelike- to name a game genre I think is presently oversaturated, it would be harder pressed to be original. Since why would I choose it over forty other titles I could play? 

Regardless of underproduction and supersaturation, quality matters. Bug Fables would be tragedy if it was an honest effort to fill a niche, but was awful. However, everything the game borrows, it smoothly executes, maybe not perfectly, but I dare not call it amateur or "Kickstarter fiasco".

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, I have encountered the Drillnaught or whatever it was that roadblocked @Interdimensional Observer from beating Samus Returns.

Yessiree! That is the monstrosity that stopped me and made me wish someone had instituted one of those lame Super Guides from NSMB or an easy mode, if just for that one fight.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Aaaaaand I see the issue. The Drillnaught is a Mega Man boss in a Metroid game, very cool. One hit from it's drills and kiss an energy tank good bye. And unlike literally every enemy in the game you can't counter this one.

You say this, and you remind me that while I can usually handle Mega Man platforming, the Robot Masters/Mavericks are where I explode. Don't ask me to do the usual pre-final fight boss rush with no backup E Tanks and just the Mega Buster, I'll be in the scrapyard by the fourth of eight rematches, if not sooner.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, Drillnaught is down. The actual pattern wasn't that difficult, it just hits really really hard.

Thank you for dismantling it! 

Maybe I give it another go. Except not having played the game in years is going to make me rustier than the rogue machine itself and I'll be even less capable of getting through it.

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

y'all losing vs. Bosses makes me feel like i should go and fight some boss and lose, too

Try fighting Like a Dragon's final boss, then

They can definitely help you with losing.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You say this, and you remind me that while I can usually handle Mega Man platforming, the Robot Masters/Mavericks are where I explode. 

Honestly, I'm kinda the same way. Granted, the only Mega Man (as in, Mega Man, not MMZ) game I've played to completion is Mega Man 2 and some bosses did require restore point abuse from me.

And I will admit in the Azure Striker Gunvolt games, which have very Mega Man-like boss patterns, I have not beaten them without the use of Prevasion (as long as you have EP, take no damage), except for that one time in the first game where you absolutely must do the final level without that ability to get the true end.

Edited by Armagon