Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Tomorrow I will begin CrossCode. @Armagon I would prepare if I were you. You made me do this, now you have to accept the consequences. If I find any flaws at all, I will hold you and only you responsible for any pain I may suffer. It will be a burden, forever heavy on your soul.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hooray, the Xbox arrived! I can now play Yakuza at a framerate above 10!

Congrats, and thank heaven for that! That sounds awful, haha.

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Congrats, and thank heaven for that! That sounds awful, haha.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Which Xbox did you get?

Series S! It was shockingly cheap, (About 150$ less than a PS5 or PS4, and actually less than Xbox 1s on Amazon) so I managed to get my parents to spot me the extra 15$ I needed to afford it. I was intending to save for a PS5, but since games on it would be about 80-100$ apiece as opposed to Gamepass making 'em very cheap, I decided this would have been a better purchase anyways.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Thank you!

Series S! It was shockingly cheap, (About 150$ less than a PS5 or PS4, and actually less than Xbox 1s on Amazon) so I managed to get my parents to spot me the extra 15$ I needed to afford it. I was intending to save for a PS5, but since games on it would be about 80-100$ apiece as opposed to Gamepass making 'em very cheap, I decided this would have been a better purchase anyways.

Oh, nice! Enjoy it!Ā 

Final mandatory upgrade obtained! Amazingly, it ended up being a breeze. Next to noĀ real threat of death at almost any point along the way. And then I spent a half-hour trying to jump from platform to platform trying to take my preferred exit. MPĀ has an unexpectedly large amount of jumping for a first-person game, maybeĀ a little too much. I could've taken an alternative exit, it would've been shorter factoring thanĀ my many missteps,Ā but, I didn't feel like shooting up more pirates.

Now it is time to find those two missing optional upgrades,Ā the remaining 9 Artifacts (I still remember where two of them are),Ā and as many expansions as I as can get.Ā I'll settle for 75-99%ing this game and watch the 100% ending after I vanquish the final boss myself. I'll sweep region by region, shouldn't take too long. Now, where to start...Ā 

Back when I saw the game more than I played it, I remember fondly looking at the early pages of the game guideĀ with Samus's suits and weapons shown and described. I thought it was in awe of it. Her Power Suit, its Arm Cannon, and all the accoutrements, they still induce a sense of wonder. The Zero Suit is a zero out of ten, Sammy isn't herself without her full arsenal.

Ā 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

or for when you got a game over and you gotta try again.

Whats a Game Over? Surely I can't be the only oneĀ have the sudden urge to hit the "Quit Game" option in the menu sometimes?

Ā 

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Powerups are well hidden in Prime.

Energy Tanks as I said before don't seem so bad, I got most of them on my own -albeit partly because of ancient memories. But if you take time to look, they on the whole seem easier to discover than Missiles, and Missiles aren't as important as health. I've 160 Missiles now. Probably would've been 125 admittedly without accidental guide help. But that would still be enough I think, who seriously burns through 250?Ā 

When iĀ get the chance, ill have to check my very first Metroid Prime run, and see how (poorly) I did with collection.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The character designs are wonderful and the story is surprisingly great (even if it does have a bit too many Hubert moments, and the ending's... utterly ridiculous)

I'm curious. Why?

Unfortunately, the gameplay is plagued by all the quintessential GBAFE issues

That are?

The general consensus here seems to be "GBAFE bad"

Is it?

For those who value story over gameplay, however, it does get my recommendation. I think those folks would love it.

Duly noted.

Hpods1bd o

*Looks over to the mass grave of his fellow soldiers*

Ruben: "see, i'm good".

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Powerups are well hidden in Prime.

Well this Energy Tank wasn't. I literally just Morph Ball'd into where i thought i was supposed to go and then found an e-tank at a dead end.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tomorrow I will begin CrossCode. @Armagon I would prepare if I were you. You made me do this, now you have to accept the consequences. If I find any flaws at all, I will hold you and only you responsible for any pain I may suffer. It will be a burden, forever heavy on your soul.

Me when i get to Banner Saga.

Ā 

51 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

20210709001534_1.jpg

Trails confirmed?

Bro please tell me you aren't playing Ys with mouse and keyboard.

Bro please tell me you just forgot to change the interface.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But if you take time to look, they on the whole seem easier to discover than Missiles, and Missiles aren't as important as health.

True. I've noticed it's a lot easier to take damage in this game. I nearly died to the Hive Mecha because all the bugs were just zippin' around.

I ENJOYED FIGHTING THE INCINERARY DRONE AND REDUCING A WASP NEST TO ASHESĀ IN THE PROCESS.

Edited by Armagon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well this Energy Tank wasn't. I literally just Morph Ball'd into where i thought i was supposed to go and then found an e-tank at a dead end.

Tbf,Ā they need to throw you a few, bosses can be pretty difficult. Even the space pirates later game can push you depending on what mode your on.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ā 

I am not don't worry lol

The game auto changes interface hence when i pressed F12 to take a pic it auto changed to Keyboard xD

50 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I'm curious. Why?

Well

Spoiler

The dead goddess comes back from the dead, which would be shocking if it wasn't for the fact that like, literally every villain except for two of them does the same thing at least once. She acts all casual-like, tells the dark lord and her own daughter to stop fighting and get along, and then she just... Vanishes again and everything is okay.

The game ends, quite literally, on a deus ex machina. God comes out of nowhere and stops the fighting. No build-up to it at all. It just happens. Oh, and she acts like Phina.

It's a bit of a shame, because the story is otherwise pretty excellent and takes some most unexpected turns. It would've ended on a really high note if the creator hadn't chickened out on the confrontation between the titular Dark Lord and the Maiden of Light.

Ā 

That are?

Supports requiring that you stick units together for a hundred turns, enemy phase heavy gameplay with little incentive not to turtle, knights getting screwed over by their movement, broken Jeigan that lasts the whole game (not quite Seth, but definitely on Marcus's level)... To its credit, though, it does fix the issue of handaxes ad javelins being the best weapons in the game.

...by making them so rare that you hardly get to use them at all. And then it adds a couple of flaws of its own to the pile, being the near complete lack of useful staves for the player and a horrible lategame. Soooo yeah.

Is it?

In this thread, at least.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Looks over to the mass grave of his fellow soldiers*

Ruben: "see, i'm good".

I shudder to think what'd happen if I were given a country. I think I'd rather have Ratface overthere...

Me when i get to Banner Saga.

No, you'll like it unconditionally.

Bro please tell me you just forgot to change the interface.

Fuck controllers. I've played 99% of games with mouse and keyboard. I could play Ys with 'em, no sweat.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I beat Ys Origin Nightmare with keyboard and mouse. With all three of them.

Well, at least General ConsensusĀ isn't Everyone'sĀ Consensus.

Just cheesed another superboss in Atelier Firis, how's your day?

....but for real, i did not deserve to win that fight lmao. Yes it was on easy mode but if the only reason i didn't lost was because i stocked up on revives and lightning items. Song was cool btw.

Anyways here's one for the Fate fans here

2021070819480300-43853DAE8345DDE11CA6704

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

shudder to think what'd happen if I were given a country.

Well luckily there's an entire franchise about that. Civ, Crusader Kings, etc.

Now watch as you run Spain into the ground.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I could play Ys with 'em, no sweat.

Classic Ys sure but modern Ys does not seem fun with mouse+keyboard.

Speaking of, some CrossCode fans argue that mouse+keyboard is the best way to play so there you go.

Man, things are really boring rn

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Supports requiring that you stick units together for a hundred turns,

Why the hack creator thought it was a good idea to keep things this way?

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

knights getting screwed over by their movement

Literally every game

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck controllers. I've played 99% of games with mouse and keyboard. I could play Ys with 'em, no sweat.

Even fighting games?

Screenshot_4622.png

Screenshot_4623.png

Screenshot_4624.png

Screenshot_4625.png

Screenshot_4626.png

Screenshot_4627.png

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Banner Saga good.

Sooks tell me who your favorite Banner Saga character is so i can kill them off.

Although it's probably the one in your pfp.

Screenshot_4636.png

Looked up the second game, what the fuck do you mean Princess Crown came as DLC for for the Japanese version of 13 Sentinels?

Literally what do the two games have to do with each other?