• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

AT Delay,

Doesn’t that not work on bosses? I admit I kind of assumed it didn’t since they seem to be immune to everything in this game, but that would probably be overkill anywhere else.

Heal in a pinch,

Yep, that was good, used it in the boss battle, even.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

He can give CP to his allies,

Somehow I forgot about this one. You’re right then.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, that's enough CrossCode for now. Remember that hack I said I found? Well, I found another one. This one has a timeskip, and half the males grow a beard after it, which means I simply must play it. It's called The Lonely Mirror, I'll let you know how it goes if you guys want.

Watch you get all the males killed before the timeskip takes place.

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Doesn’t that not work on bosses? I admit I kind of assumed it didn’t since they seem to be immune to everything in this game, but that would probably be overkill anywhere else.

What Shrimpy said!

I'm still waiting for the one with an event changing depending on which button you pressed in the "Press any button" title screen.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

That's just you with brown hair.

Actually, now that you mention it, he really does look really similar to my pfp.

...Except his stache actually reaches his beard. I'm jealous.

Wdfd3qn9 o

Wow... Man, I think this game was made for me. Even if I don't think I'll get that particular beard on my team. He's a bit too possessed, as can be obviously discerned from his first (and so far only) two lines. But that's all right, I'm still counting on the guy from before.

...Mostly because in one of the trailers the creator of the hack posted in the FEUniverse thread, he can be seen as a playable character. He's a male pegasus knight, and his beard was incorporated to his combat sprite as well. How amazing is that? I don't usually like peggie knights, but I think this calls for an exception.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Except that idiot with the spikey green hair, but I can tell I'm going to love him by the end of this, even if it's for all the wrong reasons.

Apollo is the funniest character in the entire game. Especially on NG+ (the game acknowledges that you have things you aren't supposed to have and Apollo really really doesn't take to kind to it.

Anyways, glad you're enjoying it. 

Also it's up to you if you want to or not but since item drops in a normal playthrough are kinda cringe (not as bad as Bloodstained's item drop rates but still pretty bad, at least it felt like), i can give you a completed file so you can do NG+ and fine tune the game to your liking. NG+ lets you skip the entire prologue section (everything on the ship) so you should be able to catch back up fairly quickly).

If you want it tho, i won't be able to give it to you until later tonight, as i gotta get back to work in like 40 minutes.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which makes me think that she goes from first upgrade to final boss in the course of a single day without ever taking a real break. Does that sound insane?

It does but i wonder if her Chozo DNA gives her extra stamina. The manga explains that the only reason Samus was able to even survive on Zebes' harsh environment was because of the Chozo DNA.

And this is all before she starts becoming a biological horror.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Trilogy has a run & gun advantage, on paper at least, can't say how useful it'd be without playing it myself. This advantage exists because you can't run and shoot up, down or to the side while running in the GC versions, only locked-on or straight ahead. Nor can you look down as you jump in GC, for it'll leave you falling where you went to manual aim, this means you can never see where your feet are when you leap, you won't know how much you fell short of getting on another platform or how far you got onto the next.

It feels very natrual and hearing you list the disadvantage of the GC versions makes it feel like Wii is the ideal way to play.

The general consensus online seems to agree, though stating that the GC version has a few sequence breaks not available in the Wii version and thus, is better for speedruns.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

SPOILER_20210709182850_2.jpg

Oh no

OH NO

OH NO

I just finished Origin Nightmare a while ago, Old Worm wants a rematch eh?

Ironically, i think it might actually be easier in this game.

Just now, Armagon said:

Apollo is the funniest character in the entire game

I'm gonna fucking tear him apart, limb by limb, and then leave him to watch as the blood pours out of his veins and into the cold ground. And then when he respawns, I'll break his neck.

How dare he fucking beat me!? He was set up as a joke!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, glad you're enjoying it. 

0/10 not enough beards. Cap'n and Deutschmann don't even have staches!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Also it's up to you if you want to or not but since item drops in a normal playthrough are kinda cringe (not as bad as Bloodstained's item drop rates but still pretty bad, at least it felt like), i can give you a completed file so you can do NG+ and fine tune the game to your liking. NG+ lets you skip the entire prologue section (everything on the ship) so you should be able to catch back up fairly quickly).

I didn't find Bloodstained's item drop rates to be that bad. But to be fair, I rarely went out of my way to get any items, and I focused luck as much as I could.

Also, no. I'm gonna play the game as it is, and then complain about it. In any case, I've already let myself be overwhelmedby like, 10 quests, of which I'll probably do 4 before I get another 10 and forget about half of those too. And then I'll quit the game after 60 hours of getting sidetracked. At least that's what happened with every other open-ended game I've played... Though I imagine this isn't quite so open-ended. Ah, who knows. We'll see.

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

prepare for feels

I was planning to just play a few minutes to get to the end of the chapter and then do work which I no longer have motivation for, hooray but I disabled all my ways of closing the game in full screen mode while trying to prevent my series of unfortunate events from last night, so I skipped all the dialogue stuff without looking at the screen until I could play and went to quit the game that way (through the menu). When I went to do that, I saw

Spoiler

playable Joshua

so… yes. Probably.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

though stating that the GC version has a few sequence breaks not available in the Wii version and thus, is better for speedruns.

The entire reason to play Metroid games. Xd

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare he fucking beat me!? He was set up as a joke!

Imagine losing to Apollo smh.

Now you can't get the achievement where you beat him in all the duels without losing a single round.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least that's what happened with every other open-ended game I've played... Though I imagine this isn't quite so open-ended. Ah, who knows. We'll see.

Nah, this is basically a 2D Zelda game in terms of like, map and stuff. Pretty linear stuff.

Like my first run took me about 20 hours or so, minimal questing. Admittedly, i probably should've done some so i had enough money to buy better gear (equipment is much more important than level). But even then, unless you're going for everything or get stuck on a puzzle, game shouldn't take you more than 30 hours at most.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The entire reason to play Metroid games. Xd

Different strokes for different folks. I'm personally not a fan of sequence breaks in general.

Edit: to clarify, it's cool when someone else does it but that's not my kind of playstyle.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Different strokes for different folks. I'm personally not a fan of sequence breaks in general.

Edit: to clarify, it's cool when someone else does it but that's not my kind of playstyle.

Sure, that's fair. The most notable thing about Metroid games Is just that, though.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure, that's fair. The most notable thing about Metroid games Is just that, though.

Well sure but it's mainly the hardcore players who do that.

Heck, I can't even do bomb jumps right, and that's considered one of the most basic sequence break tricks in the book.

Man, I should've used Zone Setting strategies in Another Eden since forever. They help a lot. At least, when the enemies can't make use of them or implement their own.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ironically, i think it might actually be easier in this game.

51HYZn6.jpg

Poison balls, check

Thunder, check

And he gets a new laser attack

and that's only phase 1

After you deplete his HP bar once, phase 2 starts

Phase 2 he spamms his roll, and he gets a couple new attacks as well

Also there is a poison sea risin behind your ass so you are on a time limit

It's only easier than origin because, well, you have access to items and guard, but i am not item abusing xD

Edited by Shrimperor