Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well sure but it's mainly the hardcore players who do that.

Heck, I can't even do bomb jumps right, and that's considered one of the most basic sequence break tricks in the book.

Wait... Im not hardcore and I do it!

It takes practice, and is actually one of the more advanced techs.

Off topic: good news, I replaced my computers fan and its as good as new! Thank god.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have to give this hack props for this unit called Parvati. She's a Runeseeker, which is a really interesting concept. Basically, she can't use any regular weapons, but she has exclusive access to runes, which act as tomes of all kinds (nosferatu, extended range, effective damage, you name it) but with very few uses. She must explore the maps to find more runes to keep going, which means you have to use her with some moderation so she doesn't run out, but at the same time she won't cost you any money to use, since she produces her own equipment. The areas where she can find runes are like desert item areas, but very big, so it's likely she'll find some just by advancing on the map.

Pretty creative concept. I dig it. I just wish her magic was a bit higher, poor girl's damage leaves something to be desired. Also, I imagine hoarders would suffer greatly using her. So far each rune has only had 6 uses...

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Off topic: good news, I replaced my computers fan and its as good as new! Thank god.

Congrats! I’m glad.

I like how CrossCode makes a big fuss about the generic NPCs not having very advanced AI, and then most of the alleged players act the same, with set bits of dialogue that they keep repeating ad nauseam while standing in the same spot forever.

I mean, I probably should just exercise some suspension of disbelief and accept that the devs weren't going to code human-like behavior for every mook on the game.

...Oooooor I can start suspecting Sergey of foul play for absolutely no reason. I think I'll do that. You stink, Sergey, and not just because you don't shower! Not necessarily.

Okay, starting chapter 4!

Spoiler

Holy heck, Joshua is completely busted. Action 4, EP cut 4, Mind 3, 551 strength without any attack quartz, 43 speed… wow. Just wow.

I like that Joshua isn’t killing random soldiers when he doesn’t have to. When he first jumped in I thought he was slitting their throats, but he’s not killing unnecessarily, so looks like he’s not gonna be a cringy type of edgy.

Also, Joshua Astray on the status screen instead of Joshua bright. 🥲

Edit:

Spoiler

Ohhhh, he’s level 72. That would explain the stats.

Edited by Sooks

Well, it's getting a bit late, so I think I'll leave it there. I have explored some of the snowy mountains. I have no idea what I'm looking for or what I'm supposed to be doing, but so far Emilie doesn't seem to mind me using her as a meatshield when fighting snowmen, so I'll just keep going as I have. Little qualms so far, though I do hope the plot starts picking up sooner than later. The lighthearted anime MMORPG self-aware nonsense, riveting as it is, doesn't interest me nearly as much as the two vague snippets of something more sinister going on underneath.

Being a Yugioh player, ive never seen the appeal to the pokemon TGC. 

I tried and... Nope, its just not interesting to me. Ofc I quit playing a while back, but still have my cards (even if most were cheap)

It's time, boys. I shall persist in the doomed world that I created.

ArtStation - Banner saga fan art, Юлия Константинова

Been feeling tired much of today, due to my interrupted sleep. Didn't feel it right away, but I was finding it difficult to keep my eyes open a few later. I'll sleep well tonight.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

And this is all before she starts becoming a biological horror.

Is she really though? Yoshio Sakamoto, the father of the Metroid franchise, is frequently cited as having declared that Samus's DNA went back to pre-Metroid vaccine, meaning no Metroid DNA, once she absorbed the SA-X. This is why she can use her old Ice Beam again. And nothing was ever said of her becoming part X, contrary to the saying, you aren't what you "eat".

However, with the Federation's proclaimed reason for Samus's next mission being possible X-Parasites, maybe the writers might want to think about retconning the above. Since logically speaking, if Samus is perfectly back to as she was, then she is liable to be reinfected by the X. Miss Aran is already going to be walking along death's edge sneaking past the E.M.M.I.s, she doesn't need SA-Xes waiting for her on the other side of every door. -Which could be evidence the Federation is a bunch of lying bastards.

And for myself, Four-DNA Space Hunter sounds cool and I'd like it to be true. But canon can't be overcome by fan preferences.

though stating that the GC version has a few sequence breaks not available in the Wii version and thus, is better for speedruns.

In particular, the first two prints of the NTSC (North America and Japan) version. The PAL (European) release came later and fixed a bunch of glitches (including the game freezing, forcing resets), fixes which were included in later American and Japanese prints and ports of the game.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm personally not a fan of sequence breaks in general.

Edit: to clarify, it's cool when someone else does it but that's not my kind of playstyle.

I'm of the same mind. And outside of Zero Mission, the developers have sometimes approved of speedrunning, but never sequence breaking.

Maybe they're being anti-fun by being that way, nonlinearity in principle does sound good, even if it isn't for me. As long as making the game sequence breakable doesn't undermine it elsewhere. Although, if sequence breaks are intentional, then how much of a "sequence" is there to break? If the sequence is merely a chronological list of suggestions, then I think it undermines the "raw coolness" of sequence breaking.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Heck, I can't even do bomb jumps right, and that's considered one of the most basic sequence break tricks in the book.

Don't remind me. You're lucky you've got the Spring Ball, maybe you can nab that Energy Tank I simply couldn't.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh boy that battle

Try to beat him for bragging rights

I have been trying, and I’m getting very close.

Clock down is my best friend and only friend since Josette does 0 damage.

11 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's time, boys. I shall persist in the doomed world that I created.

ArtStation - Banner saga fan art, Юлия Константинова

That's two people that have changed their profile picture to Rook. Maybe I should join in and change to my favorite Banner Saga character, Onef.

Anyway, good luck and don't make too many bad choices.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm of the same mind. And outside of Zero Mission, the developers have sometimes approved of speedrunning, but never sequence breaking.

Zero Mission has an endgame picture for a 15% or less completion run in hard mode, which requires Sequence breaks if im not remembering wrong.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is she really though? Yoshio Sakamoto, the father of the Metroid franchise, is frequently cited as having declared that Samus's DNA went back to pre-Metroid vaccine, meaning no Metroid DNA, once she absorbed the SA-X. This is why she can use her old Ice Beam again. And nothing was ever said of her becoming part X, contrary to the saying, you aren't what you "eat".

However, with the Federation's proclaimed reason for Samus's next mission being possible X-Parasites, maybe the writers might want to think about retconning the above. Since logically speaking, if Samus is perfectly back to as she was, then she is liable to be reinfected by the X. Miss Aran is already going to be walking along death's edge sneaking past the E.M.M.I.s, she doesn't need SA-Xes waiting for her on the other side of every door. -Which could be evidence the Federation is a bunch of lying bastards.

And for myself, Four-DNA Space Hunter sounds cool and I'd like it to be true. But canon can't be overcome by fan preferences.

I'd say, can't say I found sense to that statement, if it was ever actually stated. Since why would the Metroid DNA disappear upon absorbing the SA-X? Usage of the Ice Beam can be more easily explained on the Varia Suit protecting her.

I think that harken to the fact she's able to recover abilities by absorbing the X. And restock stuff like missiles too. The X do become what they consume, but whether or not something similar is applying to Samus... well, there was room to think maybe.

For the people thinking it's all Federation trap against Samus, the idea that maybe there was no transmission from ZDR at all would align to that idea...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Also, if memory serves, there are a few speed booster sequence breaks in Fusion. But as I dont run it nearly as often, I dont really know the guts of the game like I do ZM.

Hmm… (SC spoilers)

Spoiler

So Mueller seems to know who Joshua really is, and he even mentioned that Hamel place, but Joshua also seems to be familiar with Mueller. And after figuring this out, he says something like “that must mean he is…” (after uncovering Mueller’s identity, so talking about someone other than Mueller) and since they met Mueller through Olivier, does that mean Olivier has a secret identity too… and, after Mueller tries mentioning something about Hamel and Joshua responds, he says something like “so even that fool’s guesses can be correct…” and there is only one character we know that Mueller thinks of as a fool so… yeah. Olivier is the grandmaster confirmed.

Mueller seems interested in helping Joshua after he confirms his Hamel theory, so I guess he sympathizes with whatever happened to that place. After their fight, Joshua sort of surrounds himself with a colors circle of energy (but not like charging an art type, it was black) and Mueller does the same, and considering that Joshua knows him… could Mueller be ex Ouroboros? 🤔

Just me theorizing.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

gai3ir52bi971.jpg

Facts

Is that Estelle in Cold Steel graphics? 🤔

Edited by Sooks

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Little qualms so far, though I do hope the plot starts picking up sooner than later. The lighthearted anime MMORPG self-aware nonsense, riveting as it is, doesn't interest me nearly as much as the two vague snippets of something more sinister going on underneath.

It'll remain that way until the time is just right. YMMV but it's definitely the slower kind of storytelling approach where it spends time on the characters first and then reveals the big plot. Personally, this is how i prefer stories to be told.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have no idea what I'm looking for or what I'm supposed to be doing,

Just head north up the mountain until you reach Bergen Village. That's where the first main dungeon and it's where the fun truly begins.

Somehow, i can see you redoing the entire dungeon just to beat Emilie at the race.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, with the Federation's proclaimed reason for Samus's next mission being possible X-Parasites, maybe the writers might want to think about retconning the above.

They already have. I believe the prologue of Dread states from Samus' perspective that "they're sending me, the only one immune to the X-parasites, to investigate".

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Which could be evidence the Federation is a bunch of lying bastards.

My theory is that there are no X-parasites and the whole thing is just a set-up so they can extract the X-parasite DNA from within Samus......by any means necessary.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're lucky you've got the Spring Ball,

I don't.

Or was that introduced in the Wii version.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

gai3ir52bi971.jpg

Facts

Nayuta

holographic-universe-640x440-1.jpg?ixlib