• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahah... Oh, c'mon, Sooks. That's too cruel...

Hey, I wasn’t the one who decided that! It was the thread at large. Look on the bright side,

Spoiler

it’s better than being the Folka of the thread.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'll be back later, then.

See you later!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I took a sneak peek at the growth rates document. I haven't been looking at it, because... well, honestly, I don't really care about growths as much as unique faces and unit ideas.

She has a 5% speed growth. The rest are regular enough prepromote growths, but then there's the 5% speed. She's like Barth, except instead of resistance her meme stat is the most important stat in the game.

I love this woman.

G0m3Y2y.png

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'll be back later, then.

See ya. 👋

Just now, Sooks said:
eveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Are they dead or evil?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, I wasn’t the one who decided that! It was the thread at large.

The thread is wrong.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Look on the bright side,

Hide contents

Hah! I guess so, yes.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

G0m3Y2y.png

For fuck's sake, 06. I don't love her that way!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hide contents

Are they dead or evil?

Twilit no! My plan is for everyone to play Banner Saga blind!

That being said,

Spoiler

she dies for most players on a blind run because her death is easy to fall for.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Twilit no! My plan is for everyone to play Banner Saga blind!

That being said,

Hide contents

she dies for most players on a blind run because her death is easy to fall for.

Spoiler

Ah, I see.

Just now, Sooks said:

Ruben.txt

Ruben in this thread

70c0fd589c46d23c7329ea5fc4cb26e07c33206c

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ruben.txt

Well, at least it's better than when I went to college and lived in a student housing for a few months. Everyone there hated me because they thought I was an arrogant, irascible prick.

...I really hope I don't come across that way here. The day one of them got drunk enough to tell me to my face I cried myself to sleep.

I mean, the guy felt bad the next day and came to apologize and say that they misunderstood, and from there things actually did get better with them. Until I started to get depressed because of college instead and just couldn't bear it anymore. I tell you guys, the first night after I quit college and returned to sleep in the comfort of my home instead of a place full of drunken students? One of the best nights of my life. I slept like a baby.

...Where was I going with this again...?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ruben in this thread

70c0fd589c46d23c7329ea5fc4cb26e07c33206c

B-Baka thread

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really hope I don't come across that way here. The day one of them got drunk enough to tell me to my face I cried myself to sleep.

nah, dont worry about that. 

1 minute ago, Benice said:

btw @twilitfalchion, I plan to play Luna Nights at some point soon! Well, soon-ish.

:danayay:

Nice. Hope you enjoy it!

Game Pass. right?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I really hope I don't come across that way here.

Not at all.

The day one of them got drunk enough to tell me to my face I cried myself to sleep.

I’m sorry to hear that, man.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

nah, dont worry about that. 

Not at all.

Heh, well, thanks!

I’m sorry to hear that, man.

Got awfully emotional there for a sec, didn't I... Well, don't worry about me. It wasn't a great experience, but I do have a few fond memories.

For instance, I played TRS for the first time at that place! That and Vandal Hearts. I think I was playing Vandal Hearts when one of them came in and commented on how old and boring the game looked. Psch... Oh, well.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, at least it's better than when I went to college and lived in a student housing for a few months. Everyone there hated me because they thought I was an arrogant, irascible prick.

...I really hope I don't come across that way here. The day one of them got drunk enough to tell me to my face I cried myself to sleep.

You don’t come across that way to me, and I doubt you come across that way to others here because then they wouldn’t be as joke-y with you, at least in my experience.

And I was jus trying to joke about how you tend to disagree with the thread at large on games, which is okay! They are just games after all.

...Where was I going with this again...?

Probably trying to get someone to play Berwick.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

For instance, I played TRS for the first time at that place! That and Vandal Hearts. I think I was playing Vandal Hearts when one of them came in and commented on how old and boring the game looked. Psch... Oh, well.

Vandal Hearts is alright actually. MC gets a totally bonkers but fun to use class (if you can unlock it).

Its hard too, very hard.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You don’t come across that way to me, and I doubt you come across that way to others here because then they wouldn’t be as joke-y with you, at least in my experience.

And I was jus trying to joke about how you tend to disagree with the thread at large on games, which is okay! They are just games after all.

Of course, of course. Love ya guys. But you have poor taste if you disagree with me.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Probably trying to get someone to play Berwick.

Pffft...

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Vandal Hearts is alright actually. MC gets a totally bonkers but fun to use class (if you can unlock it).

Its hard too, very hard.

I remember I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I dropped it halfway for... some reason I cannot remember. Perhaps I should pick it up again one of these days. I still have the totally legit copy I got at the time from my uncle at N... from my cousin at Sony.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You definitely don't come across that way to me!

Pffft...

I was joking there too, of course!

I’m sure that’s obvious, I just wanted to be completely transparent.

Xiaomu fanart? In 2021? Based.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't head back to Flaaghra's room for now then.

Yeah, i did read that three showed up there according to the walkthrough i looked up.

I saved after getting the ice beam and ended my session for now.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

A tiny pebble compared to Earth's size, and yet it was enough to cause a chain reaction that resulted in over 60% of all lifeforms on Earth just dying off.
Compared to that, a nuke is but an ant's fart. A very destructive ant's fart, yes, but an ant's fart nonetheless.

Yeah, impact velocity.

...so if you take a nuke and accelerate it really really fast so that it hits Earth at the velocity that wiped out the dinosaurs......

Yeah, definitely. Now, I do not mind unusual boss fights, but this one kinda did not do it for me, with the currents you have to use to get back up to the platforms should Oceanus decide to knock you off/post attacking its weak point for massive damage , and the projectile plants. It had all the makings to be a really great boss fight, but all in all, it just kinda fell flat to me.

Yeah, that's how i feel about Kraid in the Metroid games. He's a recurring antagonist (though compared to Mother Brain and Ridley, he's only shown up a measly two amount of times canonically, three if Retro had enough time to add him into Metroid Prime) but he's hardly a threat compared to his fellow Space Pirate commanders.

Which is honestly a shame cause Kraid is a Kaiju and Kaiju are cool.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Lc8XP28.png

current Ys map and where each game took place

The final Ys game ends with him reuniting with Feena (i'm assuming her case stone-itis isn't permanent) and the two discover Not America.

Unless Not America doesn't exist and it really is just a vortex.

In all seriousness, a game taking place in the future, where he passes his torch to someone else, would be great, I believe.
Imagine, that protagonist in the series lore, basically continuing Adol's novelization of adventures throughout the world, out of a personal desire for discovery as well as out of respect for their teacher

Would be pretty great although i would hope it's well received. 

According to Shirmpy, Origins caused a bit of an outrage when everyone's favorite redhead wasn't around.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

So 92 more games to go xD

Ah, One Piece.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone there hated me because they thought I was an arrogant, irascible prick.

...I really hope I don't come across that way here.

Well thankfully, you've never come across that way. Even during our rivalries haha.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The final Ys game ends with him reuniting with Feena (i'm assuming her case stone-itis isn't permanent) and the two discover Not America.

smh didn't even play Ys 1/2 and already a Feenafag

but...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Unless Not America doesn't exist and it really is just a vortex

yes.

Well an Island is remaining, where Ys 6 takes place in said vortex

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

smh didn't even play Ys 1/2 and already a Feenafag

I have yet to beat a Ys game that stars Adol lol.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

yes.

Well an Island is remaining, where Ys 6 takes place in said vortex

Well then. I guess Adol just has to go east to Not Asia inb4 it doesn't exist either.

Also i just noticed that Ersia has a region literally called "Europe Region" lmaooooo.