• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

port is known to be really bad

It's why i am so hesistant on the game.

Bad ports, huh.

These damned game devs and their CoNsOLeS. Eugh! Repugnant! They should always develop for PC.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I actually suck at explaining just why I love this game so much. xD
It's an entirely personal thing, but the game just does everything right for me! It gives me an incredibly engaging story, an incredibly heartbreaking (and heartwarming) romance, incredibly fun gameplay (think Ys mixed with Warriors), a locale I absolutely love exploring (even though the scope of the game is one city that also constitutes an entire island), and of course a very excellent soundtrack! I also like the characters the most out of any game I've played (there are only, like, nine of them in the entire thing, but they are all great to me). And all of the boss battles just make me giddy with joy, just when I browse through the many (MANY) screenshots I took while playing this!

Also, I played it on PS4, but trust me, all versions of this game had mixed reception (which also makes it hard for me to recommend).I just so happened to be the one this game really, really spoke to!

Hey, I'm no stranger to that. I've enjoyed somewhat reviled games in the past. Heck, some of my favorites are obscure games that nobody really knows about.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright, fair enough! 

Amazing job, Ruben!

Good.

More.

...Nah just kidding, greed ain't no good.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlames

Well, i couldn't win xD

Bosses in this game aren't designed for Solo at all (i have time on party mode recorded ~4 Minutes)

BRO!

I think I already know my favorite boss in Ys IX! xD

Man, that was tense! Thanks for showing this! ^^
When he actually burst into flames, I legit thought "Yep, that's DragonFlames the Second... literally". XD

And you did really well! Almost had him, too! Nice! ^^

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I'm no stranger to that. I've enjoyed somewhat reviled games in the past.

All a matter of taste, as they say!

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, some of my favorites are obscure games that nobody really knows about.

Same here, haha
One such game would be Blue Reflection for me. I love it. Nobody I know has even heard of it prior to me bringing it up a lot.
But outside of that, it seems to have been well-known enough to not only get a sequel, but also an anime adaptation, so... what the hell do I know, really? xD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Man, that was tense! Thanks for showing this! ^^

cA2gIuu.png

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

When he actually burst into flames, I legit thought "Yep, that's DragonFlames the Second... literally". XD

It's like they fused him with Giasburn xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And you did really well! Almost had him, too! Nice! ^^

i think with 20-30 more minutes i could've done it, but i wasn't in the mood to try more and didn't want to keep you waiting xD

That, and well, it's not designed for solo'ing at all considering Flame burst can one shot you xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

cA2gIuu.png

^^

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It's like they fused him with Giasburn xD

True, haha!
I like his design in this game! It looks great!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

think with 20-30 more minutes i could've done it, but i wasn't in the mood to try more and didn't want to keep you waiting xD

I see! ^^

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That, and well, it's not designed for solo'ing at all considering Flame burst can one shot you xD

They definitely upgraded him from Ys VIII, like you said! xD

By the by, that dark energy stuff on Adol's sword looked neat! Is that something he gets in the story?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So her kid isn't a sexualized mess. Attaboy, Awakening! I almost regret letting Nowi get skewered in the desert.

...I mean, I didn't even mean to, I forgot to move her--

Wait did you like legitimately not know who Nah was?

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I also praise CS stuff once every decade

*clears throat*

I thought the Hoelyn/Athol solo map in Vestaria Saga was pretty neat.

Ok that's enough Kaga praising for a lifetime.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Million jokes are just too easy. Never name your kid anything even remotely resembling the word "million."

How about Million Arthur

latest.png?width=196&height=432

Sadly she doesn't exist anymore because she was DLC in Megadimension Neptunia and she's the personification of a Square Enix franchise and they let the contract expire so Idea Factory ain't allowed to sell this specific DLC anymore.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

And black hairs are best.

Indeed Twilit.

Ok so the tier list is black > brunette > blonde > everything else really.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

You're making me want to see bearded Arnice...

So that's why your profile changed. I am very confused.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Or do it like TX and add a time limit between items

CrossCode does this.

But on NG+ you can remove that time-limit. Or make it longer. Or just make it so you can't use items at all.

sadly tho gameplay:Story ratio is way too low, because the gameplay is fucking enjoyable and needed like, double the amount

Play Metroid Shrimpy. The amount of mainline Metroid games with dialogue can be counted on one hand. 

I'd also recommend something like Kid Icarus Uprising (i'd recomend this to Draggy as well), which has a perfectly balanced gameplay:story ratio (as the story happens at the same time as the gameplay) which is 100% up your alley except for the fact that it is the actual worst game to emulate and i don't think you have a 3DS laying around. So i'd suggest Gunvolt instead, which does something similar with it's gameplay:story ratio.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Excellent.

Absolutely magnificent.

Brings a tear to my eye, it does.

Glory be to beards.

I would like to let you know that Beard Blade is coming out this month.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

By the by, that dark energy stuff on Adol's sword looked neat! Is that something he gets in the story?

story spoilers umu

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ok that's enough Kaga praising for a lifetime

we all did our qouta today eh?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kid Icarus Uprising

Switch Port when?

I'd also recommend something like Kid Icarus Uprising

Seeing this makes me think about me being left-handed playing alot of the game on the highest difficulty with right handed controls. Damn that was difficult to learn!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Switch Port when?

God i wish. And while i do think it's potentially doable (Astral Chain and CrossCode have shown me that controlling something else with the other control stick works well), i totally understand why it hasn't happened yet.

But it is the best game on the 3DS and while i wouldn't call it underrated, i would like for more people to play it.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Seeing this makes me think about me being left-handed playing alot of the game on the highest difficulty with right handed controls. Damn that was difficult to learn!

Oh yeah, if you're left handed, you're pretty much fucked. It's either Circle Pad Pro or awkwardly remapping the movement to the face buttons, the former costing money,

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

story spoilers umu

I see! ^^

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

we all did our qouta today eh?

Oh, we praisin' a game we don't like?
Dangit, I forgot! xD

Uh, uh...
The Great Sign is an awesome theme!

There, that's all the praise Strange Journey Redux gets from me. xD
I didn't want to go with Conquest, for variety's sake. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, if you're left handed, you're pretty much fucked. It's either Circle Pad Pro or awkwardly remapping the movement to the face buttons, the former costing money,

game design/10

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

game design/10

I mean, it is a very good game but game controllers are inherently designed for right hand use. Sucks for lefties and it should change but that's how it is right now sadly.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait did you like legitimately not know who Nah was?

Nope. Before I played Awakening I always said it was my least known FE, and when I finally did play it I murdered everyone before they could have children lol

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So that's why your profile changed. I am very confused.

Ahem, I'd just like to say, for the record, the edit is mine. I made it. I am responsible for this turn of events. I am very important. I am strong and wise. I am very proud of me. I have become a far greater jedi than you'll ever be--

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

would like to let you know that Beard Blade is coming out this month.

I mean, it is a very good game but game controllers are inherently designed for right hand use. Sucks for lefties and it should change but that's how it is right now sadly.

I know it is, i wouldnt have played most the game on 9.0 difficulty if it wasnt! Deathless on every level I completed on that difficulty, of course! 

Doesnt justify it, though.

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

know it is, i wouldnt have played most the game on 9.0 difficulty if it wasnt! Deathless on every level I completed on that difficulty, of course! 

Well it would have to be deathless cause you only get one shot haha.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well it would have to be deathless cause you only get one shot haha.

Wait, I messed that up, I meant without lowering the difficulty. Im foolish, and disregard my earlier stupid moment.

IMG_20210718_184112.jpg

I really do like seeing the characters talk about little things like this.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, I messed that up, I meant without lowering the difficulty. Im foolish, and disregard my earlier stupid moment.

Ay man chill. We all make mistakes.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

started X nuzlocke

need names fast

plz

Ruben.

Be sure that this is the first 'mon to die.

Edited by Armagon

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

started X nuzlocke

need names fast

plz

Find a metapod and call it Derrick for me.

If there isn't a metapod in whatever game you're playing, then find the closest thing.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben.

I support this idea.

My team as of now: Ruben the Pansage, Derrick the Scatterbug, Mata Sapo the Chespin and Incelren the Bunnelby.

GDqlsnc.png

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Find a metapod and call it Derrick for me.

If there isn't a metapod in whatever game you're playing, then find the closest thing.

Unfortunately Metapod is Y-exclusive, so named the Scatterbug Derrick instead. She will become this in the near future.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ruben.

Pansage sucks and I'm not going to evolve him, so he'll probably become a sacrificial lamb.

Incelren

... Done. I'll trade him to get a Farfetch'd.