Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Armagon said:

I won't lie, this was pretty dumb. Metroid occasionally has those moments where you just go ?????? but it's only really bad in Super Metroid and Prime 1.

Fusion has two other moments that made me go ????? but they're far apart. Other than that, the game is very straightforward, to the point that some fans kinda don't like it as much.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well in this specific case, you could be off by a pixel and it wouldn't trigger. At least the breakable blocks are more generous with the hitboxes.

Yeah, that's what happened to me. I did bomb the floor, but I missed the tile, so when nothing happened I just assumed there had to be something else I was missing.

Oh, well. Good to know there's only a couple moments like this in this game. I do find it rather funny that people complained about it, though...

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Complained that's how it is, or complained of the people complaining about it?

This reminds me once seeing a playthrough where they also got stuck on the pit for a bit, since they only bombed a little, then started just jumping and firing the beam. Comments were filled with exasperations they didn't bomb the entire segment of floor.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, well. Good to know there's only a couple moments like this in this game. I do find it rather funny that people complained about it, though...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Complained that's how it is, or complained of the people complaining about it?

I think Ruben is talking about the straightforward-ness. The main critique of Fusion is that it's "too linear" and you can't really sequence break it.

That said, this is mainly a minority. Most people don't seem to mind.

I'm stuck again.

Oof... Welp, time to bomb every spec of dirt and see if I find any more random poles.

EDIT: Never mind I'm just an idiot

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think Ruben is talking about the straightforward-ness.

Actually, I was just talking about your comment about people complaining that this game didn't feature as many poles in the ground with no indication that they're there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof... Welp, time to bomb every spec of dirt and see if I find any more random poles.

iirc, there's no more poles. Not that I remember anyway (though I can't remember what every room looks like).

Usually it's just breakable blocks.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I was just talking about your comment about people complaining that this game didn't feature as many poles in the ground with no indication that they're there.

Well that's kinda what I meant with the straightforward-ness. Fusion's linearity means you usually won't end up in a place you aren't supposed to be at yet, something that can definitely happen in Super and Prime 1.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

@Shrimperor

Remember Ys 8's bonus boss in Silent Tower?
And how super hard he is?
Well... the final final raid in the game has you fight not one, but THREE of that guy.

Stamp301.png

I mean... I'm holding out, but... holy hell!

They want revenge.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, never mind the never mind. I am stuck. Damnit...

Show screenshot.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

@Shrimperor

Remember Ys 8's bonus boss in Silent Tower?
And how super hard he is?
Well... the final final raid in the game has you fight not one, but THREE of that guy.

Stamp301.png

I mean... I'm holding out, but... holy hell!

yeah that raid....

was something lol

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

They want revenge.

Yup! xD

Also, now a boss from the dungeon in Dana's part of the game showed up.
Three times.
On top of those three other guys.
On top of dinosaurs.
On top of super beefy zombie pirates.

Oh.
My.
God!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yeah that raid....

was something lol

Yyyyyup! xD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup! xD

Also, now a boss from the dungeon in Dana's part of the game showed up.
Three times.
On top of those three other guys.
On top of dinosaurs.
On top of super beefy zombie pirates.

Oh.
My.
God!

tumblr_23262c111487977e659a1e39906caa4d_

Oho.

You know, 10 year old me was smarter than 22 year old me. I thought that maybe the pole thing had got me to quit back in the day, but no, I actually made it to this part. Huh.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oho.

You know, 10 year old me was smarter than 22 year old me. I thought that maybe the pole thing had got me to quit back in the day, but no, I actually made it to this part. Huh.

That's something to be said about people.

Alright, so now all that is left is get the last entry into the People section, which requires me to beat the final boss(es) again, and then beat the game again, with the True Ending... on Nightmare... oh god. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Hurray, I have unlocked the ability to run a little faster after running for 10 hours without stopping. Now I can break into the pump room and do whatever I'm supposed to do there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio