Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The boss rush for the Eternian bosses will be amazing, though, probably! Those were some of the most fun ones! Especially Io!

that one i lasted until Io (on Nightmare)

Io's problem for me is that i suck with Dana's Green form xD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I want to at the very least attempt one with Dana, because she's by far my favorite character in this game, both personality and playstyle-wise

Understandable, these are perfect reasons for wanting to do so. 

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that one i last until Io (on Nightmare)

Io's problem for me is that i suck with Dana's Green form xD

I see! Yeah, that makes sense, considering Gratika Style is what you have to use the most (or at least it felt that way when I fought Io).

I THINK I am semi-decent with Gratika Style? I know characters in Warriors games that play similarly to her (as in, they are slow, but strong), also Arnice in Nights of Azure when you switch to the Hammer form of her weapon, so I'm somewhat used to that kind of playstyle, but it is definitely the form I am the worst with, as well, compared to normal and especially Luminous Style.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Understandable, these are perfect reasons for wanting to do so. 

^^

Edited by DragonFlames

Before proceeding to sector 6, I have decided to backtrack a bit and check the other sectors for areas I'd missed due to my lack of abilities.

I have been rewarded by going through a whole area that made use of all of my abilities... Until I ran into a high ledge that I cannot reach because I need to jump even higher than I can after the jump upgrade. So I have gained nothing and now I have to walk all the way back.

Well, that's what I get, I guess. Should've known better than to do anything in this game and expect not to get punked.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Okay, I think that's enough for a night. Judging by the stuff I have now and the estimated length of the game according to the internet, I think I'm roughly halfway through. So that's nice, I can wrap it up tomorrow, unless the devs pull the mother of all trollings - which I wouldn't put past them.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, I think that's enough for a night. Judging by the stuff I have now and the estimated length of the game according to the internet, I think I'm roughly halfway through. So that's nice, I can wrap it up tomorrow, unless the devs pull the mother of all trollings - which I wouldn't put past them.

I think that depends mostly on you, haha!

Edited by lightcosmo

Toal on steroids and crack. Faster than a BMW on the Autobahn.

That should be the line she says whenever she transforms into it. XD

Aka super fun xD

Oh yeah, 100%! ^^

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

'Solo secion'' BGM of both games

I see!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Like Dana's much more

both BGM and the gameplay xD

I haven't played it yet, so I can't comment, but the BGM thing is definitely accurate! xD
The BGM for Dana's section is one of my favorite area themes in the game, after all!
Really only Iclucian Dance is one I like a bit more... and that's associated with Dana, too! xD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Before proceeding to sector 6, I have decided to backtrack a bit and check the other sectors for areas I'd missed due to my lack of abilities.

I have been rewarded by going through a whole area that made use of all of my abilities... Until I ran into a high ledge that I cannot reach because I need to jump even higher than I can after the jump upgrade. So I have gained nothing and now I have to walk all the way back.

Well, that's what I get, I guess. Should've known better than to do anything in this game and expect not to get punked.

There will be a time where you can just go around through all the Sectors getting anything you might've missed for not having all your abilities. But we're talking "just before you receive your final mission" time, like some games do.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I think that depends mostly on you, haha!

Watch, I'll step on some pit blocks and the game will take all of my upgrades from me and make me play the entire game all over again.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

There will be a time where you can just go around through all the Sectors getting anything you might've missed for not having all your abilities. But we're talking "just before you receive your final mission" time, like some games do.

Duly noted.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That should be the line she says whenever she transforms into it. XD

Gratika! Toal on Steroids!

haven't played it yet, so I can't comment,

it's Ys Kaga edition

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Duly noted.

That said, it's also a point of no return of sorts, so be wary on that. Well, once you get at that point, we could get in detail about that.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Gratika! Toal on Steroids!

XD

Actually... just timeline-wise, wouldn't Dana's parts take place long, LONG before Ys Origin?
Since the game explicitly said that humans only came along after the Eternians were long gone.

And that would make Toal a mini-Dana. xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's Ys Kaga edition

IfGaSqE.png

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, it's also a point of no return of sorts, so be wary on that. Well, once you get at that point, we could get in detail about that.

Ehh I don't mind missing an upgrade or two, to be honest. I'll be glad to just get out of this with all my limbs attached, let alone get the Sooks% lol

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Actually... just timeline-wise, wouldn't Dana's parts take place long, LONG before Ys Origin?

yes

long long long before

Eternians were Dino people, after all.

Well, before they got retconned out of existence 😕

IfGaSqE.png

Chika!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yes

long long long before

Eternians were Dino people, after all.

So... Dana's parts take place at least 65 million years in the past.

They never outright confirm this, but just going by real life dates (and please, this world has a Rome, Africa, and Europe, so...), that would be the only logical conclusion to come to, especially when we later learn that Seren Garden was initially destroyed by plate tectonics, which take ages upon ages to change the surface of the Earth around to such a significant degree. And then there's the meteors.
Huh.

Though... that leaves open as to why Minos is there in Dana's time, when the Ice Age only happened long, LONG after the last dinosaurs died off irl... hmmm....
All this stuff is weird, is what I'm saying! xD

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, before they got retconned out of existence 😕

Dangit, Falcom!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Chika!

^^