• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I actually almost failed MP1's, it wasn't so much that I got lost, as MP1 on GC can be too dark sometimes and I didn't consult the map soon enough.

Oh yeah, i forgot about that one.

I actually did come close to failing that one but that's because i was still getting used to the controls.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Samus: "Well that was a good, long fight, time to-" *Sees something walk through the door*

Ridley: "Save?"

Samus just lets out an extra long sigh at this point.

And then another door opens and it's EMMI KRAID!

Screenshot_20210720-110527.png

Last time I encountered the Sax I was like "this thing is super dumb, I'm just on the other room and it isn't chasing me, what a shame, that's not scary at all."

I swear this fucking game can read my thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Last time I encountered the Sax I was like "this thing is super dumb, I'm just on the other room and it isn't chasing me, what a shame, that's not scary at all."

It isnt too deadly.

Oh, c'mon. I fell blindly into a room, landed on a flower and it instakilled me because I was unable to jump out of it. Now I have to fiddle around with the shitty flying sommersault controls to get back there.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It isnt too deadly.

What? It three-shots me at full health and I had to take a hundred hours to set a bomb before being able to move forward. I guess it could be worse, but I'd say it's deadly enough.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The SA-X said "bet".

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It isnt too deadly.

No it can definitely kill you with ease.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

h, c'mon. I fell blindly into a room, landed on a flower and it instakilled me because I was unable to jump out of it. Now I have to fiddle around with the shitty flying sommersault controls to get back there.

OHHHHHH YEAAHHH, that boss sucks ass. You fall in the flowers and there's like no way out. At least, not that i could figure out.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Basically Ridley always shows up one way or another and i can't wait for what ridiculous explanation they use for when he inevitably shows up in Dread.

I'm always ready to believe:

Spoiler

Ridley-X reproduced, and at least one had the sense to fly away from the station before it crashed on the planet. Ridley can survive in space, so no reason a Ridley-X couldn't.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

OHHHHHH YEAAHHH, that boss sucks ass. You fall in the flowers and there's like no way out. At least, not that i could figure out.

Don't tap the jump button, keep it pressed down. Samus will continually rise that way and off the water.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you ever wanted to get every item later in the game, keep that passage you took from the reactor silo into Sector 2 in mind.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't tap the jump button, keep it pressed down. Samus will continually rise that way and off the water.

Right. That's the one thing I didn't try, and of course it's the right answer.

This goddamned game.

If you ever wanted to get every item later in the game, keep that passage you took from the reactor silo into Sector 2 in mind.

Kinda doubt I'll want to go back and do 100%, but sure, duly noted.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then another door opens and it's EMMI KRAID!

The premise of Kraid as a giant background hazard could readily work, plenty of games have done the concept before and Melee Kraid in a limited sense even.

Although what are we talking with an "EMMI Kraid"? An EMMI the size of Kraid based on Federation records of him would be highly unusual, or the actual Kraid with EMMI enhancements on him -and probably mind control b/c Space Pirates and EMMIs are Federation-? Either scenario would mean the Federation dun lied, and we've probably well learned it by that point.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm always ready to believe:

Reveal hidden contents

Ridley-X reproduced, and at least one had the sense to fly away from the station before it crashed on the planet. Ridley can survive in space, so no reason a Ridley-X couldn't.

True.

Spoiler

Besides, Adam states that there are 10 SA-Xes roaming the station but you only ever see 2. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right. That's the one thing I didn't try, and of course it's the right answer.

Same.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although what are we talking with an "EMMI Kraid"? An EMMI the size of Kraid based on Federation records of him would be highly unusual, or the actual Kraid with EMMI enhancements on him -and probably mind control b/c Space Pirates and EMMIs are Federation-? Either scenario would mean the Federation dun lied, and we've probably well learned it by that point.

Probably the former since Kraid is, you know, atomized (or is he?). 

I mean, i doubt it'll happen either way because Kraid just gets the short end of the stick every time but i would like for the conclusion of the story arc to feature Kraid again.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The parasite itself is killing me more than the boss now.

Yeah, this was my least favorite part of any Fusion fight. You essentially have to kill them twice.

I found Reuben, everyone!
kvbs3Dd.jpg

Also, Ys Memories of Celceta is Etrian Odyssey.
Map out a forest, get a prize. That's the premise to almost every EO game. xD

So far, gotta say, man... this combat system will take me a while to get used to, I can already tell. It might be the muscle memory from Lacrimosa of Dana playing tricks on me, but my dodges and blocks feel... ineffective, to say the least (I already had Adol dying on me twice to an early sidequest mini-boss, because I am fucking stupid).

Josob6o.jpg

Also, I know you.
And I am ecstatic to see you this early on!
ZOnpFFb.jpg

Looks familiar, doesn't she?

Also, I cannot help but notice that the artstyle in Memories of Celceta is very Tales-y.
Not that I mind, of course! ^^

Also, @Armagon: Doesn't this guy look a little like that Xeno protag you like? Fei, I think?
SyvaDzm.jpg

That was my first thought when I saw this guy, anyway.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably the former since Kraid is, you know, atomized (or is he?). 

I mean, i doubt it'll happen either way because Kraid just gets the short end of the stick every time but i would like for the conclusion of the story arc to feature Kraid again.

Again,

642895-kraid10.jpg

I think NES Kraid could be helpful here. SM didn't retcon the massive size discrepancy per se via the invention of Mini-Kraids encountered before you get to the big boss. But since that establishes Kraid as a species we actually see more than one of, they could run with the Other M Ridley approach. Give us a Mini-Kraid worthy of a boss fight, and then either it miraculously survives or a fellow fat reptilian reaches maturity and seeks vengeance much later.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

This droopey face computer boss is even more annoying than the plant thingy. Unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can't jump out of the way in time after firing?

I could, on the third attempt.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I found Reuben, everyone!
kvbs3Dd.jpg

Gasp! Look guys look, it's Reuben Teehee Thread!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gasp! Look guys look, it's Reuben Teehee Thread!

Turns out he'd been hiding in an Ys game all this time.
Who knew?

---

Also, I just came across something rather... uh...
16IqD0S.jpg

What the heck, Falcom? xD

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What? It three-shots me at full health and I had to take a hundred hours to set a bomb before being able to move forward. I guess it could be worse, but I'd say it's deadly enough.

You can freeze it with missiles.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No it can definitely kill you with ease.

I dunno, there are enough easy ways to get around it, imo.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Turns out he'd been hiding in an Ys game all this time.
Who knew?

Kill him.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You can freeze it with missiles.

This game just has a way to make me feel like an absolute clown at every turn.

Oh wait, you meant like, the Sax. Sorry, thought you were talking about something else. Yeah, I did freeze it, but as Observer says, it lasts no time at all.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This droopey face computer boss is even more annoying than the plant thingy. Unbelievable.

The Nightmare?

ti1x8yo.jpg

lmao

Also, instead of witty treasure chests, this game makes you feel guilty for not having anything to feed animals.
PLeA4Mg.jpg

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Kill him.

I'm afraid I cannot do so. The game will not let me attack civilians.

The one time I actually managed to use the horrendous controls of the flying sommersault move to dodge Nightmare's charge a couple of times, the game rewarded me by having the boss go "oh yeah? Well we'll see if you can keep that up" and keep charging without stop until I died.

Yeah, I think I've had enough. This boss can go fuck itself, I'll go play something else and come back later.

ti1x8yo.jpg

lmao

That guy is called "much" in Spanish.

I'm afraid I cannot do so. The game will not let me attack civilians.

Do it damnit.