Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It lasts all of a half-second. Ice Missiles weren't very useful IMO. Just run and hide, you waste more time turning to freeze it than not.

Freezing it allows you to kinda "break" its AI. 

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The one time I actually managed to use the horrendous controls of the flying sommersault move to dodge Nightmare's charge a couple of times, the game rewarded me by having the boss go "oh yeah? Well we'll see if you can keep that up" and keep charging without stop until I died.

Yeah, I think I've had enough. This boss can go fuck itself, I'll go play something else and come back later.

He is probably the hardest boss in Fusion.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can't jump out of the way in time after firing?

It depends on the room. Like the room where you fight Yakuza is really annoying cause even when it's been reduced to an X, it can kill you very easily on account of the narrow room.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So far, gotta say, man... this combat system will take me a while to get used to, I can already tell. It might be the muscle memory from Lacrimosa of Dana playing tricks on me, but my dodges and blocks feel... ineffective, to say the least (I already had Adol dying on me twice to an early sidequest mini-boss, because I am fucking stupid).

It's that+the fact that you're playing an older style of Ys gameplay. Remember, Ys 8's style wasn't introduced until Ys 7 and Celceta is a remake of an older game.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Doesn't this guy look a little like that Xeno protag you like? Fei, I think?
SyvaDzm.jpg

That was my first thought when I saw this guy, anyway.

He does have the long hair thingie at the front, yeah. Although this guy is bulkier.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Again,

642895-kraid10.jpg

I think NES Kraid could be helpful here. SM didn't retcon the massive size discrepancy per se via the invention of Mini-Kraids encountered before you get to the big boss. But since that establishes Kraid as a species we actually see more than one of, they could run with the Other M Ridley approach. Give us a Mini-Kraid worthy of a boss fight, and then either it miraculously survives or a fellow fat reptilian reaches maturity and seeks vengeance much later.

Fair enough. Although i'm guessing the unusued Kraid in Prime 1 was supposed to be the same one from Zero Mission since it has mechanical parts.

Do we know how big MP1 Kraid would've been anyway?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

his droopey face computer boss is even more annoying than the plant thingy. Unbelievable.

Nightmare wasn't really that hard but it was creepy as hell.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I just came across something rather... uh...
16IqD0S.jpg

What the heck, Falcom? xD

I'm pretty sure i've read somewhere that Adol has canonically fucked a few times.

@Shrimperor please confirm.

The one time I actually managed to use the horrendous controls of the flying sommersault move to dodge Nightmare's charge a couple of times, the game rewarded me by having the boss go "oh yeah? Well we'll see if you can keep that up" and keep charging without stop until I died.

Yeah, I think I've had enough. This boss can go fuck itself, I'll go play something else and come back later.

Hey Ruben, can you show me how many e-tanks you've got?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

He is probably the hardest boss in Fusion.

Yakuza was way harder imo.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It lasts all of a half-second. Ice Missiles weren't very useful IMO. Just run and hide, you waste more time turning to freeze it than not.

In that particular encounter, you can't run, since the path is blocked. That half-second is time enough to lay down a Power Bomb in peace in order to open up the path. So it's very useful, vital even, to freeze SA-X in order to run away.

---

Ah, Nightmare. I'd say, back when I first played, it was scary but also cool to see its shadow just flying around across Sector 5 long before it breaks out.

Recently I begun to think... it's not flying around in a menacing matter. It's fleeing from the X. Until it couldn't anymore...

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Freezing it allows you to kinda "break" its AI. 

I don't know, I froze it and it seemed pretty happy to just keep chasing me. Don't get me wrong, it was doable, but even with the freezing it still took me five or six attempts to get past that sequence.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nightmare wasn't really that hard but it was creepy as hell.

I can't dodge the frigging thing. The flying sommersault is horrible to use, and when I actually manage to dodge it, the boss goes fucking apeshit and starts hacking. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, Nightmare. I'd say, back when I first played, it was scary but also cool to see its shadow just flying around across Sector 5 long before it breaks out.

I agree, it was really cool to watch it flying around.

Until I had to fight it, then it wasn't cool anymore.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That guy is called "much" in Spanish.

And he is utterly obsessed with his muscles. And milkshakes.
... At least he's not a bandit? xD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do it damnit.

I want to! But the game won't give me that option! xD
Unless he somehow turns out to be one of the villains, but they didn't even give him a portrait, so that is highly unlikely.

Just now, Armagon said:

He does have the long hair thingie at the front, yeah. Although this guy is bulkier.

I see!
And his personality is prolly not Fei's, either. He's a muscle dude, but also rather shrewd, because he's an information broker.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's that+the fact that you're playing an older style of Ys gameplay. Remember, Ys 8's style wasn't introduced until Ys 7 and Celceta is a remake of an older game.

True, but Celceta also has the party system. This remake I'm playing actually came out four years after 8.
Last year, as a matter of fact. At least in Europe.

No matter, I'll get used to it! It's been really fun so far!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm pretty sure i've read somewhere that Adol has canonically fucked a few times.

Hoooold on, didn't the creators themselves say at one point that the reason Adol doesn't return any girl's affection is because he's still devoted to Feena? I remember reading something like that, at least. Adol, you unfaithful little...! xD

Alright, Falcom, we gotta talk.
I spend several playthroughs of Ys games mentally memeing on Pikkards about how they are the universe's punchline, and what does Celceta do?
ubaSh8n.jpgOcTiKwq.jpg

A.) Don't give your pets alcohol, kids
B.) Falcom, pls
C.) XD

Edited by DragonFlames

So it begins.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Recently I begun to think... it's not flying around in a menacing matter. It's fleeing from the X. Until it couldn't anymore...

Why didn't just make itself intangible?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The flying sommersault is horrible to use, and when I actually manage to dodge it, the boss goes fucking apeshit and starts hacking. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

Space Jumping does take a little bit getting used but you shouldn't be having that much trouble in it.

It'd be more understandable in Super Metroid, where the Space Jump just fucking sucks.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And his personality is prolly not Fei's, either. He's a muscle dude, but also rather shrewd, because he's an information broker.

Oh yeah, Fei has like, split-personality disorder and several layers of trauma. This guy looks like your cool cousin that works out at the gym.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True, but Celceta also has the party system. This remake I'm playing actually came out four years after 8.

Ah.

But it'd imagine it's still working under the rules of an older game. Looks like it's more akin to Ys 7.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hoooold on, didn't the creators themselves say at one point that the reason Adol doesn't return any girl's affection is because he's still devoted to Feena? I remember reading something like that, at least. Adol, you unfaithful little...! xD

I don't even know if what i read was right.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do we know how big MP1 Kraid would've been anyway?

We're not sure exactly, although:

kraid_kohler.jpg

The mushroom to Kraid's right should be the size of a small platform, Kraid has barely any lower body, so he can't be much bigger. So he'd just about fit in the middle of a tall room, he isn't doesn't look that wide actually.

Also, this might not be relevant, but slight chance it is.:

Metroid_Prime_Boss_Concepts.jpg

Lower left boss is Parasite Queen, I have no idea on the upper right (another unused boss?) EDIT: Flying Pirate apparently, and lower right is scrapped ice simian boss.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why didn't just make itself intangible?

Maybe it did. But there's only so much you can do before a single X manages to get the drop on you.

Spoiler

Same for the Security Robot B.O.X., despite running around with its organic neural brain exposed, it also took a while before the X got to it too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

But it'd imagine it's still working under the rules of an older game.

Definitely!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't even know if what i read was right.

Honestly, me either. xD
That's why I brought it up, because I am really not sure!

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Breaking the AI is for pros, the highly informed, and the super curious. Aka not a more average player like me. -No offense.

Eh? Im no pro, and I didnt find it too difficult.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Would anyone mind telling me how much game is left after this boss? Thanks in advance.

Nightmare? You're about... two-thirds in at that point, I'd say. Maybe three-fifths.

Would anyone mind telling me how much game is left after this boss? Thanks in advance.

What are you struggling with, exactly? Using the space jump to get around it? Hitting its weak spot? 

Jesus, finally. That was the worst boss in the game so far.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nightmare? You're about... two-thirds in at that point, I'd say. Maybe three-fifths.

That's a bit less than I was hoping. Thanks.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What are you struggling with, exactly? Using the space jump to get around it? Hitting its weak spot? 

The space jump controls are terrible and the guy has no pattern when charging. In the end, however, I managed to get it in the right spot to spam missiles from the wall railing. So I beat it. Woohoo.

Tark4cge o

Little help? I've bombed every inch of this entire area. Super bombs, even when they don't work, at least reveal breakable blocks. Unless there's like, a secret within a secret within a secret and that's how I progress, I just have no idea what to do now.

EDIT: I don't feel like reuploading the image, so let me just say, I figured out what the yellow thing is.

Vhlqceln o

It's an invisible path that you can only discover by jumping at the wall. Samus grabs on to the ledge. Very nice.

O508capi o

Except it's not an exit, it's just another dead end with a useless upgrade.

This game is wearing my patience thin. Look, I know I complain too much. I want to finish it, but if there's any lesson I've taken from this game, it's that this really isn't my kind of game. Goddamnit.

EDIT 2: Ah, there we go. I should've known, before I joked about it, that the answer really would be a secret within a secret within a fucking secret.

Red hatches are open and I don't even feel like making the same tired meme joke again. I just want this game to end already. Pretty please?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just want this game to end already. Pretty please?

This is the point where I reccomend playing Zero Mission since its superior! Xd

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
EDIT 2: Ah, there we go. I should've known, before I joked about it, that the answer really would be a secret within a secret within a fucking secret.

Red hatches are open and I don't even feel like making the same tired meme joke again. I just want this game to end already. Pretty please?

That's Metroid 10... 4? 5? If a Power Bomb doesn't destroy blocks or reveals blocks that need to be destroyed in a specific way... it's usually a hidden tunnel or path that exists already.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
This game is wearing my patience thin. Look, I know I complain too much. I want to finish it, but if there's any lesson I've taken from this game, it's that this really isn't my kind of game. Goddamnit.

I think there's something to be said that a game that requires experimentation or thinking things for a bit and that statement.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

No

It's a meme + meme achievements xD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do it damnit.

Ys 2 lets you brun them xD

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

this combat system will take me a while to get used to, I can already tel

Yeah coming from Ys 8 it must be tough

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Turns out he'd been hiding in an Ys game all this time.
Who knew?

---

Also, I just came across something rather... uh...
16IqD0S.jpg

What the heck, Falcom? xD

Tbf Adol is a catch for girls xD

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Trails from Zero chapter 1! Also

Hide contents

I just seen Estelle and Joshua! Are they at all important?

I call the game Sky 4 for a reason 😉

Also, it's actually possible to go through that wall of Speed Boost blocks from the other side, but it requires a ridiculously complex chain of Shinesparks. In other Metroid games, this would be sequence breaking, and Fusion will acknowledge this... but then send you back to the path you're supposed to take. So... just a minor Easter Egg.