Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Gen II... last I played was like... so long ago. A cousin gave me his Gold copy when I was around 10. Barely remember much of my first playthrough, but I know I definitely didn't beat Red.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gen II... last I played was like... so long ago. A cousin gave me his Gold copy when I was around 10. Barely remember much of my first playthrough, but I know I definitely didn't beat Red.

G/S/C and B/W are pretty much the only pokemon games I ever run through nowadays.

All Star Coins in World 3 obtained. Next is World 4, the water world 🌚.

Anyways, replaying this game now is really putting into perspective just how bad little kid me was at this game.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haar one-rounds Ludveck with the hammer and two speed levels lol.

And I didn't even need him, Elincia herself did the job just fine. The map is ruined by its pathetic bossman. There's virtually no reason not to send him flying immediately.

I did the defend tho.

Maybe if I transferred the stats over from PoR.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe you should sing it to the tune of Jet Jaguar's theme.

I know those are joke lyrics but damn, they did my man Jet Jaguar dirty like that.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sure it's a defend where defending is super-easy, but challenging defends in FE are limited to like CQ10, Thracia 20, and sorta-kinda-maybe-a-little-maybe-not Battle Before Dawn.

True. Most defend maps in the series just amount to taking a chokepoint and then the enemy can't do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All Star Coins in World 3 obtained. Next is World 4, the water world 🌚.

Amazing. 

Now for the real challenge: playing the game with three other players xd

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I love Gen 2, it was made before they thought of Pokemon as a perpetual series, and they tried to make the greatest sequel they could, a sendoff for the series that let them add all the features the technical limitations of gen 1 (by Crystal especially) prevented, and gave fans of Gen 1 a chance to look at what became of Kanto, treating the gameplay decision, and story of gen 1 with more reality than you would expect.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

j5wBQH3.pngFpC5y3c.png

The Kaga combo

Ya know, kinda sad i don't have any axe units in my team who can use that. The only Axe unit is Hinata, and he is at D Axes still lol, and he mainly sticks with Swords

True, BR is lacking for Axe/Club users. Rinkah the mediocre is the only natural Oni Savage, and those who can reclass to it by default aren't exactly good either.

...Why doesn't this Hoshidan swap give you Scarlet? She would've been Camilla-lite.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, kinda sad i don't have any axe units in my team who can use that.

Birthright cast moment. I have no clue what compelled them to give you one of whatever Rinkah’s class is.

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

G/S/C and B/W are pretty much the only pokemon games I ever run through nowadays.

The duality of man.

23 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I love Gen 2, it was made before they thought of Pokemon as a perpetual series, and they tried to make the greatest sequel they could, a sendoff for the series that let them add all the features the technical limitations of gen 1 (by Crystal especially) prevented, and gave fans of Gen 1 a chance to look at what became of Kanto, treating the gameplay decision, and story of gen 1 with more reality than you would expect.

They could've made a better level curve tho

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Why doesn't this Hoshidan swap give you Scarlet? She would've been Camilla-lite.

I got Reina instead of Gunter or whatever her name i called. 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Birthright cast moment.

Ngl not as fun as Nohr cast. There are some gems there, but they are mostly pretty... plain? Typical FE? Is how i would describe them

I do like the myrmidons alot tho. Probably my fav. instance of them, Berwick Saga aside

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl not as fun as Nohr cast. There are some gems there, but they are mostly pretty... plain? Typical FE? Is how i would describe them

Nohr’s cast is probably more fun to use, yeah, though I think Hoshido’s bunch are more likable characters.

But that’s a pretty low bar, isn’t it?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I do like the myrmidons alot tho. Probably my fav. instance of them, Berwick Saga aside

Still going on the Hana and Hinata train? I think Hinata’s son, Hisame, starts as a samurai as well, if you haven’t gotten him yet.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But that’s a pretty low bar, isn’t it?

One of the lowest lol.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Still going on the Hana and Hinata train?

yeah

These 2 Sword dancing around everyone most of the game lol

Edited by Shrimperor

TIL that the Latin American dub is pretty funny.

53 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Probably because Conquest isn't intended to be played with the Birthright cast.

In theory, that would've been pretty interesting but it doesn't sound like the mod took that into account. And remembering you said Hinoka had a 1-2 prf here before the modder took it out, it suddenly becomes really jarring here.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TIL that the Latin American dub is pretty funny.

Early 2000's was peak. Mostly since Latin American dubs at the time had so much more freedom to ad-lib. Then again, most were made in Mexico and I'm a Mexican, so I could get most of the jokes and slang thrown in. And then there was James...

Just... Jamemememes.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

NaA0kBM.png

Finally lol

Without Shelter this is impossible. Even with Spy's Yumi you need Shelter

Are you playing lunatic? I don’t remember ever using shelter on that map (I’m pretty sure the only time I used shelter was to cheese Hinata’s squad in Takumi’s Fun Castle).

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Evening, everyone! That was a really long shift... Did I miss anything?

I hope it wasn’t too bad!

It was just more Conquest talk, same as usual.