• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

BN20qdy.png

Here, i marked it for you. There's one Spot where only Oboro's pair up can attack you. You use someone to kill the spear master from 2 range, dance him in a place where Azura is safe, thne kill the Spear Maser from the Marked spot. Only Oboro's pair up can attack you now, and the rest will move towards you, where you can pick em up

Ooohhhhh... Right, I was gonna say Oboro is still pretty bad because Luna, but of course, she can't reach, the basara with her can. Yeah, that makes sense, actually. I am blind!

Well, I ended up not needing it. I used a much more sophisticated strategy called "run for the hills after killing the archers, then run back in, kill the basara, block the way with Benny and pray for the best."

Thankfully, Oboro was dumb and let the masters of arms go before her, impeding her from using Luna on Ben. So we were fine.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Grats! Now that wasn't so bad, was it?

Actually?

No, not really. Though I wouldn't go as far as to call it a great map. It didn't flow quite as well as stuff like Hinoka, Sakura, chapter 10 and stuff. The moment where I saw Oboro coming after me and I just went "yeah, thanks but no thanks" and retreated outside was super silly. I'm glad it was an option, but it shouldn't have been, all things considered.

Still... Yeah. I think I judged this map too harshly. It's not Conquest's best, but it doesn't deserve to be compared to the likes of Kitsune Hell either.

F for the priestess though. She gave her life because I was blind. Oof...

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I BEAT IT

I DIDN'T EVEN NEED SAVE STATES

IT WAS PERFECT FROM START TO FINISH

AAEHAHAHAHFHAHAHAHAHFHACHHAGHAHAHAA

I am pleased.

Congratulations on the accomplishment! That always feels like a breath of fresh air when you conquer a personal demon! XD

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Congratulations on the accomplishment! That always feels like a breath of fresh air when you conquer a personal demon! XD

Damn straight it does! I owe this victory to Haitaka, though. That man handled all the bosses lol.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn straight it does! I owe this victory to Haitaka, though. That man handled all the bosses lol.

Thats how I feel after fighting out 4 hour long boss fights. Xd

I make a save state every turn in Conquest because I cannot think of a single scenario where doing a bunch of moves you’ve already done again proves you’re somehow better at the game than only fixing your mistake and moving on.

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually?

No, not really. Though I wouldn't go as far as to call it a great map. It didn't flow quite as well as stuff like Hinoka, Sakura, chapter 10 and stuff. The moment where I saw Oboro coming after me and I just went "yeah, thanks but no thanks" and retreated outside was super silly. I'm glad it was an option, but it shouldn't have been, all things considered.

Still... Yeah. I think I judged this map too harshly. It's not Conquest's best, but it doesn't deserve to be compared to the likes of Kitsune Hell either.

F for the priestess though. She gave her life because I was blind. Oof...

Takumi's Fun Castle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fuga's Wild Ride.

Is it worth it to feed Master of Arms Kana two arms scrolls so she isn’t stuck with E rank for the rest of the game? I fed her one to get axes and lances up to D (she has B swords with the arms scroll thanks to her joining in Nohr princess and Nohr noble), but something is making me hesitate on giving her a second one, like there’s a more productive use for it.

Doing chapter Hinoka now. The Hinoka cutscene is still hilarious. Girl just goes helicopter for virtually no reason, and the voice line is super jarring, it doesn't even sound like it belongs.

Also, as much as I love the man, I've got to take back my claim that the extra deployment slot you get in Sakura is perfect for Izana. This is true for hard mode, but... Well, I'm afraid Rallyman deserves it far more in lunatic. The utility of four rallies just cannot be overstated, and the man's stats are actually solid enough that whenever he isn't rallying he can serve as the latejoining filler combat unit that Conquest doesn't have otherwise.

Capture's so fucking good, I swear...

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Thats how I feel after fighting out 4 hour long boss fights. Xd

Ahahah, yeah, I know the feeling. It's great when it finally ends.

23 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Takumi's Fun Castle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fuga's Wild Ride.

Ehhhh no, I disagree. I like Fuga's Wild Ride. Takumi's Fun Castle... ehhh, I don't think it's as bad now that I sort of understand it, but it's still way too long, and Takumi with his two proc skills is a middle finger to put at the end of such a map.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is it worth it to feed Master of Arms Kana two arms scrolls so she isn’t stuck with E rank for the rest of the game? I fed her one to get axes and lances up to D (she has B swords with the arms scroll thanks to her joining in Nohr princess and Nohr noble), but something is making me hesitate on giving her a second one, like there’s a more productive use for it.

Bench Kana and capture Rallyman instead.

Man... I was 14 when Mario & Luigi: Dream Team came out? That's uncanny... It hardly feels that long. I loved that game so much. I think it's about time for a replay. I played SuperStar Saga and Partners in Time recently-ish, but not this one... mostly because it's on the 3DS. Got myself a truly Nintendo-licensed copy (hey, I own an unironic one, so this time there's no moral qualms to be had) and it runs pretty well on my Nintendo PC. Yeah, I think I know what I'll play after Conquest. It'll be nice to have a change of pace after so much FE.

Anyway, Niles missed an 83% and it cost me the run earlier. Time for another attempt.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Doing chapter Hinoka now. The Hinoka cutscene is still hilarious. Girl just goes helicopter for virtually no reason, and the voice line is super jarring, it doesn't even sound like it belongs.

I mean, I recently learned that she essentially says "Reporting for duty" in Japanese. So yeah, the localisation doesn't belong.

And it still bothers me when people compare other localisations to Fates's like as if they're just as troubled (the fact that people are bitching about Neo TWEWY's has bothered me, to clarify why I'm saying this.), I would argue there's little that's shown itself to be much worse in the last decade from what I've seen.

Just now, Dayni said:

I mean, I recently learned that she essentially says "Reporting for duty" in Japanese. So yeah, the localisation doesn't belong.

Ah yeah, I heard something to that effect.

Just now, Dayni said:

And it still bothers me when people compare other localisations to Fates's like as if they're just as troubled (the fact that people are bitching about Neo TWEWY's has bothered me, to clarify why I'm saying this.), I would argue there's little that's shown itself to be much worse in the last decade from what I've seen.

I don't know, Fates's localization does have some good things. It's weirdly inconsistent, though. Sometimes it changes things for the better, other times it mucks shit up. It's like two teams localized the game without communicating.

Nothing really comes close to the mistranslation of Nergal's extended death quote that singlehandedly destroys his character though

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, Fates's localization does have some good things. It's weirdly inconsistent, though. Sometimes it changes things for the better, other times it mucks shit up. It's like two teams localized the game without communicating.

Troubled doesn't make Fates's text terrible. I'm not going to pull up the list of changes here to argue it, imo localisation in this last decade has rarely been a major issue for games if the effort is put into it but I am weary enough to not feel like making a case about it for any titles at the moment.

And when you consider that essentially two teams were made for Fates to do Birthright and Conquest, I find the second sentence to be weirdly believable even if that's not true.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, the localization was pretty bad in places.

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fates localization was a mistake.

Sakura’s map is so so so so good. I love it. It would be my favorite in the game (and, by virtue of that being the case, my potential favorite in the series) if Hinoka’s map wasn’t there. I enjoyed it so much this time, it’s very nice to have a save state instead of wasting 20 minutes of your life every time Hana activates Rend Heaven and crits (though I actually didn’t need a save state for that). Pro tip: play it the fun way instead of the boring way, i.e. actually properly split up your army instead of using pair up to storm the left side, you really get to appreciate just how good the map is. I enjoyed it so much I actually did something uncommon for this map: I routed the entire thing (and yes, Sakura dragon vein-ed).

suXwT43.png

I am proud, 13 turns.

I also got a very funny level, maybe the funniest level I have ever had, personally.

vs30HJ7.png
Keep in mind that Elise does not have a single capped stat, not magic, speed or luck like she usually does. Breaking that down, with Elise as a strategist, she missed her 80% chance to get a point of magic, her 90% chance to get a point of luck, her 65% chance to get a point of speed and her 55% chance to get a point of res, but did level a point of strength. With her growth in it being……… 5%. Hilarious.

I'd like to have a friendly word with whoever it was that decided to give Azama two hexing rods in lunatic Hinoka.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

play it the fun way instead of the boring way, i.e. actually properly split up your army instead of using pair up to storm the left side, you really get to appreciate just how good the map is.

Imma be honest, I don't see how that would be better. The half of the army that you ferry to the left side gets to be useless because the tight corridors leave no room to maneuver and nobody on the right side means no DV usage to lower the leeves.

And yeah, Sakura is great when you play it the intended way.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

btw @Sooks

when will you do Conquest Luna?

No. No… don’t put those words together. They scare me.

Conquest Hard is already brutal. Staff savant, inevitable end… I don’t know. Maybe one day.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imma be honest, I don't see how that would be better. The half of the army that you ferry to the left side gets to be useless because the tight corridors leave no room to maneuver and nobody on the right side means no DV usage to lower the leeves.

It seems to be a common approach.