• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

There is a chance it's Steins Gate time. However, there's also a chance that it's time for more Albus Breaks Reality. I have not decided just yet. I only have the last stretch of Dracula's castle and the man himself before I finish Ecclesia. Run went by in a flash, but it was just a thing to keep me entertained while I took a short break from Terraria, anyway.

...now if I can just fight off the temptation to put Terraria on hold and do another full Shanoa run...

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Truly is, ain't it? I wouldn't mind a remake of Fates that fixes all of these story issues since it does have tons of potential.

The community is on it.

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Anyways, off to Xander.

Ah yes, the map where The Funny with Elise happened.

God, I laughed so fucking hard at that. I'm grinning thinking about it. This is not the effect that scene should have on me. But goddamnit, it's just so funny in the context of Fates and its complete failure to get me to care about its characters.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

LJqvPcc.png

Halp wtf

This is the first time i do this paralogue where this happens kek. I already did this one like 10k times before never did i get swarmed like this lol

Leo be like "this strategy is a disgrace"

Ahhhh yeah S;G it is. Tried playing a bit of Ecclesia, but it's late and I'm not feeling it. Especially since I intend to use a save state I have lying around to go back after I finish the game. I've a little idea for a second video... We'll see if I am able to make it a reality. It might be tougher than the first one.

Besides, today is the moron's birthday. How could I not play his game on the very same day that, 37 years ago, he was shat out to the world and probably tossed in the garbage bin immediately, where he was raised by the local bum? Who was probably disappointed that the child he adopted was so stupid, by the way. Do I bully Okarin too much, you think? Naaah surely not.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ooooh.

Well, time to learn how to hack my 3DS.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, the map where The Funny with Elise happened.

God, I laughed so fucking hard at that. I'm grinning thinking about it. This is not the effect that scene should have on me. But goddamnit, it's just so funny in the context of Fates and its complete failure to get me to care about its characters.

There are way too many useless deaths in Fates that do nothing for the story other than make Corrin feel bad for a few seconds. Elise's death doesn't change Xander's motive at all even after her long speech. I'll admit I teared up a bit during the battle preparation mainly due to the somber music that was playing but even that was quickly ended by me killing Xander on the first bloody turn.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You should play Order of Ecclesia, Armagon. It is a recommendation from me, meaning you'll despise it, but at the same time it's similar to Bloodstained in some ways, and you enjoyed Bloodstained, so there's an existing chance that you'll get some enjoyment out of it

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

sure, I shall casually endorse Order of Ecclesia for @Armagon. It is more linear than Ritual of the Night (which TBF does have the grandest explorable castle in any Igavania ever having played them all), but the fundamentals of gameplay are solid. And I prefer Glyphs to Shards myself.

I mean, I do wanna play more Castlevanias eventually. So Ecclesia would probably be a given at some point.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

linear

That's fine tbh. 

Better linear than "where the fuck do I go".

46 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

CS III isnt off to a great start imo... Its just a reboot of the first one!

I told you this already I think.

32 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

LJqvPcc.png

Halp wtf

This is the first time i do this paralogue where this happens kek. I already did this one like 10k times before never did i get swarmed like this lol

How on Earth did you manage this?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh?

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/9676-buy-chrono-cross-remaster-remastered-edition-pc-game-epic-games/

Don't tell it's gonna be Epic Games exclusive... hopefully only a temporary thing.

Oh yeah, Square Enix's been signing deals with Epic Games for some reason.

Ahh, there's the reply from Faris I'd been waiting on for over a day now. Sheesh, girl, pay attention. You don't just leave the mad scientist, houououoin kyoma hanging for so long.

Pigtails is acting fishy as usual. Nothing too new here.

...You know, I compared Faris to him initially simply because they both made me feel the same way, but now I realize, there's actually a character that can be reasonably compared to that shitstain Inspector Cabanella from Ghost Trick. It's fucking Okarin. He has a similar scarecrow complexion, the same fondness for white coats, the bombastic personality and they both make me want to murder them and hug them in equal measure.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

hououin-kyouma-okabe-rintarou.gif

It was this gif that confirmed my suspicions, actually. Okarin really is Cabanella's long lost child. The cringe dance moves prove it.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

There are way too many useless deaths in Fates that do nothing for the story other than make Corrin feel bad for a few seconds. Elise's death doesn't change Xander's motive at all even after her long speech. I'll admit I teared up a bit during the battle preparation mainly due to the somber music that was playing but even that was quickly ended by me killing Xander on the first bloody turn.

The somber music would've worked wonders in a different game. In this one, it fails because I don't care about the characters lol.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, I do wanna play more Castlevanias eventually. So Ecclesia would probably be a given at some point.

You must dew it, Armagon.

Dang it, got sidetracked again! I've been chatting with my pal, who also happens to be a S;G fan. I've been telling him my predictions... and also my intense love-hatred for Okarin's dumb ass. I need to focus on the game.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Cringe? This is based!

It's cringe and Okarin is extremely dumb. End of story.

Done with SRW Original Generations OG1 Kyosuke Route. Managed this time to not miss a single Skill Point, and finished the final final boss off with a Valor'ed Rampage Ghost of 39k damage b/c Kyosuke. The Aerogators have been vanquished. This leaves behind *checks list* roughly 24 evil organizations threatening the Earth of the OGverse and all who live on it with either annihilation or enslavement. More threats likely exist that have not appeared yet.

The childhood passion is now truly sated for what ought to be a long while. It'll be months for sure until I get to OG2, which I vow to not play until after XS Ep. III. Will it be the six months that canonically pass between OG1 and OG2, I don't know if it'll be that long. Thankfully OG2 is only one storyline with a few temporary splits of 3-4 chapters, I won't be left hungering for completion as I sorta was after Ryusei's Route this time.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Truly is, ain't it? I wouldn't mind a remake of Fates that fixes all of these story issues since it does have tons of potential.

Keep in that as much as people like to say story and gameplay are separate, making moderate to major rewrites of Fates would risk brushing out of existence some of those beloved and finely-tuned battles. You need story justification for why such people are fighting in such a location at such a time.

On the positive side, Kitsune Hell is one chapter that I could see being written out of existence, if the approach to a Conquest rewrite was "reform from within". Make it a case where the debauched Hans-Iago soldiers decide to collect some pelts, and the tensions between them and the heroic Corrin faction within the Nohrian army get into a deadly argument over respecting the rights of the neutral-between-Nohr-and-Hoshido Kitsune people. Thus, we could go from fighting Kitsune to fighting Nohrian poachers, perhaps with some friendly Kitsune NPCs in need of help. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The somber music would've worked wonders in a different game. In this one, it fails because I don't care about the characters lol.

Being a music guardian, I am more emotionally sensitive to music so I would cry to such somber tunes with or without context. It's a good emotional song.

Elise's death on the other hand, yeah I didn't care much for it as I was growing tired of all the useless deaths, also I was spoiled of this one years prior to witnessing it.

Of course. The lab's sound proofing is so shit that you can hear them from the street even though it's on the first floor and the window is closed. They risked a heatstroke for absolutely no reason. And now the shaddiest character of them all knows the whole story.

Ah, well, it doesn't matter. The damage is already done, for the beans had already been spilled a while before to the character that I am fairly certain is up to no good.

By Okarin.

Voluntarily.

I love this dumbass so much.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the positive side, Kitsune Hell is one chapter that I could see being written out of existence, if the approach to a Conquest rewrite was "reform from within". Make it a case where what the debauched Hans-Iago soldiers decide to collect some pelts, and the tensions between them and the heroic Corrin faction within the Nohrian army get into a deadly argument over respecting the rights of the neutral-between-Nohr-and-Hoshido Kitsune people. Thus, we could go from fighting Kitsune to fighting Nohrian poachers, perhaps with some friendly Kitsune NPCs in need of help. 

Yes.

Please make this change.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Being a music guardian, I am more emotionally sensitive to music so I would cry to such somber tunes with or without context. It's a good emotional song.

Yeah, this much is true. Fates has great music.

Elise's death on the other hand, yeah I didn't care much for it as I was growing tired of all the useless deaths, also I was spoiled of this one years prior to witnessing it.

I just love that she comes running at Xander from the side and he doesn't see her. My theory is that he has no peripheral vision due to the sheer size of his furrowed brow. The man doesn't lose it even when he smiles, like seriously...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

No fucking way. Pigtails just brought John Titor up. Told Okarin to consult with him. Nobody else mentioned him. How do you know about Titor, Suzuha? Is it because... my insane theory was right and you are he!? You cannot hide from me! I am too smart for your tricks, Steins Gate!

Also, I think this may be my new favorite line in the game.

DED741684C2141B88E20D711901D9401FB2BB280 (1920×1080)

Fucking dying, man. Okarin is too much.

Well, the audio cable I bought is not sitting in snugly and brushing off of it gives a bit of interference, with enough pushing it out of place and not working in both ears.

Guess I'm going to have to buy that online, along with the other stuff I couldn't get while out today.

The fact that I set Okarin's phone's call ringtone to the most ominous, scary song I could find among the available options is pretty fitting now that Okarin is getting super stressed and worried because he keeps getting phone calls and expects them to be bad news.

I'm making Okarin suffer. I'm so glad.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"People die when they are killed".

You know, this could be interpreted as further evidence of my theory that Okarin is a communist. See, he hates private property. Communism if I ever saw any!

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Okay the Messiah email was legitimately creepy... until the game pulled up the dictionary definition of the word "messiah." Then the effect was lost a bit.

Oh and that was actually the end of the chapter. I do not like the speed at which I approach chapter 5.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

We be eatin popcorn right now

An American-German-Spanish coalition of moustache-twirling to my S;G impressions.

Well. Good to know I am so important, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Completed Final Fantasy 14 Endwalker. Server queue aside (I have been waiting for a collective 11 hours just to enter the game) , overall I though it was a great conclusion to what FF14 has been building up to for the last 10 years. With tons of references and callbacks to previous events. Some lingering questions, but I suppose it will be addressed in future updates. Back to grinding.

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

overall I though it was a great conclusion to what FF14 has been building up to for the last 10 years

Wow, that's a really long-unning game.

Ohhh

OOOOOOHHHH

I can't believe it's taken me this long, but it just hit me. I know what happened in the prologue! I think.

Spoiler

That's why Kurisu is alive. The email Okarin sent to Daru describing her death changed the past. Somehow that message saved her life. That's also why all the people disappeared and the satelite landed more violently, it's just like how everyone around Okarin switched positions after the lottery D-mail.

Okay when I write it it sounds a lot less amazing. Actually, I probably should've realized sooner. Oh well. I'm blaming Okarin. His dumbness is contagious.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Team Fortress 2 still has a healthy player base of thousands of players and regular updates by the devs (highly underwhelming in their scope, but they exist) 14 years after its release. It was also in development for 8 years prior to that, so if you go all the way back to its initial conception, that makes it a 22 year old game. Not too shabby, huh?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Team Fortress 2 still has a healthy player base of thousands of players and regular updates by the devs (highly underwhelming in their scope, but they exist) 14 years after its release. It was also in development for 8 years prior to that, so if you go all the way back to its initial conception, that makes it a 22 year old game. Not too shabby, huh?

You think that's long-running? My Catalan Avi has been goldsmithing for 76 years now!

Why didn't they ever make a TF3?

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's worth noting that Final Fantasy XIV is something of a comeback story.

The original FFXIV release back on September 30th, 2010, was a disaster. The game might not have been the absolute worst game out there, but it was still bad that Square a giant do-not-wrong company would release such a flawed title. Particularly when Final Fantasy XI was a thriving (and still somehow alive) MMORPG that Square had made as well. They shut the game down after two years, it was an abject failure.

Then on August 27th, 2013, Square released Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It's this Version 2.0, a complete reset and redesigning of the original game, which has become an incredibly popular MMORPG in the past few years. It's a miracle few might've have ever expected. Particularly between Final Fantasy XIII getting critical praise but plenty of fan backlash, and Final Fantasy XV going through a development hell that left aspects of it unfinished even in the final product.

In general, successful MMOs have the potential to have a lengthy lifespan, as they're subscription-based and can constantly collect revenues and add new expansions. -Not that I've ever played one. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer