Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Oh no

Please don't actually become an Edel stan

I mean I chose Claude so presumably I'm going to kill her later on.

No Three Houses spoilers pls, I know I'm like three years late.

Something that confuses me about Xenoblade 3's last hero...

Spoiler

If her name is a combination of "seven" and the food she liked, why did Sena call her Segiri and not "Sedonut"?

With that done, I will do Sena's side story next though the last hero quest was basically a Sena quest and then I'll move on to finish the plot. (Final chapter stuff)

Spoiler

And I'll try to get Ethel back at some point, but that might not be possible until right before the final dungeon for all I know.

There are at least two DLC heroes being added in the future, so I look forward to seeing what they're like. Maybe KOS-MOS could be included, and you have a 1/1000 chance of getting her when you use a certain type of item. Better get collecting!

Edited by Lightchao42

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:
Spoiler

And I'll try to get Ethel back at some point, but that might not be possible until right before the final dungeon for all I know.

Spoiler

Take Ravi with you and go to Miyabi's Colony and enter that room at the back

And the funny thing is even Rhea is not averse to change.

Granted, it takes... A LOT of stuff to pretty much force her to change, but she can actually do it.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair points, yeah. If she landed in exactly the right way on top of a heap of sand... Then maybe.

Still, it has happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fall_survivors

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's because it didn't go out of its way to portray Carcino in any way lololololololololol

It was more developed than Miletos, that's for sure.

9 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I can forgive monarchies as our tendency to give more importance to characters in royal birth is still very present in all types of fantasy media. Even my beloved anti-authoritarian Avatar The Last Airbender has a cast mostly of nobles and royals. For Fire Emblem it's more about how they represent the relationship between the proletariat and the bourgeoisie, and how the nuance there is something that they will sometimes acknowledge but never dive deep enough into for it to be truly satisfying.

Let it be known, I have not played the Tellius games yet.

Sounds like you'd enjoy Korra, then. If you haven't watched it yet.

Well, a revolt is basically what happens during Radiant Dawn Part 2, though its leader was less than noble in spite of his duke title, even if he had some points... that Elincia went on to mostly disprove anyway.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

LNgHtJw.jpg

It hasn't actually been all that bad. The only time it's problematic is when I have something else copied, like a link or an image. Which is... Like a quarter of the time.

Kirin XX mode in GV3 is very fun. Sensory overload.

I haven't tried the Gunvolt survival mode yet on account that apparently it's unlocked by getting SS rank on any three stages.

XC3 endgame content is seriously lacking (a Xeno staple, it seems) which is too bad. (Mostly speaking from boss fight PoV ofc) since the idea of fighting the same superboss 10+ times isnt the most appealing imo. 

4 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Xenobros, i did a thing

7cHzZLF.png

how dare you... putting Rex two tier above shulk. personal opinion rejected

and you forget about best and strongest XENOBLADE 3 character:

Spoiler

mwabam.thumb.jpg.ae2ea04e2a8a0dc5f8e1a0ff2cd986e4.jpg

the game cant handle it so they bench him earlier

Well, mostly did Ghosts of the Tribunal CC today. Just need to do a little more to finish the entire thing. Might even advance the main questline too, but then I know I'll have to hunt down the remaining Black Books. Got the third one at Kolbjorn. But well, that's for next time.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds like you'd enjoy Korra, then. If you haven't watched it yet.

I have watched it, and I did really enjoy it.

Even in that show, Korra was the daughter of the chief in the Southern Water Tribe (Which begs the question on what happened to the original chiefdom that Sokka and Katara were apart of but whatever) 

And in general, the Avatar universe has messaging of importance given at birth with bending and the Avatar themselves, which clashes a lot with the eastern philosophies it tries to teach.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, a revolt is basically what happens during Radiant Dawn Part 2, though its leader was less than noble in spite of his duke title, even if he had some points... that Elincia went on to mostly disprove anyway.

As I said, have yet to play the Tellius games, but I definitely have heard interesting things about them in regards to how they represent class dynamics.

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

XC3 endgame content is seriously lacking (a Xeno staple, it seems) which is too bad. (Mostly speaking from boss fight PoV ofc) since the idea of fighting the same superboss 10+ times isnt the most appealing imo. 

Challenge Mode soon.

At least there are some exclusive post-game quests.

25 minutes ago, Sinon said:

Why not? He can’t even fight, all he does is sit around waiting for materials

EUhuQ-zWoAAXx1C.png

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I have watched it, and I did really enjoy it.

Even in that show, Korra was the daughter of the chief in the Southern Water Tribe (Which begs the question on what happened to the original chiefdom that Sokka and Katara were apart of but whatever) 

Huh, best I recall

Spoiler

He was the exiled brother of the Northern Water Tribe Chief

So same difference, but not exactly.

And in general, the Avatar universe has messaging of importance given at birth with bending and the Avatar themselves, which clashes a lot with the eastern philosophies it tries to teach.

Wasn't it more about general acceptance or something like that? Like, non-benders shouldn't resent the benders, while the benders shouldn't take advantage of non-benders. Replace that with general people and people in positions of authority and it's meant to have some applicability.

Because let's face it, humanity's history is all about hierarchical societies for the most part. Unless we go through a big shift, the best we can do is learn not to be a-holes with each other. Yeah, a tall order, I know.

Edited by Acacia Sgt