Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I too would rather break both my legs than stay there to be honest

Of a two-story building? Puh-lease! Three guys did survive being thrown out a window 21-meters off the ground in 1618 without serious injury. One of whom was granted the official title "Baron of Highfall" for the seemingly miraculous survival. Who didn't survive was the ~25-33% of the Holy Roman Empire's population who died in the war said defenestration ignited.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

True, it would be difficult to find someone who bears themselves with the eLeygance that Morgan does.

That was a bad one

I love it.

Stupid fucking Morgan. Good times.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of a two-story building? Puh-lease! Three guys did survive being thrown out a window 21-meters off the ground in 1618 without serious injury. One of whom was granted the official title "Baron of Highfall" for the seemingly miraculous survival.

Imagine having a title as cool as Baron of Highfall, and the story behind it is that someone just chucked you out of a window and you bounced.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who didn't survive was the ~25-33% of the Holy Roman Empire's population who died in the war said defenestration ignited.

That... is less wholesome.

I'm back!

On 8/10/2022 at 10:51 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Like Eltosian said, if you enjoy different games, you might enjoy the KagaSagas. Give 'em a shot when you can. Also Berwick has hot red knight lady remember. She's actually well written!

Kaga is definitely in my backlog of games I need to play but as of right now my priority is Xenoblade and, brace yourself, Three Houses.

I'm honestly so excited to play TH, even if I don't like it it'll be so fucking nice to finally play the game that's been the main talk among the FE community. I've purposely avoided the subreddit and the Youtube scene just to avoid any spoilers so I'm very happy to have it in my hands.

But the real question is which one to play first...

Well, since the finale is a 2 parter, and i am in no mood to tackle such big maps today after the other 3, time for unit review!

Spoiler

cYpSLZf.png

Good old Z, or as King C calls him, the Big Z himself!

Typical sowrd lordie, nothing to see here. Except the lockpick he got from Cezar being glued to him xD

I feel like he got kinda nerfed from VS1, dunno. Well, his hit aura is honestly all i needed from him

Spoiler

3eTo0eT.png

I remember how i only used him like in 2 maps in VS1 and he snowballed...

And he is still quite good here. Sadly couldn't get his sister because she only like, started to move at turn 12 or something in ch20, which was too late as i was starting my retreat then.

Spoiler

DF7xuXq.pngBcB5fGS.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Spoiler

NFejW1N.pngCRUXK0A.png

Phoeve and her Pair up bot. Phoeve is probably the best mage in the game. Amazing prf, amazing stats, Pony, amazing skill set...

But what truly makes her shine is that the support bonuses she receives can get redicilous.

Abraham adjacent to her gives her +5 Def/Res! And he ain't the only one she get's support from. She can even get up to +10 Def/Res!

As for Abraham...Well, he is Phoeve's pair up bot, that's his best job xD

Spoiler

3UKamF8.png

Ranged Dancer babeh!

Spoiler

uSsqTEa.png

Good old edgy boi Swordmaster. One of the 4 starters!

Spoiler

mDILKFo.png

Not as strong as Lianka, but still pretty good, especially since Daggers in this game bypass Def! Prayer Knife makes her invincible for a bit, and she can evade like craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

Since dancer is in her class name, i decided to teach her Taskmaster Ü

That and her high mov

Spoiler

nttCdvd.png

The Big K himself! Starts as a staff bot for the first 10 chapters or so, but once he get's some dex to cure his blindness and his Prf he is damn strong!

Also has monopoly on uber Physic staves

Spoiler

ckG6JDY.png

I hate Merlinus units.

Atleast this can haggle during preps, but i'd rather not have a unit whose only purpose is to get access to convoy

Spoiler

3FZsAJu.png

lol

Spoiler

UOr0F4y.png

wealth.gif

Spoiler

Rp8SqxZ.png

This dude...

So

Damn

Strong. 

Especially Sinagur. The weapon i had to repair first due to how much i relied on it, and why i decided to give him weapon Guard.

Such an amazing skill set. Crits, parries, Eva aura, lockpicks, 7 Mov. Tankiness. That dude got it all.

Tankiest thief ever.

Spoiler

0QuGgon.png

eUPinkH.png

IncredibleMajorEskimodog-max-1mb.gif

Spoiler

cfnrewj.png
VY2Eblr.png

My Pegasi luck strikes once again!

There's a reason why Pegasi Knights are my fav. FE class!

They never dissapoint!

Also Aslanne with +hit Aura is so gooooooood!

Spoiler

gycWQCt.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Funny how a little village girl is fighting while the dear princess the saga resolves around is busy getting saved all the damn time.

Spoiler

ba3GuFl.png

Some Axe dude or smth. Too many of them in this game xD

Not as good as Zayid, but better than the rest.

Spoiler

KhH0Iew.png

Worst unit in the game.

Spoiler

XxooPhy.png

Euphoria-sexual

Spoiler

mZmcw72.png
UV6tu8t.png

giphy.gif

Spoiler

QnArgVR.png

weakest mage in the game, but still a mage with a good prg which puts him above half the units XD

Spoiler

hNxBAc6.png
ulcz2iL.png
dUy253C.png

Kick Ass Trio. Strong, fast and support each other!

I do feel like Zayid got nerfed from VS1 tho.

Spoiler

7bGF3fL.png

Dragohealer Est with like, 3 chapters of availability.

Spoiler

Pocsqxb.png

And ending off the review with good old Bertie!

Strongest unit in the game lol.

It's as if Kaga saw Malig Knights and decided they aren't strong enough, and that they needed Brave effect to be truly good XD

20D well spent per turn, i say!

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine having a title as cool as Baron of Highfall, and the story behind it is that someone just chucked you out of a window and you bounced.

Catholics claimed the Virgin Mary saved the three victims. Protestants said they landed in a dung heap. Both assertions are too biased to say how the men really survived, invent your own answer.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That... is less wholesome.

That's the Thirty Years' War for you.😀 A few Habsburg imperial representatives go to Prague the capital of Bohemia (modern Czech Republic), to talk with Protestant nobles afraid of a very Catholic emperor stripping them of their freedom of religion. And then, the Protestants think killing the emissaries by throwing out a window will somehow make things better for them.🤨 It didn't. All it did was make it clear to everybody that negotiations were absolutely dead, time to begin preparing for war.

As Bohemia was technically an elective monarchy, when the current Habsburg monarch died the year after, the nobility chose to elect a Calvinist Wittelsbach instead of a Catholic Habsburg as they had done for the past 100 years. The new King Frederick I, the fifth Elector of the Palatinate of that name, was soon dubbed "the Winter King". Not because he had an ice-cold demeanor, nor because he was as ferocious on the battlefield as a blizzard, but because everybody expected his reign would only the last through the winter before the Habsburgs militarily crushed him for his usurpation of their title (and they made Bohemia hereditary instead of elective afterwards, just to make sure this never happened again). Freddy survived the winter, but lost the Bohemian kingship in November the following year. Fighting continued for the next 28 years because it's complicated.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

'm back!

A65lM1Y.jpg

Welcome back!

That moment when you try to write all day and end up with a page and a half.

3ZECRNY.jpg

Edited by Benice

I'm back!

Jo!

I hope you enjoyed your time ;D

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

That moment when you try to write all day and end up with a page and a half.

3ZECRNY.jpg

me during Thesis and project reports.

CF, its the best because its the shortest !

On a more serious note, don't make the same mistake I did, and take some breaks for something else between routes, that way the dull monotony of how repetitive, and similar a majority of the routes are is less painfully obvious.

32 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I feel like he got kinda nerfed from VS1, dunno. Well, his hit aura is honestly all i needed from him

Dude didn't cap defense; clearly nerfed 😛

34 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Good Neighbor is such an under appreciated skill...

55 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Good old Z, or as King C calls him, the Big Z himself!

Typical sowrd lordie, nothing to see here. Except the lockpick he got from Cezar being glued to him xD

He should be stronger. Considering he starts out much better, the Edelstern got buffed like crazy, his aura starts out busted, he has a horse that can walk up cliffs...
It's really funny how Zade can climb cliffs with a horse but can't do so on foot. Guy is playing by Skyrim rules.

The only thing that got nerfed about him are his class caps. They are somewhat lower, but still miles above what every other mounted unit got.

Starting out in an advanced class and having somewhat poor availability hurts his exp gain. It's worth noting that Potential not only gives +50% EXP but also completely nullifies the EXP penalty of advanced classes.
So while someone like Sujata only sees a 50% exp increase, an advanced unit like Abrahm has their EXP gain more then doubled. Gong from 66% of the standard EXP income to 150%.

Why is this so interesting in the context of Abrahm? Well, his class is special. He has a special version of the Grand Guard class that caps all stats besides movement at 30. So he has the potential to be completely insane in terms of statistics. You get a statistical beast which also buffs nearby allies. Pretty neat.

Ranged Dancer babeh!

Really good choice to buff that one. It used to have 1 range and only 8 uses in the original version of the game.

Good old edgy boi Swordmaster. One of the 4 starters!

It's amazing how he just starts out with 24 Dex. He's so insanely accurate. Add in First Blood and Assassins get one-shotted before they can even try to attack him.

It's interesting that there are some enemies that carry both First Blood AND Critical Reprisal. Almost like they only carry it to screw over Ashram specifically. Though it's probably more meant to test if you are paying attention and if you understand how those skills interact with each other.

I hate Merlinus units.

Atleast this can haggle during preps, but i'd rather not have a unit whose only purpose is to get access to convoy

Don't forget the Herbs. Always love me some free Herbs.
He didn't actually have Haggle in the original 2019 version. Really good change there. Access to the stockpile makes him the best at selling. Might as well be the best at buying too. Until Mia joins anyway.

Interestingly he also learns skills at level... 14 I think. And also at level 30. Probably to give some incentive to add some extra utility to him by giving him Taskmaster. He has a good movement growth too. So yeah, you can have some fun with this guy.

wealth.gif

Did you notice that his name changed?

Giving him the Imbecile tome, though. Poor guy. He lost his debuff skill but he is still a hazard to have around.

Also Aslanne with +hit Aura is so gooooooood!

Imagine how busted she would be if she still had Critical Reprisal.

I suppose she had to lose at least one of her 3 uber skills now that she is a regular cast member.

He gets a pref if he is the one visiting the elder's village on his join map. Also lore, naturally.

Worst unit in the game.

He got 10 move and can scale cliffs. Surely you can think of something to do with that.

It's as if Kaga saw Malig Knights and decided they aren't strong enough, and that they needed Brave effect to be truly good XD

She does start out with rather low damage output per hit. But feeding her magic boosters just really breaks the balance her. Multistrike means they are twice as effective on her then on any actual mage. Then you can give her Dispell Effects to destroy what little hope the enemy had to slow her down.

I got the impression that the general consensus is very much the opposite. And VS1 Zayid can really only dream of reaching these kinds of stats.

I suppose a downside he has here is that he doesn't start out as far ahead of everyone. He is generally better then before, but he lacks a period where he reigns truly supreme.

Edited by BrightBow

People have survived higher falls yet many find it hard it to believe Emmeryn did. Smh...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

CF, its the best because its the shortest !

On a more serious note, don't make the same mistake I did, and take some breaks for something else between routes, that way the dull monotony of how repetitive, and similar a majority of the routes are is less painfully obvious.

I was actually thinking about playing one route of TH and then playing Xenoblade, it was definitely a benefit to have a lot of space between all my playthroughs of Fates.

Alright, that settles it, I'll play Three Houses and pick the house that I connect with most and then go on from there!

3 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I hate Merlinus units.

These book notes on medieval siege warfare I took have resurfaced in my head.:

1. Siege on the Move: “Tanks” and the Logistics of Siege Artillery
    1. Jan Zizka “the Blind”, Hussite commander at the aforementioned aborted siege of Prague, was highly successful and a pioneer of mobile warfare in Europe.
      1. His army was largely untrained townsmen and peasants. But it defeated veteran infantry and cavalry alike.
    2. Zizka’s great innovation- the War Wagon.
      1. A four-wheeled farm cart, modified into a fighting vehicle capable of holding 18 armed men.
      2. On the march, the wagon carried supplies.
      3. When the enemy was near in open country, they could be maneuvered to form a compound protecting their troops. During prolonged attacks, dedicated heavy shields could fill the gaps between the wagons.
      4. Placed on the high ground with a ditch dug up around it, the assembled war wagons could become a near-impenetrable fortress.
      5. Idea was possibly borrowed from the Russian version of the idea, called a goliaigorod.
      6. Resembled not so much ancient era war chariots, as modern tanks in their tactical use.
    3. Zizka modified his war wagons to mount artillery pieces in them. Possibly used in offensive operations.
    4. At the Battle of Malesov in June 1424, Zizka broke enemy formation by unloading rock-filled wagons atop a hilltop down onto the enemy, which shattered were attacked by his horsemen.
    5. War wagons became the hallmark of Hussite armies. Yet these required effective chain-of-command discipline, far from standard in the average medieval army.
      1. Maintaining the wagons in running order, deploying them on the move, working in chaotic battle conditions, meant the 18-man crew needed a division of labor rigidly enforced in action.

Also, the APC in Valkyria Chronicles and APCs in Advance Wars. I know some FEs have Rescue and others Pair Up, but dedicated carrier unit potentially better idea? 

Okay, I'm finally done with exploring Solstheim, at least just for the sake of exploring. Anything left to visit is involved with quests. On that subject, I finally cleansed all the All-Maker Stones. Well, except for the Tree Stone due to plot-reasons. Would be time to return to Skaal Village, but first I must finish up some other quests like at Kolbjorn Barrow. But that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This post marks the first post i'm sending from that gaming laptop i bought.

Hope it works really well for you!

...Hey, now I can yell at you whenever Yakuza 0 goes on sale on Steam! Nice.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Kaga is definitely in my backlog of games I need to play but as of right now my priority is Xenoblade and, brace yourself, Three Houses.

How could you say something so horrible?

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm honestly so excited to play TH, even if I don't like it it'll be so fucking nice to finally play the game that's been the main talk among the FE community. I've purposely avoided the subreddit and the Youtube scene just to avoid any spoilers so I'm very happy to have it in my hands.

I think you might like Golden Deer best. Just a guess, though.

6 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

The Big K himself! Starts as a staff bot for the first 10 chapters or so, but once he get's some dex to cure his blindness and his Prf he is damn strong!

That's one heck of a Karajan. Nice to see you liked him too.

Give him Taskmaster. He has a move growth, level skills, good lategame availability and isn't busy fighting like everyone else. It's actually a pretty decent strat!

My Pegasi luck strikes once again!

There's a reason why Pegasi Knights are my fav. FE class!

They never dissapoint!

I would say something, but these two are like, massively above average as far as peggies go (read, I actually enjoy using them, unlike all the peggies in FE), so... Yeah. Orphelia good.

maxresdefault.jpg

Funny how a little village girl is fighting while the dear princess the saga resolves around is busy getting saved all the damn time

Lilia Saga.

Worst character in the game. Not as a unit, that honor belongs to... Lucion, probably, but his involvement in chapter 16 annoys me so much.

Worst unit in the game.

It's the fucking technical bow. It cripples him. If you give him a better bow in his join map and he gets some levels to fix his craptastic bases, he can be really useful, but that stupid thing makes him look so bad. I can understand - I too thought he was awful the first time!

Hide contents

mZmcw72.png
UV6tu8t.png

giphy.gif

I'm fond of Claude. He has a massive chin, paragon and growths to cap every single stat by the time he rams his level cap. Fun.

Kick Ass Trio. Strong, fast and support each other!

These three are great. Zayid is a bit weaker than he is in VS1, but then, Sheela is highly improved and she sorely needed it, so it's fine.

Good ol' Kaga balance. But then, if a literal dragon was weak, it wouldn't make much sense, now would it?

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Catholics claimed the Virgin Mary saved the three victims. Protestants said they landed in a dung heap. Both assertions are too biased to say how the men really survived, invent your own answer.

The Virgin Mary pulled a cart full of dung underneath the window. There, now everyone is happy.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The new King Frederick I, the fifth Elector of the Palatinate of that name, was soon dubbed "the Winter King". Not because he had an ice-cold demeanor, nor because he was as ferocious on the battlefield as a blizzard, but because everybody expected his reign would only the last through the winter before the Habsburgs militarily crushed him for his usurpation of their title (and they made Bohemia hereditary instead of elective afterwards, just to make sure this never happened again). Freddy survived the winter, but lost the Bohemian kingship in November the following year. Fighting continued for the next 28 years because it's complicated.

Hey, at least he can say he made it through the winter lol

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

People have survived higher falls yet many find it hard it to believe Emmeryn did. Smh...

To be fair, Emmeryn fell a height of like 10 stories and cleanly landed on her head. She should've split in two like a watermelon.

But then, it's not like this series has ever been a stranger to ridiculous survivals. And even then, I've never understood why some people are so angry about the spotpass characters. That's like saying Lyon being playable in the creature campaign devalues his story's conclusion in the main campaign. No lol, you don't have to consider it canon if you don't want to, it's obviously outside of the main story.

4 hours ago, Sinon said:

Uh-Oh. Looks like I have to total another clock tonight before bed

Oh, dear. The poor clock.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 3 Ch.6 major spoilers (two spoiler boxes)

Hide contents
  Hide contents

With Mio being transferred to M's body, when you think about it, this means Mio is technically a milf now.

not only that..

Spoiler

thankfully mio had one month to recover from memory shock of baby-making with noah. her mask also help ofc.
from complete oblivious to having memory of it, now she know how it feels  before actually doing it. lmao.  dont forget that then she share her memories with (MC) noah

Spoiler

like so many people said already, this game doujins writes itself