• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This isn't to say there aren't better looking games on the systems they were on but given the circumstances, I think it's alright. Up until Three Houses.

It's seriously amazing how night and day Three Houses and Engage are in the visual department.

No kidding. The improvements are incredible. When I saw the lack of portraits I was skeptical, but they might get away with using the 3D models for everything, they actually look quite fresh!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will miss the crit cut-ins tho.

Not me. Never cared much about them, and the dramatic zoom-ins serve the same purpose anyway 

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wouldn't they just 3H as the base?

I hope not. Performance is not a big issue in a strategy game, but it was still beyond sad to watch it fail miserably to maintain a consistent 30 fps while looking outdated by two generations.

Three Houses was already built on top of Hyrule Warriors's engine. Let's not pile up more crap on top.

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Even gameplay wise i get more Fates feels (or GBA but with interesting mechanics) rather than 3H

GBA? That might be stretching it a bit. From what i could see of the numbers, they seemed pretty inflated (29 damage) which is in line with 3H. (I assume those pics aren't late game, either)

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hope not. Performance is not a big issue in a strategy game, but it was still beyond sad to watch it fail miserably to maintain a consistent 30 fps while looking outdated by two generations.

Three Houses was already built on top of Hyrule Warriors's engine. Let's not pile up more crap on top.

Performance is always an issue and SHOULD be prioritized imo. Even if run speed doesn't affect the game, why the hell should it be lagging constantly?

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

That was a crit, and the 42 was hacked as it was 11 or so in jp trailer xD

Most numbers we've seen are much smaller than 3H, between Fates and GBA

Tbh GBA numbers are inflated as well cause easy enemies haha so damage average would still be high in GBA era as well. 

Awakening also has inflated numbers all over the place so i doubt that would be a base for the system as well.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Cause it's easier than building one from scratch?

That matters little if you don't know how to actually use it.
It's an engine for a Warriors game. It's not suited for a non-action game. Without the developers that actually made Three Houses, that's just an insane task.

And that's assuming Koei even licenses out their engine, which I doubt. But if you are going to pay a licensing fee, probably better to pay one for an engine that's actually suitable for a strategy game.

That said

I hope it plays nothing like GBA. I'd take anything over GBA.

Gimme Fates 2

Fates is goodciv

Then again how skills are shown makes me feel it's nothing like GBA, which is good

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

Just now, BrightBow said:

That matters little if you don't know how to actually use it.
It's an engine for a Warriors game. It's not suited for a non-action game. Without the developers that actually made Three Houses, that's just an insane task.

And that's assuming Koei even licenses out their engine, which I doubt. But if you are going to pay a licensing fee, probably better to pay one for an engine that's actually suitable for a strategy game.

The bolded is true, but doesn't matter if they choose to make the wrong decision anyways.

I can't comment on this cause i don't know alot about it.

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

That said

I hope it plays nothing like GBA

Gimme Fates 2

Fates is goodciv

FE4 2, where little to none of the cast is "enjoyable" to use since the game revolves around certain chars and their weapons. 10/10 game design? XD

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

That said

I hope it plays nothing like GBA. I'd take anything over GBA.

Gimme Fates 2

Fates is goodciv

Then again how skills are shown makes me feel it's nothing like GBA, which is good

Apparently there are signs pointing towards durability being gone again, plus skills. Who knows, there might be GBA-like elements, but I doubt this will be a fourth GBAFE.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Imo they need to stay as far away from FE4-5 as possible gameplay wise. 

Hmm

FE5 they just need to get rid of the surprises and buff enemy units.

As for FE4..

Fixing unit placement is a must. These boring spread apart Kaga blocks are the worst thing about that game gameplay wise

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Apparently there are signs pointing towards durability being gone again, plus skills. Who knows, there might be GBA-like elements, but I doubt this will be a fourth GBAFE.

Hopium

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hmm

FE5 they just need to get rid of the surprises and buff enemy units.

FCM needs to get axed, it just rewards SPD way more than it already doesn't need to. And capture is kinda a meh mechanic imo as well, along with Fatigue.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

As for FE4..

Dixing unit placement is a must. These boring spread apart Kaga blocks are the worst thing about that game gameplay wise

Balance was clearly not considered for FE4. -_-

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

FCM needs to get axed

I think it fits some units.

What it needs is for it to be not hidden

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

along with Fatigue

Fatigue is something i used to be super onboard with, but soured on over the years. There're better wayd to encourage the player to switch characters that ain't straight disabling units that might be vital or needed or an event on the map

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah i don't think allowing 100% crit rate was a good idea in 776 or 3H.

Rutger slander smh

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No kidding. The improvements are incredible. When I saw the lack of portraits I was skeptical, but they might get away with using the 3D models for everything, they actually look quite fresh!

Not me. Never cared much about them, and the dramatic zoom-ins serve the same purpose anyway 

i actually like the new 3D model pose for battle preview. now it looks like a prep screen from fighting games. especially the one that fusion with Celica with floating tome. seems like it will change depending on their state (normal or fusion, showing actual equipped weapon/tome)

never thought theres other like me that doesnt care about crit cut-in. it gets boring fast. just showing different attack animation for each char and each weapon is enough to tell thats a crit