Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Marth massacres armies of his own men, Alm desecrates corpses, Eirika betrays her friend, don't even want to get into Seliph....

When does Marth fights fellow Alteans?

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

He sends his own men off to die all the time.

Especially during the War of Shadows.

Outside the Decoy situation, canonically that doesn't happen.

Also... it's war? Soldiers have to be sent to the battlefield, and yes, there's always the chance of dying. So then EVERYBODY is guilty of that one.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

hsnZnFb.jpg

Hey, SoV, if you're brave enough to use the word piss in a Fire Emblem game, you're brave enough to outright state that Celica has balls of steel.

Deen over Sonya? Now I'm even less proud.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Outside the Decoy situation, canonically that doesn't happen.

Also... it's war? Soldiers have to be sent to the battlefield, and yes, there's always the chance of dying. So then EVERYBODY is guilty of that one.

I think Dayni is meme'ing Excelblem playthroughs/maximum casualty runs xD

12 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I think Dayni is meme'ing Excelblem playthroughs/maximum casualty runs xD

I mean when the game explicitly gives you a reason to.....

That whole response was joking about them anyways.

I just remembered something from the Create an FE character thread.

We did make a Louis there, though the characters aren't as similar: both wield lances but the MaC thread painted him as a bit more absentminded than this Louis seems to be. Bit more able to notice Fauna, but not like he wants to sniff the flowers in his off time.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Deen over Sonya? Now I'm even less proud.

You're gonna hate me with the Teehee Madness then.

I usually pick Sonya and am disappointed we never got DLC to allow you to get both

45 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Behind those sumptuous lips lies the breath, the reek of the charnel house.

I like your funny words, magic man

Edited by ping

In today's edition of "Ruben has no restraint", I haven't been feeling like making progress this last couple of days. With Mario and Rabbids 2 and my holidays so close, I'm definitely feeling a want for a change of pace after so much hacking. So instead of progressing, I've let myself get completely carried away with an idea that had been rolling around my mind for a while.

So you know how in Genealogy and some other Kaga games, characters can have conversations that will grant stat boosts to them? I gave a jokey one to Amelia. Then I decided to make Franz's chapter 1 convos with Eirika and Seth give him minor luck boosts. Then I decided, hey, it's unfair to give this to him and not everyone else.

So now I've littered almost every mid-to-lategame chapter with convos for... almost the entire cast. Just throwing whatever I came up with at the hack. So that's a nice bit of text and effort that hasn't been spent on supports. Nice.

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

hsnZnFb.jpg

Ah, you're a Deen recruiter

tumblr_nic1mrztDv1tljkc0o3_250sq.jpg

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey, Est!

Didn't you...uh

...Didn't you die?

Est: "my death was greatly exaggerated".

8 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Is that enemy phase music i hear?

Pls no

Enemy music is back but Armor Knight now have about as much move as everybody else.

A soul for a soul.

32 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Prattle on you demoniac despot, prattle on.

I like your funny words, magic man

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So now I've littered almost every mid-to-lategame chapter with convos for... almost the entire cast. Just throwing whatever I came up with at the hack. So that's a nice bit of text and effort that hasn't been spent on supports. Nice.

Completionists right now:

FHtKvhs.png

Oh, and:

j38l0Lw.pngKxoRcDq.png_9qcw8c9.png

Odd fight, this one - Groudon hit Roshi with a Mud Shot early in the fight, which means that he was slowed down almost the entire time. TROGDOR just spammed Smokescreen, because the slow effect also meant that I couldn't safely swap him back to Ember. Main damage dealer: Faraday the Magnemite (Magnemite being a natural Groudon counter, I'm sure) with Sonic Boom, which for whatever reason deals 55 damage in PMD, while being a ranged attack.

I do have to question the AI, though - I told Magnemite to "go after foes" so that it could Supersonic Groudon for maximum disruption, but it refused to move even when Sonic Boom was deselected. Oh well, still one shot 😎

Nl9eGX7.png

Oh, and it's really nice to see, or at least be able to heavily suspect, that there's a Monster Room coming up. The ability to tell your companions to stay in place makes it so much less threatening, since you can just back off and take on the enemies one by one in the hallway.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Completionists already had two different Arran/Samsons to contend with. Three, even, but the third one's complicated.

Ah, but for Arran/Samson, just getting one of them is already the theoretical optimum. But now, a true completionist MUST field every possible combination of characters on every map, to make sure that they don't miss the super-duper important +1 Skl for Joshua that he gets by talking to Marisa in chapter 19!

9 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I know thee not, old man.mp4

I like his funny words, too, magic man

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Completionists already had two different Arran/Samsons to contend with. Three, even, but the third one's complicated.

https://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Homer-Simpson-Screaming.gif

5 minutes ago, ping said:

Main damage dealer: Faraday the Magnemite (Magnemite being a natural Groudon counter, I'm sure) with Sonic Boom, which for whatever reason deals 55 damage in PMD, while being a ranged attack.

Jeez, did PMD devs look at Sonic Boom and say "It needs more power!"

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

I usually pick Sonya and am disappointed we never got DLC to allow you to get both

You don't need DLC, there is a hidden path through the center of the desert. It'll let you beeline to Grieth and kill him without engaging Sonya or Deen.

Well, it's less that the middle path is "hidden" and more "forsaken". No sources of water is a problem, although the bigger one is a giant sandworm terror and its spawn. The north Zofian bedrock is too thick for it to crawl through, and it hates saline humidity, so it stays in the middle of the desert. I would advise promoting Genny and getting Mae to level 14, that way they can synchronize their magic with Celica and cast Shining Seraphim, three uses of that ought to make it rain worm guts, or less if it crits. Just be warned the spell consumes 10 HP per character per casting, and you'll still have any surviving sandworm spawn to deal with.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Jeez, did PMD devs look at Sonic Boom and say "It needs more power!"

Is it not normally 20 fixed damage with iffy accuracy? A weaker Dragon Rage? Why not buff it?

Okay... I think that's everyone. I think. Not everyone will gain stats, but almost everyone has a convo. Everyone but the super late joiners, 21x and beyond. Maybe I'll give those something in the first new chapter. Sounds like a neat place to throw some convos into.

...Also, holy shit, the event to hire Rennac without L'Arachel to nab him for free is utter gibberish in code. How did this happen? When I did it later on it wasn't half as difficult! I only used one patch for fancy menus, but I could definitely have done it without patches, even. What did you do, IntSys? I can't buff Rennac like this...

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Ah, but for Arran/Samson, just getting one of them is already the theoretical optimum. But now, a true completionist MUST field every possible combination of characters on every map, to make sure that they don't miss the super-duper important +1 Skl for Joshua that he gets by talking to Marisa in chapter 19!

They will suffer for their misguided principles or move forward to a brighter future.

Also good guess, but no. Chapter 19 is where Artur and Natasha talk to gain 3 HP each. Oh and Gilliam exchanges some defense for a point of movement, but the HP is the real deal here.

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

https://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Homer-Simpson-Screaming.gif

Yeah. Fun, huh? I did say I've been evil in a couple of places.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, it's less that the middle path is "hidden" and more "forsaken". No sources of water is a problem, although the bigger one is a giant sandworm terror and its spawn. The north Zofian bedrock is too thick for it to crawl through, and it hates saline humidity, so it stays in the middle of the desert. I would advise promoting Genny and getting Mae to level 14, that way they can synchronize their magic with Celica and cast Shining Seraphim, three uses of that ought to make it rain worm guts, or less if it crits. Just be warned the spell consumes 10 HP per character per casting, and you'll still have any surviving sandworm spawn to deal with.

I wish the game could let me be this stupid and go for it.

(To make things worse, you then have both join Greith and you have to avoid killing them and kill Greith first in what then becomes a defeat boss map.)

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is it not normally 20 fixed damage with iffy accuracy? A weaker Dragon Rage? Why not buff it?

That fixed damage actually does pretty good work with when it's learned in game most of the time. Tends to 2-shot pretty frequently.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone but the super late joiners, 21x and beyond.

So if I got this right, that's...... Scorched Sand getting a gaiden.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah. Fun, huh? I did say I've been evil in a couple of places.

For a definition of fun.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also good guess, but no. Chapter 19 is where Artur and Natasha talk to gain 3 HP each. Oh and Gilliam exchanges some defense for a point of movement, but the HP is the real deal here.

Yo what.

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So if I got this right, that's...... Scorched Sand getting a gaiden.

Yep, that is correct.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Yo what.

My initial idea was to make him lose some con for speed, so he could be carried around easier. But I couldn't do that, so I went for the more straightforward option. Do wonder if it's too much, this is definitely subject to change.