Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ivy is shown fighting against Elusians as I mentioned before. There's also a scene where Sombron is about (?) to kill the old bad guy who I'm guessing is Elusia's king. That guy dies because the Four Hounds no longer need the Elusian Royal Family but Ivy and Hortensia escape and the Four Hounds then go "wow guys, your princesses just killed the king, that's crazy and also treason".

Screenshotting this to see if my prediction comes true.

I was also thinking something like that. Not on being false accused and thus their own country turn against them, but more on Elusia being taken over (whether conventionally or with mass brainwashing) and they have to join the heroes to free their people.

• Replies 176.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

ZRiPHf0.png

Reclaim the slur, Ike.

mIvWT6x.png

This girl needs to learn some self respect.

z6K3tuF.png

I don't think I've ever used Pure Water in a Fire Emblem game.

ilkTRcD.png

He's with us in spirit.

qT9D14l.png

See, Ike agrees with me/

bqkhXCj.pngiW5mCt4.png

I like this little pre-battle conversations, giving insight on characters and how they are feeling at specific points in the story.

DF3NpuD.png

Who's also racist.

k4bFA7G.png

How are stealth maps even supposed to work.

vLEO4G7.png

Wait if I can break down these doors than what the hell was the point of hiring a thief?

WCD1PaP.pngXHKjMzF.png

gDIrr6M.pngmDU8BxA.png

I'm going to be hearing these jingles in my nightmares.

MfoDSLz.png

All the speed and defense in the world...but not an ounce of strength to utilize it with!

Seriously, Ike so far has the lowest strength of most of the team, and he's one of the highest leveled!

ZzhJHPe.pngmZKWYgF.png

That's the last time I post this video, I promise.

*sigh* I need to stop relying on hit chances...

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Reclaim the slur, Ike.

Puts the Beorc's use of sub-human into further perspective, huh, if human is already a slur.

I like this little pre-battle conversations, giving insight on characters and how they are feeling at specific points in the story.

Base Conversation were certainly a nice addition. Combined with the standard supports, it can really flesh out the game world.

Depends on the game I guess. Usually out of a specific range (at the most, attack range), sometimes outside their entire move and attack range. As you could guess, you gain BEXP if remain undetected.

Wait if I can break down these doors than what the hell was the point of hiring a thief?

I'd assume breaking it down causes more noise than picking the lock. I don't think it counts as being discovered if you do break down the doors, though...

All the speed and defense in the world...but not an ounce of strength to utilize it with!

Seriously, Ike so far has the lowest strength of most of the team, and he's one of the highest leveled!

Ah, that's going to be bad... once you reach a certain point... at least, if you want to do X outcome over Y outcome.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I mean, I can do basic. Sure, it's not going to change my life, but that's okay, I don't go to FE looking for outstanding stories.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ivy is shown fighting against Elusians as I mentioned before. There's also a scene where Sombron is about (?) to kill the old bad guy who I'm guessing is Elusia's king. That guy dies because the Four Hounds no longer need the Elusian Royal Family but Ivy and Hortensia escape and the Four Hounds then go "wow guys, your princesses just killed the king, that's crazy and also treason".

Screenshotting this to see if my prediction comes true.

If only that shot of the guy lying on the floor meant he's about to be scared into joining the team.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

DF3NpuD.png

Who's also racist.

Come now, you know he's going to grow out of it. That's how every character like this develops. Bonus points if it's revealed that the character is racist because a single person of the ethnicity they hate did something bad to them once 37 years ago!

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

k4bFA7G.png

Spoiler alert: Badly.

vLEO4G7.png

Because Path of Radiance is a very stupid game.

...On a more positive note, Volke is neat.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ZzhJHPe.pngmZKWYgF.png

Eh.

Acceptable losses.

That's the last time I post this video, I promise.

That's okay, it's the best part of Three Houses.

*sigh* I need to stop relying on hit chances...

One day you will learn, young friend.

So you can still be a pacifist, or I guess a non human killer, in the Japan part if you fight the spirits, which is pretty much mandatory for progression against the mandatory boss I guess, because he’s wiping the floor with me. Which means I have to go all the way back to the earlier parts of the castle to fight spirits. Joy.

Also in the dungeon, there’s this cell with this guy pretending to be the prisoner you have to free and he’s marked as the objective on the map, but if you talk to him, you have to kill him. Can I just ignore him? I opened the cell door and saved like that but the game just lets me stroll out if there, so…

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...On a more positive note, Volke is neat.

Vol… ke? Never heard of it.

Just now, Sooks said:

So you can still be a pacifist, or I guess a non human killer, in the Japan part if you fight the spirits, which is pretty much mandatory for progression against the mandatory boss I guess, because he’s wiping the floor with me. Which means I have to go all the way back to the earlier parts of the castle to fight spirits. Joy.

Also in the dungeon, there’s this cell with this guy pretending to be the prisoner you have to free and he’s marked as the objective on the map, but if you talk to him, you have to kill him. Can I just ignore him? I opened the cell door and saved like that but the game just lets me stroll out if there, so…

There are some mandatory fights, yeah. 0 kills nets you a reward at the very, very end. It's... not worth it, honestly, you just do that if you like the challenge.

Just now, Sooks said:

Vol… ke? Never heard of it.

True, only Sothe.

This one in particular I usually open with Titania bonking the nearest soldier on the head. I've never even bothered to make an attempt to be sneaky. You get a bunch of BEXP if you do, but seriously, it's not worth the headache. Plus, I think that you get a similar amount of combat XP if you just go for the Dimitri approach.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

3 Str procs in 13 levels is pretty rotten luck. You might want to save up your Str stat boosters (once you get them, you haven't missed any) in case it doesn't get better.

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So that you can pay him 50 gold to open them

You still can't smash open chest and I don't think you get enough keys for all the chests in the game. Plus, breaking open doors tend to take two attacks, so Volke is useful if you're in a hurry.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There are some mandatory fights, yeah. 0 kills nets you a reward at the very, very end. It's... not worth it, honestly, you just do that if you like the challenge.

So I’ve read.

I’m still doing it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True, only Sothe.

x6I9VOx.png

I love Monster Hunter Stories 2 so much. Looks like I've cycled my fixation into this game now! Only the final boss is left standing in my way.

Oh wow, they're going to update Broforce. I didn't think I'd see the day again.

...Hopefully they fix my laptop's fans going apeshit with that game specifically.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So I’ve read.

I’m still doing it.

Fair enough!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

x6I9VOx.png

Even this is OP, because PoR is a very good game

40 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

JOOOOOOOOO

My Ike was the same Lmao

dDTc9E2.png

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

they're going to update Broforce.

Bro what

I was stuck at the final boss and was never able to finish it, this is a good chance for a revisit XD

I wish there were more historical strategy games that didn't heavily focus on war.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now, you know he's going to grow out of it. That's how every character like this develops. Bonus points if it's revealed that the character is racist because a single person of the ethnicity they hate did something bad to them once 37 years ago!

Honestly it would make far more sense if the rural members of the team were super racist with Soren as the outlier, or at the very least have this personal arc of him learning how much his school lied or kept away from him.

29 minutes ago, ping said:

3 Str procs in 13 levels is pretty rotten luck. You might want to save up your Str stat boosters (once you get them, you haven't missed any) in case it doesn't get better.

Point taken because Jesus Christ.

4 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

JOOOOOOOOO

My Ike was the same Lmao

dDTc9E2.png

Hahahaha!

Isn't Ike supposed to be the hardhitting strong lord?

24 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Well, and his PRF later in PoR is kinda busted

Speaking of, i wonder why US switched their names around. 

Edit: wait, Ragnell is the same, Alondite and Ettard are swapped from JP.

Edited by lightcosmo

12 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

WVHv5K4.png

And I love how fliers look on the map! In general units seen from above is a lot better than what Three Houses managed to convey. I can actually tell who is who.

I always felt that tutorial in the lower right takes up way too much screen estate. You can disable it in the options if you want.

19 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I wish there were more historical strategy games that didn't heavily focus on war.

So what's the alternative? Or just not a fight between nation-states? So Blazing Blade?

I guess it's a numbers issue. Else you fight the hundreds large Assassin's Guild instead of Army...

Honestly it would make far more sense if the rural members of the team were super racist with Soren as the outlier, or at the very least have this personal arc of him learning how much his school lied or kept away from him.

Well... just keep playing...

Point taken because Jesus Christ.

Hahahaha!

The "joy" of having 50% growth rate.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

PoR!Ike just has really good growths in every single stat. For example, if you compare him with Oscar, Ike ties him in Mag and Skl, and beats him in every single other stat. It's balanced out by so-so base stats, swordlock, and a story-based promotion that's a bit later than you'd naturally promote him, but Ike (normally...) has very good, balanced stats in the later parts of the game.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So what's the alternative? Or just not a fight between nation-states? So Blazing Blade?

I guess it's a numbers issue. Else you fight the hundreds large Assassin's Guild instead of Army...

You could point at CK2/3 (focus on playing your character) and Vicky2/3 (economy go brrrrr) as games where war is an important aspect, but not something you have to go for. It seems to be especially true for Vicky3 (haven't gotten it yet, so this is just from watching an LP) where it seems to be very viable to stay inside your borders and just build up your industry and try to modernise your laws and government.

Less "historical" and more "history-inspired", but the Civ series also allows for a pacifist playstyle, although I think Civ5 is the only one in which "found 4-5 cities, science go brrrr" is actually competitive, if not more powerful, than at the very least eating one or two competitors before going for science or culture victories.

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I always felt that tutorial in the lower right takes up way too much screen estate. You can disable it in the options if you want.

It hasn't bothered me much so far but we'll see how I feel.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was talking about Grand Strategy games or Four X games. Games like EU4 and Civilization. They have elements of other aspects of ruling an empire but ultimately it's the expansion and invasion of other territories that gets the most focus in those games.

I'd love something that focuses on the urban planning and internal politics of a state.

I hear Victoria III has a lot of that but it's quite new and knowing the genre (and especially paradox) it's going to need one  or two expansions to feel complete.

40 minutes ago, ping said:

PoR!Ike just has really good growths in every single stat. For example, if you compare him with Oscar, Ike ties him in Mag and Skl, and beats him in every single other stat. It's balanced out by so-so base stats, swordlock, and a story-based promotion that's a bit later than you'd naturally promote him, but Ike (normally...) has very good, balanced stats in the later parts of the game.

You could point at CK2/3 (focus on playing your character) and Vicky2/3 (economy go brrrrr) as games where war is an important aspect, but not something you have to go for. It seems to be especially true for Vicky3 (haven't gotten it yet, so this is just from watching an LP) where it seems to be very viable to stay inside your borders and just build up your industry and try to modernise your laws and government.

Less "historical" and more "history-inspired", but the Civ series also allows for a pacifist playstyle, although I think Civ5 is the only one in which "found 4-5 cities, science go brrrr" is actually competitive, if not more powerful, than at the very least eating one or two competitors before going for science or culture victories.

40 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It hasn't bothered me much so far but we'll see how I feel.

I was talking about Grand Strategy games or Four X games. Games like EU4 and Civilization. They have elements of other aspects of ruling an empire but ultimately it's the expansion and invasion of other territories that gets the most focus in those games.

I'd love something that focuses on the urban planning and internal politics of a state.

I hear Victoria III has a lot of that but it's quite new and knowing the genre (and especially paradox) it's going to need one  or two expansions to feel complete.

Ah, I see. I'll admit to also just wanting to nation-build instead of map paint. At least, depending on context. Like, in my CK2 playthrough of my planned mega-campaign, I only grabbed De Jure Hispania (and De Jure Tangiers, admittedly), and stopped expanding. Though I still joined foreign wars, crusades, and stuff. At least it'd give my ever-expanding military something to do, hehe.

And that's why the late game was the wars between Catholics and Buddhists in north Hindustan and the Tibetan Plateau. I sent my Court Chaplains to proselyte so much in the early game the Pope had to look for Crusade targets by the eastern border of the game map.

26 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Anyway can the Mexicans kick the Argentinians out tomorrow please

Don't worry. We're always ready to disappoint.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I am not expecting anything from this world cup anyway, but i always welcome a surprise. Mexico winning tomorrow will be a nice one!

At the very least, us winning will prove Argentina angered someone for sure...

I finished Twilight of Edo Japan. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the other two. 

Spoiler

That was because it was a lot of blind wandering around a massive dungeon while the plot didn’t progress for 80% of it until the end when the prisoner we’re trying to rescue comes in and saves us out of nowhere. This little mechanical copy of Oboromaru came and joined out of nowhere but died immediately because of a mouse, and he has super obscure join conditions that I just happened to randomly trigger while playing. And then immediately fell into a hole, which also killed him, but you know, that one makes sense.

Apparently you can take him to an optional boss that I didn’t fight, so that’s kinda interesting I guess?

But after that, none of our questions are really answered. I mean, Ode Iou just transforms halfway into a venomous frog, and we just accept it. We also never learn anything about the problems Japan’s supposed to be facing that were set up, nor how Oboromaru’s actions were at all related to that. We also don’t learn a whole lot about the prisoner, but we do learn that he’s called Sakamoto Ryoma and that’s it, but apparently he was a real dude, and I’d never heard of him but maybe he’s more recognizable to the 1994 Japanese audience this game was made for, because the game treats it like that’s supposed to mean something. Or maybe I’ve been living under a rock, which is a definite possibility. Idk. Apparently that’s also the name of someone in Yakuza, so clearly Benice should be playing this.

At the end I chose to join the prisoner, just because he was nicer to us than the dudes at the beginning who we presumably would’ve gone back to. And he gave that whole speech about valuing mercy, so he seems like a better dude to follow.

On the subject of that, he gives Oboromaru a sword despite the fact that the chapter literally ends there. It’s almost like he’ll be playable again somehow, somewhere…

I do think the dungeon would’ve been a bit more enjoyable to explore if I wasn’t trying to be pacifist, because there are a few segments that force you into fights you can’t flee from so you have to just reload to avoid those, and if you don’t happen to know that you can kill the spirits and golem puppet things you have to go back and grind for the mandatory bosses or just… die, presumably (unless I’m just bad at the game). It would’ve been impossible to get 0 kills if I’d freed the prisoner earlier in a different way, which I’m glad I read about ahead of time. That would’ve been annoying. There is an objective marker but it leads you to a fake-out scene that forces you into an encounter you can’t run from that adds to your kill count. And presumably the only way to get it to lead you to the right spot is to do the encounter, which means you just don’t get an objective marker if you’re doing 0 kills. Although tbh, I’ve never been a big dungeon crawler guy anyway, and that was the entire chapter.

But anyway, onto the Wild West after a break. This chapter took me a lot longer than the other two because of the blind trial and error.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But anyway, onto the Wild West after a break. This chapter took me a lot longer than the other two because of the blind trial and error.

That one has a fun final battle. Potentially, for the most part.