Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I already can't draw hands.

What possessed me to believe it was a good idea to draw Alear doing yoga?

19 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Gilbert and Jeritza on their routes. Seteth as well. Catherine, Shamir and Cyril in SS too, but the latter's probably too late to use and the others will still be behind the party unless you're on a speedrun.

The one method I can think around that would be pushing supports using mission assistance and when they hit B recruiting themselves, but you need to enter to get them to begin with and only get one at a time, alas.

That makes two or three characters per route that join automatically. Everyone else requires monastery. The support thing is clearly not intended to be used as the main method, considering how slow and inconsistent it is and the fact that certain characters can't even be recruited like this due to a war phase lock for the B support - not to mention, the optimal ways to level support are, once again, monastery activities. You can do it without, but it's so much slower.

Honestly, just the fact that I won't need to be wasting time eating 10 meals per exploration to recruit characters is great. Recruitment being tied to the monastery was like, the main reason it was difficult to avoid, and it seems pretty clear it's not a thing here. So that makes me happy.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Finally, English subs.

Now that I can understand what's being said...

Apparently anyone can polish a ring, and it's used to improve relations with the emblem, so that you can inherit skills from them. This... does annoy me, I'll admit. I don't want to go through the cringe for skills. I hope just using them in battle also improves relations at a reasonable pace.

Oh, so that arena where Vandad and Framme were duking it out serves to gain proper experience, unlike in Houses where it just gave items! Interesting. Streamlining grinding, I suppose, though I would expect this to be limited somehow.

We really are getting Emblem Maker, it seems. Shame about Ninty Online still being the same shit it was years ago. I won't get any use out of this. Too bad.

Kitchen seems to be a combination of My Castle and Monastery kitchen (or both Monastery kitchen activies, if you will), where you get both supports and statboosts from meals. Good.

Lilith with a meme face is called Sora. I love them already.

Yoga boosts the character's stats for the next battle. This concept of bringing a weaker unit up to speed by making them work out is utterly hilarious, but again, it doesn't seem to be something you absolutely have to do or you miss out on things. Good, good.

Star Alear seems to just be for fun.

Alear is narcoleptic and needs allies to keep them from oversleeping. Hilarious.

Most importantly, I can't see anything like Professor level mentioned or shown anywhere, meaning it won't be as important to grind fishing. Oh, that's excellent.

12 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

pxrIEUR.png

Oh?

I see you've seen it too.

Didn't mention it above, but... yeah, this caught my eye as well. A battle gauntlet sounds more interesting than just plain grinding maps.

14 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

One major reason why i think the hub won't be as bad here:

I won't have to replay the game 40000 times to get everything

Oh, and thank goodness for that. Bye, routes. Won't miss ya.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't mention it above, but... yeah, this caught my eye as well. A battle gauntlet sounds more interesting than just plain grinding maps

If it's something like a limited forced ironman (play maps in a row with no saving inbetween) for really good rewards, would be cool.

Apparently anyone can polish a ring, and it's used to improve relations with the emblem, so that you can inherit skills from them. This... does annoy me, I'll admit. I don't want to go through the cringe for skills. I hope just using them in battle also improves relations at a reasonable pace.

I have a feeling it will be more like Fates threehouse. A way to increase support, but not the only way

Edited by Imperator Squilla

Wonder how the fortune telling will work actually. Is is as fluff as Mr. Hubba or will there be actual impacts?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kitchen seems to be a combination of My Castle and Monastery kitchen (or both Monastery kitchen activies, if you will), where you get both supports and statboosts from meals. Good.

One shame is that stat boosts look like they're tied to the units who Alear sits with? That's a shame and something that probably would have happened if they didn't split the two in 3H, a decision I was fine with.... Well, less so how limited those boosts really were in context to that game.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, so that arena where Vandad and Framme were duking it out serves to gain proper experience, unlike in Houses where it just gave items! Interesting. Streamlining grinding, I suppose, though I would expect this to be limited somehow.

So it's like Training Grounds in NMotE, I did expect that when I saw it.

Genealogy's arena and 3H's arena comps felt a bit closer to me, but eh.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So it's for anyone.

And the skills aren't that openly accessed? You'd have to do it for each character? Actually boo, please tell me the latter isn't true.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yoga boosts the character's stats for the next battle. This concept of bringing a weaker unit up to speed by making them work out is utterly hilarious, but again, it doesn't seem to be something you absolutely have to do or you miss out on things. Good, good.

It adds stat boosts?

Let's go, Buff Bois!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We really are getting Emblem Maker, it seems. Shame about Ninty Online still being the same shit it was years ago. I won't get any use out of this. Too bad.

One map per account? That sucks.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't mention it above, but... yeah, this caught my eye as well. A battle gauntlet sounds more interesting than just plain grinding maps.

So, gauntlets of maps to clear? Wonder how that'll work. Will there be fixed ranks of difficulty? Will it be level banded around in game progress?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Alear is narcoleptic and needs allies to keep them from oversleeping. Hilarious.

>Alear goes to sleep

>Someone finds them asleep

>Is concerned

>Walks right up to then, hovers over their ear and goes:

"DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT! LISTEN, TO THE SOUND, OF MY VOICE! FOLLOW IT BACK!"

(Funny enough, you can change difficulty in the bed. There's a joke here, I know it.)

33 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

If it's something like a limited forced ironman (play maps in a row with no saving inbetween) for really good rewards, would be cool.

Yeah, it sounds more interesting than regular old skirmishes.

33 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I have a feeling it will be more like Fates threehouse. A way to increase support, but not the only way

That'd be ideal, considering I never even knew the treehouse gave support bonuses. Didn't visit it enough to see it do anything lol

17 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

One shame is that stat boosts look like they're tied to the units who Alear sits with? That's a shame and something that probably would have happened if they didn't split the two in 3H, a decision I was fine with.... Well, less so how limited those boosts really were in context to that game.

I don't know actually, I think I saw the subs say "boosts for everyone", but I could be mistaken. I'd have to watch it again, we were leaving so I had to skim a bit.

So it's like Training Grounds in NMotE, I did expect that when I saw it.

Kinda. We'll have to see in which way it is limited. If this, too, costs gold... This is starting to resemble Berwick levels of things to spend money on.

So it's for anyone.

And the skills aren't that openly accessed? You'd have to do it for each character? Actually boo, please tell me the latter isn't true.

I doubt it's the ONLY way to get skills, to be fair. But we'll see.

It adds stat boosts?

Let's go, Buff Bois!

Yoga Emblem for optimal strats.

>Alear goes to sleep

>Someone finds them asleep

>Is concerned

>Walks right up to then, hovers over their ear and goes:

"DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT! LISTEN, TO THE SOUND, OF MY VOICE! FOLLOW IT BACK!"

I feel like shit after an hour of napping, I can't imagine Alear's headache after a millenium long nap.

(Funny enough, you can change difficulty in the bed. There's a joke here, I know it.)

I mean, in Sparks of Hope difficulty is initially set based on how much trouble the vacuum cleaner feels the team will have. Alear dreaming difficulty into existence sounds appropriately funny for this game.

Seems River City Girls 2 will be going for 40 bucks. A shame but it's definitely not going to be a day 1 buy for me.

Doesn't help that the first one lacked a lot of quality of life features that made the game needlessly obnoxious.
I know the sequel has a training mode at least. I'm sure there will be plenty of improvements like that. But I can't help but feel cautious.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, in Sparks of Hope difficulty is initially set based on how much trouble the vacuum cleaner feels the team will have. Alear dreaming difficulty into existence sounds appropriately funny for this game.

And then you have Disgaea, where upping the difficulty -at least in the very first game- is done via the passing of legislation. IDK whether the legislature is naturally receptive or opposed to such a measure, if the latter, well then the real difficultly would be bribing or defeating the lawmakers to get it through.

5 hours ago, ping said:

FIQZMpm.png

Yeah seeing this now. It did spring up because it appeared he was wearing Yeezes on the stage and the fact that he appeared on InfoWars (not by Alex Jones tho) but i'm also finding out he was the guy who held up the "free Taiwan" shirt during an NBA game.

This whole story is wild man.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not that I care, mind. If there's no major gameplay benefits to this that for all intents and purposes force me to do it, I'll be fine with its existence. Or any of the Somniel nonsense, for that matter. It's all good as long as they don't try to force it on me. Let me just go to the maps if I feel like it.

This is... not guaranteed, so I will have to wait until closer to release to make sure. Somniel being Monastery 2.0 as opposed to My Castle 2.0 would be a rather heavy blow to my hype. But Engage has only scored wins so far, so I'm decently hopeful.

And off we go

Fjni9tDXkAAltg2?format=jpg&name=large

the mere presence of a traversable world map confirms to me that Sominel is My Castle 2.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

One major reason why i think the hub won't be as bad here:

I won't have to replay the game 40000 times to get everything

Sominel is also like way, way smaller.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the funniest character trait lmao.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Funny enough, you can change difficulty in the bed.

I wonder if you can freely change it this time, as opposed to just one-way down.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then you have Disgaea, where upping the difficulty -at least in the very first game- is done via the passing of legislation. IDK whether the legislature is naturally receptive or opposed to such a measure, if the latter, well then the real difficultly would be bribing or defeating the lawmakers to get it through.

And then there's Rune Factory, which, while not about difficulty, lets you pick a gender by how you feel on an airship.

21 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

If witch outfit is a thing for Alear i will play F!Alear

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I'll play Femlear anyway. I don't like Malear's hair.

Iono what I'll do, honestly. At least female Alear's design isn't completely atrocious like female Byleth's was.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah seeing this now. It did spring up because it appeared he was wearing Yeezes on the stage and the fact that he appeared on InfoWars (not by Alex Jones tho) but i'm also finding out he was the guy who held up the "free Taiwan" shirt during an NBA game.

This whole story is wild man.

He's..... certainly willing to mess about.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Weird.

I guess they're playing upon Leif being a Gen 2 unit as well?

What could they have gone with besides? They don't do nations for these so Thracia is out (And with that that's the non-number part of the title out), Survival.... I dunno if that or something like Perseverance would work for everyone, Struggle would probably be best in that case

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I guess they're playing upon Leif being a Gen 2 unit as well?

What could they have gone with besides? They don't do nations for these so Thracia is out (And with that that's the non-number part of the title out), Survival.... I dunno if that or something like Perseverance would work for everyone, Struggle would probably be best in that case

Honestly, I thought the Genealogy moniker woulda fit Seliph better. But that's just me. ...Unless it turns out Sigurd's ring is also a twofer.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, I thought the Genealogy moniker woulda fit Seliph better. But that's just me. ...Unless it turns out Sigurd's ring is also a twofer.

We would've seen that by now.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Inb4 the localized version of Engage has this removed.

...Actually, I realized if they don't do that, Engage will actually outfates Fates. Goodness gracious.

I think this is getting out of proportion, trying to equate the ring polishing with skinship. Unless it's just for the memes.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to worry, racist uncle will come back to life for the sequel.

That almost felt like an MCU ending message. lol

"Shinon will return in Radiant Dawn"

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wow, Morocco en route to pass to semifinals?

All thanks to shit goalkeeping

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, Pom Party.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think this is getting out of proportion, trying to equate the ring polishing with skinship. Unless it's just for the memes.

I mean, I heard Sigurd in that bit, there's a reason the comparison's being made.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wow, Morocco en route to pass to semifinals?

RonalDonotpassgo

Morocco for the last 4 is history making.

Morocco have the blanket defence, the rest just can't get out of it once it's thrown over them

Edited by Punished Dayni