Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

jB83GSA.pngVsKUUxc.png

Well unfortunately, none of them have unique character designs.

ZCGJNy3.pngL1KZwZB.png

There's a history joke in here somewhere.

QAwZ2b8.png

So if only men are being conscripted into the army, how did gals like Jill and Petrine show up?

ShQjTeZ.png

I wonder how Fire Emblem royals would react to democracy.

57Yf1O9.png

The idea of a person hating a group of people so much that they don't even want to discriminate them is so fucking funny to me.

a9qPtud.png

What's that Ulysses S. Grant quote? "I don't think God created weaker races just for them to be wiped out"

sj9HcZJ.png

Haitian Revolution | Causes, Summary, & Facts | Britannica

iISFCNH.png

Say it a bit louder for the conservatives in the back.

e8zDJ3B.png

Weapon triangle.

N6IQnLE.png

7m1qGaR.png

JLaflHx.png4OkHPgG.png

These two being nearly tied in highest defense in the team is great.

eimk3Rn.png

Eik.

Y8KxjH8.png

Two Soyjaks Pointing HD Template - Background removed [4096*3239] | Two  Soyjaks Pointing | Know Your Meme

OHIZ9NK.png

I hope Petrine defects, or at least does some act of redemption before the end of this game. I doubt it and I imagine they're saving that kind of thing for Ena or The Black Knight, but I think it would be interesting to see the King react to all the people closest to him opposing him and how that would affect his chaotic philosophy, whether he doubles down or not.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So if only men are being conscripted into the army, how did gals like Jill and Petrine show up?

Voluntary, I suppose. Alternatively, the conscription is for the war with Crimea, and they both had already joined beforehand.

Chaos_star.svg

tommy lee jones men in black gif | WiffleGif

The idea of a person hating a group of people so much that they don't even want to discriminate them is so fucking funny to me.

Not with racism, but... ... ... ... it's not funny, trust me...

Haitian Revolution | Causes, Summary, & Facts | Britannica

That and revenge, if the theory Laguz also had Beorc slaves when they were the ones discriminating is true. But we don't really know, so who knows. Or the fear of an equivalent to the 1804 Haiti Massacre.

Eik.

Oh dear, but I think he is now doable for... well, you'll see...

Two Soyjaks Pointing HD Template - Background removed [4096*3239] | Two  Soyjaks Pointing | Know Your Meme

Roll Credits. Well, half of them.

I hope Petrine defects, or at least does some act of redemption before the end of this game. I doubt it and I imagine they're saving that kind of thing for Ena or The Black Knight, but I think it would be interesting to see the King react to all the people closest to him opposing him and how that would affect his chaotic philosophy, whether he doubles down or not.

You'll see I guess.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I like that Faraway Park is full of cats at night, hahaha.

Well, soon wrapping up this section and returning to Headspace... but I won't go through that last sequence right now. Not at night... or this late at night at least.

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Spoilers, I guess?

Spoiler

Hm, interesting.

Suppose it's another case of RD not really having enough time to develop all of its characters. It does certainly seem that Kyza is trans in the JP version, or at the very least non-conforming to gender norms. To be honest, I personally think FEH using they/them seems like a reasonable interpretation of Kyza's character given that they do use masculine pronouns in formal situations and feminine pronouns in personal situations.

...They're not quite the same as Rosado, though, since Kyza doesn't really appear as notably feminine. I suppose we'll see what they'll do with them when Engage releases!

1 minute ago, Benice said:
  Hide contents

Hm, interesting.

Suppose it's another case of RD not really having enough time to develop all of its characters. It does certainly seem that Kyza is trans in the JP version, or at the very least non-conforming to gender norms. To be honest, I personally think FEH using they/them seems like a reasonable interpretation of Kyza's character given that they do use masculine pronouns in formal situations and feminine pronouns in personal situations.

...They're not quite the same as Rosado, though, since Kyza doesn't really appear as notably feminine. I suppose we'll see what they'll do with them when Engage releases!

When it comes to Rosado, I feel they could be just retreating ground, as in, a second Forrest. But yeah, what exactly the situation is we won't see until the game comes out.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Stardate 3497235.0951, Nintendo's release of AW 1+2 got cancelled yet again after the sudden invasion of the Andromeda Cooperative by the Triangulum Technocracy.

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Fans of FE awaiting a new title after Fire Emblem ΒΕΣΤ, released on Stardate 3497235.0899, reportedly wailed in anguish

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, a somehow still alive Kaga has just released Vestaria Saga MCIII and still puts at least three female characters in chains...

Breaking news: There was a panic at the human colony of Uranus when a subset of androids took to the streets. What initially appeared to be the beginning of an uprising turned out to be a relatively harmless campaign to encourage people to "play" something known only as "bearweek saga." The androids have been repossessed by the Space Police and are currently being dismantled in an attempt to discern the identities of their creators.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Well unfortunately, none of them have unique character designs.

Oh, don't they?

JLaflHx.png4OkHPgG.png

These two being nearly tied in highest defense in the team is great

Best Mustache Man has something else to say.

Incidentally, this map is where I quit this game. Too many chapters of the game being utterly mindless. Shame, would've liked to use Tauroneo for at least a bit. He's great.

You're putting much hope on an evil dominatrix stereotype, but them, this IS the greatest FE story ever written, so perhaps it will make the difference?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I like that Faraway Park is full of cats at night, hahaha.

Well, soon wrapping up this section and returning to Headspace... but I won't go through that last sequence right now. Not at night... or this late at night at least.

What are you, a chicken? Cheep cheep cheep cheep!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When it comes to Rosado, I feel they could be just retreating ground, as in, a second Forrest. But yeah, what exactly the situation is we won't see until the game comes out.

I'd expect this, personally, but we'll have to see. Engage has only pleasantly surprised me so far.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/ys-x-nordics-announced-for-ps5-ps4-and-switch

Looks nothing like Ys 9

GOOD

2030 english release?

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The androids have been repossessed by the Space Police and are currently being dismantled in an attempt to discern the identities of their creators.

The theocracy of Rubenio still lives?

Edited by Imperator Squilla

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're putting much hope on an evil dominatrix stereotype, but them, this IS the greatest FE story ever written, so perhaps it will make the difference?

I'm most certainly not inclined to put Path of Radiance on a pedestal.

If I compare it favorable to Awakening, it's because it set the bar just that low. Not just making the characters all complete monsters but more importantly insulting the players by expecting them to be so narcissists that they won't care as long as the characters suck up to them personally.

29 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The theocracy of Rubenio still lives?

The Rubencracy never dies.

24 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I'm most certainly not inclined to put Path of Radiance on a pedestal.

Hey, I know I sounded deeply darcastic, but no joke, I do think it is the best FE story. Whether that means it's the one I personally like most, one that is truly remarkable outside of the context of FE or one that compensates for PoR's gameplay being PoR's gameplay are different questions entirely.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Pretty sure the only Pokemon she knows is Pikachu anyways because a family member sent her a Snorlax sticker on WhatsApp and she thought it was cute.

She understands Snorlax's appeal of wanting to be left sleep.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Jotaro_SC_Infobox_Anime.png

Jotaro_DU_Infobox_Anime.PNG

Jotaro_SO_Infobox_Anime.png

What was Araki doing?

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Pokemon Violet (and Scarlet but this is the version i played) is quite possibly the biggest asterisk i've ever seen in gaming. (Review)

Well that's a way to put it.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Originally picked this game up so i could exclusively play with my friends (this agreement fell through lol), i ended up playing through a whole Pokemon game, something i've not done since Sun & Moon back in 2016. Originally i wasn't expecting much out of the game but as i played through it more and more, i realized i.....was having fun. I was having fun with a Pokemon game.

The open-world of Paldea is a breath of fresh air for Pokemon, something the series very desperately needed. Being able to do whatever you want, following three separate stories that converge at the end was great. But here's the first asterisk: the game isn't really balanced around it. There's no level scaling so it's totally possible for you to fight Iono as your 8th gym and watch as you destroy her Pokemon live. Still though, while the game is broken in half pretty easily, it manages to stand out in the story. Pokemon has not had a story this good since Gen 5 and i say that because i'd argue it's better than Gen 7's. The open-nature of the game made this possible i feel. Path of Legends and Starfall Road each had good payoff and while Victory Road was more standard, it still felt better than most Pokemon games. And then comes the final act of the game and the stuff that happens there, oh boy. While Gen 5 still has the better story overall, the finale of SV goes hard. It legitimately made me giddy because i love the sort of shit that happens during the finale.

But once again, we hit another asterisk: the lack of voice acting. The ending to the three storylines are all great but the emotions fall flat when i see no sounds come out of the characters' lips. The finale that went hard? Yeah it would've gone way harder if there was actual voice acting and it absolutely astounds me that there are Pokemon fans who are totally fine with the series staying mute forever.

The new batch of Pokemon are great. Tinkaton my beloved. Honestly, i kinda wish the game did the BW thing of forcing you to only use new Pokemon until post-game (with the exceptions being Pokemon that gained new evolutions this Gen, like Bisharp). People probably would've complained about it but in a post-Dexit world, would it have really made a difference? Probably not. That's another asterisk btw, but a more personal one. I do think i would've enjoyed this game more if i didn't have to worry the coin flip that would determine which Pokemon would return in the next Gen. Though we all know Terastalizing is being axed in Gen 10. Speaking of, i didn't really use it that much, it felt like a poor man's Mega Evolution. That's what all the gimmicks have been lately, just poor attempts at recapturing what made Mega Evolution so cool.

As a whole, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are the games the series really needed after it began falling off mid-Gen 7. But then we reach the biggest asterisk of them all: the game is unfinished. It's easily one of the worst-looking Nintendo games on the Switch and also one of the worst preforming. It is not that visually demanding yet it's lagged on me way more than games like Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade. I'm not asking for triple AAA graphics but it's clear the series is at a point where it can't keep doing yearly releases. But it's pointless, the game sold 10 million in three days, you know damn well Game Freak and the Pokemon Company are gonna keep pumping things out.

Music pretty decent.

Honestly though, that finale could've brought this game up to an 8/10 but the sheer asterisks i've had to give this game.... a 7/10 is fine.

Add this to the "Game needs work done" pile of reviews that tPC will never look at.

Nice to see at least it was fun.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, found something that could explain more in detail:

https://amielleon.dreamwidth.org/90765.html

Spoilers, I guess?

Reveal hidden contents

So the original idea is that Kyza was meant to be trans? 

Spoiler

What seems to be clear is that they don't want to let this guy be any of that without getting some digs in, so I wonder.

Anything been said about Kyza in Heroes then? Are they NB in Japan too?

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

QAwZ2b8.png

I think they're on about at this moment in time, while Petrine and Jill had other avenues to get to their respective ranks than being conscripted.

ShQjTeZ.png

Probably the same way as TPP

e8zDJ3B.png

Weapon triangle.

Nephenne:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/024/196/sign.jpg

4OkHPgG.png

Amazing.

QAwZ2b8.png

Presumably they volunteered. Fairly certain it is the same with the US where women can volunteer for the army, but don't have to register for the draft.

JLaflHx.png4OkHPgG.png

Well done Astrid.👍

Gotta say, Marian's redesign in River City Girls really was wonderful.

Marian_-_River_City_Girls_2_-_02.png

And I don't even mean her abs per so. It's the fact that previously she kinda didn't have a design.
In the first Double Dragon she had a red cocktail dress. Probably a brunette. Though artwork generally shows her as a blonde. So blonde with a red cocktail dress seems to be the most common depiction.
Marian_-_07.png

As far as stock video game damsels go, that's about as nondescript as it gets. Like, you couldn't even tell her apart from Jessica from Final Fight.

FFJessica.png

So I'd say a radical redesign was most certainly in order.

I suppose a lack of personality was a problem with Double Dragon in general. Like, Haggar, Cody and Guy from Final Fight were most certainly more memorable than Bimmy and Jimmy Lee.
The only thing about Double Dragon that proved to be really iconic was the original Arcade and NES intro.

If you know only one thing about Double Dragon, it's probably that it starts with a lady getting punched in the gut.
As far as leaving a lasting legacy goes, few would probably consider that ideal.

Edited by BrightBow

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

They're all goodie two-shoes so they probably wouldn't mind it.

Edelgard especially wouldn't mind it.

6 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Looks nothing like Ys 9

GOOD

2030 english release?

But Shrimpy, the game is already out

Jokes aside, seems Ys is jumping on the "open-world" trend. You think Adol gets PTSD every time he gets on a ship.

Where is this Obelia Bay, i don't see it on the map.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

What was Araki doing?

Araki also doesn't age so i guess it makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edelgard especially wouldn't mind it

Edelgard doesn't want democracy, she wants a Meritocracy.

Infact, the only one who suggested it was Claude in 3 Copes, and in an absolutely idiotic way anyway.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You think Adol gets PTSD every time he gets on a ship.

Ship crash or game over or bad game

Just now, Armagon said:

Araki also doesn't age so i guess it makes sense.

That explains JJBA's interest in vampirism, Araki is trying to figure out his flavour of immortal.

Elvish Jojos explain the title of the next series.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They're all goodie two-shoes so they probably wouldn't mind it.

Edelgard especially wouldn't mind it.

Until people start voting "wrong", as she'd then put it once she's raising an army again to topple democracy.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hide contents

What seems to be clear is that they don't want to let this guy be any of that without getting some digs in, so I wonder.

Anything been said about Kyza in Heroes then? Are they NB in Japan too?

Spoiler

Other than English using they/them... I don't think so. Would need to look if Japan also goes for NB or sticks to what they already did in Tellius.

6 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Looks nothing like Ys 9

GOOD

2030 english release?

Really "Nordics"?🤨 I mean "Norse" might be the proper word here technically, but "Nordics" is still a real word, meaning multiple people from Nordic countries. Could they not have given us something closer to "Romun" or "Garman" or "Afroca"? How about... "Nohrse"?

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Ship crash or game over or bad game

Ship battles sound strange here.

The Sega JRPG Skies of Arcadia (which you might be aware of b/c two VC1 playables) had kinda-fun one vs. one ship battles in addition to the standard on-foot turn-based combat, but those were airship battles. 

I'm also aware of various Western developed games that probably had ship battles. But the games I'm thinking of have pirates in a tropical Caribbean setting, not Viking longships (which admittedly I see none of in the pictures so far provided) in the Arctic and northeastern Atlantic Ocean.

With regards to the regular combat, it sounds like they're reducing things from an active party of 3 -as has been the case of the past four Ys games- to a party of 2. I don't have any qualms with this, if removing an AI companion is accompanied by an appropriate decrease in enemy durability and quantity. This might make combat more... tactical? In the sense that the player has half the invincible clobbering AI to rely on and smash enemies that can compensate for their own errors. Probably better for the game's frame rate too. I'm also thinking of those Grimwald Nox battles, where having a heroic all-out sixsome should've been a sevensome made things too chaotic in general.

Lastly...

Ys-X-Nordics_2022_12-15-22_005-1280x720.

Hoverboard. Hmm... how free, fast, fluid, and limitless its fuel be?🤔Might be fun, might disappoint.