• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

qyZ5MF22_o.jpg

EDIT: AH FUCK I forgot to color the patties... Okay headcanon then, they're grey patties from grey cows that Garon brought from his home planet

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

anyway, time to start sparks of hope

Best of luck, lots of Luigi and may the speed donuts be with you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Upon defeat, Inova retreats. He still stands that Zagato won't be stopped, and even brings up that Clef has been turned to stone by him. The Magic Knights try to get him to see reason, if he is content with letting Zagato lead Cephiro to ruin. However, Inova doesn't care, saying he only serves Zagato and nothing else is of importance. Thus he leaves. The group doesn't pursue, instead digesting the news. They don't take it a good sign that Zagato overpowered Clef. Meanwhile, Lafarga wakes up. He explains he was part of the princess' royal guard, and challenged Zagato to a fight... which he lost. Thus, coming under his mind control. He thanks them for having saved him, while warning them of Zagato's alliance with the Northern Sage. Soon he'll deploy the Black Knight into the battlefield. With that explained, Lafarga takes his leaves, intending to fighting Zagato's forces his own way. The Rune Gods then tell the girls they'll depart to a pocket dimension, but they can be called upon anytime. Thus they disappear.

With everyone back onboard, some of the group is in awe with this summon at will thing. Regardless, the Magic Knight say that now that they can fight alongside them, they'll now be able to throw their own weight around, though since they are still novices, they'd still be glad for any assistance. The Shangri-La crew find it amusing that now they are the ones being looked upon. Nearby Sikie tries to cheer Shion up, but he is still too set in his ways of questioning fighting in the name of duty and justice, still only caring in rescuing Remul. Thus the stage ends...

Okay, I did got the TacP Bonus! I like how for the ones that are money, they sometimes brings up that it's "selling the footage to the fans", hahaha. It's part meta, since some of their comments reflect actual fan standings. Okay, let's see if I can continue...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ahahaha, that TacP Bonus dialogue. The girls bring up that the Rune Gods had the forms of a Dragon, Bird, and Lion... then it's bought up the mechs of the Brave Express are those too. Then wonder if the Rune Gods could combine like the Brave Corps can. That would've been cool...

Three Hearts as One! Getter Ray... *shot*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Oh man the music going so hard in the freaking prologue

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Ok

Why is a prologue battle fire?

I warned y'all back then. Yoko went completely and utterly nuts for this game.

Also how's the difficulty?

Fine, I'd say. I didn't have too much trouble, but it wasn't a walk in the park either. A few battles I survived by the skin of my teeth.

Loool

Legends say each HYUUUU lengthens his neck by a centimeter.

One day he will be long enough to tell the gods themselves that he's a mad scientist.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fine, I'd say. I didn't have too much trouble

On difficult? I changed to that atm

Altho the no healing thing is kinda iffy might change that later if i notice it's too much lol

Edited by Imperator Squilla

On difficult? I changed to that atm

Altho the no healing thing is kinda iffy might change that later if i notice it's too much lol

I did maximum. Including the no healing. Armagon changed it immediately, but I frankly found it to be fairless harmless. I rotated my team often, spending a few coins from time to time when my entire team was wounded was more than affordable.

Rabbid Peach has more heroine power and presence than Peach ever did xD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did maximum. Including the no healing. Armagon changed it immediately, but I frankly found it to be fairless harmless. I rotated my team often, spending a few coins from time to time when my entire team was wounded was more than affordable.

I see

Let's how i will do then!

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Rabbid Peach has more heroine power and presence than Peach ever did xD

Rabbid Peach is absolutely fucking terrible and that makes her a lot better than Peach lol

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Jeanie with that portal energy lmao

Jeanie and Beepo being assholes to each other is the highlight of the game's story. Not that there's much story, I mean, it's Mario, but I just love how half of what there is is those two being dicks to one another.

Hello again Teehee.

I saw one of the stupidest freezes I've ever come across this morning. There was a courtyard in front of a station that had turned into slippery ice overnight. Like, walking on it was a risk to your safety. I was worried I'd have another fall.

I missed a train partly because of this.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Remember when Zekrom showed up in the beginning and then never again? For fucks sake, even Ho-Oh returned, making a proper appearance after the latest episode of Journeys.

Of course I don't, why do you think I asked about the Unova anime?

"Somehow, Ho-Oh returned"

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They just be picking anybody now.

Only true once Condiment King or Kite Man's a main villain in live action Batman with a spin off explaining their origins that takes three hours and depresses all of us.

Or that doctor who just wants to turn people into dinosaurs, if he's obscure.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

They funny part is out of the 3 kanto starters (not counting Pikachu) Charizard is the worst of the 3.

I don't know that I'd say that so quickly in earlier gens (like, 1-3, if that?), but the meta was anything but kind since.

Megas aside of course and even then imperfect solutions, but much more viable than base form.

When you think about it, Water is a funny typing with regard to what it can handle and arguably more meta than people let on. I think ti could do with some considering what could change.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

pi7Emv8.png

It isn't uncommon for those with publicly perceived "low-class" accents to fake a more "proper" accent when applying for more professional jobs, it's a regional accent discrimination that's prominent in all countries.

Can confirm, less here than it used to but still sort of there.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

4dZGnvm.png

What a powerful staff that Rhys will never be able to use because my team just dodges every attack that's thrown at them effectively making Rhys heal like 2 people per chapter.

Good job!

Also, Rys is weird, in that light and staff magic are tied together. So chipping with light magic raises his Staff rank.

I should use him if I replay PoR.

Just now, Green06 said:

ORAS talk? When?

I recall you saying you weren't all that fond of ORAS.

2 minutes ago, Green06 said:

I was on about the physical manga, but still.

https://uploads.dailydot.com/b52/ef/brentrambooriginal.gif?auto=compress&fm=gif&ixlib=php-3.3.0

1 minute ago, Green06 said:

Mega Venusaur also gets Thick Fat.

Shame it's Mega Only but yeah, Thick Fat on Venusaur is good choices.

(Wish more Grass types had it, but there's only Appletun besides)

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

The best I've ever "done" was "Pokemon: Kanto and Johto Sagas". Which would've been an RTS maybe if I changed it to TBS I'd be able to go Kaga and make it happen it in old age via SRPG Maker that begins as the "typical badge journeys", but around Vermillion and Cianwood become much more "save the world" focused. I was able to write full plot outlines of this, which was fairly easy b/c I was adapting existing regions and characters some plotlines.

The original lengthy document is lost I believe, buuuuuuuuuut (REALLY LONG!)...

Reveal hidden contents

The leads wouldn't have been player inserts, I got rid of them altogether sacred bleu!. Instead, it would've been Green/Blue as your eager shounen protagonist for Kanto Saga, and for Johto Saga, Silver.

• Their first companions would've been...
    • Daisy Oak for Green/Blue. B/c Pewter City is a little too far away for my liking and she'd be given a Clefairy b/c the First Pokemon Manga I'm told picked a (maybe bonkable) Clefairy as the First Lead In A Story Pokemon. And she would also provide a Fairy-perfect affinity trainer, the gameplay needed one.
      • She more or less tags along solely b/c her little bro is overeager and reckless and all that stuff.
    • Faulkner for Silver. B/c both stories would turn into "collect the gym leaders" as fellow trainers usable in battles. Faulkner was given a longstanding friendship with Silver, which began something like after Faulkner's father died, Silver came by to the Gym, saw its new "leader" rather morose and told him to suck it up. Rude, and it's not like Silver doesn't have daddy issues, but it got Faulkner to move on, he was thankful for that.
      • Faulkner's reasoning for leaving his gym temporarily is indeed to save the world -from Silver. Because I decided that he gets to the main hero who is also a total donkey (which makes this pure fanfiction Nintendo would never approve)! Peak "Silver is a jerk" would be reached relatively early, around Goldenrod b/c Silver does not get along with Whitney, after this it declines and Faulkner would have to do less damage control.

After this, it would be hitting up gym after gym, seeing all the usual sites en route at some point. And also stopping the villain teams.:

• Team Rocket was split in two:
    • Giovanni's Rocket in Kanto. Lead by the former Gym Leader of Viridian (Agatha got the job, as in the anime at some point IIRC, allowing Karen to show up and take her E4 place.)
      • Borrowing from what I remember reading of PokeManga, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Koga, and Blaine were all made Team Rocket members.
        • Surge got his first taste of discipline in TR, later left b/c his morality got in the way, and he hid his real past b/c he is embarrassed by it.
        • Sabrina was Giovanni's right hand woman.
        • Koga went missing one day, leaving his daughter in charge of the gym. It later turns out he joined TR, but he's actually a good guy and later reveals his true heroic colors.
        • Blaine developed his gambling streak after being the only survivor of When Mewtwo Went Berserk. He fought with Rocket until the Mewtwo Incident was resolved, oversaw the construction on all the seals (to keep Mewtwo in and everyone else out) on Cerulean Cave and Mewtwo's cryostasis. He then totally destroyed all data from the Mewtwo Experiment and retired to Cinnabar.
    • Giovanni's Rocket wants Mewtwo and Mew.
      • Mewtwo would be nice for Mewtwo itself, but the real goal would be to mass-produce Mewtwos, an unstoppable force. If Mewtwo later defied Team Rocket, then that wouldn't be a problem, as long as they had a sample of their DNA.
        • Not sure if I made a big deal of the Berserk Gene, but surely this "special strand of genetic code only found in Mewtwo" would be amped up in the clones.
      • Mew is that DNA font that is it, need I say any more?
    • Johto got Apollo's Rocket.
      • Instead of proclaiming "Come back Giovanni!" during the Radio Tower Takeover, they'd be shouting "We're the Rocket Renegades! Your days are numbered Giovanni!".
      • Pryce, borrowing from the PokeManga where he was a villain, would be Rocket-related. My version made him the former boss of Team Rocket, whose crowning glory was to be the Mewtwo Project. Its catastrophic end saw him having to issue orders to get Mewtwo under control and then sealed, during which Giovanni schemed. Once the crisis was done, Pryce realized a coup was in the works, that he had no real power left, and fled to distant Johto.
      • Apollo became Pryce's son, having been told by his father of his glory days at Rocket, Apollo, against his father's insincere warnings, built the Johto branch up from almost nothing. All for the sake of his father. Who at the Radio Tower betrays the heroes and takes the leadership of the Rocket Renegades.
      • Goes big with the legendaries, since Apollo is a bit brash and overly ambitious- first the three beasts of Johto, then their master.
  • As if that was not enough evil, foreign interlopers are showing up in Kanto and Johto.
    • First is the "Cipher Expansionary Force". Greevil, his sons, Lovrina for a scientist & female, and Nascour.
      • Evice has Orre under his thumb, which he is using as a power base to eventually overthrow Greevil.
      • Greevil's response? Go abroad and convert Lugia and its avian trio to Shadow status, Evice won't stand a chance. They use Citadark as their primary base, though they expand to the Sevii Islands as well.
        • Zapdos is the very first legendary in the Sagas to get captured. After Vermillion's gym, the "Power Plant Panic" happens. Power across Kanto goes out, the source being at the Power Plant, where, IIRC, the few Kanto infiltrators of the Rocket Renegades turned it off. I forget why.
        • Near the Power Plant is the Old Plant, which was abandoned when energy tech advanced and a new one was built nearby. It was to be demolished, but nobody noticed Pokemon had moved in, and Zapdos thundered out a warning to humans not to do that. To keep people out of the rusting facility, barriers and fences and whatnot were built, but many of them depended on the new plant for power. Cipher knew Zapdos was here, and really lucked out when the outage happened. Nascour leads the group here who seize Zapdos, and because he has a liking for dramatic vanity, namedrops his organization.
        • Lance and Sabrina also show up as temporary reinforcements for the Green-Daisy-Brock-Misty-Surge hero group before heading into the Old Plant, the outage is a big enough crisis for this, and those who "fled" (actually invaded) into the Old Plant must be dealt with.
      • Other than an encounter at the Whirl Islands (but not the depths of the islands, Cipher was trying to secure the islands in advance and were engaging in piracy, but it was a foolish mistake), The Cipher Expansionary Force is primarily an enemy of Kanto Saga.
    • Snagem in this world joined Cipher originally, thinking it a promising advance in their criminal career, then they betrayed when they felt Cipher's puppet strings too tight. Snagem lost their chance at freedom, and fled Orre for their own survival -barring the one white-haired traitor.
      • Snagem is the weakest of the villains for sure. IIRC, they do end up working with Apollo, for a time.
      • They also enter an alliance with Will, the evil E4 member. He never explains why he wants power, he likes being a little enigmatic, but he does.
      • Together with Will, they pursue Celebi. Kinda the weakest legendary, and it's only one, but time travel is strong. For Snagem, it'd be a chance to start over after a disastrous downfall.
      • Will and Gonzap are primarily found in Johto Saga. I might have tossed one appearance of Snagem in Dark Cave, but that was it.

Eventually, I haven't remembered everything...

• In Johto...
    • Apollo and Pryce captures Raikou south of Blackthorn City and rips the "Thunder Masque" off its face, which comes long after Suicune had its "Crystal Emblem" stolen north of Cianwood. Thus greatly weakening the beasts, not so legendary anymore. Anyone with can unleash the power from these objects.
    • With regards to the Champion and Elite Four...
      • Champion Lance was in Blackthorn trying to establish a "Reborn" Pokemon League in honor of the divine mission heard from Raikou or Entei (I forget which) at the Lake of Rage. Agatha might've been in Blackthorn too but I know she needs to end up in Kanto somehow.
      • Bruno IIRC was sent to Kanto by Karen much earlier, for she could tell something was coming.
      • Karen, IIRC, fled Indigo Plateau sometime after the Radio Tower Takeover b/c she disagreed with Lance's radical zealous stance.
      • Lorelei had been MIA for a while b/c captured by Cipher when investigating mysterious activities in the Sevii Islands, the Kanto heroes rescued her, but she remained in Sevii dealing with the Cipher presence there.
      • ...This left Will alone, at Indigo Plateau. While the Johto heroes were fighting Lance after he tried arresting them on their attempted return to Blackthorn (which is when Karen joins as a fugitive), and then the attack of the Renegades to get Raikou who was with Lance (he abandons him after losing in the Dragon's Den, humans are pathetic and prone to arguing with themselves he decides).
        • Thus, Will silently seizes power for himself. The Johto heroes have to go and stop him. Karen had a hunch, but Lance wouldn't listen, and she didn't have enough clout on her own.
        • After humiliatingly defeating the very emotional Lance in the champion's room and ripping off his cape, Will loses in turn to the heroes, but successfully flees.
  • In Kanto...
    • Koga shows himself a hero atop the Silph Co. building. Mewtwo, I forget why exactly, decides to break alliance with Giovanni. Mew protects Mewtwo or the heroes or something and ends up being captured by Team Rocket. Mewtwo doesn't join the heroes just yet, choosing to rest up and heal first for some reason IIRC.
    • Cipher then does the audacious and throws everything it has at Victory Road. It has confirmed Moltres has fled there after the Kanto heroes stopped them in Sevii. Since the timing coincides with Will's silent coup, the Pokemon League resistance is weak, and the final legendary bird is captured at last.
  • Thus, the Kanto heroes are in Victory Road, the Johto heroes are inside the Pokemon League HQ. As one walks out the doors, the other is walking towards them. At last, they meet. Things become "Kanto-Johto Sagas Unite!".
  • Although, things aren't very united. As the heroes split almost as soon they meet, and only briefly recombine between these events...
    1. The "Johto Split"
      1. Whirl Islands-
        1. Cipher knows Lugia won't hide with its servants captured. Time to head into the depths of these islands and take the prize.
        2. The emotionally-shattered Lance runs off on his own (he is such a moody hassle sometimes) to stop them.
        3. Green, Bruno, Karen, Agatha, and Clair all must go this way. I intended for the player to pick the rest of their crew, not sure now if that was the best idea.
        4. Lugia sides with Lance (manga!), they both lose to the heroes, Cipher shows up and gets what they want.
      2. Sacred Tower-
        1. Reports indicate that the Rocket Renegades have attacked Sacred Tower to bait out Ho-Oh, even though Entei remains on the loose.
        2. Silver, Faulkner, Morty, Chuck, and Jasmine (I wanted to make everyone mandatory at a split at least once, even if they needn't be) go here.
        3. Entei, who had fled to the far north after Mt. Mortar IIRC so as to avoid capture, cannot resist defending its master's roost. Eugene brings Suicune and Raikou to the Tower too, though powerless, they want to be here for their master. The Fire Crest is thus taken and Ho-Oh descends on the rooftop.
        4. Pryce blasts Ho-Oh into submission with the three relics stolen from its servants, but ha! Ho-Oh is stronger than that, and sends Pryce nearly off the roof. Apollo doesn't help his father, for being given the cold shoulder and having lost to the heroes yet again right before the blasting at Ho-Oh, he snaps, he tries attacking Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh decides to burn the Sacred Tower to the ground in anger, but the beasts disagree with their master's judgement on humanity, they create a warp sigil that saves the heroes, and Pryce selfishly cowardly sneaks into it too. Silver gives a good angry shout at Pryce after this, and he leaves them for now, not intending to get in their way, they let him go as they have bigger concerns.
    2. The "Kanto Split"
      1. "Celadon Forest"- A place I invented near Celadon City, I didn't want to use Ilex Forest and I wanted a double-Kanto split.
        1. The heroes reunite after Whirl & Sacred and learn of potential criminal activity in the depths of Ilex. When they get there, Mewtwo. Celebi being another cute 100 BST special edition legendary like Mew, I decided that when Will & Snagem struck Ilex to find Celebi, Mewtwo heard its cry like that of Mew and decided to investigate. Snagem and Cipher have fled to pursue Celebi, who fled to Celadon Forest.
        2. Green, Daisy, Bugsy, Whitney, Erika, and Misty go this way.
        3. Celebi is caught, and time travel is almost attempted. Almost, because Lance and Lorelei show up. She helped him get himself back together.
      2. Team Rocket HQ in the Pewter Mountain Range
        1. IIRC, as the heroes with Mewtwo attempted to head to Kanto for Celebi, Team Rocket had finished the Mewtwo clones and begins unleashing waves of them to subdue Kanto and Johto. Though easily repelled from distant Johto, Kanto isn't as lucky, even if they manage to defeat Sabrina in the field. Kanto's forces will run out of steam in time. Time for the final battle with Giovanni!
        2. Green wants to be on this team, which for the player makes sense b/c he is the lead of Kanto Saga. But Silver puts a halt to this, though he doesn't explain why. Time for the first time in the entire Saga for Silver to finally meet the man he loathes with a passion. Surge, Koga, Janine, Blaine, and Brock all go this way too. Mewtwo comes along.
        3. Sabrina was shaken ever since Mew protected the others. She betrays to the heroes during the operation here.
        4. Giovanni in his boss battle room reveals Mew in a machine and after the heroes refuse to surrender, injects Mew with a lethal serum. He loses, he tries demanding more of the clones, they go haywire and start destroying everything. The clones are all destroyed, but the base is totaled, the heroes barely escape with Silver saving his dad. Pryce shows up with amazing timing, sprinkling freshly-made Sacred Ashes from the former Sacred Tower upon Mew, which work b/c the serum was a slow death. Giovanni and Pryce, the two former Team Rocket leaders, join.
    3. The Final Split
      1. Citadark Island
        1. The location of Cipher's HQ has been discovered. Their plans for Lugia and its servants must be stopped.
        2. Green, Lorelei, Lance, Will.
        3. The Shadow-fied Bird Trio and Greevil and his sons are defeated before the "Anti-Purification Chamber" is completes its job. Eldes then betrays, and Greevil, disappointed in his treasonous son, does the unthinkable having no other choice and converts himself into Shadow energies, putting the finishing touch on Shadow Lugia. Who then flies out, taking the remaining Shadow Pokemon with it. 
        4. Meanwhile, Evice and others are in Realgam making an unexpected last stand against those powerless fools who have somehow driven back Cipher's unchallenged reign. Nascour is a butt-smoocher, so since the Greevil ship is sinking, he fled to Orre after earlier losing in Citadark.
      2. Mt. Silver
        1. This is where it has been discovered Ho-Oh is. It went strangely silent and left humanity alone after the Sacred Tower. Trainers and their Pokemon sent to investigate have all gone MIA.
        2. Silver, Giovanni, Pryce, Sabrina.
        3. It turns out the Rocket Renegades atop the Sacred Tower weren't killed. They, their Pokemon, the investigators, and the Legendary Beasts have all been brainwashed. Ho-Oh intends to mentally force harmony between Pokemon and humanity.
        4. Ho-Oh is defeated, the Legendary Beasts are freed and restored to full power. Apollo regains a slight measure of freedom, but squanders it by attempting to touch Ho-Oh, his ambition is still enduring in him. Ho-Oh is so incensed by this that it absorbs and purifies Apollo's soul to get rid of it. Ho-Oh becomes "Indignant Ho-Oh", the divine opposite of unholy Shadow Lugia.
  • Shadow Lugia and Indignant Ho-Oh are drawn to each other, and the calculated trajectory has them meet at Tohjo Falls, the site of the final battle of the Sagas.
    1. The clash of the two trio masters has the potential go on for years and destroy Kanto and Johto in the process, this cannot be allowed to happen. 
    2. The heroes of Kanto and Johto break into three teams at the Falls: Green to the east, Silver to the west, and Lance as the champion of the two regions to the north. 
      1. Green Team must subdue Shadow Lugia whose Type has changed to pure Shadow. 
        1. Celebi and the birds are here to help purify Shadow Lugia.
      2. Silver Team must subdue Indignant Ho-Oh whose Type has change to pure Indignant.
        1. Mew and the beasts are here to help "calm" Indignant Ho-Oh.
      3. Lance Team can help either team being in the middle (maybe "a keep the legendaries apart, or else you take big damage" mechanic would be a good idea).
        1. Mewtwo is strong enough to endure being attack by two trio masters at once.
      4. The idea of the battle is that once Lugia and Ho-Oh lose a third of their HP, you have a limited time to purify/calm them which requires some setup of the allied legendaries. The final bosses won't take anymore damage until you do, and will regenerate health if you don't do it in time. You repeat a second time, and then a third and last, this time Mewtwo has to get involved in the setup.

Things would end in peace at last. Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief and go back to their old lives. I don't remember what exactly befalls the more criminal characters, but I know I had Lance accepting challenges from Green and Silver as the final note. Giovanni presumably leaves back for the shadows before he can be formally arrested now that the truce is over, Pryce, Koga, Sabrina, and Will have to do time for their crimes however. Sabrina has the Karate Master to fill in, Janine has already taken over Fuchsia, Agatha returns to the E4 to fill in Will's spot. This leaves Mahogany and Viridian Gyms leaderless however, and that Silver and Green would really like those jobs.

...Sure I was merely putting my own twist on existing stuff with a bit of novelty thrown in, but something something about finishing something you yourself "made", regardless of how crappy or worthless it is.😅

As if all of the above wasn't waaaaaaay too much story for Pokemon, I had less-detailed plans for a concurrent "Orre Saga".

Nice to see it accounted for Fairy in some form. I feel like some of the other new characters would help cover niches not taken up already and help represent rarer mons and types. Would it be trainers let out one at a time for the mons they raised? Or would it be an RTS with larger parties?

Long as it is, I get what you mean about the treading on old beats. I have only one thing to add as I read this late: Why are you so stupid Lance?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fun fact I heard- Americans pronounce "herb" without the "h", British people keep the h. Americans are actually more historically accurate here, the British upper classes in the ~Victorian era saw the lower classes dropping "h"s from words and thought it improper. So, they made sure to pronounce every h there was -not realizing it wasn't contemporary commoners who dropped the herb h, that had already been dropped from pronunciation beforehand.

Why the hell am I agreeing with the elitist Victorians here?

15 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The Emperor protects!

I thought you'd worry about the latter part.

Mostly because I'm leaning against him being a good call for the Emperor.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

image.png?width=845&height=618

It's a new series on Shounen Jump but the author's taking a break because a poor health. Normally SJ would use that as an excuse to axe the series but the first volume blew up in sales so they're actually letting the guy have his break instead of holding a gun to his head and telling him to keep working.

That was cute.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

qyZ5MF22_o.jpg

EDIT: AH FUCK I forgot to color the patties... Okay headcanon then, they're grey patties from grey cows that Garon brought from his home planet

Okarin's detailled face is 👌

The Garon steaks are actually from his flesh, to bless his subjects with

17 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That was truly something.

> Shows up

> Drain Pikachu of its power

> Refuses to elaborate

> Leaves

That was Zekrom pretty much. lol

19 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I don't know that I'd say that so quickly in earlier gens (like, 1-3, if that?), but the meta was anything but kind since.

Megas aside of course and even then imperfect solutions, but much more viable than base form.

When you think about it, Water is a funny typing with regard to what it can handle and arguably more meta than people let on. I think ti could do with some considering what could change.

Was only speaking in regards to RBY as the game generally doesn't favor it's typing, and it's stat spread is better found on something like Starmie for example.

@lightcosmo Hey!

Good, I got your attention. Have a cookie.

BA's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe | Bon Appétit

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

The womanizer, because they never get any development beyond that one singular trait which makes them so boring. And they’re in like every game.

Sylvain is the one exception. And kind of Inigo.

I do like them from a comedic perspective, but otherwise yeah I agree with you.

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

I played this not super long ago and I had to Google who that is.

Ain't that a mood.

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Perhaps the queer coded bandit twins, not only do the post-Kaga IS not have the Hays Code excuse for it, but a lot of them also have this uncomfortably incestuous feel to them.

Yeahhhh, I'm guessing the incest undertones might also correlate to queerness being seen as a sexual thing historically in Japan.

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is a shame we missed out on that little joke. The dumb solution would be to screenshot the Ancient Language TeeHee from the text document, crop it down to just the TeeHee, and embed the image.

I had the idea to do that but I didn't think it would've landed quite as well compared to if it was literally the text I typed out, so I thought it would've been funnier to just explain the situation.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The last thing I would've expected out of Quetzal of Radiance I think I said that already didn't I is that we'd find common ground on Hilda hate. And this trope, actually. I generally dislike them as well.

The two things you didn't expect from a Quetzal of Radiance run.

1. Corrin apologist

2. Hilda diss.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

qyZ5MF22_o.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't write "Kiss the cook" on Garon's apron

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hello again Teehee.

I saw one of the stupidest freezes I've ever come across this morning. There was a courtyard in front of a station that had turned into slippery ice overnight. Like, walking on it was a risk to your safety. I was worried I'd have another fall.

I missed a train partly because of this.

Snow is beautiful until it rains the next night and makes the entire ground a slippery hazard.

25 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The never did really resolve the GS Ball Mystery...

22 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I am very confident in saying it in RBY, as those game was not kind to any of the Fire types (just look at how comically high level you have to reach before any of them learn a fire move better than ember...). In the Fire Red and Leaf Green, I think it is still the weakest pick of the three, but by a far narrower margin, as the gym & effective elite 4 typing (as Lorelei is almost as much water as she is Ice) don't do them many favors either. Its his latter appearances where I would be slow to judge him as such.

27 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Water is an excellent defensive typing, although ironically I think one of its big problem is the typing is so common that all but its best members become forgettable.

34 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I recall you saying you weren't all that fond of ORAS.

ORAS is an odd one for me, as I have no nostalgia for the original RSE as I was so firmly old dexit back in the day that I didn't really return to the franchise until after the generation was finishing, and the dex could be completed.

Although ironically I recently finished up a national dex on Emerald a few weeks ago. I started a while ago, and I found gathering together all the old hardware to accomplish that was kinda fun (and by lucky happenstance saved some odd stuff from the fire) although I got delayed for a while as I needed to replace the save battery to grow the berry's necessary for Milotic (which I put off for a long time). Actually I was a bit worried that I might have to reset a game and trade berries over due to an odd bug with how timing events work in RSE, as replacing the battery entirely resets the clock (even the year....), and clock events are based on end times, so I have this funny case of one berry I tried to plant before replacing the battery, which never grows (as it is waiting for the clock to tick up to whatever year it was at before it died), but fortunately new berries grow just fine.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why am I getting a cookie?

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Belated birthday cookie?

Belated Birthday cookie. I had to take the time to get the ingredients and bake them which is why I was late.