Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

What would you want to play in particular from Metroid?

Dread, Samus Returns, and Prime are the big ones I hear people talk about a lot. Zero Mission as well.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

oHf2jhLk_o.jpg

At this rate I'm going to draw every single B. Saga character. And I'm going to do it entirely at work. I mean, can you blame me? I'm updating 12 year old computers to Windows 10. Took legit 30 fucking minutes just to shut down and install some updates. I drew two characters and colored another in the time it took the damned thing to react.

This is awesome. It's really cool to see your drawings improve and develop.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm in the mood for some B. Saga shilling. That's not the B. Saga you're thinking of. Banner Saga is a nice series of games combining a unique strategic combat system and an oregon trail-esque resource management travel mechanic, with an excellent story filled with decisions that matter, a colorful cast of folks to grow fond of and lose by making bad decisions and some of the most beautiful art I've seen in videogames.

...Only problem would be, the price is hefty. The three games are more like three parts of a 30-hour bigger whole, so you absolutely want to play them all together in a row - but since they were released throughout the years, the pricing does not reflect this. A sale is very needed here. But then, the winter Steam sale begins in what, three days?

Oh hey! I have all three!

NTC9g80.png

I don't remember when or how I got them but I have them. I don't think I'll play them anytime soon as I'm already going through a story-driven strategy game and I'm looking for something more light and short but it is definitely on the bucket list to play these games.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can only hope you have better luck with Metroid than I did. And do let me know what you think of Xenoblade. I'd find your opinion there to be pretty interesting.

I can't be sure. I played a bit of Super Metroid which I didn't get to attached to but I don't know if that was because of old SNES game syndrome or not, and I really enjoyed Shantae which is also a Metroidvania type game so who knows.

Now I'm sure in my general crusade against sexism in video games I'm sure any playthough I do of Xenoblade will spark quite the discussion on here which will always be fun.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every time I've seen a child with autism who doesn't know what they have, it kills me. Parents, keeping them in the dark is beyond counterproductive. Autism isn't going to prevent a child from realizing something's up. You have to help them understand, not keep them in the dark, because eventually they're just going to believe the bullies.

Yeah. That kind of parenting also reminds me of how often young girls just aren't told what a period is, like I've heard so many stories from women talking about how they thought they were going to die when they first started bleeding, and they were too self-conscious to tell anyone.

So yeah, not fun. We need more self-aware parents who go to therapy.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And finished the lighthouse

cool so far

Amazon.com: LEGO Creator Lighthouse Island 5770 : Toys & Games

This one?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Dread, Samus Returns, and Prime are the big ones I hear people talk about a lot. Zero Mission as well.

If you do settle on Metroid, I'd recommend starting with Zero Mission. Might as well go through them in order, aye?

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

No, Please! I love shit like this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll have to check that out.

Yay! I hope you enjoy it if you do get around to it.

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

Zyxdjc8p o

I love him.

Csyqzhyv o

I feel called out.

7mlxer5ufy6a1.jpg

3F230mo.png

Like always, never makes sense. Brasil should be a bit lower, and us 10 lower lol, and lol Belgium

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Amazon.com: LEGO Creator Lighthouse Island 5770 : Toys & Games

This one?

but made of rabbids

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I love him.

disowned

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like always, never makes sense. Brasil should be a bit lower, and us 10 lower lol, and lol Belgium

...Wait, why was Canada at FIFA if we're not in the top 40?

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

disowned

MbwGDJm.png

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Laura, on the strength of that one event.

No Benice, Laura has never been a good character! Even the ones who are just kinda there now weren’t like this, Elliot and Gaius were both cool in CS1, Machias had a phenomenal moment in CS2, and Emma had this one really interesting character trait in CS2 that led to some cool optional bonding moments. But Laura has literally never been interesting, like looking back on it I’m really wondering what the point of her character is.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Truly the best boy.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, my biggest things about it that have been holding it back for me are:

1. The gameplay as a whole

This is what I’m scared of.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

For the first one, I've held for a while that while XB2 is a really, really good experience, it's not the best as a game. There's a lot of little things that I don't like about it, from the field skills sometimes being painfully difficult to unlock, to some areas being really hard to traverse, the tutorials not explaining much, not voiding out when you fall into the clouds, etc.  The biggest thing for me is the waypoints, compass, and map. The areas are generally quite vertical, with many things to explore at all levels, with this going doubly so in cities. The compass only really shows where your target is on the map in terms of location, not height, so it can be dreadfully difficult to find random NPCs, let alone navigate to them. The maps aren't much help either. It's not Bubsy 3D or anything like that, though.

Secondly, though I'm not done yet and apparently I'm just about to get to the good part, I'm not really impressed by either the characters or plot so far. It's not terrible or anything, but at present, I wouldn't recommend it too heavily in that regard.

Thirdly, I think I just don't quite get the combat. I ended up basically doing the same thing in every battle because from what I can tell, it doesn't really matter... Though that can't be true, because I died all the time. I don't know if this is the game's fault or mine, though.

I recommend Xenoblade primarily on the basis of the environmental design, setting, exploration*, music, and creativity. To me, those are its greatest strengths so far, and I think that it merits its following on those factors alone. The world alone is so cool that experiencing it, even if it's accompanied by a meh plot and some things that grind my gears, is something I'd fairly easily recommend.

Ok but seriously Yakuza 0 is a good physical game on PS4

Thank you for your thoughts. I’m still probably not that interested, but I’ll keep it in mind.

Me atm

Csyqzhyv o

No…

18 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh hey! I have all three!

NTC9g80.png

I don't remember when or how I got them but I have them. I don't think I'll play them anytime soon as I'm already going through a story-driven strategy game and I'm looking for something more light and short but it is definitely on the bucket list to play these games.

I actually second this recommendation for when you feel like it, I mean it’s lucky you have all three! But I’d agree with pretty much everything Ruben said.

As far as light and short… I don’t really have anything tbh, I remember @Saint Rubenio recommending me this game called Return of the Obra Dinn that I thought looked interesting, but I never got around to playing it.

18 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Now I'm sure in my general crusade against sexism in video games I'm sure any playthough I do of Xenoblade will spark quite the discussion on here which will always be fun.

Wait you’ve been doing a crusade against sexism in video games? Huh, I didn’t realize. Guess you haven’t gotten around to any of the Kaga games huh?

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

I feel called out.

Reject Laura, simp for Altina instead.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

MbwGDJm.png

You deserved this.

>”hey this would be a funny edit to add”

>you can no longer edit this post even though you literally just posted it

Welp, guess the thread is down a Sooks simps for Rixia joke. Oh the horror.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Surprised not to hear Super mentioned there. I feel like that got mentioned the most when I heard about it.

To clarify order for you, the chronological order for Metroid would be Zero Mission > 2/Samus Returns > Super > Fusion > Dread. Of those only Super (NSO) and Dread are on Switch at all, Zero Mission is a much better title than the original. ZM and Fusion are GBA so pretty easy emulation while Samus Returns is 3DS and while it should be similar to Dread I can't make any good comparisons as this is the only one I haven't played at all.

Prime's a little bit confusing to me about where it fits if it's in the same timeline as the 2D titles, but it's Prime 1, 2 and 3 so that's straightforward. Some people mention the fangame Another Metroid 2 Remake (AM2R) that's closer in style to the original, but it will take some light digging to find and install.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

7mlxer5ufy6a1.jpg

Why are Belgium and Brazil where they are in particular? Half that top 10 should be up in the air, right?

Morocco getting hard done by here.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reject Laura, simp for Altina instead

vTfBaPW.jpg

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Why are Belgium and Brazil where they are in particular? Half that top 10 should be up in the air, right?

Because the rankings take useless matches into consideration as well (like the nations league for example).

Also stuff from the last few years, so Italy, despite not even qualifying for the world cup, is still #8 thanks to the Euro 2020 win.

Tl;DR: Fifa ranking sucks.

Because the rankings take useless matches into consideration as well (like the nations league for example).

Also stuff from the last few years, so Italy, despite not even qualifying for the world cup, is still #8 thanks to the Euro 2020 win.

Tl;DR: Fifa fucking sucks.

FIFY

I see you too hate Nations League. Structure needs fixing in Soccer.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FUCK SAKE WORLD

All this'll do is piss off all the other boards and have more squabbling that'd be better solved by scrapping the lot, burning them to the ground and organising it from scratch.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Becaue the rankings are different from Qualifications XD

Oooh, I see.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You guys won the North American qualifiers.

Ahh.

...We must have bribed the other teams with maple syrup, that's the only way.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is what I’m scared of.

What I did omit is that gameplay is unique, I think. It's not all bad, it's just not my jam. It isn't even my marmalade...

Reject Laura, simp for Altina instead.

But where's Altina's femdom cave?

You deserved this.

NAX8swW.jpg

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

like the nations league for example

That moment when both the League of Nations and the Nations League aren't very good.

Edited by Benice

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I see you too hate Nations League.

It's not that i hate it, but it's honestly useless. They tried to make a tournament out of the National friendlies (to rake in that money) and it became a mess instead.

There are other ways to make more exciting national matches happen

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ahh.

...We must have bribed the other team with maple syrup, that's the only way

Tbf the only other North american nations that have some football in them are the US, Mexico and Costa Rica.

Tbh, i think it would be better for North america and south america to unite football wise, that way the "better" football nations in north America get much needed experience. There's alot of potential in US, Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica, but they are stuck in a the weakest football continent, and that hurts them in the world cup.

Playing with your southern neighbours could make them stronger. And Copa America always needs to invite nations from outside anyway, so that way then can have a full tourney without invitations.

Qualifiers could become a pain tho. Not as hell-ish as african qualifiers tho, those are true hell.

Although thanks to the expansion in 2026 all qualifiers are gonna become quite a bit easier, also no more Europe taking half the slots, which was always a bit iffy.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Wait, what’s bad about the World Cup being every 3 years? Genuine question, I don’t know much about it other than I have some friends/family well one of each who were happy about the win.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

But where's Altina's femdom cave?

Ah, I’m glad you asked! See, that’s the best part…

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's not that i hate it, but it's honestly useless. They tried to make a tournament out of the National friendlies (to rake in that money) and it became a mess instead.

I mean, it's another revenue stream for UEFA. Who cares what issues might emerge from it?

There are other ways to make more exciting national matches happen

Apologies, but I'm going to contrast with another team sport.

It's funny how in Rugby (I'm talking union here, I'd know less about the others) they try to make the international tests out to be a big deal even when they're just friendlies in structure and how sides take them seriously, with these matches getting pretty heated and how some of these can result in the rankings shifting decently enough.

But! Rugby suffers from having much fewer nations involved and the gap in overall ability make the matches between teams that aren't on the same level look like walkouts more often than would be liked, even if the score doesn't reflect that (we're seeing improvements, but that's because the quality of play is coming slowly closer to par. Emphasis on slow.).

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait, what’s bad about the World Cup being every 3 years? Genuine question, I don’t know much about it other than I have some friends/family well one of each who were happy about the win.

Mostly it's a structural nightmare to everyone else. It'd inevitably run right up against regional and continental competitions, mess with club games more often than it already does and it doesn't help that the reason for doing it makes Infantino sound like Mr. Krabs.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, you just played at Home in Winter against Caribbean nations.

Oof, the poor lads having to deal with last year's winter...

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Although thanks to the expansion in 2026 all qualifiers are gonna become quite a bit easier, also no more Europe taking half the slots, which was always a bit iffy.

Hey, Vancouver's one of the host cities for FIFA 2026, right? I might actually be able to watch one of the games!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah, I’m glad you asked! See, that’s the best part…

I'm listening...

32 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm already going through a story-driven strategy game and I'm looking for something more light and short but it is definitely on the bucket list to play these games.

Kinda random suggestion, but I just finished Psychonauts 2, so if you haven't played Psychonauts, you might give it a try. It is kinda story heavy, but in a lighter, and more humorous way. The opening cutscene here does a rather good job of selling it

37 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I can't be sure. I played a bit of Super Metroid which I didn't get to attached to but I don't know if that was because of old SNES game syndrome or not, and I really enjoyed Shantae which is also a Metroidvania type game so who knows.

If you weren't a fan of Super Metroid, the Metroid Prime trilogy might be the way to go then.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what’s bad about the World Cup being every 3 years?

* You need qualifiers for every world cup, and these take alot of time. Reducing the time -> Players play more games -> Health problems

* There are other national competitions going on. Continental ones (Like Euros, Copa America, Africa cup of Nations, etc) and atm they align so they don't intersect (Example, This year is world cup, in 2 years Euros and America, while next year and 2025 Africa before World cup 2026)

* Club football also has international competitions, and those are yearly. And national competitions are hell due to football structure. It's like this everywhere, not just Europe

* And last.. it loses it's luster

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, Vancouver's one of the host cities for FIFA 2026, right? I

Yup! You guys (Along US and Mexico) are auto qualified due to being hosts, too!

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you do settle on Metroid, I'd recommend starting with Zero Mission. Might as well go through them in order, aye?

30 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Surprised not to hear Super mentioned there. I feel like that got mentioned the most when I heard about it.

To clarify order for you, the chronological order for Metroid would be Zero Mission > 2/Samus Returns > Super > Fusion > Dread. Of those only Super (NSO) and Dread are on Switch at all, Zero Mission is a much better title than the original. ZM and Fusion are GBA so pretty easy emulation while Samus Returns is 3DS and while it should be similar to Dread I can't make any good comparisons as this is the only one I haven't played at all.

Prime's a little bit confusing to me about where it fits if it's in the same timeline as the 2D titles, but it's Prime 1, 2 and 3 so that's straightforward. Some people mention the fangame Another Metroid 2 Remake (AM2R) that's closer in style to the original, but it will take some light digging to find and install.

Hey that reminds me, how important is the chronology of these games? Is it like Zelda where it exists but it barely matters or is it like a continuous story?

54 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but made of rabbids

Oh god, now that we have lego Mario it's only a matter of time until lego rabbids.

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait you’ve been doing a crusade against sexism in video games? Huh, I didn’t realize. Guess you haven’t gotten around to any of the Kaga games huh?

Buddy, you should've seen the SoV and MoTE runs.

I mean you might have, I can't recall if you were around for those or not.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Kinda random suggestion, but I just finished Psychonauts 2, so if you haven't played Psychonauts, you might give it a try. It is kinda story heavy, but in a lighter, and more humorous way. The opening cutscene here does a rather good job of selling it

Heh, Reminds me of most 3D animated films from the 2000s.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You guys (Along US and Mexico) are auto qualified due to being hosts, too!

I'm excited to be the second host nation to lose the opening match!

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey that reminds me, how important is the chronology of these games? Is it like Zelda where it exists but it barely matters or is it like a continuous story?

Continuous, but you'll live playing out of order.

So both, but mostly the latter.