• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

you forgot Jinkuro!🤨

Unironically i did forget lol.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for making an attempt at persuasion BTW!😃 I dared not try to do that given the above tongue-lashing given by Ruben made it seem the chances of success were too slim to be worth trying

Given the artistic consistency of Vanillaware games, i had to try and save him from slandering the artstyle as a whole, because that would've been a tragedy.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

By the way, regarding Heavy Rain and Cage's genius...

Hide contents

I could be off my rocker, but I thought you mentioned a while back that Scott wasn't initially supposed to be the Origami Killer, right? Given the nonsensical nature of the twist around him, that wouldn't shock me.

Er, anyways, I was just wondering if you knew who it was originally supposed to be, just for curiosity's sake.

Spoiler

I believe he always was meant to be the killer. The part that was scrapped was Ethan and Scott having a paranormal bond that caused Ethan to flip out each time Scott murdered, having visions of bodies in water and regaining his senses at the street where Scott's brother died, an origami figure in his hand.

This was taken out because it's complete nonsense, but the blackouts remained because Cagey Davey and his team aren't smart enough to come up with a better way for Ethan to lose his son. He just has a couple blackouts, and after Shaun's disappearance he never blacks out again. Why both times he ended up in that one street with an origami figure is never explained, because who needs explanations when you can have a heavy-handed red herring nobody ever fell for?

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I believe he always was meant to be the killer. The part that was scrapped was Ethan and Scott having a paranormal bond that caused Ethan to flip out each time Scott murdered, having visions of bodies in water and regaining his senses at the street where Scott's brother died, an origami figure in his hand.

This was taken out because it's complete nonsense, but the blackouts remained because Cagey Davey and his team aren't smart enough to come up with a better way for Ethan to lose his son. He just has a couple blackouts, and after Shaun's disappearance he never blacks out again. Why both times he ended up in that one street with an origami figure is never explained, because who needs explanations when you can have a heavy-handed red herring nobody ever fell fo

Spoiler

Ah, I see. Thank you!

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- 

https://noisypixel.net/ys-x-nordics-details-combat-naval-heroine-timeline/

"As for the heroine, she originates from a Northern nation called Norman and is around Adol’s age. Her people are excellent warriors, and the relationship she forms with Adol will be one of the primary focuses in X Nordics. Regarding the timeline, as previously stated, Adol is 17 years old. However, it’s now been clarified that this new title will take place after I and II but prior to Celceta, which is the game that originally occurred right after II. So, as of now, Ys X will be Adol’s third adventure chronologically."

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- 

https://noisypixel.net/ys-x-nordics-details-combat-naval-heroine-timeline/

"As for the heroine, she originates from a Northern nation called Norman and is around Adol’s age. Her people are excellent warriors, and the relationship she forms with Adol will be one of the primary focuses in X Nordics. Regarding the timeline, as previously stated, Adol is 17 years old. However, it’s now been clarified that this new title will take place after I and II but prior to Celceta, which is the game that originally occurred right after II. So, as of now, Ys X will be Adol’s third adventure chronologically."

Yeah read it earlier today

That means they will have to Deux ex machina her out of the story somehow.

Please don't go the Dana way tyvm. That hurt like a bitch

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That means they will have to Deux ex machina her out of the story somehow.

The heroine finding out she was retroactively added into the timeline

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Since i'm realistically probably not finishing any other games before the year ends, here's a tierlist of everything i played

FkeC6HwXgAAAHvU?format=jpg&name=medium

Backloggd list with reviews

If i finish something in time, i'll add it. But for now.....

Why does everyone have the new Kirby game so high up on their tierlists?

Also, my appointment is in less than 12 hours and I’m really scared. I can’t sleep.

1 hour ago, Hectorcopter said:

Also, my appointment is in less than 12 hours and I’m really scared. I can’t sleep.

It’ll be okay, they know what they’re doing. Unless your dentist is really horrible or something.

I think I have settled on what I'd want to write if I did, but... hmm... I think it'd be pulled off best if I were to write it in First Person perspective. Though then again, it might feel weird. Specially since the idea would be from something most likely obscure to begin with, so combined... I don't know, at least to me it'd feel like it wouldn't amount to much. Then again... hmm...

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for making an attempt at persuasion BTW!😃 I dared not try to do that given the above tongue-lashing given by Ruben made it seem the chances of success were too slim to be worth trying. That, and I was trying to keep my response limited and polite. In the heat of the "you criticized something I really like!" moment, I was afraid of giving into the snap-anger and rudeness that dwells within Aspies, or at least in me specifically. I needed to keep cool and not ruin my image as a kind human being and decent Citizen of the Interwebs here.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Given the artistic consistency of Vanillaware games, i had to try and save him from slandering the artstyle as a whole, because that would've been a tragedy.

Hey, cut me some slack! I don't even know what a Vanillaware is supposed to be. I merely judged what I saw. I didn't even know they WERE supposed to be generics.

As for the rest... Yeah, that's a lot better. Not my personal cup of tea at all, and I do still feel the people in the school uniforms specifically feel rather generic, but those aside they're a lot more imaginative.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just one month away for Engage huh.

I gotta save up some free days. Good thing they are renewed with the advent of the new year.

...FUCK I'm buying FE on release date again aren't I.

3 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

Scarier is to gradually suffer grievous deformations due to not going to the dentist. Have courage, it'll be over before you know it!