• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, I have an update: First off it started registering the controller correctly, then the memory cards. So looks like I could play longer stuff after all and not be bothered with getting a drive for it after all-

Then it started crashing quickly, overheating and crashing out with a blinking red light. I managed to get the game I tried out of it at least beforehand. So I think I'll take my brother's advice about doing some tinkering to do some upgrading and fix this first of all, probably get an adapter like he said for the controller and get a drive connected to dump some games on to.

So, the game I was last playing and how it is FE: Well, your level ups are solely locked to statups which encourages you to field different characters in the campaign and use their strengths for different levels. That in and of itself should surprise people, but the game isn't about grinding levels as your characters don't level up in this game. The maps are mostly urban, which does stand out for the series but sadly I didn't get to exploring many of them this afternoon. It's exploration heavy and you're always on the move during levels performing skills to show off, interacting with the level's own gimmicks and searching for hidden items. These levels are repeatable which isn't an issue when you don't get experience to level up in this game and stats are gained by finding statboosters in levels

In terms of customisation, you can change your equipment's look but it'll always be the same type, every character is locked to shields with wheels you use as your transport: as a result all your characters have pseudo-cav movement while being infantry units. More exciting is the ability to create your own levels in this game, with a pretty intuitive level editor that takes effort to make something that works well for players.

Spoiler

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, PS1 port.

Would have tried 4 but it was very scratched and I'd have to do some cleaning to fix it.

I forgot to say happy holidays here, didn't I.

Well, the day's still young. So happy holidays!

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

qyahj4kb508a1.jpg

No beard should be at the bottom

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ya know

i had a strange dream...

Engage limited edition arrived...

But inside the box was XBC2 XD

Vandad wouldn't exist in Xenoblade

And if he did he would die five minutes after his introduction

What a horrifying nightmare...!

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well

~150-180 is usually the max XD

Yeah, see, my perception is 10-15 is short, 20-30 is middle length, 30-60 is long and everything past is so outrageously drawn out that I'm likely to burn out on the gameplay loop and quit before I reach the end. Not an exact science, of course, but that tends to be how it goes for me.

...Exception are multiplayer games without a proper structure and ending. Just saying that because the above game has currently eaten a hundred full days of my life. Holy shit.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Exception are multiplayer games without a proper structure and ending. Just saying that because the above game has currently eaten a hundred full days of my life. Holy shit.

5HPZQFN.png

my most played games...in steam. There's Mario kart which is a few hundred hours each year. And then the games from the pre steam era which also will come to a couple thousand lol

No_No_He's_Got_A_Point_Banner.jpg

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ya know

i had a strange dream...

Engage limited edition arrived...

But inside the box was XBC2 XD

XC2 is eternal.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, see, my perception is 10-15 is short, 20-30 is middle length, 30-60 is long

This is me too tbh but obviously, there's a lot of factors.

Of course, when i think about it, i rarely place 80-100+ hour games in the first place. It's really just reserved for Xenoblade.

If i spend more hours playing a game though, that's different. Gunvolt 3 is like 2-10 hours max but i've logged like 35 hours into it.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, when i think about it, i rarely place 80-100+ hour games in the first place. It's really just reserved for Xenoblade.

If i spend more hours playing a game though, that's different. Gunvolt 3 is like 2-10 hours max but i've logged like 35 hours into it.

Yeah, I don't factor replays into this. I mean, FE tends to range from 20 to 30 hours, but if I put together the hours I've spent playing FE in general, it might go into the quadruple digits.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think between 60 and 100 hours would be my prefered time tbh. Which most my fav. games fall into

Anywhere in the 20-50 range is ideal for me, I feel. Much more than that tends to get me feeling burned out, and less than 20 has a way of leaving me wanting.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

oh no

Yeah, even with an RNG-blessed Ike, it still comes down to hoping RNG procs Aether enough times... or go for the Wrath-Resolve combo.

And this is why I only bother to sort-of train Mist to at least Psychic use. Since my healing mainly comes from promoted Sages at this point of the game.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

With a lackluster death quote like that, there's no way you can convince me that guy is actually dead.

The fact you can just abandon the battle is certainly their fail-safe, eh. Still...

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The real solution is to just pick Female Corrin, that way you don't have to worry about it at all.

Perhaps. Still, I plan to do at least one playthrough with Male Corrin and just pair him with an Avatarsexual. Then future playthroughs can be more for whatever.

Short: 0-20 hours

Medium: 20-40 hours

Medium-Large: 40-60 hours

Large: 60-100 hours

Extra large: 100+ hours

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"It's okay, we're not blood related."

Direct quote from their final bonding event

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If @Benice were of drinking age that would be a perfect one for him, as Ice Wine is a bit of a specialty of Canada.

I shall stick to eggnog for now!

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile me: First job at 23

Again, no worries! We are from different countries and families with different norms, locations, and presumably financial background as well. Some people don't work because they're too engrossed in otherwise engaging in life!

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

lL0ZT1n.jpg
dF4poxS.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS, TEEHEE!

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think between 60 and 100 hours would be my prefered time tbh. Which most my fav. games fall into

w8w7PKF.png

eVHqOSP.png

Sorry, I really shouldn't do this on Christmas day, but I can't resist...

Merry Smissmas, I got Fire Emblem Engage early but it looks a bit... different from what I expected.

UAKISbT.jpg

See Armagon, it's not that hard to talk about the plot. ...I may not have any idea what it's about yet, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

3Gh1V6b.jpg

As a kaiju fan, he has my respect.

I was going to wonder just how many game consoles existed at this point in time, but it turns out the Famicom released in Japan in 1983. There was also Sega's SG-1000 I suppose...

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Direct quote from their final bonding event

C'mon Sooks, I was joking when I said I would play Trails to Azure's fan translation if you paired Rean with Elise. Do not stray from Alisa!

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Merry Smissmas, I got Fire Emblem Engage early but it looks a bit... different from what I expected.

UAKISbT.jpg

See Armagon, it's not that hard to talk about the plot. ...I may not have any idea what it's about yet, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

3Gh1V6b.jpg

As a kaiju fan, he has my respect.

I was going to wonder just how many game consoles existed at this point in time, but it turns out the Famicom released in Japan in 1983. There was also Sega's SG-1000 I suppose...

Lightchao won this Christmas. Hope you enjoy!

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

C'mon Sooks, I was joking when I said I would play Trails to Azure's fan translation if you paired Rean with Elise. Do not stray from Alisa!

This is a normal bonding event that you can waste a bonding point on, not me pairing Rean with anyone.

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, even with an RNG-blessed Ike, it still comes down to hoping RNG procs Aether enough times... or go for the Wrath-Resolve combo.

Wrath/Adept for this fight, since you only get Resolve during the very same map. [/smartass] (I make that mistake all the time, so that's why I notice it here)

--

A8BXBbW.jpg

Can you guess when Rome declared war on me?

It also seems like I lost a unit and don't remember losing it. I'll just turn in my Fire Emblem badge.

Edited by ping