Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Surprised it took them so long

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Given the way Kalos was cheated, given no third game, no extra game pair, or even DLC, they do kinda deserve something.

Kalos is a bit of a tragedy, as it had so much going for it, with less issues than the original Diamond and Pearl had, but never got that extra version(s) to polish it up into something as memorable as Platinum.

At least Gen 6 has some cool Renegade Platinum-style romhacks

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe i'm seeing At World's End slander for the first time.

The movie's all over the place. The pacing is awkward, they introduce a million characters and then they doesn't matter anymore, and they killed the Kraken offscreen.😡

The only positive I can find is some funny scenes and the final battle.

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I had forgotten to ask you what would be your next SRW play... well, I got the answer anyway. XD

I'll consider this a kind of continuation, rather than a new run.😆

I just want to see the roads not taken, that's all.

There are only so many fully-translated SRWs, and the Classicverse might too antiquated. So ATM I'm thinking J > GC > W, IDK where AG falls into this. Admittedly I would like to put W earlier, to see GGG's pre-vs. Betterman story out of curiosity. Yet as OG hasn't tackled W yet while Moon Dwellers -which I'm not likely to play with it being stuck where it is- handled J and GC, I'll delay W and instead get the gist of J and GC storylines while waiting for 3rd OG.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, as a fanfic writer, I do find it convenient when I only need to look up things for research/reminders, instead of having to play the game all over to reach those bits. So having an archive ready to look up to is handy in that way.

I get that. Particularly if you're referencing something you haven't played in forever, our memories aren't perfect.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll consider this a kind of continuation, rather than a new run.😆

I just want to see the roads not taken, that's all.

Not a bad choice. It's what I plan to do with VTX. Also to fill up their Libraries. V and T require three playthroughs for that, heh. X only two, thankfully.

There are only so many fully-translated SRWs, and the Classicverse might too antiquated. So ATM I'm thinking J > GC > W, IDK where AG falls into this. Admittedly I would like to put W earlier, to see GGG's pre-vs. Betterman story out of curiosity. Yet as OG hasn't tackled W yet while Moon Dwellers -which I'm not likely to play with it being stuck where it is- handled J and GC, I'll delay W and instead get the gist of J and GC storylines while waiting for 3rd OG.

GC has a fan translation? Didn't knew that. Neat.

Not a bad idea, specially since with W having a few repeats of J, it'd also feel like a bit redundant to do W so close to J... then again, that's how it was for handheld SRW, and W had the premise of going beyond what J covered for its couple of repeat entries.

Still, I do wonder if W would make it to 3rd OG.

I get that. Particularly if you're referencing something you haven't played in forever, our memories aren't perfect.

Yeah. Of course, I also try to write it down for easier access too, but there's always something else to look up.

One area where Tear of Vermillion's remake really improves over Prophecy of the moonlight Witch's is the music remixes.

Prophecy's battle music was really unfitting, and wasn't even a remake of the original, but Vermillion's been doing at least a passable job for all of them.

The initial themes:

Spoiler

I'm more partial to the original, but the remix is a massive improvement over Prohpecy's.

The boss themes:

Spoiler

My feelings here are similar, though I think it's a bit closer between these versions.

And the "part 2" battle theme:

Spoiler

I  think I kind of like the PSP version more in context here. :v

In fact, I would say W's roster is quite deliberate meant to mimic J's, with an almost matching set of replacements.

You have the repeat series that get expanded upon:

Gundam SEED (W adding SEED ASTRAY)
Mazinkaiser (While J used Vs. The Great General of Darkness, it was quite paltry/rushed through; W gives it a more proper appearance from what I recall)
Full Metal Panic (W adding The Second Raid)
Tekkaman Blade (W adding Tekkaman Blade II)
Nadesico (W adding The Prince of Darkness)

Then for the matching pairs...

An additional Gundam series separate from SEED: G Gundam (J) and Gundam Wing Endless Waltz (W)
A Super Robot that is mostly there as a token appearance with minimal elements and plot tie-ins: Dancougar (J) and Getter Robo (W)
A combining Super Robot with the "standard" Five-Member Sentai Team: Voltes & Combattler (J) and GoLion (W)
A Super Robot... okay, I'll admit this may be the weakest link, but it's really the only pair left: Zeorymer (J) and GaoGaiGar (W)

Admittedly, I can't tell just what possible links could exist between Layzner and/or Brain Powerd (J) with Detonator Orgun (W). They might be the odd ones out. Still, that's still like an almost full match between J and W's rosters.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

GC has a fan translation? Didn't knew that. Neat.

According to Akurasu, yup!

It'll be a little weird playing that. I watched a veeeeeeeeeery long compilation of Fin Funnel animations once, Amuro wants to shove a bazooka up whoever drew his face. Not to mention SRW's choice to go 2D for almost all of its history has allowed it to age well visually and produce some stellar animations. GC's models and animations -from what little I glimpsed- don't have quite the same enduring flair, the patina shows. (I would still love to see a Neo translation though, just b/c it's a little different.)

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, I do wonder if W would make it to 3rd OG.

The next chronological non-port is W. Though we are at the end of the Alphaverse storyline, with DC+Zovorg & Masoukishin already done so the Classicverse is finished, those two have comprised the long-running storylines in OG. Ryusei b/c Banpreios, the four Alpha 3 leads, another showdown with Dark Brain I've read comments suggesting... can enough 100% OGverse material be invented to fill in 62/92 chapters (2nd OG length with the true ending/total battles factoring in route splits)? Bring back the Shura, bring in all the original EF heroes, a chunk of the Masoukishin crew, Mekibos and the three Guests, Ring too! Indulge me to no end! Heck, gimme Ms. Rapiecage and Mr. Thrudgelmir, I don't care how inconceivable it'd be!

*Ahem* I could see W being saved for a OGverse 2.0, a reset that would use the Z hexalogy as the primary thread. One oddity of W is the Valstork, the Steel Dragons already consist of three battleships, it doesn't need another. Leaving out the 'stork would -assuming Neo doesn't show up in the first entry- reduce the need to invent purely OGverse battleships to 1 in the reset.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

According to Akurasu, yup!

It'll be a little weird playing that. I watched a veeeeeeeeeery long compilation of Fin Funnel animations once, Amuro wants to shove a bazooka up whoever drew his face. Not to mention SRW's choice to go 2D for almost all of its history has allowed it to age well visually and produce some stellar animations. GC's models and animations -from what little I glimpsed- don't have quite the same enduring flair, the patina shows. (I would still love to see a Neo translation though, just b/c it's a little different.)

Oh yeah, it's gonna be a bit peculiar the fully 3D thing, heh. You mean Amuro's portrait in GC itself? Perhaps you're just used to his late 20's CCA self, heh. Since GC is one of the few to use the One Year War in its story and thus teenage Amuro... actually, it might be the only one. Since both Classicverse and Alpha 1 had facsimiles of the thing. Though early Classicverse still had Amuro as his teenage self. But by late Classicverse, and in Alpha 1, he's already Zeta Gundam era Amuro.

The next chronological non-port is W. Though we are at the end of the Alphaverse storyline, with DC+Zovorg & Masoukishin already done so the Classicverse is finished, those two have comprised the long-running storylines in OG. Ryusei b/c Banpreios, the four Alpha 3 leads, another showdown with Dark Brain I've read comments suggesting... can enough 100% OGverse material be invented to fill in 62/92 chapters (2nd OG length with the true ending/total battles factoring in route splits)? Bring back the Shura, bring in all the original EF heroes, a chunk of the Masoukishin crew, Mekibos and the three Guests, Ring too! Indulge me to no end! Heck, gimme Ms. Rapiecage and Mr. Thrudgelmir, I don't care how inconceivable it'd be!

*Ahem* I could see W being saved for a OGverse 2.0, a reset that would use the Z hexalogy as the primary thread. One oddity of W is the Valstork, the Steel Dragons already consist of three battleships, it doesn't need another. Leaving out the 'stork would -assuming Neo doesn't show up in the first entry- reduce the need to invent purely OGverse battleships to 1 in the reset.

I wouldn't be surprised if they could. Like, roster wise is one thing, but about story wise? Since yeah, it's really only Alpha 3 left of the current storylines, from what I recall. So they could add one or two more from the single entry SRW's. Since indeed, that's basically what OGverse has been doing. OG2 went through the entirety of A, OGG with R, 2nd OG with D, Moon Dwellers with J. So 3rd OG would include W then. Plus an additional one too. As OG2 did with Compact 2 / Impact, OGG with Compact 3 (even if technically it debuted in 2.5), 2nd OG with... I don't think it had a second standalone entry here, and Moon Dwellers with GC. So yeah, they could put... maybe K or L if they wish too.

Though yeah, the thing with W is having to add the battleship. Still, it wouldn't be too odd. SRW games can have plenty of battleships, so one more wouldn't be that weird.

Ultimately, yeah, if they make a second OG continuity, that'd be where they could put the Zverse (though I wonder then how that relates to what 30 revealed of the Zverse), the remaining portables (K, L, UX, BX), and perhaps even VTX.

Hey @Saint Rubenio remember when you were playing F-Zero GX? Because just a few seconds ago I started playing F-Zero X with the intention of trying out GX later as well.

This really is a time for me to try out some of Nintendo's other franchises that I've never tried before. Star Fox and more of the Metroid games are on my list as well.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

One Punch Man is one of the only anime's I've actually watched from start to finish.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Victoria 2 player here, yo!

ePltk3h.png

*whistling*

Yes, that's Canada with Oregon Country.

Hey I remember this now!

I hear Victoria is like the steepest of learning curves among Paradox's already very steep learning curves, and with my condition it will likely take a very long time for me to get the hang of it.

But if I can do stuff like this than it'll be worth it.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

They do all already know each-other (and have personalities...). Hard to have chemistry with a mute stranger.

Should've clarified, I was thinking of the "relationship" between Claude and Byleth in Verdant Wind that I imagine is replicated in the other routes.

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

Why is this movie so bad?

Poupa 70% em Disney Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End no Steam

This is one of those movies where I totally get the flaws everyone has with it, and I should definitely not enjoy it as a movie, and yet I do anyways.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

Oh God five pages, what has happened, did they reveal Fates Capture for Engage?

...oh no, it was just Wraith and Shrimpy fighting.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

RI0htI0.png

Enjeji design Tier list

zQqRVWi.png

In comparison with other FEs

I've had a mind to do this myself. When I get back home, perhaps I will regale y'all with the Ruben Truths.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

"No one cares what the guys look like."

Xd

I would beg to disagree, seeing as Vandad

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

RIP

😞

HYYYUUUUUUUhahahahaha but it's crying.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

That is something to be so very proud of! I was supposed to work on my game through Grade 10 so that my friend who wants to be a composer could write music for it, but... Well, in spite of how many ideas I have, I always drop the ball.

...That wasn't supposed to be a mini-rant about me, but finishing a project is worthy of many felicitations!

It's okay. Thanks a lot!

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

know there's some historical strategy game peeps in this thread, but I'm curious if anyone here has played Victoria?

I've played Victoria II for half an hour every five years and arrived at the conclusion that I am too stupid and impatient to play historical strategy games.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hmm...maybe, but I don't know if I want to drag my sweet boy Ignatz down into the sins of colonialism with me.

That being said, mage Ignatz sounds really cool, and it would be neat to see if he has any unique supports with the Black Eagles.

I'll think about it.

Do it, goddammit. Must I threaten your life?

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

New Iceberg

2CIWuAJ.png

The old one

The f-- is that fucking me? He has the same awful beard and stache combo but somehow I get the feel it should be a Xeno character. Why would you put me in the Xeno tier? But then that would mean someone in Xeno kinda looks like my old pfp. How dare they, I'll kill them.

Also I like how Ruben Stones is at the Vandad level. Just, why not.

What are you talking about, if you toasted toast you would burn it, clear the the toasters are toasting bread 😛  (too pedantic I know)

All right, mr smarty pants, explain this one then: where there's smoke-

I am usually not the kind of person to play FE hacks, but I will put this one on my to do list, although I have a fair backlog of games (and books thanks to Christmas) to get through, so it could take a while before I get to it. Perhaps I will try an ironman LP of it...eventually, I still have to finish up my Vestaria Saga one (I do have the next chapter completed, I just haven't found the time for the writeup during the holiday season...)

Hey, play it if you feel like it! Don't feel pressured at all.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey @Saint Rubenio remember when you were playing F-Zero GX? Because just a few seconds ago I started playing F-Zero X with the intention of trying out GX later as well.

GX was such a surprise. I loved it to bits, way more than I ever expected.

...don't make the same mistake I did tho. Don't try to beat story mode on the max difficulty.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

This really is a time for me to try out some of Nintendo's other franchises that I've never tried before. Star Fox and more of the Metroid games are on my list as well.

Star Fox 64 is a game I have lots of fond memories with. Do give it a shot. Then again, I'm also a weirdo who enjoyed Zero haha.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's okay. Thanks a lot!

I believe you mean

I know you posted it earlier, but there's never a reason not to McSpanky.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

where there's smoke-

This made me go back and rewatch all of the Hotel Mario cutscenes to see if I remembered the line correctly, and that brought me to this:

This doesn't mean what I think it does, does it? I AM just a degenerate and there's nothing weird about what Mario's saying, right?

...Right?

(As a side note, I apparently did forget the line; I could have sworn that Luigi says "there's water", but I was apparently off my rocker when I last watched all the cutscenes.)

As if releasing info willy-nilly for momths wasn't enough, the people in charge of the Korean Engage website made a massive mistake and released a spoiler. They took it down swiftly, which naturally means that the spoiler is now everywhere.

I won't post it here, of course. Just saying, watch yourselves if you care about that sort of thing. We are entering spoilerific phase.

Also, I ended up making that design tier list on my phone.

f1drrjCb_o.png

There is a surprising amount of overlap with Shrimpy. By which I mean, there is ny overlap.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do it, goddammit. Must I threaten your life?

Only if it's my Minecraft life.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

GX was such a surprise. I loved it to bits, way more than I ever expected.

The game is hella chaotic and I love it. I only just played the Novice level version of each cup and I already want Nintendo to make a new F-Zero.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Star Fox 64 is a game I have lots of fond memories with. Do give it a shot.

One of my earliest memories related to gaming was playing Super Smash Bros on the N64, I liked to play as Fox a lot back then so it's surprising that I haven't played much of his games yet.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

This made me go back and rewatch all of the Hotel Mario cutscenes to see if I remembered the line correctly, and that brought me to this:

This game was a masterpiece. I don't care what anyone says, this shit is still hilarious.

I actually found myself going down a rabbit hole of old-ass memes a little while back. It's insane how much effort people put into the grandpa memes. Legit rpg-style battles between meme characters. It's great.

This doesn't mean what I think it does, does it? I AM just a degenerate and there's nothing weird about what Mario's saying, right?

...Right?

Nah, I see it too. Mario's actor rushed through the line and it leaves things up to interpretation.

(As a side note, I apparently did forget the line; I could have sworn that Luigi says "there's water", but I was apparently off my rocker when I last watched all the cutscenes.)

The correct follow-up is "they pinch back" anyway

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Only if it's my Minecraft life.

Worse.

Your Terraria life.

I will hack into your computer, start up Terraria and put a block of crimson in your house.

The game is hella chaotic and I love it. I only just played the Novice level version of each cup and I already want Nintendo to make a new F-Zero.

That's how I felt as well haha. It's super fan. Try winning by murdering the people in the lead, it's a legit strategy!

One of my earliest memories related to gaming was playing Super Smash Bros on the N64, I liked to play as Fox a lot back then so it's surprising that I haven't played much of his games yet.

Hey, it's okay. It happens. Not everyone's going to investigate every single character they find in Smash. In my case it really only got me into Mother 3!

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

lol what?

See, this is why they run 

Metal Slimes showed 1% of their power

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The real shitty part? Its actually a good option boasting perfect super armor, too bad it doesnt respond properly! Lmao

Is it an option if you effectively can't use it?

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The heck you all, I'm pretty sure you're causing my browser to slow down...

Shrimpy and Wraith were in a skirmish, I was asleep.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

New Iceberg

2CIWuAJ.png

The old one

The whole first level is just Teehee

Bees?

Engage's section being hard to read with that blue

Z T-pose?

Pokelitics

Persona responsible for Climate Change

Certainly an iceberg's depths.

Also, wait Sudeen BMW?

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Right?

Well, that was certainly a line.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I won't post it here, of course. Just saying, watch yourselves if you care about that sort of thing. We are entering spoilerific phase.

Oh boy.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would beg to disagree, seeing as Vandad

thats cause you see them as they are.

Female chars have millions more possibilites when it comes to design, which is why I find them more interesting. ( mostly in the outfit department.)

And I dont mean putting tiny twists on something already existing as -new-.

58 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

thats cause you see them as they are.

...what does that mean?

Female chars have millions more possibilites when it comes to design, which is why I find them more interesting. ( mostly in the outfit department.)

To be completely honest, I don't understand this argument. You say female characters have "millions more possibilities", but... Like, why? What is the reason? What sets them apart, exactly? Guys aren't required by law to all dress the same, you can get as wild with them as the girls if you like. It just takes imagination. And of course, facial hair is another factor one can get creative with, which girls lack.

The limit here aren't the gonads, it's the artist's imagination. I find it rather odd to just dismiss all male characters based on some vague, arbitrary limitation you claim they possess. You sure it's not just the media you consume that doesn't try with the guys?

And I dont mean putting tiny twists on something already existing as -new-.

I mean, how many anime girls have the same pink ponytails and the same young, spotless face? It goes both ways, if you ask me. Once again, gender is irrelevant, it's the artist's imagination and willingness to use it that makes a difference.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...what does that mean?

To be completely honest, I don't understand this argument. You say female characters have "millions more possibilities", but... Like, why? What is the reason? What sets them apart, exactly? Guys aren't required by law to all dress the same, you can get as wild with them as the girls if you like. It just takes imagination. And of course, facial hair is another factor one can get creative with, which girls lack.

The limit here aren't the gonads, it's the artist's imagination. I find it rather odd to just dismiss all male characters based on some vague, arbitrary limitation you claim they possess. You sure it's not just the media you consume that doesn't try with the guys?

I mean, how many anime girls have the same pink ponytails and the same young, spotless face? It goes both ways, if you ask me. Once again, gender is irrelevant, it's the artist's imagination and willingness to use it that makes a difference.

Gaming standards basically control what the male chars look like (usually a shirt and pants of some kind) but female chars have dresses, skirts, etc to make them stand out. (And all of their variants) Seeing different colored pants isnt exactly appealing. Xd

Male hairstyles are usually somewhat plain, where girls usually have differing hair styles.

Males usually look "functional" in games whereas females look "fashionable" imo.

Sure you can argue its possible the other way around, but most artists can just be more creative with female chars i think.

20221228_084643.jpg

Creature.

9 hours ago, Green06 said:

The movie's all over the place. The pacing is awkward, they introduce a million characters and then they doesn't matter anymore, and they killed the Kraken offscreen.😡

It definitely could benefit from a Director's Cut. However, I don't think the characters they did introduce were meant to be developed, it was just a way to expand on certain things. Focus was still on the original trio+Davy Jones.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

One Punch Man is one of the only anime's I've actually watched from start to finish.

It's a shame S2 dropped the ball. Animation-wise I mean, narratively it's fine but man.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Star Fox 64 is a game I have lots of fond memories with.

Same. I remember raging when I lost at the final level and had to do it all over again because I had zero lives left.

I also played the 3DS remake and man... it's been so long. Maybe I should buy it again.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As if releasing info willy-nilly for momths wasn't enough, the people in charge of the Korean Engage website made a massive mistake and released a spoiler. They took it down swiftly, which naturally means that the spoiler is now everywhere.

Is the spoiler something we figured or is it actually an "oh shit" moment?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The limit here aren't the gonads, it's the artist's imagination.

Correct. Literally just look up JoJo character designs.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Gaming standards basically control what the male chars look like (usually a shirt and pants of some kind) but female chars have dresses, skirts, etc to make them stand out. (And all of their variants) Seeing different colored pants isnt exactly appealing. Xd

Male hairstyles are usually somewhat plain, where girls usually have differing hair styles.

Males usually look "functional" in games whereas females look "fashionable" imo.

Sure you can argue its possible the other way around, but most artists can just be more creative with female chars i think.

You're comparing character customization to character design. There's a difference.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The f-- is that fucking me? He has the same awful beard and stache combo but somehow I get the feel it should be a Xeno character. Why would you put me in the Xeno tier? But then that would mean someone in Xeno kinda looks like my old pfp. How dare they, I'll kill them

Teehee lore's biggest plot twist:

Ruben a Xenoblade Character

Not just that

A XENOBLADE PROTAG!

Oh the irony

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Also, wait Sudeen BMW?

Battle Moon wars

Unless someone here got a BMW or something dunno

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Just now, Armagon said:

You're comparing character customization to character design. There's a difference.

What a character wears adds to their design, though.  Like, if a char is supposed to be more "cute" then the outfit Nadia wears from Reverie makes alot of sense for example. Saying the outfit doesn't affect appearance is silly imo.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'd say it depends where you look. I've seen plenty of male characters that look more unique than that. Heck, just in FE you can see plenty of dudes who deviate from this "pants and shirt" norm. In FE it's pretty much only the axe fighters that conform to that look.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20221228_084643.jpg

Creature

This is going to be Engage's best character. I don't need to play the game to know that.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is the spoiler something we figured or is it actually an "oh shit" moment?

Ehhhh some people had a hunch, but all in all, it's very much not something they've hinted at.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Teehee lore's biggest plot twist:

Ruben a Xenoblade Character

Not just that

A XENOBLADE PROTAG!

I can't believe I am sexualized.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd say it depends where you look. I've seen plenty of male characters that look more unique than that. Heck, just in FE you can see plenty of dudes who deviate from this "pants and shirt" norm. In FE it's pretty much only the axe fighters that conform to that look.

I dunno you could be right or wrong, but that's just my opinion, male chars are almost never high up on my lists design wise cause they usually feel "plain" or "stale" to me.