• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 hours ago, Sooks said:

Does everyone here dislike horror? Teehee horror gang, where you at?

Horror is one of those things where I'll enjoy watching it in the moment but then for the next few days I am filled with dread and regret.

I really like cryptic horror, the kind that doesn't scream in your face and focuses on building atmosphere, I guess more creepy than outright scary. Course I'm still a coward so if it's a game I opted for watching a video about someone talking about or playing the game.

10 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I see we both share avoiding using the OP weapons.

I've been having Byleth use lances and I'm aiming to have her go through the Pegasus class line.

Incidentally, I initiated phase 2 of my plan to get Frost votes at CyL.

I did it, guys. I joined the forces of fanartists at the subreddit.

The write-up didn't get that much traction. I can only hope this extremely amateurish, not particularly visually appealing conglomerate of multicolored graphite will draw in people's attention more easily and get me votes so I can accomplish the inconsequential goal of getting Frost a pity trophy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She got doubled by a bolting?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice out there provin' why peggies knights are the best.

Fucking 14x, seriously. Horrible, horrible map, and this is coming from someone who likes 6.

If there ever was a perfect description of pegasus knights... Seriously, pros are all "flier utility" this and that, put the shitty early peggies on the S tier and refuse to elaborate. What does that mean, guys? What the heck do I do with a worthless unit that gets to places really fast and can't do anything once it's there?

...Okay, to be fair, at least peggies aren't Roy...

Hahahah... Oh man. What an emotional rollercoaster this is being.

I get that the point is "rescue dropping good" but cavs can do this as well and actually put up a real fight. Access to stuff like the wing spear , staves and the kinshi knight/every flier in 3H having bows definitely helped them a lot but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of early pegasus feel a bit miserable to use... The fact that my fast and magic tanky unit got doubled and one rounded by a bolting just shouldn't be a thing , especially in normal mode and with an angelic robe.

It's not like I completely neglected him , he's level 11. I made a genuine attempt so he could at least not get one rounded by anything engaging combat him , but at times I wonder if my lord isn't actually Fir :]

Don't worry , Douglas will be spared. Let's just say that Cath's skills will make me save up quite a bit of money , and I'll leave it at that.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, believe me, we've gotten into worse scuffles lol. We like a good argument here, though I'll say, it is rather beautiful that these things CAN be talked about in this place, unlike... y'know, a lot of other places on the internet where it would degenerate into complete horror.

Anyway, I like this take. While I still personally would like for them to stick to their guns and make Rosado a bit of an asshole, I think I'll be fine as long as they handle him tastefully. And please, for the love of God, don't make all of his C supports consist entirely of "hey person I am actually a boy, express shock." Please. Pleaseee.

Oh I would find sassy Rosado to be absolutely hilarious , and it's coming from someone who's into the LGBT group. Let him diss a few people , as a treat.

Well I think everyone in Elusia would probably be already aware and accept him for who he is , and Alear doesn't strike me as the kind of character to pull that off. Forrest , which is the most recent and similar exemple barely has a mention of his feminine looks and sexual orientation beside with Corrin and Nina. The former defending him pretty strongly and Nina is Nina , but she still respect him at the end ; everything else is fashion related , Siegbert/Ophelia protecting him and Leo talking about the origins of Forrest's passion + brinhildr stuff. All in all Forrest is handled pretty tastefully and you get a good glimpse at how these kind of people tend to get harassed for who they are but keeps going because being true to one self is much too important to give up.

So I really doubt they would make this mistake , especially since Engage takes place after 3H and the game has several gay endings and couples , this kind of stuff is pretty accepted now. I could see Amber at most trying to hit on him , but being fully aware of what he's getting into lol. Perhaps Louis could get curious on the matter but considering he's described as someone very caring for his friends , I think any deeper talk about Rosado's identity would be started from a desire to help him and not for comedy purposes.

I am so looking forward to the console ports of Freedom Planet 2.

Though I am kind of worried that I have yet to see an Unity engine game that runs well on the Switch. Hopefully I just got unlucky with ports and this isn't a sign of things to come.
Freedom Planet 1 runs amazing on Switch, but it's also a different engine.

Btw, play Freedom Planet on Switch or anywhere else.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I am so looking forward to the console ports of Freedom Planet 2.

Though I am kind of worried that I have yet to see an Unity engine game that runs well on the Switch. Hopefully I just got unlucky with ports and this isn't a sign of things to come.
Freedom Planet 1 runs amazing on Switch, but it's also a different engine.

Btw, play Freedom Planet on Switch or anywhere else.

Oh wow , didn't expect to see another FP fan here.

I bought the first game three times : Wii U , Switch , and steam lol. I'm pretty sure I have almost 200 hours clocked into the game now , I love it so much , never gets tired of replaying it. I also managed to get my hands on FP2 and it's a fantastic game as well , I just wish the parry wasn't a thing because I felt like it trivialized a lot of decision making against the bosses. All I have to finish now is the Neera path , I'm pretty much half way through with her : I just wish she had faster options to gain height , but then again I am spoiled by how broken Carol's wall jump was in FP1. Carol in FP1 is just a wild eh character to control and has always been my favorite.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice out there provin' why peggies knights are the best.

Long range magic in FE6 simply has no weight. That's all there is to it.

A strange decision for sure. In FE5 they all still had capped weight. Since Con in FE5 does not work for magic, this meant doubling with long range was impossible.

Just now, Loliko said:

Oh wow , didn't expect to see another FP fan here.

I bought the first game three times : Wii U , Switch , and steam lol. I'm pretty sure I have almost 200 hours clocked into the game now , I love it so much , never gets tired of replaying it. I also managed to get my hands on FP2 and it's a fantastic game as well , I just wish the parry wasn't a thing because I felt like it trivialized a lot of decision making against the bosses. All I have to finish now is the Neera path , I'm pretty much half way through with her : I just wish she had faster options to gain height , but then again I am spoiled by how broken Carol's wall jump was in FP1. Carol in FP1 is just a wild eh character to control and has always been my favorite.

A recent update allows holding down the attack button to have Carol attack at max speed. I never knew she could be such a lawn mower.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With luck, you will be right and a female doctor happens again.

It's gonna be a bit, we already know Tennant's replacement (Ncuti Gatwa, who it turns out will be Ken in the Barbie movie.).

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If there ever was a perfect description of pegasus knights... Seriously, pros are all "flier utility" this and that, put the shitty early peggies on the S tier and refuse to elaborate. What does that mean, guys? What the heck do I do with a worthless unit that gets to places really fast and can't do anything once it's there?

Drop said good units who aren't cavs already.

Considering BinB though, that's not that many not named Rutger, so that doesn't help you.

3 minutes ago, Loliko said:

Ultimately , while the opportunity for a trans character was here , as long as they don't actively try to present the character as being "in the wrong" for who he is I'm fine with it. I hope this kind of topic isn't too heavy for this thread , but still felt like it was important to at least give my 2 cents since I'm pretty affected by those kind of discussions.

I haven't had much of anything I felt I could add to the topic, but solid points imo.

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I've been having Byleth use lances and I'm aiming to have her go through the Pegasus class line.

Any plans for advanced classes?

Course, I went all in on flying Byleth on Maddening, so I can't act all high and mighty about monoflier team comps

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, I initiated phase 2 of my plan to get Frost votes at CyL.

The write-up didn't get that much traction. I can only hope this extremely amateurish, not particularly visually appealing conglomerate of multicolored graphite will draw in people's attention more easily and get me votes so I can accomplish the inconsequential goal of getting Frost a pity trophy.

Is this first sketch for future alt Grandfather Frost, Doting Elder?

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Less the job, and more the routine.

I FUCKING HATE routines like this. More than anything.

Even back before my illness, while i worked on something i enjoyed much more and loved, i felt the same.

I feel like a fucking machine.

Work, rest, sleep.

Repeat.

And i kinda lose the will to do anything else, including stuff i love, even of free days/time. And i feel less human by the day, more a machine wearing human skin. Well, i did have a reputation of being a cold person back then, i guess i am getting into that again.

Seeing the sun outside makes me just yearn to go take a walk and forget everything else. But nope, workey work.

What makes it all worse is that i am a night owl - a good night sleep is pretty much impossible if i have to wake up early, even if i go to bed early. The weekend is spent catching up on sleep.

Tl;DR: 40 hours/week can go suck a dick. Yeah i don't have to look over every cent anymore like my student/part time days, but to call this living would be a lie.

I can only empathise with your frustration.

I'm assuming you don't have any opportunites that could be taken to shift hours, even in a different place?

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And i realise this might sound like "ranting on a high level", having a decent paying job in a country with strong worker rights in high inflation times should make me one of the luckier persons on the planet, but sometimes...

Honestly, thinking of people in less fortunate positions just makes me more...done with everything, and how powerless one is to change it.

There's a delicate balance between realizing you are in a position of privilege while also not being afraid to vent about it. Just because someone may have it worse doesn't mean you should bury what you feel, you know? And personally I feel having that empathy towards the impoverished is crucial to bettering the rights of workers the world over.

1 hour ago, Loliko said:

Ultimately , while the opportunity for a trans character was here , as long as they don't actively try to present the character as being "in the wrong" for who he is I'm fine with it. I hope this kind of topic isn't too heavy for this thread , but still felt like it was important to at least give my 2 cents since I'm pretty affected by those kind of discussions.

Sometimes I wonder if I've ruined this thread with how many socio-political debates I've sparked.

But anyways about Rosado, I don't want to look into the conversation too much since I'm trying to enter Engage mostly blind but I am praying that Rosado will represent huge progress in LGBTQ representation in FE.

Just now, Punished Dayni said:

Any plans for advanced classes?

Course, I went all in on flying Byleth on Maddening, so I can't act all high and mighty about monoflier team comps

Petra as an Assassin of course, Bernie as a Sniper, Byleth as a Wyvern Rider and that's pretty much all I have planned, everything else will be more of a spur of the moment choice.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

something something hero something something villain

45 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'm assuming you don't have any opportunites that could be taken to shift hours, even in a different place?

not at the moment, no

39 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Just because someone may have it worse doesn't mean you should bury what you feel, you know?

+100.

I always hate the "Look how others have it worse you will be thankful"

Like bro, this just makes me hate the world more, as it's used as an aguement to stop trying making things better, for yourself and others.

I like the "how much better can we be" line of thought much more.

20230110124946-1.jpg20230110124957-1.jpg

And a 1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4!

They reference like one of the three things worth calling a villager request in RF1. Why, exactly? And I don't recall any festival for turnips specifically, not in any game. Considering the latter two things are dragon-related, I think they could've chosen better for the first two things here.

20230108163739-1.jpg

Turns out when you accept/complete a request, the character's artwork reflects whatever costume they're presently in, even though you aren't directly conversing with them. Martin must've been in the baths.😆 I saw Hina in her nightgown when I finished one from her.

I didn't realize RF5 makes daily monster fodder consumption 1 per barn, not 1 per monster as I was used to. Means I drastically overdid it converting 50% of the Earth Dragon's fields into pastureland.😅 All monsters now providing some kind of material every day is much better than it used to be. Presently plowing corn into the village field to bolster it and growing a few other non-fodder things there too for better seeds. Income is plentiful enough even without exploiting things that I can kinda do that. I would rather not want to run out of stuff to spend money on this early either. I'll have the ice cave boss fought and defeated on my next day -assuming it doesn't randomly OHKO me like one of the blue frogs did on the floor above (it cost me nearly 4k at the clinic, I didn't bother savescumming afterwards). Even so, going below Hard difficulty would be nonsense here unless you were a really casual player.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, nice, last minute addition. Make that nine. That's... interesting, to say the least.

*Checks game out of curiosity*

Heaven & Hell-themed. I see.

Well, Gabriel would be the most "sensical" archangel for defying gender norms. I'm not sure why, but Gabriel, despite usually being depicted as male over the history of the Abrahamic religions, in modern times has not infrequently in popular entertainment been depicted as female (ignoring that angels minus the fallen ones don't have sex and are technically sexless, genderless beings). The other well-known archangels- Michael, Raphael, and to a lesser extent Uriel, haven't been sometimes-feminized, only Gabriel.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Only 10 Wt for Bolting in Binding. Normal Mode 14x boss is... 12 AS. It wouldn't be impossible with a sufficiently heavy weapon and while ferrying someone for a peg to get doubled. An Iron Lance is 8 Wt, Shanna promoted has 5 Con. If she had 10 pre-AS loss as was stated, it'd be 7 afterwards if she was using one of those, so across the being-doubled threshold. Equipping a Slim Lance or Iron Sword could've saved her life.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tl;DR: 40 hours/week can go suck a dick. Yeah i don't have to look over every cent anymore like my student/part time days, but to call this living would be a lie.

As someone who has never held a job (and is affected by the "curse" of being fortuitously blessed with boundless free time), I have to be honest and say I can't understand firsthand how this feels. It has simply never happened to me.

Nonetheless, I offer my sympathy, to the maximum extent of what I realistically can provide.🙂 I hope you're eventually able to find a job with timetables more in accordance with your ideal work-life balance and circadian rhythm. 

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Regeneration only happens after a fatal wound and under normal circumstances, Time-Lords don't get to pick what they'll even regenerate into.

Sounds familiar.

6 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I think not giving a crap has been helpful.

Well yes, people don't generally care about the gender in this case. The Doctor is always The Doctor, The Master is always The Master, etc.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With luck, you will be right and a female doctor happens again.

Maybe the 16th Doctor at the earliest. But that's.....at least after 2026.

5 hours ago, Loliko said:

I do admit that making his hair color being white with shades of blue and pink is a bit on the nose , especially with a myriad of other factors (JP voice fluctuating between girlish and boyish , desire to learn cooking with Goldmary , ore pronoun used , obsession with cute and pretty stuff , drawing his liege because he admires how cute she is , and so on) , and I couldn't blame anyone for thinking they might have been trans to some regard.

I don't think the bolded factors have anything to do with it tbh.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Doctor has a doctorate in anything.

The Doctor canonically has a doctorate in everything.

Literally, when people ask him, he tells them that he's a Doctor of everything. 

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I am praying that Rosado will represent huge progress in LGBTQ representation in FE.

I don't think it'll go that far because that's putting too much faith in IntSys writing but we shall see.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds familiar.

I'm afraid i don't get it.

Tl;DR: 40 hours/week can go suck a dick. Yeah i don't have to look over every cent anymore like my student/part time days, but i just yearn to be a student again.

Want to become a teacher instead?

And i realise this might sound like "ranting on a high level", having a decent paying job in a country with strong worker rights in high inflation times should me one of the luckier persons on the planet, but sometimes...

Honestly, thinking of people in less fortunate positions just makes me more...done with everything, and how powerless one is to change it.

Ah no worries, everyone needs a way to vent at some point. Hopefully you can use some vacation time to break the mold that has so ensnared you.

But honestly yeah, idk if Time-Lords truly count as trans rep because them being gender-fluid is more of fact of their biology. Regeneration only happens after a fatal wound and under normal circumstances, Time-Lords don't get to pick what they'll even regenerate into. 

The inhumann trans is an awkward trope with regard to representation. The trope isn't bad thing in and of itself, but it is hard to see it as representation.

Although the inhuman asexual trope tends to be worse, as ace representation tends to be rarer as it is, and having a people be asexual is a surprisingly popular way of showing that people are inhuman...

My mom is in the "Harry Potter isn't good for you because witchcraft" schtick right now.

Which hey, fine by me, there are better franchises out there.

(I would like to make it clear that these are isolated instances and honestly she doesn't really care most of the time).

Not a big loss, what made Harry Potter good was the way it grew up with its audience, and the magic of that was spent when it was finished.

4 hours ago, Loliko said:

. It's okay , Roy will carry Shanna's legacy by still only having 5 strength by chapter 15.

Oof, our boy isn't doing great in your game it seems.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

But anyways about Rosado, I don't want to look into the conversation too much since I'm trying to enter Engage mostly blind but I am praying that Rosado will represent huge progress in LGBTQ representation in FE.

Eh, we moved far astray from Engage talk and into more general videogame talk fairly quickly, so don't worry too much about Engage spoilers while engaging with the discussion.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm afraid i don't get it.

Replace "regenerate" with "reincarnate" or perhaps "body shift", and thus live a life as endless as an ouroboros. They came to mind, and I'm pretty sure it was pure luck when they had the -from their perspective- good luck to become a Karen that one time. (Admittedly, they are bound by gender (because... I forget the specific minutiae of why that has to be the case here😅), but isn't the relevant DNA sequence found in all humans?)

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They reference like one of the three things worth calling a villager request in RF1. Why, exactly? And I don't recall any festival for turnips specifically, not in any game. Considering the latter two things are dragon-related, I think they could've chosen better for the first two things here.

Not festival for turnips, but the Throwing Festival tends to be done with only turnips.

And in RF4 at least, it is called the Turnip Festival.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I changed my mind, I don’t really care that much who wins CYL. The pity trophy is more interesting anyway, and I would assume my votes are somewhat more impactful there.

And I feel like being nice, so let’s go Frost.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I often watch horror games rather than play them. But when I'm in the mood, it's nice. As long as you avoid triple As. There is no genre with such a steep breadth in quality between indies and big productions as horror. Big horror games are super lame. Indie horror games are often amazing. It's not an absolute rule of course, but I find it applies very commonly.

17 hours ago, ping said:

Representing! I played *a* horror game.

(I otherwise don't care very much about horror as a genre, but Darkest Dungeon is a very good game. Everybody should play it.)

Reveal hidden contents

EV6qqHr.jpeg

XQO1QVt.jpeg

6q1E3R4.jpeg

v2Y4T75.jpeg

Oh yeah, horror games. I was thinking of horror movies, for some reason.

Anyway yeah, they can be neat.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

me with Engage.

these 10 days will be too long. Not to mention i am just getting more and more unattached to...everything, so i am hoping Engage will make me feel some joy again lol

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Less the job, and more the routine.

I FUCKING HATE routines like this. More than anything.

Even back before my illness, while i worked on something i enjoyed much more and loved, i felt the same.

I feel like a fucking machine.

Work, rest, sleep.

Repeat.

And i kinda lose the will to do anything else, including stuff i love, even of free days/time. And i feel less human by the day, more a machine wearing human skin. Well, i did have a reputation of being a cold person back then, i guess i am getting into that again.

Seeing the sun outside makes me just yearn to go take a walk and forget everything else. But nope, workey work.

What makes it all worse is that i am a night owl - a good night sleep is pretty much impossible if i have to wake up early, even if i go to bed early. The weekend is spent catching up on sleep.

I hope you start feeling better Shrimpy. My sympathies, especially on the routine part, I feel like the same, even though my only work is easy— school. My routine was shaken up quite a bit recently, so that was helpful, although it’s going to get worse after Thursday.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Power of horny, huh.

That does not work on me.

My uncle from Nintendo called. Timerra is buff now.

So is her mom, who’s actually playable.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The inhumann trans is an awkward trope with regard to representation. The trope isn't bad thing in and of itself, but it is hard to see it as representation.

Although the inhuman asexual trope tends to be worse, as ace representation tends to be rarer as it is, and having a people be asexual is a surprisingly popular way of showing that people are inhuman...

Fair points. Although it does bring up the question of what the definition of inhuman is in the context. Because is it "not human" or "not people". Because given how much power imagination holds, making it so that representation is only for strictly human (as in Homo Sapien) characters is a bit....restrictive. 

Like, Nucti Gatwa is set to play the 15th Doctor, being the first black person to do so. So would the 15th Doctor not be black representation because The Doctor isn't biologically human? 15th Doctor is also set to be gay as well (13th was gay a little bit but from what i hear, Chinball fumbled it because of course he did).

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Replace "regenerate" with "reincarnate" or perhaps "body shift", and thus live a life as endless as an ouroboros. They came to mind, and I'm pretty sure it was pure luck when they had the -from their perspective- good luck to become a Karen that one time. (Admittedly, they are bound by gender (because... I forget the specific minutiae of why that has to be the case here😅), but isn't the relevant DNA sequence found in all humans?)

It took me a moment to get it but now i get it haha.