• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

59 minutes ago, ping said:

What can I say, I'm not much of an artist.

(it's really just a preset facial structure, with pale skin and red hair as a ice/fire aesthetic. I was considering blue lipstick, but that would've been a bit tacky, imo)

Boo coward, put some lipstick on, liven up!

I'm surprised. Sure, he's old, kinda, not even grey-haired, but he doesn't even have a beard.

Oh, have patience. You'll see.

57 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

いいえ、愚かなドラゴン

No, Shrimpy, stop. Let me know what's on your mind, but do so in a language I can follow!

56 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Watch the show already dammit

Very well.

But first, I must finish my roast duck.

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, I need clarification. Are you truly seeing nothing or you're one of those.

For the record, I can't see that post either. In fact, it's really odd, you've been doing that all day. Just quoting people and adding nothing. I'm assuming it's unintentional?

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I can see why Alear goes full red lmao

I love this

It's all really goofy.

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I see, no wonder Rubenio likes her design so much.

I... I feel insulted, Lightchao. Did you insult me?

Now, don't forget there was a time when you considered giving it another chance. You were even concerned about getting too into it and feeling the need to play every other game! In the end you got sidetracked and forgot about it

Oh yeah, I did briefly consider it, didn't I. Man, I musta been seriously bored those days.

like you did with Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

Ahahaha! Aww, that one just didn't have a chance. I started it and then I spent two months making a hack. And then Observer introduced me to Covenant of the Plume! Gotta return one of these days.

...Besides, it's going to be very difficult for it to beat my Apollo Justice record. I played my first four AA with a friend who was also a fan. I disliked Apollo and abandoned it roughly 3/4ths into case 3. I didn't touch it for three years, to the point where it became a running joke with my friend. Then he said something, I forget what, and I just randomly got the urge to get back to it.

I await the Rubenio Persona 5 playthrough. Maybe you and Armagon will find something else you agree on?

I'm not playing Persona 5. There are a lot of games that look more interesting to me than that one.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For the record, I can't see that post either. In fact, it's really odd, you've been doing that all day. Just quoting people and adding nothing. I'm assuming it's unintentional?

Just the picture ones, I take it.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just the picture ones, I take it.

I believe so, yeah. Just two or three posts where you'd quote someone and just say nothing. Must be an issue embedding images you're having.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe so, yeah. Just two or three posts where you'd quote someone and just say nothing. Must be an issue embedding images you're having.

Do spoiler tags also show up or not?

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Boo coward, put some lipstick on, liven up!

I mean, I did, just not blue. And...

4GFvFet.jpg

hQsPzv0.jpg

...nah, I think I stick with red. Maybe black lipstick if I ever replay as an edgelord main character, but if that happens, it'll be far in the future.

I did go for the fixpatch (and the 4 GB RAM fix) after all, as @Green06 suggested, and just to be sure that there won't be any save file shenanigans 14 hours into the game, I'll replay the start, too. Tomorrow, probably. Shouldn't take that long to do the opening mission if I skip most of the dialogue.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not playing Persona 5. There are a lot of games that look more interesting to me than that one.

Too bad, its best character is a parental figure :whistle:

Spoiler

...I say with the falsest of convictions after only having watched a LP back when it came out first. Not invested enough to get the Steam version now that it's out, unless it's on a big saIe at some point, maybe. I did honestly like a fair bit of its aesthetics, in particular the more "edgy" imagery (the main characters rip their own fucking faces off to access their powers, in an imaginatory world, but still, the angry rebel spirit comes across very nicely), but it definitely makes some.... choices, too.

Edited by ping

3 minutes ago, ping said:

Too bad, its best character is a parental figure :whistle:

Reveal hidden contents

...I say with the falsest of convictions after only having watched a LP back when it came out first. Not invested enough to get the Steam version now that it's out, unless it's on a big saIe at some point, maybe. I did honestly like a fair bit of its aesthetics, in particular the more "edgy" imagery (the main characters rip their own fucking faces off to access their powers, in an imaginatory world, but still, the angry rebel spirit comes across very nicely), but it definitely makes some.... choices, too.

Are you saying Persona is the Face/Off of JRPGs?

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Are you saying Persona is the Face/Off of JRPGs?

I'm just saying that this is its secret title track

Alright so for fun, I decided to rank some FE characters on how close they are to a real person I would meet and have a coherent conversation with. It was mostly for fun and I wasn't taking it too seriously but the topic is still curious and I'd like to hear you're folks' thoughts on it.

TceUtvX.png

5cOCUXG.png

ipbYfp0.png

es39jhR.png

ZOgJlbF.png

zIbukZ2.png

I was going off of my own experience of people I've met and talked to in real life so this is bound to be different depending on who you are.

Rise from a thousand posts ago, walking from a meme-y dream

Meet the Saint who kills everyone

The rising Gundam of Tequila

Meeting in the Teehee Thread.

Meet the son that sweeps across the field.

The Fates and Kaga save our games

Tonight play Xenoblade and forget the bad games

You playing Trails, posting Rixia again, Altina's coming through, blessing you for choosing her 

Do you remember LPW?

Memories of Red and Blue, bonking you. Bare your Tsun and Dere, kneel to the power of Teehee, here and now

EMBLEM, ENGAGE!

Bonds of Anime, connect us

Lewd provides, entertains us

Like the Emperor of the Shrimps, Like the Cosmo of the Lights

Bonds of Ironman, unite us, linking us to victory

Users come embrace Imoutos

The Teehee is now for You and Me!

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... I feel insulted, Lightchao. Did you insult me?

Of course not, what's so insulting about having good taste in desserts?

Wait... do people in Solm have dessert names because they live in a desert? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I disliked Apollo and abandoned it roughly 3/4ths into case 3.

Pleasure... But a fleeting melody...

Though I can't tell from this statement if you disliked Apollo the character or just the game. I liked it, but I had to look up a guide a few times.

I didn't touch it for three years, to the point where it became a running joke with my friend.

Ah, so it's just like Trails in this thread.

Fair, I saw it on sale a while back but I got 13 Sentinels instead. Armagon would never forgive me otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

TceUtvX.png

Cynthia being in the "Actual person I've met" category is the surprise here.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ZOgJlbF.png

I expected Shinon in the Social Media category

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ipbYfp0.png

Who the hell was like Rhea?

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

5cOCUXG.png

Oh good, Peri isn't out in the world.

es39jhR.png

zIbukZ2.png

"Happy Ghast noises"

15 minutes ago, ping said:

I'm just saying that this is its secret title track

Some fantasy huh? I'd expect more dead people in that context I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Rise from a thousand posts ago, walking from a meme-y dream

Meet the Saint who kills everyone

The rising Gundam of Tequila

Meeting in the Teehee Thread.

Meet the son that sweeps across the field.

The Fates and Kaga save our games

Tonight play Xenoblade and forget the bad games

You playing Trails, posting Rixia again, Altina's coming through, blessing you for choosing her 

Do you remember LPW?

Memories of Red and Blue, bonking you. Bare your Tsun and Dere, kneel to the power of Teehee, here and now

EMBLEM, ENGAGE!

Bonds of Anime, connect us

Lewd provides, entertains us

Like the Emperor of the Shrimps, Like the Cosmo of the Lights

Bonds of Ironman, unite us, linking us to victory

Users come embrace Imoutos

The Teehee is now for You and Me!

Will there be more verses in this song? I'm betting on there being more.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Wait... do people in Solm have dessert names because they live in a desert? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I'd believe it.

21 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Cynthia being in the "Actual person I've met" category is the surprise here.

I've met a few Cynthia's here and there. Very energetic and cheery people.

22 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Who the hell was like Rhea?

If you've ever been in an evangelical church in the states there's at least 60 Rheas.

>9 pages

Well, hope I didn’t miss anything, since I read 2 of them.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:57 PM, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah Pokemon also strikes me as a game where for the most part I can play while listening to something else in the background, like a podcast or something, which is the type of game I'm looking for.

Don’t forget to listen to the music at the begin of BW2 so you can hear the sound of my childhood

On 1/11/2023 at 6:08 PM, Lightchao42 said:

bNVzSbC.jpg

YES YOURE ALMOST AT BEST GIRL

Or… I think so? I thought you said you unlocked everyone. In which case, I guess this wasn’t the part where you unlock Kisaragi. Well good on you for getting her either way.

McBurn is cool and more importantly, has toothpaste hair. I don't see any multicolored hair in your avatar Sooks, even if it is Engage related.

So true

Hmm

On 1/11/2023 at 6:21 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is this a trick question because i feel like either way i will get FBI'd

He’s on to us boys

Defo more Byleth tho kek

So you like having more students to choose from, I see

On 1/11/2023 at 6:30 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Should i write a big post to get Sing into a cursed series

Option A: Write cursed post

Option B: Write that Altina fic

Option C: Suffer

But yes

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you wrote a song about me? I’m flattered

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't touch it for three years, to the point where it became a running joke with my friend.

Me and Benice with Yakuza 0

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ipbYfp0.png

I would move Lysithea down to kinda realistic, Rhea and Catherine down to no, and Ignatz, Dorothea, and Seteth up to “I’ve met this person before”. And Sylvain on social media maybe.

Ingrid is kinda weird since I would say she’s realistic for the time but less nowadays. Like I could see her if you swapped out “knightly ideals” for some other societal ideal but right now… eh.

I’m guessing you don’t know that much about the characters you skipped?

I’m not responding to any other tier lists because this is the only game where I really love the characters