Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

ci0iv3puk3da1.jpg

So first impressions after 5 chapters:

• New Mechanics overload kinda, but i am getting to it
  • Game seems deceptive...very deceptive. You see the map, think "oh easy", but these enemy combinations (and the named enemies with skills) are scary man
  • Armors good? Armors good
  • It's 3 am and i have work in 6 hours Ü
  • Growths seem low so far
  • Vandad the Jagenest Jagen to ever Jagen. The series finally did a Jagen right. Finally
  • Break Mechanic good. Unit Types good and makes even generic enemies without skills have something to them. For example, if you position your units wrong and make an enemy archer land on terrain...well, good luck hitting them with the double Avo bonus.
  • Reset chapter option in the menu is a godsend Ü. Because even just equipping the wrong weapon can lead to a reset
  • Ya know, in any another FE, stuff like WarpRagna or Move + 5 would break the game...yeah not here. Those peeps at IS were able to balance broken tools somehow???
  • I like so far.
  • I am kinda diggin Alear??
Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Lyn - Wiki Fire Emblem - Génération Nintendo

Soon.

Any idea which mode you plan on playing? Eliwood Normal Mode, Hector Normal Modem Eliwood Hard Mode, Hector Hard Mode?

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Malice | Fire Emblem Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Soon.

New Mystery? Changed your mind on the next FE game already? Also I am a little worried you didn't hype up any of the Jugdral games, but I guess they are planned to be played even later.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Mro1Kpr.jpg

Don't have much faith that you'll tear down the church by then do ya?

If Edelgard had dismantled the church by then, its not clear that she would dismantle the Garreg Mach Monastery as a building. Even if the church is gone, its not like their buildings, or land disappear with them.

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

They give you enough points to unlock every Mystery File, right?

I think some of it comes from beating the certain requirements on the missions but for the most part, yes.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Remind me to never step in the store you work at. (Wouldnt it be funny if this has already happened before? Xd)

Today two middle-aged ladies had the wonderful idea of undressing the mannequins because they thought the clothes were for sale.

Imagine being that brain dead.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Reset chapter option in the menu is a godsend Ü. Because even just equipping the wrong weapon can lead to a reset

Wait you can reset without soft resting the game?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, like an actual manga adaptation or just a compilation of short works?

Good question.

We don't know. But it's gonna be serialized on Sakiyo and Shounen Jump so it's presumably the former.

Just now, Armagon said:

Good question.

We don't know. But it's gonna be serialized on Sakiyo and Shounen Jump so it's presumably the former.

That'd be cool. Been a long time since FE had one of those.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait you can reset without soft resting the game?

Yup.

You have in the menu the option to reset the chapter directly (along turn wheels and battle saves, basically they are giving everyone the options and are letting the player what to use or not.)

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yup.

You have in the menu the option to reset the chapter directly (along turn wheels and battle saves, basically they are giving everyone the options and are letting the player what to use or not.)

It's peak.

Ok so Engage definitely is setting up the new QoL bar for the series then. I doubt FE18 will be like Engage, nor will I expect it to because we all know how Fire Emblem constantly changes. But these QoL options are huge.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's peak.

Ok so Engage definitely is setting up the new QoL bar for the series then. I doubt FE18 will be like Engage, nor will I expect it to because we all know how Fire Emblem constantly changes. But these QoL options are huge.

And the best thing? They are truly qol and are not affecting game balance. Now the "game design bad cuz turn wheel" crowd can shut up. If you want the pure classic experience you got it, if you want save states you have them, and if you want battle saves you got that, too. Just pick and use the option you want.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's peak.

I can see it now.

Review of next FE: "It's not Engage 2, 6/10."

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And the best thing? They are truly qol and are not affecting game balance. Now the "game design bad cuz turn wheel" crowd can shut up. If you want the pure classic experience you got it, if you want save states you have them, and if you want battle saves you got that, too. Just pick and use the option you want.

You could argue that the next step would be to just disable the ones you aren't using but that's just preference at that point.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can see it now.

Review of next FE: "It's not Engage 2, 6/10."

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Dishonor not your forefathers who begot you Benice!

The arsonists?

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hold on, what's "Oh my" about this?

2 hours ago, Green06 said:

Itachi Sasuke GIF - Itachi Sasuke You Are Weak - Discover & Share GIFs

Don't worry, I'll be brave enough to watch something by Clockup someday.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Did you make a full version of the Engage opening"

"Yes"

"What did it cost?"

"The lyrics"

I'm a little bit disappointed ngl.

Which ending? There's multiple.

see link for engage opening full version > dont hear any vocal > close immediately

ngl, the lyric is very catchy & corny and i love it. it really sets the tone of the story which the opposite of 3H

-----------------------

thats the thing i dislike one or two version of the ending to the point of forgetting it immediately 😅. either way i finish both the male and female mc route

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When SF's forums updated the day you returned:

Screen-Shot-2023-01-19-at-2-13-53-PM.png

This got added to the right. Shows the most recent images added in a given topic.

The image itself wasn't a problem, I just wanted to mention this before an actual problem occurred. Forewarned is forearmed.

Getting a free image-sharing/hosting site account would allow you to freely post whatever spolierific images you want. Upload any screenshots you would like to share to one of those. And then post the link to the image on your account in whatever post you want to, it should embed in SF without issue. I use ImgBB, others use Imgur to name two example websites. None of the images I've posted this way since the SF forum update have been shown in the new "Posted Images" thing. Also is a good way to avoid any image storage per user limitations SF has.

Enjoy Engage BTW!😃💍

i come back to bring changes

now that you mention it, i did use image hosting like imgur occasionally. welp, it was 11 PM, shows that late night discussion not a good thing. cant think properly hahah

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I can't believe i might have to reset on ch2 already lmao

just like me lmao

i thought it was only me.

enter ch.2 > eh.. nothing can go wrong yet... *get my ass handed to me* > reset -___-

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Today two middle-aged ladies had the wonderful idea of undressing the mannequins because they thought the clothes were for sale.

Imagine being that brain dead.

Well, it certainly sounds unique! 

Well, whenever I assist my family in shopping, my parents usually walk towards the exit without paying so I have to remind them to pay for things, haha 

30 minutes remaining… (well 20 now that I’ve finished writing this post)

Also, all these posts are seriously convincing me to go with hard and see what happens. I’m probably really rusty at FE, since I haven’t played one in… a while.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

But that was one of the funniest moments in the game, even if it accompanied a big twist.

I actually don’t remember this line at all so…

I think I'm far enough into 13 Sentinels that I have a grasp on the general plot.

Ah, to be young and innocent…

I look forward to finishing the game so I can view the cutscenes in chronological order, then everything will make sense... probably.

You might already know this, but that’ll take quite a while. There’s a playlist on YouTube with all the events in chronological order (I’ve been working on watching it myself), and it’s like 16 and a half hours long.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ci0iv3puk3da1.jpg

So first impressions after 5 chapters:

• New Mechanics overload kinda, but i am getting to it
  • Game seems deceptive...very deceptive. You see the map, think "oh easy", but these enemy combinations (and the named enemies with skills) are scary man
  • Armors good? Armors good

NICE

• Vandad the Jagenest Jagen to ever Jagen. The series finally did a Jagen right. Finally

You said this too early, now he’ll never fall off

Wait he hasn’t fallen off already has he?

• Break Mechanic good. Unit Types good and makes even generic enemies without skills have something to them. For example, if you position your units wrong and make an enemy archer land on terrain...well, good luck hitting them with the double Avo bonus.
  • Reset chapter option in the menu is a godsend Ü. Because even just equipping the wrong weapon can lead to a reset
  • Ya know, in any another FE, stuff like WarpRagna or Move + 5 would break the game...yeah not here. Those peeps at IS were able to balance broken tools somehow???
  • I like so far.

Hard seems kinda tempting… but maddening……

• I am kinda diggin Alear??

Character wise?

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Switch doesn't have two screens, so...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

But why

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Don't worry, I'll be brave enough to watch something by Clockup someday.

I recommend you watch a korean movie called Hope instead

Crítica: Hope - Woo! Magazine

4 minutes ago, Green06 said:

I recommend you watch a korean movie called Hope instead

Hey, that doesn't look too-

OH GOD

I'll stick with Beloved.