• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Y’know, Octopath 2 having more party interaction is going to be funny considering it seems to have a slightly larger tonal clash between stories than the first game. The first game had some differences, but they were all fantasy stories with semi-similar stakes and tone, even if you had like, Tressa on the low end and Ophilia on the other.

Octopath 2 is funny because it has this

Dg8yEot.jpg
and this

XJuHYRi.jpg
as two story blurbs from the same game. How is Agnea going to exist here and talk without having a heart attack?

Agnea’s story seems almost a little too lighthearted, maybe there’s more here than meets the eye again

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a common impression for Temenos I've seen online. You know another common impression for Temenos? To end up liking him a lot.

Good, I need someone to replace Hikari.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What's Claude doing in Octopath II?

Eliminating that devil called poverty from the world.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Y’know, Octopath 2 having more party interaction is going to be funny considering it seems to have a slightly larger tonal clash between stories than the first game. The first game had some differences, but they were all fantasy stories with semi-similar stakes and tone, even if you had like, Tressa on the low end and Ophilia on the other.

Dg8yEot.jpg
and this

XJuHYRi.jpg
as two story blurbs from the same game. How is Agnea going to exist here and talk without having a heart attack?

Agnea’s story seems almost a little too lighthearted, maybe there’s more here than meets the eye again

I mean, Octopath 1 did potentially have pompous idiot Cyrus running around being oblivious about the multiple women in love with him, being followed by violent vigilante Primrose and her blood-soaked dagger. But I agree, the differences are even more stark here.

...Funny how they're the same classes, just swapped.

Also I just noticed

Spoiler

Not even the narrator will acknowledge Harvey's existence lol. The blurb merely states Osvald was sentenced to life and that he sets out to exact some vague sort of revenge. It's only in Osvald's own quote that Harvey is mentioned.

Likely nothing intentional but I thought it was funny.

I can only hope he will do when you experience his start.

Hmmm... I don't know, man. I think there's going to be more to this story. Think about it... Poverty, Partitio. You add an n to his name and he becomes Partition - a part of something that is divided into multiple parts. In other words, inequality, the very core of poverty. And... have we ever seen poverty and Partitio in the same room? Didn't think so. Clearly Partitio is secretly the CEO of poverty.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dg8yEot.jpg
and this

XJuHYRi.jpg

Been meaning to finally play Octopath 1 so then I can get in on the hype of Octopath 2!! Need to find the time to play it this year. Heard people love that game

Also I need another bow unit of any kind so I can finalize this. Sniper/bow knight/or warrior would be nice lol (Zelkov 🙏 Zelkov 🙏 Zelkov🙏) https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/97910-fire-emblem-engage-pmu-pick-my-units/

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... I don't know, man. I think there's going to be more to this story. Think about it... Poverty, Partitio. You add an n to his name and he becomes Partition - a part of something that is divided into multiple parts. In other words, inequality, the very core of poverty. And... have we ever seen poverty and Partitio in the same room? Didn't think so. Clearly Partitio is secretly the CEO of poverty.

I mean, what if the partition is to the money of the rich to give to the poor?

3 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Been meaning to finally play Octopath 1 so then I can get in on the hype of Octopath 2!! Need to find the time to play it this year. Heard people love that game

Well, I'm not fan of JRPGs, as I believe I may have mentioned, but Octopath 1 is one I greatly enjoyed. 2 seems like it's going to be a similar game, only improving on every aspect at least somewhat. Good enough for me!

3 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Also I need another bow unit of any kind so I can finalize this. Sniper/bow knight/or warrior would be nice lol (Zelkov 🙏 Zelkov 🙏 Zelkov🙏) https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/97910-fire-emblem-engage-pmu-pick-my-units/

I could give you sniper Zelkov. Zelkov is my favorite male character under the age of 40. Of course, that would require giving me two picks, wouldn't it.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, what if the partition is to the money of the rich to give to the poor?

Hmm... And yet, if you take out his uncle, you are left with Parti. Parties are expensive. Parties are the thing people who are at least decently well-off do, for poor folks have greater concerns. If he embodies the spirit of debauchery, how can he be expected to contest with the devil called poverty?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm... And yet, if you take out his uncle, you are left with Parti. Parties are expensive. Parties are the thing people who are at least decently well-off do, for poor folks have greater concerns. If he embodies the spirit of debauchery, how can he be expected to contest with the devil called poverty?

Ah, but then what are fundraising parties for? Acquire funds through those parties to use to help the poor.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, but then what are fundraising parties for? Acquire funds through those parties to use to help the poor.

You have an answer for everything. Are you Partitio in real life?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You have an answer for everything. Are you Partitio in real life?

No, yo no partí, tío.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

better than Tri-Force Heroes in this regard).

Also better than the original Four Swords. I remember I did that solo once, it was not fun.

The opening to FSA is hilarious btw. 

Zelda: "the Six Maidens and I will open the Sanctuary to make sure Vaati doesn't escape".

Vaati: *escapes*

Zelda and the Maidens: 🤯

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How many people do you know that keep making videogames into their twilight years, mostly on their own, with no thought for monetary gain?

I mean he's not that ol-WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S 72?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Though he really could stand to be a bit less creepy about women, like goddamn old man

Kaga female characters when they start having a little too much agency in their lives

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nadie se esperaba nuestra inquisición.

Los Españoles no se esperaban a Simon Bolivar tanpoco (pretend this is strikethrough'd).

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I could give you sniper Zelkov. Zelkov is my favorite male character under the age of 40. Of course, that would require giving me two picks, wouldn't it.

Quick, someone steal his pick so I don't need to come up with a loophole for him having two picks 😂

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean he's not that ol-WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S 72?

I genuinely believe this man is going to make videogames until the day he dies. He's been at it for decades, as far back as the NES, and even now he still has plans for Vestaria and its future. It wasn't even a life's passion, seeing how he was already like 40 when he began his career, but it's clearly been his life's passion for as long as he's had it. That's how much love he has for the art of videogames. If nothing else, I think he deserves to be given some props for that.

Just now, Armagon said:

Kaga female characters when they start having a little too much agency in their lives

...Of course, shit like this makes it a bit difficult to defend him. Vestaria is where he's had the least people around him. When it comes to Vestaria, we can truly say "Kaga" and mean it, not as an euphemism for a whole team of people working in tandem. And it also happens to be where the girls are most consistently treated like crap, so... Oof.

Just now, Armagon said:

Los Españoles no se esperaban a Simon Bolivar tanpoco (pretend this is strikethrough'd).

Tampoco is misspelled. You fail, Armagon. We win this round.

1 minute ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Quick, someone steal his pick so I don't need to come up with a loophole for him having two picks 😂

I don't mind having my second pick stolen, so long as it goes to Zelkov. No Zelkov in the team would be highly *regrettable*.

oHv5dh8.jpg

The HGSS randomiser has a couple blind spots, which is a bit of a shame: The Pokemon lists for the bug catching contest are unchanged, as are the Pokemon from the game corner. Got a nice edgy Scyther named Kelik out of the bug contest, so that's nice.

FjrsD3x.jpg

Random TMs at the game corner weren't the greatest, unfortunately, but Substitute becoming Chatter is, at least, a decent coverage move available for any special attacker.

mkhvZsZ.jpg

Wee! Now, to wait until Lv.45 for the final stage...

As for my search for water resists:

uUAXDOi.jpg

I know, old-ass meme. I don't really like the thought of a Pokemon setting up passive damage for everybody except Schnute the Swinub, but 100% accurate Blizzards from these two could be nice.

qgpeZZO.jpg

Kinda boring option, since Oddish is available around here in vanilla HGSS, too, iirc. But Ivy's nature is very nice and you can get a Leafstone fairly easily. Chatter could bolster her otherwise rather shallow move pool, too.

oo6LCIo.jpg

And finally, a non-overpowered dragon, which is neat. Dragon Dance / Pluck could be an interesting option, with whatever special coverage moves Altaria might be able to learn from the randomised TM pool.

Opinions / Requests welcome because I am undecided.

Edited by ping

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And it also happens to be where the girls are most consistently treated like crap, so... Oof.

Buddy just throws darts on the wall to determine what manner of hell innocent maiden will have to go through.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tampoco is misspelled. You fail, Armagon. We win this round.

Ok we Venezuelans do pronounce it with an n so either it's a funny grammar thing or the letter changes between regions.

Or maybe I've been speaking so fast that despite saying with an N, nobody catches it.

1 minute ago, Tanjiro said:

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm writing a fantasy novel and I wanna post the first chapter (rough draft) in the writing section. Is it okay for me to post it or is only fan fiction allowed there? 

You'll probably be fine so long as you're submitting for feedback as opposed to advertising for sales!

8 minutes ago, Tanjiro said:

Okay cool, I'll post it tonight. It's my first time writing a story so I really need feedback.

Hey, you know where else you could practice writing a story?

Good luck! Depending on length, I might be able to read through it later.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Buddy just throws darts on the wall to determine what manner of hell innocent maiden will have to go through.

As long as it's not a groping session with the Avatar in My Castle.

Good for him that the bar has been set so low since PoR that you need a shovel to pass under it.