• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't worry, it's SRW.

Is the Freedom OP in this game like in the anime?

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soooo that Flay girl who secretly prays Kira dies in battle (I had to do a double-take to make sure I was reading her inner thought right) will turn out to be his Judas? Considering Judas didn't exactly outlive the one he backstabbed, that isn't a problem for me. The taste of her insidiousness pleases me not.

Are you sure you this is your first contact with SEED?

I mean, Flay is a bad person but that doesn't mean she isn't a good character. Yes, I actually think her relationship with Kira is interesting

Was Wing attempting to appeal to the J-pop boy band crowd? Because I heard someone criticize that cast as a bunch of boy band members, and now I can't quite unsee the feasibility of it.

Wing was appealing to Fujoshis

You needn't if you don't want to.😀

Understood, I'll get back to it right now.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose it may perhaps surprise you how her characterization does get to change a bit in other SRW's? Or at least her fate.

Okay, this is funny...

6 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

...what.

ff2bc2e91846e2f8dfc2a2cd9a091ea4.png

I just wanted to do something I couldn't in the PS2 version...

Mylove GIF - Mylove GIFs

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I tried hacking it once before and despite following all the steps, it just ... didn't work.

https://i.redd.it/yhw3176et9qa1.jpg

Shia Labeouf GIF - Shia Labeouf Just - Discover & Share GIFs

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Now imagine if they had stick with the original plan of CF not existing, if I recall.

Is the Freedom OP in this game like in the anime?

It's definitely good, from what I recall.

Okay, this is funny...

Yeah, at least one SRW lets her avoid that, as it were. And at least one lets you reenact it as a choice. But more like "if you don't do this in time, then she boards the shuttle".

11 minutes ago, ping said:

You're far too young to be maqing that sort of dad jokes.

Nonsense. One is never too young to make dad jokes. Heck, just a few weeks ago I told a dad joke to my dad. One of my life's proudest moments.

9 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Are you sure you this is your first contact with SEED?

Seeds?

Salt.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We Engage era now 3H outdated

Lindon time.

Most fax video I've seen in a while.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey @Armagon remember that time you asked me about those religious events where the folks looked like KKK members? And I said I never saw such a thing?

Well, I am seeing it. Not quite KKK because they are in black, but the spiky hoods are there. They carry a glass coffin and a giant Virgin Mary behind. Real religion times.

Interesting.

Ah yeah, the black is symbolic for today.

Decided to go through the Collisseum. Music is funky. Though I still think the Underground Caverns had the best music so far. It's the piano.

Okay, boss time against Minotaurus and Werewolf.

Hmm, is a Library Card just lying there on the path meant to be some kind of hint, game? XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bad maps

sk9nb6lgccq31.png

We were so close to greatness, so close.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still think the DLC was made by a different team...

Yes it does feel that way.

Like, the main reason why the base gameplay is Top tier FE is because the game gives you many tools while still being a challenge.

DLC takes away many of your tools, and while it worked on hard (mostly), on maddening i just want my cool tools back

Okay, Lesser Demon defeated and got the Soul of Bat.

Hmm... I take it now I'm meant to finally visit properly Orlox's Quarters. Though first I may go to see what else I can get...

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I just wanted to do something I couldn't in the PS2 version..

but... Why? Why do this to yourself!? The jobs system of FFXII is terrible regardless! Xd

1 hour ago, ping said:

You're far too young to be maqing that sort of dad jokes.

I turned 18 a few weeks ago, so I might as well be sent to a retirement home already

Nah, that's when you turn 30.

Why do you think Wraith is that it is? And in a couple months I'll be checking in too... unless I do turn into a Wizard.

Okay, the Entrance area has been 100%. Well, not counting the little inaccessible shaft, but then again, the game doesn't either.

I was gonna say, does the Faerie familiar doesn't have arms!? But yes, she does. It's just that whenever idle, she faces the camera with her hands clasped behind her back, I guess.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ahhh... You can't even tell the difference between this and official hardware. Well, there is one difference. It's a little crispier, thanks to increased resolution! I expected my laptop to work overtime to run this, but it's actually humming at a decent volume. There's even a pesky crash that purportedly happened consistently with Yuzu, but it didn't happen for me. Got through the prologue, zero issues.

And, of course...

FDXRiW9a_o.png

Feels good to have an Uncle! lol he's not even grabbing the bridle

I want just about nothing that modifies gameplay for my second run, but this for sure, and this for good measure. The 60 FPS patch has not been updated to 2.0.0 yet, but mods are being updated at lightning speed. I expect I won't have to wait long. I'll give it a shot anyway, see what happens.

...And uh... I do feel a wee bit less cavalier about this than I usually do about my business with Uncle, but... This and this. Just in case.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Peeps: Engage has no bad maps

IS creating the DLC:

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jp

We got our bad map quota boys

Frankly? Good. They got it out of the way and put a 30 buck paywall behind it. That means we get to avoid it.

Too bad for Gregory though

23 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I turned 18 a few weeks ago, so I might as well be sent to a retirement home already

It won't be long now before you are Old, by anime standards.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I still don't get why something like that wasn't patched in like they did with TH. Short of a surprise patch somewhere down the road, considering all the DLC's out, then that could be that.

iiUf0y4U_o.png

Huh... That's odd. I thought the bridle thing would be an animation quirk, but with his normal model, Vandad grips is... slightly less badly. Or maybe in this particular frame he manages to grip it again? He's gripping the axe correctly in both screenshots, so it's either that or his left arm specifically grows a meter longer when he's in his Cool Black Jacket.

But do I care? Nay. I don't even intend to leave him in this class! All that matters is that I can get Ultra Drip Vandad on the battlefield. Uncle, you are a real hero!

...In any case, there's one other problem that's becoming apparent - the emulator takes 3-4 minutes to load the game with mods on. That's... odd. I could live with this, I mean, I played how many hours of GTA V Online and that one straight up took 15 minutes to load, but it's not ideal.

I'll have to look into it more tomorrow. Maybe I'll try out the other Switch emulator, Ryujinx.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still don't get why something like that wasn't patched in like they did with TH. Short of a surprise patch somewhere down the road, considering all the DLC's out, then that could be that.

According to people, it's because of the overworld models. They're not the same models as the ones used everywhere else, but rather low-quality versions. Guess they learned from Houses. Of course, this means they'd have to make a whole second model for every combination of alternate outfit and class. This would amount to hundreds of models per character. Unfeasible.

And well, it is true that the mod does not modify the overworld model. Which is fine for a mod, but from an official source it'd look unprofessional.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh... That's odd. I thought the bridle thing would be an animation quirk, but with his normal model, Vandad grips is... slightly less badly. Or maybe in this particular frame he manages to grip it again? He's gripping the axe correctly in both screenshots, so it's either that or his left arm specifically grows a meter longer when he's in his Cool Black Jacket.

But do I care? Nay. I don't even intend to leave him in this class! All that matters is that I can get Ultra Drip Vandad on the battlefield. Uncle, you are a real hero!

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like he's holding the bridle in his regular model either.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

According to people, it's because of the overworld models. They're not the same models as the ones used everywhere else, but rather low-quality versions. Guess they learned from Houses. Of course, this means they'd have to make a whole second model for every combination of alternate outfit and class. This would amount to hundreds of models per character. Unfeasible.

And well, it is true that the mod does not modify the overworld model. Which is fine for a mod, but from an official source it'd look unprofessional.

Ah, so that's why.

---

Ahaha, how cute, the bat familiar has a ? pop-up when transforming out of the bat form.

And a heart when transforming into. Aha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt