• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile mods just kinda break the immersion for me lol. I've said it before but I don't really do mods.

But you play games on emulators. Which is still not "legitimate".

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile mods just kinda break the immersion for me lol. I've said it before but I don't really do mods.

Considering the game in question that sounds like a perk rather than a problem.

I doubt Ailthir is as vile as Mr Bad Touch himself. But considering just how low that bar as, a world dedicated to worshipping "not quite as bad as Corrin" is still impossible to stomach.

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

But you play games on emulators. Which is still not "legitimate".

I only do that if I don't have easy access to the game itself.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew it

I mean, I would certainly want to write more about it. The  shenanigans the Emblems could get up to now that they have physical bodies to interact with the world.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Considering the game in question that sounds like a perk rather than a problem.

I doubt Ailthir is as vile as Mr Bad Touch himself. But considering just how low that bar as, a world dedicated to worshipping "not quite as bad as Corrin" is still impossible to stomach.

The irony is that the worshipping makes much more sense, but at the same time, Alear is the one who is the most against it.

Which is a shame. Now of all times shouldn't have been the time to backpedal, if you ask me.

OH MY FUCKING CHRIST

I spent like, 30 minutes on Nelucce. I finally manage to barely scrape a kill. Also Clanne dies, but who cares.

Then I hit the windows key when the game went into the loading screen, the game glitches out and the emulator crashes.

I can't fucking believe it. I won't even make it to the goddamned fucking boutique today.

That's bullshit. Nintendo PC loses a point.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

I can't believe Edge is not Rabbid Bowser.

I mean, the name she does have is much better.

At least for once my anger powered me rather than impede me. With sheer focused rage I ate up the first half of the map in 20 minutes. Did better than the first time, too. Barring a nasty bit of RNG that destroyed two of my crystal uses.

...Then, so as not to have to walk Clanne and Etie back to the main door, I tried using auto-battle. Picked the "protect" option, thinking it'd make everyone group up around Alear.

Instead, Céline finished breaking down the door and then Chloé proceeded to march her worthless ass headfirst into the entire enemy army. I have no idea why I even bothered rewinding for her, but that situation would've been hard to salvage.

7 charges. I don't care who has to die, I'm beating the map on this attempt. And I better hammer it in to my head - NEVER minimize the game while it's on a loading screen. Ever. Heck, just never minimize it at all. Make a save state before doing so. Something.

Well J Voltes's story is being spun entirely differently from AP Voltes. Much more... upfront?

I'm now at 1.3 million in unspent funds. Still can't decide who to use them on. Reading that spent funds aren't refunded and instead upgrades stick on NG+... maybe I'd opt for a fresh save for my second run (Vorlent can always be cheated into being usable). But it's way too soon to say, need to see how hellish the later half of the game is.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Which reminds me, OG2 did that sort of gag. I recall it had to do about Ibis and her Meteor nickname. After she embraces and then Kuro and Shiro start going on about a new nickname, specially when Red Meteor is mentioned. And one is like "Why not Co..." and the other quickly goes "Do you want to get sued!?" lol

I'm familiar with that funny. The thing is, being much younger and having basically no experience with mecha anime, the reference might as well have been a Spacenoid in orbit because it went over my head.😅

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, that sort of split is kinda interesting, considering the kind of consequences it has. Joining OZ, for example, has Wufei never joining the party. On the flip side, for a while Gato willingly joins your group. The route split also determines who is helping Char when he does the Axis drop. Either of Gato or Milliard. Certainly helps shape up the conflict for after the aliens are defeated and humanity... starts in-fighting again, go figure.

Speaking of Gato, did he ever meet Char (or Haman, which I am extremely doubtful of) in the actual Gundam canon? The AP Robopedia entry didn't mention any such relationship. Because, playing AP and then flipping through other SRW flowcharts, he does seem like he not infrequently makes himself Char's loyal comrade and -sometimes but not always as AP is an exception- hates Haman.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'm so close to beating Pokemon and yet I'm having that thing I have with all games I play where I weirdly just fall off of it right before I'm about to finish it.

I'm sure I'll return to it at some point but I've been missing posting my little adventures on here and seeing folks' reactions to my dumb jokes

I thought about doing a similar thing with all the Paradox games I've been playing lately, Victoria 3, CK3 and the like, though those games don't map well onto my usual structure as well, and I don't think there are as many people interested in those games here as much as Pokemon or Fire Emblem.

Nonetheless, it's nice to check in every now and then and see how things are going.

This year's Oscars has the potential to be the funniest ever.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of Gato,

Ok but why is his name cat?

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm so close to beating Pokemon and yet I'm having that thing I have with all games I play where I weirdly just fall off of it right before I'm about to finish it.

You're actually not the only one here who does that tbf.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ok but why is his name cat?

Because cats wouldn't hesitate to use a nuclear bazooka against humanity. They simply choose not to.😸☢️

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I have this problem all the time.😆 I play a game I enjoy partially, but end up leaving it unfinished. It can happen ~2/3rds of the way through, when the natural desire to take a break after days or weeks or devoted play takes hold. It can also happen at the warp sigil right in front of the final boss, which is the earliest case I think of for myself, that was circa 2004, probably more like 2005 or 6 even.

I'm trying to fight against it nowadays b/c I know I have it. But B & X Ssagas remind me I'm still not perfect about it.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well J Voltes's story is being spun entirely differently from AP Voltes. Much more... upfront?

You probably have already noticed, but J doesn't include Combattler's story. In fact, it's not even a post-script matter. The Campebellians just flat out don't exist in J. Combattler is here mostly so the Choudenji Bros appear together. Since it's rare for one to show up but not the other. Although, it's often that it's Combattler the one making the solo appearances, as you may have seen from 30. DLC may add Voltes, but that's still not main game.

I'm now at 1.3 million in unspent funds. Still can't decide who to use them on. Reading that spent funds aren't refunded and instead upgrades stick on NG+... maybe I'd opt for a fresh save for my second run (Vorlent can always be cheated into being usable). But it's way too soon to say, need to see how hellish the later half of the game is.

I think in a NG+ the difficulty does increase, to compensate that upgrades do carry over. So don't sleep on it just yet.

I'm familiar with that funny. The thing is, being much younger and having basically no experience with mecha anime, the reference might as well have been a Spacenoid in orbit because it went over my head.😅

Haha, it's fine.

Speaking of Gato, did he ever meet Char (or Haman, which I am extremely doubtful of) in the actual Gundam canon? The AP Robopedia entry didn't mention any such relationship. Because, playing AP and then flipping through other SRW flowcharts, he does seem like he not infrequently makes himself Char's loyal comrade and -sometimes but not always as AP is an exception- hates Haman.

Best I recall, no.

The thing with Gato is that he genuinely believes on the actual original ideals of Zeon Daikum, Char's father. This is why recruiting him often requires having Quattro in the party (AP does seem to be an exception, weirdly enough). And inversely, if Char is an enemy and Gato is around, then he will join him (Compact2/Impact, 64, Alpha 2, etc).

A variation of this is seen as early as SRW 3, where Gato falls out with the Zabi Family (who take over DC after Bian's death) once he learns they plan to sell out Earth to the Inspectors. While the "canon" route doesn't have him joining the party, in one of the alternative routes he does.

Oh, oh God, there are no save states in Yuzu.

Well, that's all right. I am 99% sure the crash was my fault for minimizing the game during loading. I must simply not do that. Easy.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, oh God, there are no save states in Yuzu.

Well, that's all right. I am 99% sure the crash was my fault for minimizing the game during loading. I must simply not do that. Easy.

Cemu doesn't have save states either. I actually looked up why, it takes considerably complex computing power to put out a save state and while Cemu and Yuzu work well, making a save state is too much.

...Not taking another chance tonight, though. If I can't save state, then I'll just have to make a bookmark right before Waluigi's death and copypaste the save files. I'll delete it later. Victory is assured anyway. Nobody had to die this time too. This has been a general success.

Yeah, that didn't crash. Actually, funnily enough, I minimized again during the loading screen after the save screen. Nothing happened. In fact, I think what happened was, I minimized at the very instant the save screen came up, which caused the game to somehow short circuit. Considering the save screen comes up nearly instantly after Waluigi's death, I am fairly certain this was a frame perfect crash strat. Aren't I amazing?

Anyway.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- Hey look what I did!

5Qu2fIhB_o.png

Your girl killed Waluigi! Aren't you proud.

Why this guy is so powerful in this difficulty, I'll never know, but he's gone now. And unlike a certain little group of blundering clowns, he's gonna stay that way.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cemu doesn't have save states either. I actually looked up why, it takes considerably complex computing power to put out a save state and while Cemu and Yuzu work well, making a save state is too much.

Yeah, modern systems have too much going on to instantly create perfect snapshots like that.

Oh, well that's unfortunate. It appears the "remove DLC gift items" patch also removes the DLC cosmetics. Which is okay now, but I really want those round specs for Greg, when I get him. Of course, I could always just buy and sell stuff until I get rid of the items and the 30k gold, but that'd be a tedious process. I'll get in contact with the modder and see how that pans out. I must have the Sommie suit.

EDIT: I am dumb and wrong, I just had to talk to Pinet again lololololololololol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tea Taimu yo

I am considering using her this time. Feel free to provide further arguments to convince me.

...fell style gives her the fantastic evil version animations, but sadly it for some reason also removes all voice lines from the unit it is applied to. Shame. That Alfred pose is beyond cool.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I love how she has that fancy, big and bulky Victorian style dress, and then above her navel she just has some straps over her chest.

Thankfully I can use the power of mods to put her in something different.

...if I feel so inclined. I will admit, I find some humor in the fact that she looks like a hairy turtle.