Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Wait... Something entirely unrelated just hit me.

So Houses's crests in Japanese are called Emblems, right? There was that whole thing about Byleth's crest being the Fire Emblem and shit.

Could Engage be the reason they were renamed to crests in the localization? To avoid confusion?

That's it, just a random observation that just occured to me.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's you talking about 3H, so my mind directly interepted it as negative lol

I mean, I can't say I blame you lol, but I am capable of bringing up Houses without being negative.

Case in point: Hanneman. Hanneman is way rad. Coolest mage in the series. Till Lindon came to be, at least, but he's still solid top 2.

A fully upgrade Steely Stare is ridiculous. The game practically plays itself. Luigi might just beat out The Fox from Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

For Bowser I suppose I would have preferred him using his natural abilities instead of a gun. This is a game where Bowser just doesn't breath fire at all.
He's got his ass bomb from Mario Bros 3, but it's awkward to use because it's performed automatically after he goes into the air for the first time. So usually it goes to waste. It also doesn't seem to be all that strong without a lot of point investment and movement attack boosting Sparks, if at all.

Edited by BrightBow

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What's the rule on ironmans and accidently shutting down console/emulators?

How does this happen? Xd

Edited by Lightcosmo

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Accidental button press. Just one button on keyboard is enough to reset emulator rip

That... Is really impressive. Cant you change that?

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

That... Is really impressive. Cant you change that?

I can, but i do use these shortcuts from time to time

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Also, thats why I use an actual controller, dont trust keyboard gaming.

I use a controller as well, but on PC i might do something else on the side, like for example uploading progress to the ironman thread

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So

Umm

Just happened during linked ironman with. I didn't lose anyone so i should continue/reset normally, right?

Just be up front about what happened, and continue like normal. That is what I did when my 3DS had some technical difficulties that forced me to replay practically an entire chapter of the linked ironman...

Another mod I really ought to try at some point. I saw a couple of these "you just get handed units at the start with no context" mods for Fates and they didn't interest me that much, but in this case... When it's fully done - IE when Hyacinth and growths get added, as per the latest update's changelog - it'll be like, game complete. Everything I wanted from it will be taken care of, officially or otherwise, down to my wildest, least likely hopes and dreams. Well minus the fact that they'll have no supports, but oh well

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

A fully upgrade Steely Stare is ridiculous. The game practically plays itself. Luigi might just beat out The Fox from Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Loogi is pretty hilarious. It's painfully obvious the dev team loves him. Even back in the first game he was insane, on top of having the second best availability of the entire team. Then the second game came around and they decided to... not nerf him. He's just a madman again, with perfect availability this time.

On the opposite end stands Yoshi, for whom the team clearly couldn't care less. In the first game he joined when there were like, five battles left. In the second he just straight up got erased in favor of the dev team's literal edgelord OC. Oof.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

For Bowser I suppose I would have preferred him using his natural abilities instead of a gun. This is a game where Bowser just doesn't breath fire at all.
He's got his ass bomb from Mario Bros 3, but it's awkward to use because it's performed automatically after he goes into the air for the first time. So usually it goes to waste. It also doesn't seem to be all that strong without a lot of point investment and movement attack boosting Sparks, if at all.

The ass bomb also works weirdly, because if Bowser lands on an object - a trick I often used to extend jump distance just a bit - the sound plays but it doesn't work. It's just kind of meh ability.

56 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So

Umm

Just happened during linked ironman with. I didn't lose anyone so i should continue/reset normally, right?

Meh. I'd say it's okay. Mistakes happen, plus if nobody died prior...

On 4/12/2023 at 11:21 AM, Sidereal Wraith said:

Make sure to go to the top of the Empire State Building.

I don't think I'll get a chance to, but I will say hi to Olympus up there if I do!

On 4/12/2023 at 12:34 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Joooooooo my son going around in the world.

Have fun 😄

Thanks!

On 4/12/2023 at 1:56 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nintendo New York is right there.😉

Yup! My plan is to get some pokemon plushies while I'm there. Not sure which ones, though...

doubt you have time or perhaps pocket cash to go into any of them.

Sadly not... We are headed to the National Jazz museum soon, but that's all we have time for. There are so many museums here I'd want to visit if I came back...

has a floor dedicated to a vast collection of Tiffany stained glass lamps, which would be sure to light up your world.

I bet that's Morshu's favorite.

WICKED IS SO DAMN GOOD OH MY GOD

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The ass bomb also works weirdly, because if Bowser lands on an object - a trick I often used to extend jump distance just a bit - the sound plays but it doesn't work. It's just kind of meh ability.

It's all kinds of weird. You would think the command would simply be performed with the A button, like Mario's Stomp. Why is it automatic? Especially if you can still prevent it from being triggered by intentionally screwing up the landing anyway.
His Mecha Koopas are also weird. If they end up in a part of the level they can't leave, they get stuck there forever. Normally you'd expect that in situations like this the game would either have them self-destruct after a few turns, allow the player to detonate them manually or simply despawn them once new ones are summoned. Instead they stay active until the end of the map, preventing Bowser from using the ability again.
I also haven't tried the fire upgrade yet, but I have to imagine it's a double-edged sword considering how unpredictable fire is. Bowser does not even have fire resistance build in.

I feel like Bowser suffered from cut corners. Still, just having him means a lot.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but on PC i might do something else on the side, like for example uploading progress to the ironman thread

Then i guess you were punished for your misdeeds of not preparing ahead of time! XD

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Twilight Princess has been on my radar for being the only 3D Zelda game I have not yet played...

Play the HD remaster so that the text goes by faster so that the opening only last three hours instead of three hours and 30 minutes.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never showed this during your run of the games, but this was planned to some degree.:

tumblr_mn7wcnygN41s0osjho3_1280.jpg

That would've been Ganondorf's one and only appearance in the 2D games.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I can just imagine them catching up 1000 years in the future, and Rafal going "sis I did some pretty effed up stuff but holy shit girl you're not one to talk"

...also, doesn't she support Timerra in the campaign? Imagine the conversation. "This meat tastes as good as you did in the other timeline, Timerra!" "Sorry say wha" 

The bit about the corrupted Firenese santing to help makes me think about how they could have gotten more use out of the perfect corrupted. Aside from chapter 22 (specifically, since the only long-term ramification of that was a powerup), the concept so the DLC can happen. They can just handwave the alt lords potentially being able to help with a simple "they dead", but that's fucked up when for all intents and purposes they act alive. And what more do they do with the idea? Making it so Hyacinth 2 doesn't need different animations like Morion did?

Actually... Okay, I know, here goes Ruben with the old people meme again, but there was something interesting there. Corrupted Hyacinth was pretty much the same guy, with some minor lobotomy. Heck, he actually seems closer to his original gentler self, as described by his children, than before.

Perhaps he could've managed to fight against Sombron's control like Veyle did. Obviously they wouldn't put as much effort into keeping him in line, so he could potentially escape. And now he has to deal with the guilt of letting himself get manipulated/controlled into starting a war, killing his neighbour king and driving his country to ruin. Why not? We took Rafal and Mauvier lol. Could've even had some cool Matthew/Jaffar style support with Morion's kids or Saphir. Not to mention, the trauma of literally dying. It would've been a super interesting playable character concept. They could have used him as a vehicle to explore the nature of the corrupted. But, alas, he was too old and ugly, so no.

Spoiler

Yes, she does have supports with her. Haven't seen them yet, though.

Or just not make them Corrupted, plain and simple. Alas, they wanted the FX to be as "ow the edge!" as possible.

Actually, I think it's stated Alt Hyacinth was actually the only royal to not die in the war. Not that it did him any good as he was then sacrificed for the Alt Sombron reviving ritual.

Veyle's thing was different from a Corrupted being forced to act in such way. Hers was the act of a compulsion spell (the helmet simply amplified the spell's power once Veyle begun to resist it), hence why she could fight it. Meanwhile, with the Corrupted it's like rewriting a behavior AI on a computer program, so likely not something you can just reset. At least, not without doing something extreme like killing them again. Still, having a (lasting) Corrupted party member would've been a neat idea.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I can no longer edit the post. Something I forgot to add:

Spoiler

The funny thing about Hyacinth's behavior as a Corrupted, as well as Lumera's for that matter, is that Veyle herself says that it is the normal outcome for Corrupted to return as they were in life, in both mind and personality. You need to actually go out of your way to make them act different. Or not have enough power, as seen with Corrupted Morion, as Sombron brought him back when he had yet to recover his full strength. In this case, what they did with both Hyacinth and Lumera was simply made them loyal to Sombron. Hence why they acted "normal" or expectedly otherwise. If for the most part at least, since there was probably more tampering than that.

Which makes you think about the Alt Royals, huh. Then again, it's hard to say, since Rafal could've still done something to their behaviors after bringing them back the first time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

An easy battle done, and more importantly, Coustwell Brachium! I've been yearning to see what the upgraded design looks like. Shoulder pad knuckle drones, flurries of fists and feet, afterimages that pack a punch, it's a little taste of the Zweizergain yet distinct from it. I love it!😁 New music is lovely too. So, whyyyyyyyy does O Brachium Finish have a mere 4100 power?😦 The base Granteed has 4300 on its strongest attack. Tekkaman Blade was permitted 5000 with its new Blaster form and even the base Voltekka that's been around for forever is 4000. Why'd you screw this up Banpresto, you were so close to perfection! The Coustwell might be dodgy medium-sized, but face it, you made a Super and it should have super-duper power.

Getting the Greimkaiser, it's nice the two pilots lived, but the stats on the unit are... downright bad. It doesn't reach even 3500 attack. Should've had a team attack with Eiji. Further proof that some SRW secrets are more niceties and about saving people from certain death, than hidden sources of supreme power. -Well, once you discount stuff like Thrudgelmir and Betterman Cataphract. SRW is nice enough to give you enough strength to finish any playthrough, the story arcs of every game demands it. 

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So

Umm

You destabilized the laws of physics that sustain the four-dimensional world, causing the Fates universe to spatially collapse on itself, everyone is dead. Ironman over.

...But as long as this whoopsie wasn't did come at a most convenient moment, I think you're fine.😜

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Also, thats why I use an actual controller, dont trust keyboard gaming.

Until your wireless controller starts acting up after hours of play and goes into a five-minute fit of constant reconnection-disconnection. Thank goodness I don't play too many action/real-time games, could be fatal for ingame progress.